Page 233 of 661 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Totoma's fist drove into Jack shoulder, but immediately after, he would find Jack's arms wrapping around the offending limb, and legs warping around his torso in a traditional armbar, "Joker's Joint Lock!" Jack called out as the two of them fell to the ground.

"Hey...Totoma...what's a swimsuit?" Jack asked as he tried to force to other man into submission, "Don't people usually just swim in their underwear?" Jack suddenly imagined Sarada swimming out on some lake somewhere, in her underwear. Which wasn't hard considering she was largely exposed early at that day. Jack's grip loosened just a tad as the image passed through his mind.

Nice...
    "...seriously?! You've never heard of a swimsuit?!" Totoma exclaimed, partially out of surprise and partially because of the damned armbar. Man, he'd forgotten how much he hated grappling, even if it was the way to go in one-on-one.

Totoma rolled to his side, towards the trapped arm, and grabbed his wrist, to gain leverage and prevent Jack from pulling back any further. As he did this, he unfurled his tail and began to adhere threads to Jack in various places, all connected with each other... and then he commanded them all to contract, pulling Jack closer to Totoma to counter-act the armbar. Its work done, he wrapped his tail around his waist again.

It was times like these when I'm glad to have the thing. Now...

He grinned. "Heh. Thought so. You got a thing for her, right? Can't say I blame you. Second prettiest in the group, I'd say. By the way..."

He floated up and landed on his feet, with Jack still latched onto his slightly-bent arm. "...by the way, flying's pretty useful even for grappling, since ya can just pop right up like that. Though I suppose there's the issue of you still being latched on."

Guess I could hit him on something?

He sighed, lifted off the ground again, and flew, sideways and "standing" upright, towards the nearest wall. If Jack didn't let go, he'd receive... quite the nasty bump. Not a fatal one, of course, but it'd hurt like heck for a while.
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 02-14-2018 at 11:41 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“As to Kami, once we get to the Lookout and get you all settled, I intend to send a satellite to go over Anvil City. That’s where she was last. Try and find a trace of her and then track her down. Not leaving her in Fife’s hands.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Well said," he chuckled, "I see it's much the same on this world as it is among the stars. Desire strings us along, but it's never enough."

Desire. For strength? For approval? Right now, Ochazuke was caught up in the conversation to take in the surface absurdity that he was talking to an alien about these mortal matters.

"Fighting for the sake of another's dream, however, is something I cannot do. But neither can I be idle while lives are cast aside in the name of a fallen god."
    " I don't disagree." he adjusted the shards in his hand, the jagged edge of something making itself known on the flat surface of his palm, "I have my own interests, but if Kami wasn't being dramatic about your planet being destroyed..."

He frowned slightly, almost imperceptibly to all but the most astute of warriors.

"It's the sort of thing you lose taste for the first time it happens."

Even three years later, the sudden decimation of Agrippa still bothered him. The sheer destruction, the sheer randomness of it all. It was a loss on a scale that was beyond his ability. He had heard tales of such things, true. But it was hardly common in this day and age, at the very least. If he could help avoid such a tragic fate, and secure a return to his own home, he would be able to leave without regrets.

But to simply tuck tail and run, after lazing about for three years on this planet....It would have been more shameful than he could bare.

"I won't claim to know what Kami thinks that I of all people can do about it, but I can't overlook my debt to her...Or to your planet, I suppose."

"Heh. Are we all then staring into the sun waiting to die until heat or thirst take us?"

A morbid joke, but Held's thought expressed a peculiar sort of insight. Ochazuke imagined it might have been from experience.

"I'd prefer to find a way out. Kami, Pantaloon, have given us the means to the best of their ability."

What does an offworlder want with a blue planet? He'd not pursued violence like Sarada, nor did he seem at all fixated on these wishing baubles for what purpose Koorimaru craved. If he could have left, would he? Was being embroiled in this war the only thing that held him here, ransom to the promises of Kami?

"The pursuits of this Fallen God..." Ochazuke paused. Swallowing the words, he rephrased as if it would somehow diminish the power of the being in some way, "Fife...would be akin to the man who lashes together the bodies of his dead fellows and call the abominable construct a raft, and consider it no more. Divinity slipped through his fingers, it seems he would raze everything to the ground so long as he was the one standing on top. And he would call himself 'guardian'."

He sighed as he continued the darkened reverie, "You can feel it too, can't you? The weight of the Dragonball."

"....I'm still struggling with that bit." He admitted, his shoulders drooping slightly. It certainly had turned out to be much more of a burden than he would have thought when he had first fished it out of the ocean at the start of his journey.

"This is this first I've heard of this sort of legend, mystical balls that grant whatever you desire by simply possessing them."

It was an odd idea, to say the least. Had he even made mention of it on Nevada, it would have been dismissed as a tall-tale of backwards locals. He might have been laughed out of whatever room he had the gall to suggest it in.

"But...So many people seem willing to kill, and fight....."

Willia had dispatched an entire ship, with no thought to those onboard, Simon had placed his as a stake for a tournament. Kami--Fife, apparently--had brought out the darkness of one of Helds comrades, and had apparently used freedom as a chip to yoke one of Ishtar's kin into the battle.

He also thought about the invisible assailant who had been so crudely dispatched.

"..And die over them, that even as skeptical as I am, I can't gamble on the idea that it's just a myth that had gotten out of control."
    Last edited by Miburo; 02-14-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    "You neglect the wide disparity in strength between ourselves, even collectively, Kami and Fife. While it would a tremendous, even fatal, drain of energy on her part, the display of force she demonstrated only this morning is proof enough that we should not overestimate our ability to inconvenience her." Koorimaru retorted, "On the other hand, even if only through the aid of allies like your cousin, Fife is likely far more dangerous a foe than Kami. That he has been successful in his attempts to coerce all his allies, individuals whom none of us alone, even now, would be able to pose a challenge to, demonstrates that he is at a level of power we cannot take lightly.

