Page 15 of 661 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    (Ooc: boy did I jump the gun, missed this, sorry! Rewind, rewind...)

"I'm not a betting man, I prefer the course of sure things," he said, "but under the duress I see little choice."
    "Whoever gets the kill, the other two have to buy him lunch," he said, "I figure after I put this thing down I'll be a mite peckish."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "Let us be on our way then, we have much to discuss."

She then turned to the children and extended the older boy a hand. Her voice resonated from her speaker, echoey but warm.

"I know you're scared. All of us are. Let's try to figure this out together, shall we?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "It's gonna be 42 Twilight Lane." Charco, figuring he might as well since they'll be all looking for the house. After all, he caught a lucky break with the road being so close, and he was doubtful he would get too many more breaks of the fortunate kind. With the sunset well past since their arrival, he kept to the illuminated path given by the streetlights since he did not want to run into another piper in low-visibility.
    Ishtar nodded, and gestured for the others- and children- to proceed ahead of her. "Get the children safely there, I will follow behind to ensure nothing untoward follows." She felt reasonably sure that the others were all trustworthy enough for now, but the two new individuals who had yet to say anything were ... enough to give Ishtar pause. Who knew if anything else would join them ?

Lingering a moment to allow the others to take a slight lead, Ishtar followed quickly after, towards 42 Twilight Lane, and whatever waited for them there.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "No," she sighed, eyes narrowed into slits, "the 'taken by the cold' nonsense."

He wanted to make a wager. On Vocado, wagers were made all the time. Usually with money, booze, food, women, and favors on the line. She personally had never made one, but had always wanted to.

"Yes! I want to wager. Name your terms."
    "Oh, fellah in the tavern said that's what took all the people, looks like he wasn't entirely wrong either by the way that thing looks."

Jack frowned "Sounds a bit stupid when you make me explain it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Whoever gets the kill, the other two have to buy him lunch," he said, "I figure after I put this thing down I'll be a mite peckish."
    "Mm."

Loathe as he was to admit it, the prospect of a hot meal had been at the back of his mind during their entire trek. The bear he slew earlier in the day was only enough for a single portion.

"If you're to put it down, then I wish you fortune in this deed," he smirked, "However, you'll only hit it if you can see it."

With that Ochazuke started walking into the storm.

"Be ready."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"You're on!"

How could she possibly pass up a meal at someone else's expense? She felt that it would have been fair to warn him and the other guy that her stomach was like a bottomless pit, but it would have been funnier to see their faces after the fact.

Hehe.

"Oh, fellah in the tavern said that's what took all the people, looks like he wasn't entirely wrong either by the way that thing looks."

Jack frowned "Sounds a bit stupid when you make me explain it."
    "I… see." So, that was why they came here in the first place, to find a bunch of people who had gone missing. Hmph, bunch of weaklings. Anyone who was so weak that they couldn't fight their way out of a possible kidnapping attempt was better off dead.

Hmph.

It was a good thing such a strong creature was headed their way, or she would have incredibly angry that her hunger was delayed because of those idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    So... he had a choice. Continue to watch in secret... or reveal himself?
    Her scouter beeped again. There was another power level of 50 somewhere behind them.

She spun around and looked in the direction the scouter indicated until she found someone spying on them from afar. "There's some over there. Hey you!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Chou got up, just barely, using the tk glow on himself to get up. Looking to see the flying woman, figures not to get her attention as he is still messed up.

“ Being able to do healing, senzu bean,or healing factor would have been great right now.” He thought as he spits out a broken tooth, those do grow back with time, for him anyway, slowly.:
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 01-05-2018 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    <snip>

Her scouter beeped again. There was another power level of 50 somewhere behind them.

She spun around and looked in the direction the scouter indicated until she found someone spying on them from afar. "There's some over there. Hey you!"
    Totoma froze. How had she? Wait... scouter. Duh.

Making a mental note to work on a way to suppress his power soon, he stepped out from behind the tree, both hands held up in a non-threatening manner. He began slowly walking towards the group.

"Don't worry, I'm a... not an enemy," he said... or tried to say, since it came out as muffled gibberish thanks to the absurd amount of clothing he had on.

Oh for Kami's sake. Not only did he look like some abominable snowman, he sounded like one too.

He loosened his hood a bit, then spoke again: "So... yeah, I was nearby and heard fighting. Sounded fu--er, you guys need any help? And why are you out here?"

