Page 18 of 661 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Capital City First Bank:

With Sasheem holding it and bringing the ship down, Midori, Shiro,, and Slak easily deal with the guns and the engines. Slak even welds the doors shut so the five inside cannot get free. As Sasheem lowers the ship down, the local crowd erupt into cheers as the police arrive and start tending to the scene. Everything seems to have calmed down now, and the local cops start taking statements from you all and the civilians, while others start taking the robbers into custody. Kai, meanwhile, had watched the civilians and noticed, among the injured, one particular man with sunglasses looking displeased. The man started leaving the scene as the police arrive, grumbling something odd under his breath.
    Now there were even more people here! And they were in celebration. Sasheem hated each and every one of them. Although...they appeared grateful for the defeat of the machine users...maybe they'd give food as repayment.

It was unclear at the moment. Sasheem grumbled to himself and thought of what exactly he should think of all this, sinking into his toilet and letting the lid close shut.

Probably best to do nothing for now. Too many people. Some had ki. Though oddly the strong pair of girls that had fought the machine users had none that Sasheem could sense.

Still....none of that changed the fact that he really wanted that waffle.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Now there were even more people here! And they were in celebration. Sasheem hated each and every one of them. Although...they appeared grateful for the defeat of the machine users...maybe they'd give food as repayment.

It was unclear at the moment. Sasheem grumbled to himself and thought of what exactly he should think of all this, sinking into his toilet and letting the lid close shut.

Probably best to do nothing for now. Too many people. Some had ki. Though oddly the strong pair of girls that had fought the machine users had none that Sasheem could sense.

Still....none of that changed the fact that he really wanted that waffle.
    Looking to where Shiro was helping the injured and not seeing her needing any help, Midori instead walked over to Sasheem's toilet. Staring at it curiously for a few moments, Midori reached out and cautiously knocked on the lid.

"Hello Mr. Toilet Goblin, can you talk to me?" Midori asked, feeling a little odd talking to a toilet trying to get its inhabitant to talk to her.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "A Space Duck, here ?" Ishtar exclaimed curiously. They were rare, even in space. To find one here, in Dusk City, was no mere coincidence. Upon poking her head outside, however, she was both more surprised- and slightly disappointed. It was instead an .. Insectoid. So, what the humans would call an "Offworlder". He was being attacked by the ducks that had been nesting and bathing on the lawn. Just from this, she doubted the Offworlder had anything to do with the disappearances. In fact, he seemed wholly unprepared to wage war on ducks. Stepping outside quickly, Ishtar scooped up the duck that had just bounced off of the fellow's face, and began soothing it.
    "Stupid azz birds! Why the - oh."

So distracted he was by the birds, that he barely noticed the blue woman arrive to save him. The woman with the lovely horns.

Now that he wasn't threatening to trample on any offspring, they seemed to have had enough. Besides, the birds were clearly the woman's pets, and as she soothed the one that had hit him square in the face, the rest of them started to waddle back to their end of the lawn. The biggest and meanest one eyed him as he made his way to the woman, as if to make sure he wasn't up to no good.

He turned his attention to his saviour, taking note of her emotions for the first time.

She seemed to carry an unusual degree of calmness. No fear that he could sense, just a mild curiosity mingled with...disappointment? Regarding him? Nah, couldn't be.

Then again, as far as first impressions went, he doubted he could get lucky this attractive alien after provoking her pets and having her rescue him. At least she didn't seem hostile. In fact, she seemed to be silently considering him as she petted her duck and eventually appeared to come to some kind of a conclusion before she spoke.

"The town is abandoned, save you, the ones inside, and these ducks ... though I see you have already met." The Oni said softly, as she smoothed over the feathers of her new- and quacking- friend. "It's likely not safe to be making noise out here, besides. So how about we head back inside, and we will all become acquainted yes?"
    "Yeah, well, you've sure trained theze thingz well. They're small but so fierce! They must be the apex predatorz among the birdz on this planet, huh?"

Then he processed the rest of what she said.

"Wait, the town is abandoned and unsafe? Do you still have traderz? I'm looking to trade."

He considered the invitation to go inside. It was quite suspicious, the way she claimed to be one of the only people in such a large settlement. However, she still wasn't giving off any vibes of hostility as far as he could tell and if a local said that a place was unsafe, it was generally good advice to listen.

Besides, he could always get out of the house if things went south.

"Hmm...sure, we can go inside and discuss the matter."

Quote Originally Posted by IGee View Post
    OOC: Not to skip your post, Sol, but being inside the house Ajna would miss the specifics.

