Page 179 of 661 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 9901

Default 88 Miles Per Hour with Ochazuke & Karine

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke considered his answer. He idly rolled his neck around his shoulders. After a moment's pause, he extend to Totoma a slight nod. A realization was a first step.

"I can't figure your life out for you. If one should profess that they can, they are liars searching to ensnare fools," he said, a stonefaced glare suggesting the question that would follow. "Your hatred blights your vision. It is one part of a composite. Accept it. "

Exhaling slowly, apprehension spoke to an unfinished thought. If Karine's empathic sense were to pay attention to the interplay, the unspoken question settled plainly in Ochazuke's mind.

And if you cannot, we may have to continue this conversation in a language you understand.
    Totoma thought on Ochazuke's words.

It didn't take much thought to realize that the man was right. Others could offer advice, guidance or even just moral and emotional support, but in the end, it was up to him to take those things and use them to sort himself out. But before he could get to that last part, he had a lot... a whole lot of self-examination to do. And not the half-assed sort he'd been doing the past year.

It scared him. Not as much as asking that one question had. He could do it. He could think of it as... mental retraining, which he'd done before. Not easy, but also not impossible.

He smiled, this time a bit more genuinely. "Heh, we should s--"

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Time Jutsu Post With Others

Totoma had been more forthcoming with a complete and utter stranger with the truth then he had been with her. Karine wasn't blind to his inner demons but some of these things he mentioned were things she suspected on some level but didn't have a hard confirmation until today. Why he felt more comfortable with that could very well be any number of reasons but she highly suspected he didn't want to throw more on her. When his mother had passed away, it had been a battle just to get them out of bed and in school. Even with her and her mother's help she was still unsure how they managed to pass; homeschooling and being a bit ahead of the curve may have had a fair deal of things however.

And by stepping back, this happened.

If she hadn't, this conversation may not have happened, or at least not in the same way Totoma had apparently needed.

Karine was silent, a pensive air about her before she answered. "In layman's terms, sticks and bones." She didn't entirely agree. Words from the right person and with the crafted skill could break or uplift a person. In a sense facing physical trauma was easier then the maze and agony that was mental and emotional: her friend Totoma was a testament to that fact. "It wasn't your intention, but you..gave me some things to think about. Though I suppose life giving you what you need, not what you want."

She snorted. "I found that saying ridiculous growing up. It seemed a nicer way of saying we were pawns in a greater cosmic game with no agency; the 'need' always changing."
    Totoma was interrupted by... Karine? Had she been listening the entire time to him being so... so candid with Ochazuke? Awkward.

He glanced over at Karine, briefly catching her gaze, and, without warning or apparent reason, his face became flush with warmth and his heart skipped a beat.

...the heck?!

He nervously looked in the other direction until the warmth faded and his composure returned.

What... was that?

Obviously embarrassment at the possibility of being overheard. He'd told Ochazuke a number of things he'd never told her, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Still during their exchange, after what seemed to be a long breathless moment, Karine made her presence at Totoma's side known to him, presenting a certain warmth in spite of her unnatural countenance.

The confidence of camaraderie; no, it was plain in her softening speech, a disarming manner. If she could guard him from the world, she would.

"Pithy. But...I will rephrase."

Even if it meant chasing away the truth.

"Understand the obvious. Accept that as part of you. Confront it and decide," he nearly seethed in emphasis, "who you are."
    Ah. That.

With the clarification, things became that much more clear of what he was likely getting at. However, it did raise some..uncomfortable thoughts she had wrestled with for some time. The Karine people regularly interacted was indeed real, but so was the darker side. Everyone had a bit of light and darkness in them though Karine was kinda shying away from the later the best she could, though not as well as she would have hoped. Most her kind growing up struggled with it, before finding peace with both halves.

Unfortunately, she hadn't entirely conquered hers granted she suspected it was the trauma and fear that had thrown her off balance since the last incident.

She only felt that dark power fully just once in her life, and it terrified her. It had saved her family, but the fact she couldn't even remember what happened during the process, the callteral damage it caused. That same damage could of easily been the people she wanted to protect. What use was power without control? It would be no different then handing a child a loaded gun and telling them to have at it. All said, loathe as she was to admit it, they had a point.

