Page 146 of 661 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine found she enjoyed talking to the other woman, perhaps it had to do with the fact she was realizing she had someone else to talk about these sorts of matters with. On top of that she had manners and seemed to have a decent head on her shoulders, which was more to be said about some present. "Same cloth? Do you mean as in general personality wise?" She was slightly skeptical, though she was curious of what they had meant in that regard.

"I am Karine. Just like you're Ishstar." Karine repeated, smiling. "No, I think I understand that part. I've..never been too much of a spiritual person but I do believe there was even back then more to us. The physical body is just the shell, your species or what have you is a specialized version of it with its own quirks but what makes you, is as cliche as it sound is inside. I have that about right?"

The pleasant conversation halted when a prank between Totoma and Charco caught her attention.
    "Most of the ephemeral species tend to have the same vices and preferences, yes." Ishtar commented softly. "Only recently has there been a shift in the ... I suppose you could say norm. More ... civilized, and while it is more common now than it used to be, I would not profess to know more than what I have seen with my own eyes."

Though Karine seemed to miss the point of her latter comment, to which Ishtar could only shake her head.

"No no. I am an Oni, but I am so far removed from what my species is, it would dishonor both them, and I; to compare us." The woman clarified. "Much like, to compare you with your older, more .. brutal ancestors would do you a disservice."

It started off seemingly at random, with Totoma declaring seemingly out the blue that he and Sarada were girlfriend and boyfriend. To make the matter more absurd was Sarada going along with it, so the logical part of her knew it was some type of prank to get back at her. That being said, the Nosferartu in her was...less then pleased. She clamped down at that side, even as it snarled to be released off their chains. She couldn't say she herself wasn't a bit upset but she couldn't pin point why exactly.

Was it because altogether it felt too much?

Totoma seemed more passive aggressive then normal to Sarada, even when it wasn't provoked, she was starting to notice more and more as time went on. There was something more to it. Either way the situation had resolved itself before she could of done anything, which likely was for the best since the alternative was throwing my gas into the fire. Perhaps she'd talk to him about it. Maybe.

Karine noticed she had broken the fork she had been holding, blinking she frowned and put it away. She had since lost her appetite, she would leave to collect her thoughts but the meeting came first.

Emotions are needlessly complicated at time especially with what I am...
    "All will be well, Karine." Ishtar merely stated reassuringly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The screen cuts away as the lights dim, and what appears to be a dirty alley is seen. Battersea, younger and shirtless, bloodied, is running down it before seven dark suited men appear at either end. They draw guns and open fire, but Simon effortlessly seems to dodge around each shot as he closes the distance. With single blows and moving faster than any here can perceive but Kami, he punches through their chests and heads easily, killing them all.

Another cuts away to Battersea fighting in what looks like a wasteland of some sort, dozens of monks around him as he grips in one hand a beautiful looking jade dragon claw. As the monks, all surrounded by battle aura's, attack, Simon powers up as well. His energy surge blows half of the attackers backwards from its force alone. The light suddenly dims in the video as power gathers in his open palm, which he crushes and hundreds of smaller ki beams emit from it, striking and killing the other half of the monks.

Again, another cut, this one to an underground tournament of some sort. Simon and another man are trading blows evenly it seems, until Simon grins and his fists ignite under his power, the blows suddenly speeding up far faster than before. Each time a blow lands, an audible crack is heard as the other man's bones break one at a time. When Simon is done, his opponent is left in a heap. Yet another video briefly shows Battersea fighting a giant man, easily thirty feet tall. He catches the man's blows and then casually kicks his knees out, forcing him to the ground. Once down, Battersea calmly grabs a multi-ton boulder and proceeds to strike the giant again and again in the head and chest with it until it's reduced to rubble.

Some World Martial Arts Tournament footage appears next, and this has a much more boisterous and playing around Battersea. No death blows, no big ki attacks. Instead, he seems to like taunting his enemies, noselling them, or simply one shotting them after they exhaust themselves fighting him.

"In regulation tournaments, he plays around. But outside, Battersea is efficient and direct. He doesn't wait around for people to power up, or talk, or anything. If you're in his way, he'll steam roll through you like you're a chump."
    Ishtar watched the video silently, appraising the brevity in the man's style with a careful eye. After a few moments, and the others had responded to one degree or another, the Oni simply nodded and took a sip of cold coffee. At this point stubbornly refusing to let the coffee in the cup go untended.

"How will he fair against someone who refuses to wilt underneath his blows, I wonder ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

"Sarada," Ishtar said her voice cutting through the girl's laughter.

"They are lying to you. For humans, a boyfriend, or girlfriend, is someone with which you are in a physical and emotional relationship with." Turning to look at both Charco and Totoma then, the glint the woman's eye said far more than the words that came out of her mouth.

"I would have expected this behavior from Charco, but from you it is ... a disappointment. Do not do it again."

Turning back to Sarada the Oni eyed her cautiously.

"I would request you save whatever impending reaction for our spar later this afternoon. I would see your worth."
    Ah, it was funny for the thirty seconds it lasted. Shoot!

"It was just a joke, Ishtar," said Totoma, shrugging half-heartedly. "She would do much, much worse to me, if she were capable of it. Enslaved, killed... worse. Use your imagination."

He would have loved to have a Saiyan friend, for once. Or even just a Saiyan that didn't irrationally hate him. But they did, so he figured he might as well give them a valid reason to hate him. Assholes.

He closed his eyes and imagined the muffin button, which calmed the bubbling rage within him. Had to focus on the positive things. Karine, muffins, fighting Jack, Karine with Muffins...

Actually, Karine had probably saw all that. Talking to her might be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

"D'aw. Is my boyfriend mad?" She giggled as he begrudgingly offered to teach her the ways of boyfriend/girlfriend relationships. Clearly, having to do such after trying to lie his way out of it would be humiliating, thus only adding to her enjoyment. She couldn't wait to parade him around in public.

As if sensing that "Toto's" anger was preventing him from thinking straight, Charco stepped up and gave her some insight.

Hm. This was all very new to her, but from the sounds of it, it was the standard master/slave type relationship. Realizing that, Sarada felt more at ease and more comfortable with her relationship with Totoma moving forward. Evidently, his father was a cook, so she should have been very satisfied with his gifts of daily praise in the form of expansive meals akin to what Jinzi prepared for them this morning and yesterday.

As far as valuable gifts went, she wasn't sure what he would have in mind. Saiyans were far different than the other beings she was sure he was inferior to in the past. As such, he would have to think outside the box, so to speak, in order to find the perfect things to please her. She was certain he could do it; he was half-saiyan, after all.

Her laughter cut off abruptly.

They... lied to her? Everything about boyfriends and girlfriends she had learned up to that point was a completely lie?

No way. It wasn't possible. And yet, a cursory glance at Charco's expression revealed that Ishtar spoke the truth.

Sarada couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe she was fooled that badly so easily. She... she declared that the mutt was her mate, someone she was in a physical relationship with! The urge to vomit was strong, but not nearly as strong as the urge to remove Charco's head from his shoulders was.

How DARE he make an ass out of her?! Did he not realize who he was fucking around with?! She was a saiyan warrior, not some... some clown for his amusement!

Her teeth ground and gritted together. Her hand balled into a fist bound so tightly, it shook with rage. They would pay dearly. She was not one to trifle with.

Instead of enacting her vengeance right then and there, she restrained herself and opted to wait. Totoma would get his soon. Charco, on the other hand, would have to wait.

She flashed a sharp, predatory smile. "Hilarious," she stated curtly.
    Totoma walked past Sarada without saying a word. He did briefly entertain the thought of rubbin' salt into her wounds, but decided against it. She was already seething, and both Jinzi and Kami wouldn't appreciate a brawl breaking out.

He did wonder how they would get along if he were a fullblooded Saiyan. He'd actually intended to act the part before his secret had been discovered and blurted out. Had a story cooked up and everythin'.

Ah, what could've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine found she enjoyed talking to the other woman, perhaps it had to do with the fact she was realizing she had someone else to talk about these sorts of matters with. On top of that she had manners and seemed to have a decent head on her shoulders, which was more to be said about some present. "Same cloth? Do you mean as in general personality wise?" She was slightly skeptical, though she was curious of what they had meant in that regard.

"I am Karine. Just like you're Ishstar." Karine repeated, smiling. "No, I think I understand that part. I've..never been too much of a spiritual person but I do believe there was even back then more to us. The physical body is just the shell, your species or what have you is a specialized version of it with its own quirks but what makes you, is as cliche as it sound is inside. I have that about right?"

The pleasant conversation halted when a prank between Totoma and Charco caught her attention.

It started off seemingly at random, with Totoma declaring seemingly out the blue that he and Sarada were girlfriend and boyfriend. To make the matter more absurd was Sarada going along with it, so the logical part of her knew it was some type of prank to get back at her. That being said, the Nosferartu in her was...less then pleased. She clamped down at that side, even as it snarled to be released off their chains. She couldn't say she herself wasn't a bit upset but she couldn't pin point why exactly.

Was it because altogether it felt too much?

Totoma seemed more passive aggressive then normal to Sarada, even when it wasn't provoked, she was starting to notice more and more as time went on. There was something more to it. Either way the situation had resolved itself before she could of done anything, which likely was for the best since the alternative was throwing my gas into the fire. Perhaps she'd talk to him about it. Maybe.

Karine noticed she had broken the fork she had been holding, blinking she frowned and put it away. She had since lost her appetite, she would leave to collect her thoughts but the meeting came first.

Emotions are needlessly complicated at time especially with what I am...
    Totoma took up position next to Karine, his arms crossed. He leaned over and whispered, with a mischievous look and a chuckle: "I think we may have just set a world-record for quickest breakup."

Kari probably didn't think it was nearly as funny as he did, if the bent or broken spoon in her hand was any indication. To him, though, the entire thing was just a bit of fun. A comedy duo routine.

If it had continued, though, it might have been a good chance to influence Sarada to not be such a... a racist dick, while providing some entertainment for him.

"So... did I go too far?" he whispered.

The screen cuts away as the lights dim, and what appears to be a dirty alley is seen. Battersea, younger and shirtless, bloodied, is running down it before seven dark suited men appear at either end. They draw guns and open fire, but Simon effortlessly seems to dodge around each shot as he closes the distance. With single blows and moving faster than any here can perceive but Kami, he punches through their chests and heads easily, killing them all.

Another cuts away to Battersea fighting in what looks like a wasteland of some sort, dozens of monks around him as he grips in one hand a beautiful looking jade dragon claw. As the monks, all surrounded by battle aura's, attack, Simon powers up as well. His energy surge blows half of the attackers backwards from its force alone. The light suddenly dims in the video as power gathers in his open palm, which he crushes and hundreds of smaller ki beams emit from it, striking and killing the other half of the monks.

Again, another cut, this one to an underground tournament of some sort. Simon and another man are trading blows evenly it seems, until Simon grins and his fists ignite under his power, the blows suddenly speeding up far faster than before. Each time a blow lands, an audible crack is heard as the other man's bones break one at a time. When Simon is done, his opponent is left in a heap. Yet another video briefly shows Battersea fighting a giant man, easily thirty feet tall. He catches the man's blows and then casually kicks his knees out, forcing him to the ground. Once down, Battersea calmly grabs a multi-ton boulder and proceeds to strike the giant again and again in the head and chest with it until it's reduced to rubble.

Some World Martial Arts Tournament footage appears next, and this has a much more boisterous and playing around Battersea. No death blows, no big ki attacks. Instead, he seems to like taunting his enemies, noselling them, or simply one shotting them after they exhaust themselves fighting him.

"In regulation tournaments, he plays around. But outside, Battersea is efficient and direct. He doesn't wait around for people to power up, or talk, or anything. If you're in his way, he'll steam roll through you like you're a chump."
    "Good policy," stated Totoma. "Pragmatic, efficient... boring."

He'd do the same thing, but stomping on people was a lot less fun than having a good, even fight.

"How did he get so strong? Born that way, or did he do lots of pushups, situps, and drink plenty of juice? And what sort of power is he packin'?"

Probably not high by Saiyan standards, but by Earthling standards he was clearly... like, the equivalent of a super-elite. A real badass, for Earth.

Totoma remained silent for a moment, then added: "...I wanna fight 'im."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Incredible Member

Chuan gripped his cup a little harder as he saw the footage. By the time it reached the tournament, he had to let go of it before he shattered it in his hand. It wasn't like it was personal at all, yet it truly disgusted him. His anger only cooled off once he managed to catch himself, though.

Kami smile at them as they enter.

“Indeed, Koorimaru. Once breakfast is over, the story shall all come out and all shall be on the same page. From there we can start planning.”

She looks at Midori and Shiro and bows her head in return.

“A pleasure to meet you both personally. I do not recall my real name anymore, but I am called Kami by some.”
    "We meet once more, Kami," Asha'rah said, her voice gentle in greeting. She felt a sense of peace wash over her. There were many things to talk about, but here, in this moment, she said no more.

"Blowhard though Mr. Battersea may be, the air he blows is not unduly hot," she said, "everyone gathered in this room is an extraordinary fighter, but it would be a steep climb to claim victory in a fair, one on one duel with him absent a very good plan."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

"It was just a joke, Ishtar," said Totoma, shrugging half-heartedly. "She would do much, much worse to me, if she were capable of it. Enslaved, killed... worse. Use your imagination."