The prospect of a fight made his Saiya-jin blood boil... in a good (?) way. And he could probably guess why they were out here. Same reason as him.

...well, probably not the Saiyan woman. She was probably just here to deck people in the schnoz.

He locked eyes with Sarada. "Hm. A Saiya-jin, on Earth? Imagine that."

Wait, no, bad idea. Most people didn't know about Saiya-jins here. Crap crap crap crap.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Fantastic Member

The distant roar he'd heard told Koorimaru no good news about the state of matters. Weakened as he was, he was in no position to make any moves in territory as unknown as this was to him by himself.

If he had any reservations about making his presence known to the group, the roar that shook the plains were certainly providing ample incentive for an alliance to be struck between them.

Besides, Koorimaru thought to himself, They may no more of this room of spirit and time.

He had still a ways to go, just a little over 5 minutes by his estimation, but with the blizzard rising, there was little time to waste.

"That's the spirit!" Jack said with glee at the acceptance of his proposal.

'Course if we lose, we're going to be the one's on the menu.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The optic blast from Zaofan strikes the sinking Golem in the chest. Without the ability to fly, the golem is pushed further into the water by the blast and is now fully submerged many stories under water.

As this happens, Chou and Zaofan can see a women flying upwards into the air, Jinzi Pantaloon clutched in one hand by the neck.

——-

Held’s lunging attack with the spear is perfect. On point, by all rights, it should take her in the head right in the forehead.

Instead, at the absolute last second, she moved faster than Held can follow and the spear edges past her head, ruffling her hair. Angered, he sees her eyes become era fed as she tosses Jinzi away (many stories in the air) and turns her hammer around, bringing it arching toward Held’d chest.
    A smile.

This is what began to form on Helds lips as he connected with a picture perfect attack. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, he mused that his Piercing Horn would have been worthy of being shown to future students of his school, as the ideal implementation of the deadly attack.

The beginnings of a smile soon faded as he realized he had missed his attack, his face now sporting a mix of shock and confusion.

His eyes, wide with surprise and disbelief, met with hers, raw with anger, furious at his interference.

What? I was certain that my attack was spot on!

He barely had time to process the sudden reversal of fortune however.

As Jinzi went flying, flung in the air like a piece of tissue among the winter winds, Helds eyes had barely began to trace his ascent.

It was at this point that he realized that the Red Raider was beginning her counter attack.

Shit!

His mind reeled as he attempted to consider it's options. There was no time for such contemplations.

His body, his training, took over.

The attack was too fast to avoid by retreating; the Nevadian too committed to his attack to fall back in time.

He could not go back; and to go forwards, in Hope of smothering her weapon within it's range would be far too ellaborate a movement, against such a powerful, yet simple attack.

Desperately, he pulled back his weapon, the rear of the shaft to reach his left hand, both hands now bracing the weapon.

Ki flowed through the weapon, as it prepared to endure the attack, Held shifting his body to face the hammer and all it's fury.

Gallop!

Ki pulsed, and then burst forth from his legs, The Nevadian jetting forward as a result, hoping to add more force and momentum to his block.
    Last edited by Miburo; 01-05-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Zaofan catches Jinzi as Held’s last desperate attempt to block the blow happens.

A sickening ‘crunch’ sound is heard as the hammer strikes the spear and some of her ki travels through both weapons and into Held’s left wrist. It cracks, breaking, but his maneuver spared him as he falls backwards unable to keep the height as she is flying and he cannot.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

With a might surge of his ki, Ochazuke throws back the front part of the storm enough to reveal their foe.

Twelve feet tall, covered in a thick white fur, horns curling around its viscous looking head, stands a vaughly humanoid or ape like creature. It’s four arms rear back, and it starts running toward him, screaming loud enough to cause the very air around them to get colder still, making breathing painful.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The hover Midori and Shiro target flies up just in the nick of time to avoid their attacks, though it has not started up its own again. Distantly, sirens of approaching police craft can be heard.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Cue Chou observing the mid air dance of death as he summons more chains as a web to catch Held. His Construct ability still not in use, because he can only do it once in a good while. As he then drops and hangs against wall to prop self to stay up.

Edit: TK not chains.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 01-05-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Dusk City is still worryingly empty of sound and people as they make their way to the house Charco mentioned. The children go along, no longer afraid of the strange appearance of their saviors, though neither has started to speak yet.

The house appears empty from the outside as you all approach.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM