Page 224 of 661 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274324 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi smiles at Megan.

“You look quite dashing, miss. I’m glad it fits.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jinzi smiles at Megan.

“You look quite dashing, miss. I’m glad it fits.”
    "Thanks." this time Meagan actually does blush, the smiles, "You do know this armor came from the main character of a children's cartoon, right?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Don't worry, the cape can take care of its' self. If you want proof, just try and grab me." Meagan smiled mishceviously, then turned her back on Totoma.
    Well, was worth it to see what sort of tricks his... allies... had up there sleeves, so...

Totoma walked over the Meagan and reach for the cape. He wasn't entirely sure what would happen, but he was expecting to be entangled by it or... something. Whatever it was, the girl seemed confident it would prevent people from using the cape against her.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Well, was worth it to see what sort of tricks his... allies... had up there sleeves, so...

Totoma walked over the Meagan and reach for the cape. He wasn't entirely sure what would happen, but he was expecting to be entangled by it or... something. Whatever it was, the girl seemed confident it would prevent people from using the cape against her.
    As he grabbed the cape, it separated from her shoulders and shot straight up into the air. As it did, it dragged Totoma several inches off the ground, just enough for his feet to dangle in the air. Turning to look at him, "It can do more than that, but maybe it would be best to just let it go."

Walking over to an area away from the others, Meagan finally opens the capsule and in a puff out comes an outfit, armor actually. She picked it up and looked it over, then a wry smile was quickly followed by a laugh. Speaking outloud, "I thought I recognized it." She shook her head and laughed again, "It was sweet of him to make the effort, but this isn't Chromakai armor."

Thinking for a moment, "Now what was her name... Astra the Star Warrior, that's it!."

After a moment's thought, "Well, knowing Mr. Pantaloon, it might actually work." She then found a private place to change and came out wearing the armor, her cloak on her back.

Walking over the others, she asked, "Well, how do I look?"

Attachment 62000
    Midori stared at Meagan, stars shining in her eyes as she said "Shiro, I need a cape."

"Whatever for?" Shiro asked, and Midori smiled as she said "Because great heroes of justice wear capes, so to be a great hero of justice I need a cape."

"But what if it gets caught on a missile fin? Or a jet turbine? Or an express elevator? Or snagged on takeoff? Or sucked into a vortex?" Shiro asked, and Midori shrugged as she said "I'll make sure its one that's quick to take off if necessary. Maybe have it held on by Velcro or something."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

As he grabbed the cape, it separated from her shoulders and shot straight up into the air. As it did, it dragged Totoma several inches off the ground, just enough for his feet to dangle in the air. Turning to look at him, "It can do more than that, but maybe it would be best to just let it go."
    "Ah, so you can control it... or it just has a mind of its own," he said, grinning. It could definitely entangle someone, then... among other things. Useful, though hopefully the material was strong enough to withstand someone with superhuman strength trying to get free. He assumed that was the case, or otherwise the girl wouldn't be quite so confident. "Not bad, not bad. Seems I was concerned over nothing.

He let go and dropped to the floor. "Say, I recall you flying when we were meeting up with the plane crew. D'ya think ya could give me a close-up demonstration right now? I, er... am a bit rusty with that technique, so I'd like to see it up close and personal so I can refresh my memory."

He didn't need a full lesson, given that he technically already knew the technique. He was a Saiyan, after all, and he could pick up new techniques very easily, let alone ones he was 'just' rusty with.

"Ah, so you can control it... or it just has a mind of its own," he said, grinning. It could definitely entangle someone, then... among other things. Useful, though hopefully the material was strong enough to withstand someone with superhuman strength trying to get free. He assumed that was the case, or otherwise the girl wouldn't be quite so confident. "Not bad, not bad. Seems I was concerned over nothing.
    "A little of both." Meagan smiled as the cape returned to it's place on her shoulders...

He let go and dropped to the floor. "Say, I recall you flying when we were meeting up with the plane crew. D'ya think ya could give me a close-up demonstration right now? I, er... am a bit rusty with that technique, so I'd like to see it up close and personal so I can refresh my memory."

He didn't need a full lesson, given that he technically already knew the technique. He was a Saiyan, after all, and he could pick up new techniques very easily, let alone ones he was 'just' rusty with.
    "You have the Ki, you have the aura, all you need is the control." Meagan then fired up her aura, a rainbow of color and light which quickly faded until the aura was barely seen. She then levitated a few inches off the ground, then flew straight up, did mid-air flip, flew back down head first then glided onto her back, then upright into a standing position before gently landing back on the ground. "Using your Ki to push yourself off the ground is easy, using your Ki aura to control flight is where most people need practice. I figure you'll be chasing the wind within a day, maybe a lot sooner."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The cape suddenly began altering it's shape until a hood formed that came to rest on Meagan's head, now looking more like a cloak than a cape. Then it flew off her shoulders and settled back on, returning to a cape liek appearance. Nodding to Sarada, "Thank you." She then smiled, "You know, maybe when my Mentor returns for me, I might be willing to ask her if she could make another one like this. That is, you prove yourself to be strong enough, Sarada."
    "I'll pass," Sarada answered, crossing her arms. She glanced at Jack and spotted his new weighted jacket.

It looked n̶i̶c̶e̶ practical, good for training, even when doing the simplest most mundane things. She didn't smile and turned her attention elsewhere.

"You have the Ki, you have the aura, all you need is the control." Meagan then fired up her aura, a rainbow of color and light which quickly faded until the aura was barely seen. She then levitated a few inches off the ground, then flew straight up, did mid-air flip, flew back down head first then glided onto her back, then upright into a standing position before gently landing back on the ground. "Using your Ki to push yourself off the ground is easy, using your Ki aura to control flight is where most people need practice. I figure you'll be chasing the wind within a day, maybe a lot sooner."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 02-13-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I'll pass," Sarada answered, crossing her arms. She glanced at Jack and spotted his new weighted jacket.

It looked n̶i̶c̶e̶ practical, good for training, even when doing the simplest most mundane things. She didn't smile and turned her attention elsewhere.
    "How about flying?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"How about flying?"
    "I was listening in on what you told the... him." If Totoma could do it, then Sarada could and would master it in half the time. She was a purebred, after all. "I figure I can pick it up in less time than he can."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah had tried to create what was lost during the battle - not the hand, for which she had been conditionally forbidden, and which would have taken too much time anyway - but the relatively minor injuries along the arm. She had hoped to at least allow Ishtar to move better, unhindered by torn muscle tissue. It was not to be. Something strange had blocked Asha'rah's light, something almost familiar. Like looking into a mirror at a funhouse. Asha'rah had not noticed at the time, but she was sure of it now. She felt different, just a little, another part long dormant, now awake. Had she truly ripped that man's balls off by accident? Yes, yes but...she did not regret. In fact, she was surprisingly comfortable with the act, was even tempted to develop a technique for it.

When she had time to meditate, she would confront herself. Perhaps she could make peace herself, or at least accept it. She wouldn't know for sure until she tried.

For now though, it was a time of feasting and social exchange. And a time for Ishtar. She floated over and greeted her with a nod.

"When last we met, Ishtar, I tried to create what was lost upon your arm, if not your hand. I was rejected. Not by you, but by your body. It felt almost like an opposite to my light, almost familiar. Do you know what happened?"
    The machine. The Truth?

It might have meant more to Ishtar at another time, to muse about the possibilities contained within this machine; one who had traveled with her as the Oni had moved with singular intent. What she spoke of now was ... passing strange. She did not recall an attempt to assuage the flesh during the trek across the ruined floor of the GeoFront, simply the conversation with Nunlil and the painless loss of her arm in the other Oni's defense. And while she had been unsure of Asha'rah's purpose before, she had not believed the ... thing, capable of deceit for no other reason than to simply deceive. Yet ... there had been an opposition to the light this day.

Ishtar knew well what that meant.

The Oni appraised the expressionless mask that was Asha'rah's face a moment before nodding. She had not the desire to beat around the truth, avoiding the lies she was incapable of speaking. And what of it, if this one knew ? It mattered little in the end.

"Creation. Destruction. Opposites, truly. Yet and still they exist as two halves of the whole. You touched the truth of me, Asha'rah. At least the half of it." Though, if this ... machine manipulated the Truth itself it couldn't possibly be that she was simply an automaton. No, no.

"You are more than simply an automaton seeking purpose, Asha'rah. This much is known, now."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"A little of both." Meagan smiled as the cape returned to it's place on her shoulders...

Totoma reached out with with his ki senses to get a 'feel' for Meagan's ki as she demonstrated the flying technique. Hm, yeah, now he remembered. Should be pretty easy to do, having seen and felt it in action. He closed his eyes and began channeling his ki beneath him, to get airborn in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I was listening in on what you told the... him." If Totoma could do it, then Sarada could and would master it in half the time. She was a purebred, after all. "I figure I can pick it up in less time than he can."
    "Haha! Not as rusty as I thought!" exclaimed Totoma, who had managed to get airborn and, after a few bouts of trial and error, was flying about the room in a figure eight pattern. "Thanks, Meagan!"

He wasn't quit as graceful as Meagan or... really, himself ten years ago, but it really was like riding a bicycle. Didn't really take much to re-learn. He landed, a bit roughly, and placed his fists on his hips with a smug smile.

"Hehe, the genius prodigy, Totoma the Just Saiyan, cannot be held down by mere gravity, it would seem!"
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 02-13-2018 at 01:34 PM.

"How about flying?"
    Hearing that, Midori snapped out of awe of getting a cape and asked "Flying?! You can teach people how to fly? Can you teach us to fly?"

"I must admit, the thought of learning to fly is an intriguing and acceptable one." Shiro agreed.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Hearing that, Midori snapped out of awe of getting a cape and asked "Flying?! You can teach people how to fly? Can you teach us to fly?"

"I must admit, the thought of learning to fly is an intriguing and acceptable one." Shiro agreed.
    "I don't know." Meagan looked uncertain, "I mean you need to have Ki and a Ki Aura. If you have that, then it might be possible."

“ They Ave internal energy in them like us. So maybe they can focus it to learn like us.”

Note: Did Cleric ever say the freebies are still free just got to be schooled or what?