He would have loved to have a Saiyan friend, for once. Or even just a Saiyan that didn't irrationally hate him. But they did, so he figured he might as well give them a valid reason to hate him. Assholes.

He closed his eyes and imagined the muffin button, which calmed the bubbling rage within him. Had to focus on the positive things. Karine, muffins, fighting Jack, Karine with Muffins...

Actually, Karine had probably saw all that. Talking to her might be a good idea.
    Ishtar didn't respond immediately, though Totoma would feel her enter his mind.

"She is capable of it, is the thing; and yet despite all of her posturing she has done ... what ?" The woman let the question hang in the half-saiyan's mind before she said anything else. "After this day is ended, I will be sitting you two down to talk. At best, I would see you both on pleasant terms until a time that our tasks are complete. If neither one of you wishes to be mature in your dealings, I will force the issue." A mental sigh could be heard before the connection was cut.

Children.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

The screen cuts away as the lights dim, and what appears to be a dirty alley is seen. Battersea, younger and shirtless, bloodied, is ru nning down it before seven dark suited men appear at either end. They draw guns and open fire, but Simon effortlessly seems to dodge around each shot as he closes the distance. With single blows and moving faster than any here can perceive but Kami, he punches through their chests and heads easily, killing them all.

"Well.....There goes my breakfast."

The Nevadian looked nervously at the screen, realizing the caliber of opponent they had chosen to face.

"This is the kind of thing you usually give someone some time to wake up for...Good grief."

Is there really enough time for us to stand up to a guy like that? I can't say I truly understand what everyone brings to the table, but I have a hard time imagining we could take him individually.....

The Nevadian had seen his share of battle on earth, but he had never seen the outright contemptuous level of power so casually displayed on this planet. On the field of battle, it was inherent in the very way he moved, the very nature of his attacks.

His techniques.

His executions.

Overpowering some, crushing others with his overwhelming skills. Sometimes quite literally.

On the area floor, the implied superiority was outright manifested, as the champion took great pleasure to dishearten his opponents, showing the futility of their efforts. It was not the brutality that Held found disheartening.

It was the sheer gulf between Battersea and his apparently capable foes.

"Honestly." The Nevadian continued, getting up to pour himself a stiff drink, "The only thing I could take any solace from in that video is the fact that he is unlikely to kill whoever he engages in the tournament."

Then again, I would imagine none of them had anything he wanted, like that Claw...Or the Dragonballs.....

"Still, it's better to be realistic about this sort of thing...." He poured orange juice into his cup, which had contained a clear liquor, mixing the contents, "I'd hate for us to walk in overly optimistic...."

He stirred the contents together with a metal spoon, clinking it slightly against the glass as he did.

"But I assume you must have another reason, other than simple intelligence gathering..." He turned to address their host,Jinzi.

"Is this the type of thing where we start with the unpleasant, and move on from there?"

He took a sip of his drink, wincing slightly from it's potency.

"Or is this the type of conversation that goes from bad to worse?"
    Last edited by Miburo; 02-01-2018 at 01:40 AM.

Adam watches silently, then gives it's observations at the end. "Direct confrontation ill advised. Recommend assassination. The enemy's battle prowess is irrelevant if you do not give them a chance to fight. Is the subject's residence known? I estimate a 76% chance I can return with the dragonball in 24 hours." It glances at the ones who expressed an eagerness to fight Subject Battersea, and made a note to never listen to their advice. They make poor choices.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam watches silently, then gives it's observations at the end. "Direct confrontation ill advised. Recommend assassination. The enemy's battle prowess is irrelevant if you do not give them a chance to fight. Is the subject's residence known? I estimate a 76% chance I can return with the dragonball in 24 hours." It glances at the ones who expressed an eagerness to fight Subject Battersea, and made a note to never listen to their advice. They make poor choices.
    "Now, hold on for just a moment," Kai said, as the idea of assassinating someone made him rather uneasy. "While I'm completely for avoiding any confrontation with the man- direct or otherwise- and partly up for a little house visit to simply snatch the dragon ball from him, killing Battersea seems to be a bit more than a bit much, don't you think?"
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The whisk disturbed the murky green suspension, water and powder gliding through bamboo gills in the teacup.

"He is the people's champion, so the endless chatter of the news media would have the world believe. Some regard even this boisterous sadist as a hero on the merit of his strength alone. That is the image Battersea has chosen to convey."

Clumps of powder, slowly broken apart, upended, now seamless.

"But that image is a measure of control. Destroy the image, break the facade, and you allow such pretense to pass through and fall. Only truth will remain," he said, exchanging a look with Koorimaru across the room, "When death comes calling for this champion, who can say what he will do to save himself?"

And his wish.
    Fixing his gaze on Ochazuke, Koorimaru allowed an insincere smile to play across his face.

"I have no doubt all you say is true, my dear Ochazuke, although I was referring to drawing out the Old Kami. Still, what you say does have merit. If a creature as terrible as the Old Kami should make an attack on the island, I'm sure Battersea would be loath to play the coward in front of his adoring public. His reputation may well be a chain we can use to direct him against our mutual enemies."

====

"Many are under the sway of their baser instincts, yes." Ishtar responded, somewhat dismissive about the behavior of, well ... most of them. "Yet they are young, and have not seen what some have seen. While it is somewhat disappointing to see, given the tasks set before them; I would not expect them to behave any different." Many of them were still children, or at the very least crafted in the appearance of children. To treat them as if they were beyond their years would do everyone a disservice.
    And yet, if this task is so far beyond them, why has it been set before them.

He did not speak his thoughts aloud, but a single dubious nod spoke more than any words could.

The Frost Demon made one comment or another after her handling of the situation then, at which the Oni shrugged.

"It is not the first time I have seen children acting out, and I doubt it will be the last." It was of some note however, how well the man had shifted from praise to curiosity aimed at her origins. As with most, the blue skin and horns had engendered a need for answers. Ishtar smiled.

"I am an Oni, the caretakers of Otherworld, also known as the Afterlife. It is not a world, so much as another realm entirely." After a brief pause the then stated, rather matter of fact,

"I however, am Ishtar; and what I am, is not who I am."
    Koorimaru raised an eye at the odd accolade, perturbed for a moment before allowing his features to relax into a chuckle, "Yes, I suppose that you are in the way Old Kami subverts the typical pacifism of his kind, or Ajna the impulsivity of his people.... or, I suppose, how planetary trade never appealed to me."

He'd never paid much attention to what came after death. He suspected few of his people did. Their concerns were strictly of what could be gained from the world of the living, and the pursuit of unobjective philosophising held no appeal to the greater number of his kind.

Perhaps that was why the slightest stirrings of an awareness of his own mortality now whispered in the back of his mind. If a being from the land of the dead was now speaking to him, that hardly made the consigned the concept of the afterlife to the realm of fantasy.

"I shall have to ask you more about your realm, but it would seem that we have more important matters to attend to."

"Children, children!" Jinzi calls out, tapping a spoon against the stainless steel table, making a loud clang sound each time.

"Your attention please. Now that breakfast is over, I believe we can move on to the information I have.", he says, gesturing toward a large screen that suddenly appears on the far wall.

"If I can have your attention to the screen, I believe we shall learn a bit more about Battersea first."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "Blowhard though Mr. Battersea may be, the air he blows is not unduly hot," she said, "everyone gathered in this room is an extraordinary fighter, but it would be a steep climb to claim victory in a fair, one on one duel with him absent a very good plan."
    "Our mechanical friend here is right." Koorimaru said soon after, "If our dear Battersea does intend to enter the tournament, we have none of us any hope of besting him in single combat. I do not know how much we can expect to rise in power within this week, but all the same, if we intend to secure the Dragon Ball in the tournament, we will have to make plans to claim it without necessarily emerging victorious in Battersea's tourney."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post

Jinzi holds a hand up to Adam.

“Actually, Battersea is a nomad. He had several ‘homes’ but rarely spends more than a night there and never in any real pattern. He’s an *******, but he’s not stupid.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Kami nods and smiles at Asha’rah. After the videos, Jinzi turns toward them all.

“The plan is to win the tournament, where Battersea is actually at his weakest point. No killling, and where there are set rules like if you touch outside the arena, you lose the match. With my training, you will all get very, very strong. Strong enough, possibly, to counter Battersea. And even if not, close enough to use your rather impressive unique techniques to force him out of the arena.”

“However, I do intend to have a backup should we fail in that endevour. Steal the thing when Battersea presents it with his winnings. Anytime before that it’s too secure, held away by the monks on the island alongside the other winnings.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Fantastic Member

Kami nods and smiles at Asha’rah. After the videos, Jinzi turns toward them all.

