Page 168 of 661 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "......Avenge......." Etrina folder her fingers, a sour look crossing her face. "The dead are dead...and the lives he ruined will remain ruined. Vengeance is pointless. Its the worlds oldest placebo. Your effort is better spend to the people he has yet to harm then the ones he has already harmed...." Etrina let out a sigh.
    Zaofan replied, "Like I said. Harm prevention. If the media and the World Government finds out what Battersea's been up to behind the scenes, it will expose him. It's using his fame against him. If he's put away, he won't be harming any more. And the dead will be honored, their spirits put to rest."

"...If you really believe you can perform the mission without giving too much distracted over to battersea...I won't impede your plans. Just remember that we're on a tight enough timetable as it is without giving way to such side tracking."
    "Duly noted," Zaofan said matter of factly. "Though, I would not refuse any help, either. With most of the action focused on the tournament, infiltration should be relatively easy. But I assure you, I will honor the agreed upon timetable."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "Pardon, what are 'bluntz waves?' I have no record of such emissions from the moon or anywhere else."
    "It's an energy source emitted by celestial bodies, like full moons," she answered the android. "On average, Saiyans need to absorb 17 million zenos of bluntz waves through our retinas to trigger the transformation."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "It's an energy source emitted by celestial bodies, like full moons," she answered the android. "On average, Saiyans need to absorb 17 million zenos of bluntz waves through our retinas to trigger the transformation."
    Adam turns, his interest piqued. "Transformation, fueled by celestial emissions. Fascinating. Perhaps this is how my creator forged my Omnifuntion matrix. I would like to observe this process, it is possible my very being was inspired in part by saiyan biology."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“Well, for now we are more than six days away from when we can implement our plans. For the moment, we need to get back to training. I have a new idea I’d like to run by you all at the arena site, if you would all be so kind as to head over there.”, Jinzi said, smiling delightedly.

Kami, suddenly looking up and narrowing her eyes, looks at Jinzi and a moment passes between the two. He nods, and she turns and looks at them all.

“I shall return when I can, but something requires my attention. Until next time.”

And with that, Kami disappears in a small flash of silver power.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    “Well, for now we are more than six days away from when we can implement our plans. For the moment, we need to get back to training. I have a new idea I’d like to run by you all at the arena site, if you would all be so kind as to head over there.”, Jinzi said, smiling delightedly.

Kami, suddenly looking up and narrowing her eyes, looks at Jinzi and a moment passes between the two. He nods, and she turns and looks at them all.

“I shall return when I can, but something requires my attention. Until next time.”

With a wry smile, Meagan stood up and stretched, arms above her head. Then she walked a short distance away from the sitting area and did some more stretching until she was ready. At that, she followed Jinzi, curious as to what type of training torture he had devised this time.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Adam nods silently and follows Jinzi.

Zaofan heard the order, but briefly stepped aside from the group. What would help him cool off? Maybe a quick stroll...

...back to the kitchen. He pushed the double doors open. The main kitchen island still had several assorted leftovers and chopped and whole fruit and various beverages, all in their own containers, covering the entire table. Zaofan took out a capsule and threw it at the island. *BOM!*

The island, with all the food on it, disappeared into the capsule. Zaofan pocketed it, and stuffed it in his belt. "For later."

He then walked quickly out the kitchen to rejoin the group following Mr. Pantaloon to the arena.

More training? Meaning perhaps another chance at freedom? Sasheem nodded and began to follow Jinzi's lead, taking some breakfast leftovers with him before he left.

"I'll have to change my jumpsuit first. This one is still sticky and nasty after Mr. Pantaloons didn't have any whipped cream, ice cream, or even shaving cream. If Mr. Pantaloons asks, tell him where I am Shiro." Midori said.

"OK." Shiro agreed, and watched her sister walk away for turning to follow their benefactor/leader for more training. She could only hope that Sarada didn't try to follow through that threat she made to punch through Midori's chest while she wasn't around.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Adam turns, his interest piqued. "Transformation, fueled by celestial emissions. Fascinating. Perhaps this is how my creator forged my Omnifuntion matrix. I would like to observe this process, it is possible my very being was inspired in part by saiyan biology."
    As soon as Adam started talking, Sarada was scared he was going to ask her to let him dissect her "a little". She actually sighed in relief when he didn't, instead declaring that he would like to observe her transformation.

"Sure," she replied. "Later on, I'll show you how it's done."

Finally! She was getting tired of sitting around talking all the time. It was time to start training, her favorite part of the day!

She stood and, after shoving another waffle in her mouth and washing it down with orange juice, headed for the training area.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    As soon as Adam started talking, Sarada was scared he was going to ask her to let him dissect her "a little". She actually sighed in relief when he didn't, instead declaring that he would like to observe her transformation.

"Sure," she replied. "Later on, I'll show you how it's done."
    "Also if I could remove one of your eyes, temporarily..."

: Chou follows. Curious to what it is today as he kept quiet but aware.:

Despite himself, Kabuto wasn't entirely unhappy with his predicament. Jinzi's hospitality had worked wonders over the day.

He followed Jinzi after his announcement. He seemed just a little buzzed.

"Ahh, chilling out, eating, drinking, brawling.", he said contentedly. "Now thiz is what life is about."

He walked right behind Jinzi.

"You know, where I'm from, they don't do any of these thingz. Hmm...", he lapsed into pensiveness. "Well, anyway, what'z thiz you wanna show uz?"

"Also if I could remove one of your eyes, temporarily..."
    She rolled her eyes. "And here I thought you learned something from the last time you tried this. The answer is no."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Fear is the death of pride," he nodded in return, "it is in that desperation that one reaches deep within to seize the instinct and will to...survive. A potent force."

The strength of unchecked pride he'd seen far too many times in his journey. It was like a foundation of sand; Hold your gaze upward and you won't notice how far you've sunk until it's too late.

"If left unchecked, it enslaves the mind."

"Ochazuke," he replied simply to his request, his face for a moment falling completely flat.

If simple names escape you, it is no mystery why Saiyans require scouters for direction.

"It is a small comfort that such a method lacks pretension, I suppose," he said, "seizing the victory. Effortlessly."

Without struggle. Without honour. Abandoning rationality to that destroyer instinct completely.

"Whatever the means, it remains the victory claimed at the heart of it all."
    Ochazuke.

Totoma committed the man's name to memory, then regarded him for a moment. He spoke in a very distinct manner. He also seemed quite... hm... more of a martial philosopher than a martial artist. Interesting. Totoma could learn much from this man...

...if he cared to exert the mental effort. Which he did not. Totoma had learned years ago that thinking too deeply caused him to spiral deeper and deeper into depression. So... he trained himself to not think too much, instead relying on feeling and instinct, and then he trained himself to channel those things into positive things.

"Hm. You seem to be a very thoughtful, philosophical man, Mister Ochazuke. A... seeker of truth, I guess. The world needs people like you. Me? I'm just a guy trying to focus the evil of his Saiyan nature into something good. Protecting and saving people, mostly. I'm sure ya' could dissect and force me to question everything I believe, but... please don't. Just point me towards the bad guys and enjoy the fireworks."

He had enough self-awareness to realize that he was, even after a year of travel and trying to sort himself out, just a barely-functional mess, but that was still more useful than a non-functional mess.

Finally, something more up my alley.

Totoma stood up and began making his way towards the training arena. What sort of training did Jinzi have in store for the group? His tail fidgeted, the only outward expression of his barely-contained excitement.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 02-06-2018 at 05:44 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.