Either she learned to control and accept it, or perhaps one day it would end up burning those she considered precious.

But she didn't want to face it, not yet. She didn't feel strong enough to, but Totoma had taken a chance so perhaps it would be her turn to?

And..its not like I have to face it alone...

"..There is merit in what you say." Karine said quietly. "Either I accept and learn to control it, or it'll controls me and endanger those I'm trying to protect. There can only be one master in the house." She shifted, a bit uncomfortable. "..I think I taken enough of your time. I have a lot to think about, excuse me."

Running away from it was easy and comfortable. Facing it would be another animal, even if she still partially wanted to drag her feet to it.

(Figure that be a good natural end point to it)
    Totoma listened closely to what the two spoke of, saying not a word. He suspected that all this talk about controlling... something. Her power, perhaps?

No, something related, but deeper than that. Hm.

She brushed past him as she left, and he turned to watch her depart. His gaze softened a bit, though it lingered on her retreating form perhaps a bit longer than was proper, before he turned his attention back to Ochazuke.

"Hm. Well, I've taken up enough of your time, Mister Ochazuke," said Totoma, bowing slightly. "We should spar later, when my schedule for that stuff isn't so packed."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The officer seemed to shimmer, than there was suddenly two of them, back to back. The new one, sold and real but without a sword, palm blocks the kidney blow and grabs the hand. Jerking Sarada forward, she knees the Saiyan hard in the stomach, hard enough even to cause her to spit up blood. A second blow sends Sarada flying backwards, gasping for air.

The main Miras puts her hands up and blocks Totoma's kick downward. Her wrist turns, grabs his ankle, and then slams him bodily into the ground twice before tosses him away.
    Multiform technique or something very close to it, Slak thinks as he jumps away from their foe. He wonders if it has the same limitations. Either way, it should not matter. Their foe is much stronger than them after all.

Slak decides to hang back as the rest rush in, and rush in they do. With sound, fury, and something very kind people would call cooperation. In spite of it all, they seem to be doing well, gaining ground with every move.

Then the inevitable happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    There mere thought made his heartrate quicken and a terrible rage boil up within him, which he just barely suppressed.

"HEALER. NOW." It wasn't a request, but a command, and it came out as a bellow.

He stood up and faced the epicenter, his breathing ragged, thoughts barely coherent and rational, and his fists so tightly clenched that droplets of blood wormed their way between his fingers and fell to the floor.

"Who."

One or two words was all he could manage through his intensifying rage at this point.

Those with scouters and the ability to sense power would notice that his ki had spiked, and was rising at a steady pace.
    An angry Saiyan. No, Slak corrects himself. A furious one. It is the last thing they need right now. It is the last thing anyone ever needs. His rage is increasing his power. He could lash out at any moment, and Slak would rather not go anywhere near that, but Karine needs help and she is one of the few pleasant people he had talked with so far.

"Calm yourself, Saiyan. I'll heal her," Slak says as he kneels down next to Karine and begins healing her. It is a ridiculous request, he knows. Saiyan don't do calm. "Or at least aim your rage at a proper target. Our foe is one right now. Everything else can wait until after this is over."

And he really hopes the Saiyan will have calmed down by then.
    Last edited by Hazard; 02-08-2018 at 06:47 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Hmmm. Maybe her clone techbsucks enough energy she cannot do the barrier. Hey everyone. Step back!”

: As he flew above the Mira’s as he gestures again. His second construct of the evening. As yesterday he built up reserves. This time the very air Mira’s breathes and surrounding area ignited akin to a thermobiatic Bomb.:

“ Vig Bomb!!!”

Cue massive heat explosion that leaves a bit of a mushroom cloud in wake with dust. Size of a large house at most. Cannot do that again, damn.:
    In the haze of battle, there was very little that could penetrate a Saiyan's bloodlust. Once combat began, Sarada couldn't, wouldn't stop until the battle had concluded. Cries for help, battle plans, and the like were disregarded as things better taken care of by everyone else. As she closed in on Mira, she could taste that the battle was drawing to an end.

Then, she didn't so much hear it, but felt it. The air changed. It became hotter. Intensely hot, like the gust of superheated air she felt when she opened an oven for the first time after heating food. Then, as her senses gradually peeled away from the battle and focused on the world around her, she heard it. An ashen hiss, like a match igniting in the cool air.