Stepping through a doorway that was hung with beads lined with many feathers caused them to make a sort of chitttering clatter as the beads rustled against one another. Sidling up to a window to peek through, Ajna pulled aside the shades to see what was causing the commotion. Ducks are quacking out, man. It looked like there was another new arrival, but from what he could sense once Ajna reached out all he felt was. . Yep, totally embarrassed. It was sort of strange and muddied though, like hearing a foreign language that shared roots with your own. He got the gist, but it was a whopper of an "accent". Even putting aside what he could feel, Ishtar was engaging them and taking care of it, and though Ajna couldn't hear what was going on it looked cordial. Perhaps their strange appearance would have made him hesitate in the past, but neither was so dangerous feeling as that thing, whatever it had been, had felt.
    OOC: No worries.

Sensing a mixture of emotions, his head snapped ever so slightly to the side and he looked at a nearby window. A face was visible through it. He didn't sense hostility from it either, but there was definitely something...uncertainty perhaps?

"Ah. I think I may have scared your...", he wasn't sure what to call them. Companions? Family? "..scared the others inside. Despite appearancez, I don't usually barge into peoplez territoriez. So...eh, sorry I guezz. Shall we go inside?"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The snowy beast blurs upward in a powerful leap, avoiding all the attacks aimed at it. It falls and lands behind Jack and Ochazuke, swinging it's arms downard. Upon contacting the ground, a pressure and ki wave emanates from it i nall directions, blowing everyone off their feet.

Straightening up, the thing begins exhaling a frigid like breathe as ki begins gathering in its mouth.

Kai's enhanced hearing just picks up a few words. 'Diappointed. Failed. Next time'.

Meanwhile, the majin and android were attempting to communicate while Shiro healed a few people.

_________

Chou's water catches Willa by surprise, and for just a moment, her guard slips. Chuan has a perfect sneak attack opportunity, and Held's flying ki enhanced kick is on point, as she cannot dodge in time it appears. Zaofan, meanwhile, hears something like stone on wood. Looking nearby, he senses something coming up from the water.

_________

In Dusk city, Kabuto has just made contact with the rest of the Dusk Brigade. As Ishtar and he talk, Anja and Charco examine the house. However, it is the children who stiffen and turn, eyes fearful as they hear something from behind the house.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Looking to where Shiro was helping the injured and not seeing her needing any help, Midori instead walked over to Sasheem's toilet. Staring at it curiously for a few moments, Midori reached out and cautiously knocked on the lid.

"Hello Mr. Toilet Goblin, can you talk to me?" Midori asked, feeling a little odd talking to a toilet trying to get its inhabitant to talk to her.
    The toilet lid opened up slightly, a pair of black eyes with red irises glared back up at the one speaking. One of those girls. The ones with no ki. Was that just their natural strength? But what were the beams then. This was confusing.

"Bah..." came the disgruntled response from the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    "Yeah, well, you've sure trained theze thingz well. They're small but so fierce! They must be the apex predatorz among the birdz on this planet, huh?"

Then he processed the rest of what she said.

He considered the invitation to go inside. It was quite suspicious, the way she claimed to be one of the only people in such a large settlement. However, she still wasn't giving off any vibes of hostility as far as he could tell and if a local said that a place was unsafe, it was generally good advice to listen.

Besides, he could always get out of the house if things went south.

"Hmm...sure, we can go inside and discuss the matter."

"Wait, the town is abandoned and unsafe? Do you still have traderz? I'm looking to trade."
    "We have only just arrived ourselves, save the two children. The only ones remaining it would seem." Ishtar explained. "Trading wares in this place may ... be tricky." When the insectoid agreed to head inside to discuss the matter, she nodded then, and still holding the duck; gestured for him to head inside."

Sensing a mixture of emotions, his head snapped ever so slightly to the side and he looked at a nearby window. A face was visible through it. He didn't sense hostility from it either, but there was definitely something...uncertainty perhaps?

"Ah. I think I may have scared your...", he wasn't sure what to call them. Companions? Family? "..scared the others inside. Despite appearancez, I don't usually barge into peoplez territoriez. So...eh, sorry I guezz. Shall we go inside?"
    "We have only just come out of a ... scuffle. To say they are wary would be apt." Ishtar then explained. "A faceless apparition with a flute, that was stopped from trying to lure the children into what could only be assumed to be a similar fate as to the town's inhabitants." There was no sense in withholding the truth from the insect. Though it wasn't as if Ishtar could lie anyway. Such was the nature of her species, after all. Still, noting his apology for disturbing she flashed a small smile in his direction.

"Companions would be apt." The Oni said, noting his hesitance. "Our timelines converged on this town, for one reason or another; and now we are bound by similar purpose." Still cradling the duck- that seemed to be just fine as it was in her arms- Ishtar then stepped ahead of the newest addition to the temporary 'group'. "How about I lead the way, then?"

Not giving him a chance to respond though, she stepped inside.

"We have another guest. Please do not attack him." As if to emphasize the point, the duck in Ishtar's arms quacked loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    In Dusk city, Kabuto has just made contact with the rest of the Dusk Brigade. As Ishtar and he talk, Anja and Charco examine the house. However, it is the children who stiffen and turn, eyes fearful as they hear something from behind the house.
    Noting the appearance of the children as she enters the house, however. Ishtar motions for Kabuto to quickly enter.

"What is the matter young ones?" She asks quietly.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The snowy beast blurs upward in a powerful leap, avoiding all the attacks aimed at it. It falls and lands behind Jack and Ochazuke, swinging it's arms downard. Upon contacting the ground, a pressure and ki wave emanates from it i nall directions, blowing everyone off their feet.

Straightening up, the thing begins exhaling a frigid like breathe as ki begins gathering in its mouth.
    Jack is sent flying through the air before he can begin processing what had happen. He manages to twist enough to land in a three point stance. He looks up at the giant monster.

"Aw come on, what is this thing?" he yelled exasperated, "Big giant things ain't supposed to be quick too."

It's charging up some kind of big attack, I'd guess a beam, though I don't know for sure.

Seeing his allies were focusing on dealing with this Jack began to charge his own energy. Anyone who could sense energy would notice a huge spike in Jack's ki that seemed to be focused on his right arm.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 01-06-2018 at 05:46 PM.

The toilet lid opened up slightly, a pair of black eyes with red irises glared back up at the one speaking. One of those girls. The ones with no ki. Was that just their natural strength? But what were the beams then. This was confusing.

"Bah..." came the disgruntled response from the toilet.
    "I think I heard you say something about 'waffles' earlier. Do you want waffles Mr. Toilet Goblin?" Midori asked the pair of red-irised black eyes glaring at her. If the strange toilet-dwelling being wanted waffles, maybe offering to buy him some would give her the chance to ask and learn more about him and his strange existence.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The stranger stepped and started to walk toward them, seemingly perturbed that she managed to find him out behind his stellar hiding place of a tree. He was, well, she didn't know what he looked like, since he was covered in head to toe in thick clothing to protect himself from the cold. Smart, I suppose. For a weakling, anyway.

"Sure, the more the merrier." She may have loved a good fight all the time, but she wasn't stupid. A vital part of her training at the CTC was tactical fighting, that was to say how to fight smarter. It was smarter to fight stronger opponents in groups, rather than one on one. As much as she didn't want to, she had no choice.

Oh, one more thing. "We're out here to find some weak fools who got themselves captured," she added dismissively.

With a mighty... scream, the man dissipated part of the storm, thus revealing their next opponent. Twelve feet tall, with four arms, white fur, and horns curling back around its head. It was an ugly bastard, that was sure.

"Alright, let's dance, big man!" She yelled and sprinted full speed toward the monster. As she ran, she charged another Crimson Fist for when she got into range.

It was getting hard to breath. No, not harder. That was her body's natural reaction to how painful it had suddenly become to even take a breath. The air had gotten so cold, her lungs burned with each inhale. Fight through it. Pain is weakness leaving the body.
    He had no chance to respond before the Saiya-jin woman charged off to fight this... thing that had just appeared. He'd seen some weird **** in his travels, but a four-armed snow... ape... thing? Weird. Oh well.

At least their purposes weren't at odds. The Saiya-jin woman put it, as one would expect, dismissively, but they were indeed here to help Rose and the other missing people. Good.

What wasn't so good was the creature more or less brushing off everyone's attacks, jumping, and then sending out a shockwave when it landed, blowing everyone--himself included--off their feet. His clothing cushioned the impact of smacking into the ground somewhat, but it still knocked the wind out of him. The biting cold that the creature seemingly emanated didn't help either.

He shook his head and then caught the telltale feeling of ki being gathered. Aw crap.

He thrust out his hand and a glowing thread of ki lanced out, attaching itself to the back of the head. Within a split-second, he willed the ki-thread to contract, and, of course, it did, dragging him into the air towards the beast. As he'd shot the thread, he'd actually attached his feet to a portion of it, ensuring that he went flying towards the thing's head with feet first. In other words, a flying double-kick to the base of the skull.

Hopefully this works. It's focused on charging that attack, so...

Knowing him, he'd probably bounce off or something. Heh
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

"I think I heard you say something about 'waffles' earlier. Do you want waffles Mr. Toilet Goblin?" Midori asked the pair of red-irised black eyes glaring at her. If the strange toilet-dwelling being wanted waffles, maybe offering to buy him some would give her the chance to ask and learn more about him and his strange existence.
    Sasheem ermerged further out of the toilet, wondering if the ki-less girl truly had waffles. But first a correction. "Sasheem not...gob...lin!" he explained. Now to business. "Waf-fles?" He asked hopefully.

_________

Chou's water catches Willa by surprise, and for just a moment, her guard slips. Chuan has a perfect sneak attack opportunity, and Held's flying ki enhanced kick is on point, as she cannot dodge in time it appears. Zaofan, meanwhile, hears something like stone on wood. Looking nearby, he senses something coming up from the water.
    The Golem, Major Damask, returns, jumping over the rail of the deck, landing on the ship and completely drenched.

"Oh-ho-ho, stranger!" Zaofan smiled. "Stones cannot float! You must have jumped from the ocean floor straight to the vessel! So you *certainly* must be strong. But I won't let you trash the ship any further!

Zaofan took a fighting stance, while Damask remained still, silent, and unimpressed. Zaofan was growing impatient -- and he sprung into action!

Darting straight for the golem's chest, Zaofan delivered a mighty palm strike with thunderous impact, though the golem remained unmoved. Zaofan looked worried, and unleashed a dozen rapidfire punches, pushing Damask back only a few inches. Damask responded with a mighty swing, forcing Zaofan to duck and backflip away.

Zaofan tried to show a cocky smile, but he wasn't that great of a liar. "Strong, and tough. You could be --"

Damask rammed him like a rhino. His giant size and stone body could never indicate his speed. Zao was caught by surprise, and took the brunt of the attack, getting knocked into a cabin. Standing up from the debris and shaking his head of any dizziness, Zaofan picked up his staff. "Aren't we full of talents?"

Zaofan and Damask charged each other. Zaofan's flesh wasn't much of a match against Damask's stone fists, but thankfully his katchin bo staff was. Zaofan used the staff to block and parry each of the golem's lighting fast punches, but just barely. Damask pulled his right fist far back, ready to deliver a powerful heavy punch, but his fist met air as Zaofan used the zanzoken to disappear, only to reappear a good twenty feet behind him.

Zaofan had a few beads of sweat, and his breathing became heavier. But Damask showed no real signs of fatigue whatsoever. By any educated guess, Zaofan would estimate that his foe was at least twice as powerful, and maybe more. But the other strangers he encountered were currently occupied. He was on his own, but he wouldn't go down without a fight. He raised his Bojack to a fighting stance. "Come on. I expect my opponents to be made of sterner stuff."

Fantastic Member

Koorimaru grunted as he felt his footing loosen. Even as comfortable a distance away from the central conflict, the creature's forceful tremors could be felt.

Dusting snow off as he regained his footing, Koorimaru raised an eye as ki particles begun flowing into the mouth of the beast.

His mind turned to a memory just a few moments past, of two beams of ki colliding to mix into a forceful explosion of colour.

Perhaps he'd been lucky that the nature of the other ki blast had been so similar to his own, but who was to say that the effects wouldn't be similar this time round.

And if it goes off in the monster's mouth....

Reality shimmered before the creature's maw, and at the peak of the creature's charge, Koorimaru let fire a Death Beam towards its mouth.

Sasheem ermerged further out of the toilet, wondering if the ki-less girl truly had waffles. But first a correction. "Sasheem not...gob...lin!" he explained. Now to business. "Waf-fles?" He asked hopefully.
    So he was named Sasheem, and wasn't a goblin. Midori smiled at already learning something about the mysterious creature that resided in a toilet.

"Of course. I'm pretty sure I saw a nice diner nearby, and I can buy some waffles for you." Midori said with a smile, jerking her thumb to one side as she spoke.
    - C.S. Lewis

Chou limps over to Pantloon guy. “ We gotta leave, like now. I can only do that water trick once in a good while.” As he then tosses a capsules, cue hover car.: “ Get up faster tonyours. Can cross water but slow. No shape, to drive.”

So he was named Sasheem, and wasn't a goblin. Midori smiled at already learning something about the mysterious creature that resided in a toilet.

"Of course. I'm pretty sure I saw a nice diner nearby, and I can buy some waffles for you." Midori said with a smile, jerking her thumb to one side as she spoke.
    Hmm. A sort of a deal, then? Sasheem was used to making deals with humans...not that he was entirely sure this girl was human. Usually those involved food or money in exchange for the extermination of one of their rivals.

Sasheem wasn't sure his current power was enough to exterminate anyone, which saddened him greatly, but he wouldn't let this girl know this. Now what was she offering? To take him to a diner? What is that? It sounded incredibly similar to dinner and if it involved waffles, then it was definitely a good thing.

"Waf-fles..." Sasheem nodded at the odd ki-less girl.