“The plan is to win the tournament, where Battersea is actually at his weakest point. No killling, and where there are set rules like if you touch outside the arena, you lose the match. With my training, you will all get very, very strong. Strong enough, possibly, to counter Battersea. And even if not, close enough to use your rather impressive unique techniques to force him out of the arena.”

“However, I do intend to have a backup should we fail in that endeavour. Steal the thing when Battersea presents it with his winnings. Anytime before that it’s too secure, held away by the monks on the island alongside the other winnings.”
    "Should that time come, I hope you and Kami have a means of extracting those of us who wish to participate in the tournament. I doubt many of us will enjoy the prospect of being left on the island, surrounded by individuals who wish to honour the spirit of the competition." Leaning back on his seat, Koorimaru steepled his hands together, "And we may not be the only contestants who will be willing to employ any means to earn our prize. While Battersea is certainly in a position to tip things to his favour, Willa and her lieutenant may be cause for concern as well."

“However, I do intend to have a backup should we fail in that endevour. Steal the thing when Battersea presents it with his winnings. Anytime before that it’s too secure, held away by the monks on the island alongside the other winnings.”
    "Stealth taking from others is one of my many talents." Meagan smiled, which quickly turned into a slightly sad look that then became a more serious one. "Lets' just say I have had plenty of real-life experience in this area."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Most of the ephemeral species tend to have the same vices and preferences, yes." Ishtar commented softly. "Only recently has there been a shift in the ... I suppose you could say norm. More ... civilized, and while it is more common now than it used to be, I would not profess to know more than what I have seen with my own eyes."

Though Karine seemed to miss the point of her latter comment, to which Ishtar could only shake her head.

"No no. I am an Oni, but I am so far removed from what my species is, it would dishonor both them, and I; to compare us." The woman clarified. "Much like, to compare you with your older, more .. brutal ancestors would do you a disservice."

"All will be well, Karine." Ishtar merely stated reassuringly.
    The words did to an extent, though she realized she may have been projecting a bit. She wasn't as upset as Totoma she realized besides a little bit so much as it stuck a bit too close to home. Old wounds and all, she supposed. "Thank you. I'll be fine. It's more on me, just reminded me of something was all.."

Karine didn't further elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

Totoma walked past Sarada without saying a word. He did briefly entertain the thought of rubbin' salt into her wounds, but decided against it. She was already seething, and both Jinzi and Kami wouldn't appreciate a brawl breaking out.

He did wonder how they would get along if he were a fullblooded Saiyan. He'd actually intended to act the part before his secret had been discovered and blurted out. Had a story cooked up and everythin'.

Ah, what could've been.

Totoma took up position next to Karine, his arms crossed. He leaned over and whispered, with a mischievous look and a chuckle: "I think we may have just set a world-record for quickest breakup."

Kari probably didn't think it was nearly as funny as he did, if the bent or broken spoon in her hand was any indication. To him, though, the entire thing was just a bit of fun. A comedy duo routine.

If it had continued, though, it might have been a good chance to influence Sarada to not be such a... a racist dick, while providing some entertainment for him.

"So... did I go too far?" he whispered.
    ."
    Totoma came shuffling to her, seemingly tickled after what just happened and more then a bit amused. At his words, she sighed a bit. "Yes and no. I wasn't there when it happened, maybe she provoked you. Though, I've noticed you seem to antagonize her at times even when she doesn't, from the looks of it. I'm..not going to get on my high horse about it, but as your best friend I'm going to get a nudge if I think you go over the edge. I kinda realized after the fact I was more projecting. Scenario drudged up bad memories that had nothing to do with either you or Sarada."

Karine crossed her arms, that made sense as she wasn't sure anyone would fare well with them one on one in just a week. "For a reminder and reference, how high was his power level?" There was more to power in a fight, but if the power gap was too high then all the tricks and skill in the world meant nothing.
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 02-01-2018 at 06:47 AM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Chuan gripped his cup a little harder as he saw the footage. By the time it reached the tournament, he had to let go of it before he shattered it in his hand. It wasn't like it was personal at all, yet it truly disgusted him. His anger only cooled off once he managed to catch himself, though.
    Sarada noticed Chuan looking a little angry, to the point that he nearly shattered his cup.

Clearly, this was because he was anxious to fight Battersea and was angry that he couldn't do so right then and there. "She stepped over to him and slapped him on the back. "Heh. Watching that really got a fire burning in your gut, didn't it?" she asked the healer. "Don't worry. You can have a crack at him after me."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!