"FUCK!!"

It was a replay of yesterday. Just a few hours ago, she witnessed Charco nearly blow half the team away in an egregious -- and hilarious -- display of tunnel vision. She recalled her very self celebrating that display, even congratulating Charco. She even vaguely recalled telling him not to worry about it, but to display more caution. Maybe that last part didn't happen, but it was hard to remember in the epicenter of a thermobaric attack. Attacks not used when allies were anywhere close to the general vicinity of the attack.

That... was not the reaction she was going to have when she eventually woke back up.

She had no time to react any further before being engulfed in a column of incendiary debris. Superheated dust and concrete kicked up and pelted against her skin, leaving no portion of her body unaffected. She wasn't sure if her armor would protect from more serious harm; she leaned toward no, but she had been surprised by less.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Perhaps, Miras thought, as she watched the chaos enclose her, Pants was right after all.

The explosion would have been enough, combined with other energies, to sunder the automaton she resided in. However, Ishtar's protection and several people's own quick thinking/own shields hold up, and when the dust settles, while some like Karine are battered a bit, all are alive, conscious, and whole. In fact, thanks to Ishtar mostly, those in the blast range are better off than those caught in Zaofan and Charco's Dueltech yesterday.

When the last of the dust settles, a crater has formed in the area Miras had stood. Nether her or her clone are present, and in fact, appeared to have been disintegrated.

After a long minute of silence, people getting healed up, another silvery robot walks up to the arena again and slowly morphs back into Miras' form. She looks around at them and whistles, nodding.

"Well, not my favored tactic, though effective. Sacrificing some against a stronger opponent to win is....not going to garner you any friends, that's for sure. I'm not overly happy with the move, Chou, but your blast did beat my host body, so there is that. Ishtar, wonderful use of your power, strengthening everyone."

She looks them all up and down, gaze lingering on Sasheem and Held for a moment, before speaking again.

"Battle Intelligence. Situational Awareness. These are key when fighting with a large group. If you aren't ready to sacrifice as much meat to the grinder as possible, you all need to learn to sense the battlefield around you better, like several of you were."
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Perhaps, Miras thought, as she watched the chaos enclose her, Pants was right after all.

The explosion would have been enough, combined with other energies, to sunder the automaton she resided in. However, Ishtar's protection and several people's own quick thinking/own shields hold up, and when the dust settles, while some like Karine are battered a bit, all are alive, conscious, and whole. In fact, thanks to Ishtar mostly, those in the blast range are better off than those caught in Zaofan and Charco's Dueltech yesterday.

When the last of the dust settles, a crater has formed in the area Miras had stood. Nether her or her clone are present, and in fact, appeared to have been disintegrated.

After a long minute of silence, people getting healed up, another silvery robot walks up to the arena again and slowly morphs back into Miras' form. She looks around at them and whistles, nodding.

"Well, not my favored tactic, though effective. Sacrificing some against a stronger opponent to win is....not going to garner you any friends, that's for sure. I'm not overly happy with the move, Chou, but your blast did beat my host body, so there is that. Ishtar, wonderful use of your power, strengthening everyone."

She looks them all up and down, gaze lingering on Sasheem and Held for a moment, before speaking again.

"Battle Intelligence. Situational Awareness. These are key when fighting with a large group. If you aren't ready to sacrifice as much meat to the grinder as possible, you all need to learn to sense the battlefield around you better, like several of you were."
    "At best.." Meagan looked hard at Miras, "This little exercise weeds those who act on impulse, those who act without thought and those who don't. At worst, it proves that to take out a powerful enemy, sacrifices might need to be made. It woudl take more than one lesson find a balance that could make this group into a team. So I guess now that you've had your fun playing with us you can go back to crusing through the Galaxy and enjoying the sights while other people suffer."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Multiform technique or something very close to it, Slak thinks as he jumps away from their foe. He wonders if it has the same limitations. Either way, it should not matter. Their foe is much stronger than them after all.

Slak decides to hang back as the rest rush in, and rush in they do. With sound, fury, and something very kind people would call cooperation. In spite of it all, they seem to be doing well, gaining ground with every move.

Then the inevitable happens.

An angry Saiyan. No, Slak corrects himself. A furious one. It is the last thing they need right now. It is the last thing anyone ever needs. His rage is increasing his power. He could lash out at any moment, and Slak would rather not go anywhere near that, but Karine needs help and she is one of the few pleasant people he had talked with so far.

"Calm yourself, Saiyan. I'll heal her," Slak says as he kneels down next to Karine and begins healing her. It is a ridiculous request, he knows. Saiyan don't do calm. "Or at least aim your rage at a proper target. Our foe is one right now. Everything else can wait until after this is over."

Calm!? How could he remain calm with his best friend having been caught up in that!?

Totoma turned to face the namek, his expression stony, but his breathing and posture--his entire mien--making the escalating rage all too apparent. His gaze drifted from the Namek, to Karine, and then to the Namek's hands, which were glowing. His expression softened, and those capable of such things would feel his power stabilize. After a moment, his rage began to subside and his power began decreasing back to its normal levels.

He crossed his arms and watched Slak work. After a lengthy silence, he finally spoke up.

"Thank you." He stood with his arms crossed, as if he were guarding an incomparably valuable treasure. And, to him, he... sort of was.

He began trying to calm himself, closing his eyes and taking deep breath. He'd always been protective of Karine, but that reaction he'd had from her just being knocked out... if she'd been more seriously injured or even killed, he probably would have lost it.

"I owe you one," he said, with the utmost seriousness. "She means more to me than my own life."

He felt a bit embarrassed to be admitting that out loud, and he was, shamefully, a bit glad she couldn't hear him say that, but it was the honest truth. "I'm... gonna go see if anyone else needs help."

He began walking towards the epicenter of the blast, looking for anyone that had gotten caught in it.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 02-08-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "At best.." Meagan looked hard at Miras, "This little exercise weeds those who act on impulse, those who act without thought and those who don't. At worst, it proves that to take out a powerful enemy, sacrifices might need to be made. It woudl take more than one lesson find a balance that could make this group into a team. So I guess now that you've had your fun playing with us you can go back to crusing through the Galaxy and enjoying the sights while other people suffer."
    Miras’ eyes harden.

“Little girl, do you know how many Galactic Officers there are? How big the galaxy is? What lives in it? We do our best, child, but we can’t help everyone and we cannot interfere where we have no jurisdiction.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    In the haze of battle, there was very little that could penetrate a Saiyan's bloodlust. Once combat began, Sarada couldn't, wouldn't stop until the battle had concluded. Cries for help, battle plans, and the like were disregarded as things better taken care of by everyone else. As she closed in on Mira, she could taste that the battle was drawing to an end.

Then, she didn't so much hear it, but felt it. The air changed. It became hotter. Intensely hot, like the gust of superheated air she felt when she opened an oven for the first time after heating food. Then, as her senses gradually peeled away from the battle and focused on the world around her, she heard it. An ashen hiss, like a match igniting in the cool air.

"FUCK!!"

It was a replay of yesterday. Just a few hours ago, she witnessed Charco nearly blow half the team away in an egregious -- and hilarious -- display of tunnel vision. She recalled her very self celebrating that display, even congratulating Charco. She even vaguely recalled telling him not to worry about it, but to display more caution. Maybe that last part didn't happen, but it was hard to remember in the epicenter of a thermobaric attack. Attacks not used when allies were anywhere close to the general vicinity of the attack.

That... was not the reaction she was going to have when she eventually woke back up.

She had no time to react any further before being engulfed in a column of incendiary debris. Superheated dust and concrete kicked up and pelted against her skin, leaving no portion of her body unaffected. She wasn't sure if her armor would protect from more serious harm; she leaned toward no, but she had been surprised by less.
    Jack tapped Sarada with the toe of his boot, "Hey, girl, you okay?" he asked after a moment, "You need some juice or something?" Honestly, she looked a bit better than he had yesterday, or Totoma for that matter. Two friendly fire episodes in as many days. In a real battle this kind of behavior was going to cost lives. Probably his, which was...eh...but the rest of the group did not deserve this.

Except the Toilet. Why was the Toilet unscathed? They should really kill the Toilet.

Jack sat down next to Sarada, "Looks like you did not have any better luck then me huh? I could not seem to touch Miras, nothing I did worked, and by the time I prepared the only thing I know that might have done anything it was too late. And apparently this is only some of her power." Everybody just keeps upping the ante.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack tapped Sarada with the toe of his boot, "Hey, girl, you okay?" he asked after a moment, "You need some juice or something?" Honestly, she looked a bit better than he had yesterday, or Totoma for that matter. Two friendly fire episodes in as many days. In a real battle this kind of behavior was going to cost lives. Probably his, which was...eh...but the rest of the group did not deserve this.

Except the Toilet. Why was the Toilet unscathed? They should really kill the Toilet.

Jack sat down next to Sarada, "Looks like you did not have any better luck then me huh? I could not seem to touch Miras, nothing I did worked, and by the time I prepared the only thing I know that might have done anything it was too late. And apparently this is only some of her power." Everybody just keeps upping the ante.
    Totoma approached Jack from behind, having gone to see if anyone else needed help. Seems Sarada had gotten caught in the blast. Should have known.

"...she alive?" he asked, stopping next to the sitting man.

Probably was. Saiyans were hard to kill, especially just from a single explosion, no matter how violent and unexpected. She'd probably pull ahead of him after she recovered, but it didn't really matter to him right now.

Miras’ eyes harden.

“Little girl, do you know how many Galactic Officers there are? How big the galaxy is? What lives in it? We do our best, child, but we can’t help everyone and we cannot interfere where we have no jurisdiction.”
    "Yeah, that's what he said as he and his partner walked away laughing at the kid who dared ask for help. At least I found someone who was willing to help, and soon I'll be even more powerful than you and won't need to come to people like you for help." Meagan, obviously trying to control her anger, turned her back on the Officer and walked over to the others to check on their injuries.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-08-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Calm!? How could he remain calm with his best friend having been caught up in that!?

Totoma turned to face the namek, his expression stony, but his breathing and posture--his entire mien--making the escalating rage all too apparent. His gaze drifted from the Namek, to Karine, and then to the Namek's hands, which were glowing. His expression softened, and those capable of such things would feel his power stabilize. After a moment, his rage began to subside and his power began decreasing back to its normal levels.

He crossed his arms and watched Slak work. After a lengthy silence, he finally spoke up.

"Thank you." He stood with his arms crossed, as if he were guarding an incomparably valuable treasure. And, to him, he... sort of was.

He began trying to calm himself, closing his eyes and taking deep breath. He'd always been protective of Karine, but that reaction he'd had from her just being knocked out... if she'd been more seriously injured or even killed, he probably would have lost it.

"I owe you one," he said, with the utmost seriousness. "She means more to me than my own life."

He felt a bit embarrassed to be admitting that out loud, and he was, shamefully, a bit glad she couldn't hear him say that, but it was the honest truth. "I'm... gonna go see if anyone else needs help."

He began walking towards the epicenter of the blast, looking for anyone that had gotten caught in it.
    For a moment, he fears the Saiyan will strike him in rage. The moment passes. The Saiyan manages to hold his anger, a good thing since the exercise seems to end soon after. Slak manages to finish healing Karine in peace.

The Saiyan speaks, and Slak is inclined to believe him. The way he behaves speaks volumes. A Saiyan who cares for something. Slak smiles.

It is surprising, curious, yet far from unwelcome.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Totoma approached Jack from behind, having gone to see if anyone else needed help. Seems Sarada had gotten caught in the blast. Should have known.

"...she alive?" he asked, stopping next to the sitting man.

Probably was. Saiyans were hard to kill, especially just from a single explosion, no matter how violent and unexpected. She'd probably pull ahead of him after she recovered, but it didn't really matter to him right now.
    Jack nodded, "Yeah, she's alive...stunned...somewhere between conscious and unconscious, she should be fine," He gestured towards Karine with his head as he lit a cigarette. "Go ahead and look after your friend first I'll make sure Sarada's alright, and take her to a tank if she needs it."

Jack sighed, "This shit happens out in the field, someone is gonna die," it was not an accusation, or a call to punishment, it was just a fact. Someone was going to die if they kept this up.

"Remember, you still owe me a fight today."

Incredible Member

And she does so, the barrier shattering and sending Miras staggering forward, her hands finishing their motions just in time as her second appears once more at her back, stance ready, facing Ishtar.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Hmmm. Maybe her clone techbsucks enough energy she cannot do the barrier. Hey everyone. Step back!”

: As he flew above the Mira’s as he gestures again. His second construct of the evening. As yesterday he built up reserves. This time the very air Mira’s breathes and surrounding area ignited akin to a thermobiatic Bomb.:

“ Vig Bomb!!!”

Cue massive heat explosion that leaves a bit of a mushroom cloud in wake with dust. Size of a large house at most. Cannot do that again, damn.:
    Just as Chuan was about to get back into the fight, he saw Chou drop the bomb. For a moment, a look of utter panic crossed his face before he turned tail and ran for his life, making it a few steps before he got caught in the outskirts of the blast. He was sent flying through the air, barely managing to get his bearings before he tumbled across the floor to try and dissipate as much of the impact as possible. When he stopped, he let out a groan of pain before he rolled over onto his back.

That hurt. At the very least, he wasn't going to be standing up immediately. What the hell was Chou thinking? Charco nuking a few of the party was bad enough, but Chuan had expected the others to learn from that mistake. Once could be forgiven, but twice was pushing even his patience.

No. No, it wasn't time to be selfish. Were the others okay?

The shield held, then expanded slightly seemingly to snuff out the energy that almost killed, or at least would have crippled her if it had connected.

Karine stumbled forward after, her energy entirely spent before she collapsed face first--uninjured but exhausted from using something past her limits and all at once.

Blissful unconsciousness felt better then it ever had been.
    "HEALER. NOW." It wasn't a request, but a command, and it came out as a bellow.

He stood up and faced the epicenter, his breathing ragged, thoughts barely coherent and rational, and his fists so tightly clenched that droplets of blood wormed their way between his fingers and fell to the floor.

"Who."

One or two words was all he could manage through his intensifying rage at this point.

Those with scouters and the ability to sense power would notice that his ki had spiked, and was rising at a steady pace.
    "Fuck."

Chuan didn't swear very often, but he wasn't in the mood to be polite right now. Dragging himself up to his feet, he limped over, each movement drawing a muffled groan as he clenched his teeth and focused on what had to be done. His friends were hurt. It didn't matter if he was making his own wounds worse, he had to help them however he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Chuan paused in his tracks, his worry placated by Slak's intervention. Only then did he recall that he hadn't figured out if his techniques would work properly on Karine. He let out a sharp breath, clutching his side as he closed his eyes.

That was bad. If the Namekian hadn't gotten there first, it was in the realm of possibility that his efforts could've ended up making things worse. Could he even look Totoma in the eyes, then? Doc Flan had always told him to make sure his intentions wouldn't produce the opposite effect, yet he forgot that in his fear of losing a friend. Right there, he had failed as a teammate and a healer. His shoulders slumped as he bit back his anger and his tears.

He knew he couldn't let this get him down, but he still couldn't manage his emotions as well as he wanted to. He tapped two points in his side and his neck, relieving the pain as his wounds started to heal slowly. It wouldn't do much for his mental state, but at least he had one less distraction clouding his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack nodded, "Yeah, she's alive...stunned...somewhere between conscious and unconscious, she should be fine," He gestured towards Karine with his head as he lit a cigarette. "Go ahead and look after your friend first I'll make sure Sarada's alright, and take her to a tank if she needs it."

Jack sighed, "This shit happens out in the field, someone is gonna die," it was not an accusation, or a call to punishment, it was just a fact. Someone was going to die if they kept this up.

"Remember, you still owe me a fight today."
    Meagan walked over, "Need help with Sarada? Anyone else injured?""
    Last edited by Tami; 02-08-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan walked over, "Need help with Sarada? Anyone else injured?""
    Jack was silent for a moment as he looked down at the Sarada, she did look pretty...out of it. Pretty out of it. That is what he meant.

"Uh...psh...hrm...naw," Jack said after a minute of thought, "If she wakes up and sees a bunch of people crowding around her she'll all 'Grrr my pride, grr!' I'll take her to a healing tank in a minute if she doesn't wake up."