"Even assuming the idiocy of our peers remains a constant for the remainder of our sojourn together, her chances of surviving us are greater than her chances of surviving Fife should he have reason to be rid of her. But, your suggestion that she be placed in more cautious hands has credit. Truth told, if we kept her around us, it would be less to secure her safety and more to make use of her strength to make sure we don't tear one another apart."
    Kami was but an echo of herself, and while her trembling in the cafeteria hall earlier had been more than most assembled; it was unlikely sustainable. He spoke of Fife and his allies. Those that had revealed themselves had been crushed, twisted, or pulled away from their master by a grouping of individuals as likely to injure themselves as another. The fallen Kami himself had been reticent to appear, likely knowing he had not the strength yet to fight them all, either. What Koorimaru spoke to, hinted at the truth of him.

Ishtar nodded.

"The display of force ? A whisper of what once was. Kami is an echo, stretched thin from pulling the weave of time and fate to assemble the unworthy." The golden-eyed Oni replied. "What is more. It is already known she would rather die than these trinkets. So long as we retain them- what Fife seeks- she will remain alive. Perhaps he will attempt to bargain .. but I feel that would fall on deaf ears."

There was a pause, before the Oni shook her head and turned away.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jinzi nods.

“Happy to help, Koorimaru.”
    "The sooner you replace my arm with that simulacrum; the sooner I can get used to losing a piece of myself." The Oni then replied to Mr. Pantaloon. "Whenever you wish to begin, I will comply."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    " I don't disagree." he adjusted the shards in his hand, the jagged edge of something making itself known on the flat surface of his palm, "I have my own interests, but if Kami wasn't being dramatic about your planet being destroyed..."

He frowned slightly, almost imperceptibly to all but the most astute of warriors.

"It's the sort of thing you lose taste for the first time it happens."

Even three years later, the sudden decimation of Agrippa still bothered him. The sheer destruction, the sheer randomness of it all. It was a loss on a scale that was beyond his ability. He had heard tales of such things, true. But it was hardly common in this day and age, at the very least. If he could help avoid such a tragic fate, and secure a return to his own home, he would be able to leave without regrets.

But to simply tuck tail and run, after lazing about for three years on this planet....It would have been more shameful than he could bare.

"I won't claim to know what Kami thinks that I of all people can do about it, but I can't overlook my debt to her...Or to your planet, I suppose."
    "Heh. I've stopped trying to ascertain the designs of woman in charge."

I've already tested her enough in Cask.

"The way things keep going, despite her best efforts to bring us together, it is puzzling to consider. As much as I try, I can't help but feel that her faith in us is misplaced." Ochazuke shook his head, "but faith is very unlike reason. "

It hadn't escaped his notice, the unspoken pain in Held's eyes. Even a vagabond from the skies deserves his secrets, he would not pry.

"A vision of the heart, separated by degrees of so-called godliness, may have removed her from empathizing with us on the surface. Or perhaps we don't deserve to be saved. Yet, here we remain."

"....I'm still struggling with that bit." He admitted, his shoulders drooping slightly. It certainly had turned out to be much more of a burden than he would have thought when he had first fished it out of the ocean at the start of his journey.

"This is this first I've heard of this sort of legend, mystical balls that grant whatever you desire by simply possessing them."

It was an odd idea, to say the least. Had he even made mention of it on Nevada, it would have been dismissed as a tall-tale of backwards locals. He might have been laughed out of whatever room he had the gall to suggest it in.

"But...So many people seem willing to kill, and fight....."

Willia had dispatched an entire ship, with no thought to those onboard, Simon had placed his as a stake for a tournament.

He thought about the invisible assailant who had been so crudely dispatched.

"..And die over them, that even as skeptical as I am, I can't gamble on the idea that it's just a myth that had gotten out of control."
    "With the rise of all these new threats, legends are beginning to find their footing in the world of reality every day," Ochazuke said, "Speculation may be our only salvation, our bedrock of sanity in these insane times. And yet, it remains. It is."

Seven orbs, three wishes. But as long as even one is contained apart, then what we hold cannot be used as a weapon for anybody's designs.

"I cannot imagine your reasons for being here, but my choices are my own. Let the darkness of the world stand as it shall. I will stand against it as a man of Earth."

Kami's faith was so far a belief in nothing. Far from relieving the Guardian of this fact, Ochazuke had no choice but assert himself against forces that would attempt to control him and others who could do less to defend themselves.

"But to find your way there in the darkness requires a fineness of vision. It is perception, not power, that will make all the difference."

OOC: in case this got lost

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke nodded in acknowledgment, and reciprocated, offering his name in turn.

Of course, the other day, the name 'Charco' was on the tip of the tongue of many who were caught up in the jaws of the boy's beastly technique. The less said about that the better.

"There was no trick to it. You know this well," he said, "A man must confront his darkness and assert himself."

Or falter and loose his ruin upon the world.

Standing he made his way over to where Charco was. Turning his head to the side, he looked him over appraising some unknown quality.

"I've disturbed your training, haven't I," he chuckled, "recreating old arts, that is a task that requires dedication."

Taking a few steps away, he thumbed his chin thoughtfully before turning around to face Charco.

"Show it to me once more."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Well, it’s meant to be hidden, so I’m not sure. But, a few clues Kami dropped when we spoke have given me an idea where it was last week. I’m tracking from that point outward. Should have some idea soon.”
    Sarada nodded.

“As to Kami, once we get to the Lookout and get you all settled, I intend to send a satellite to go over Anvil City. That’s where she was last. Try and find a trace of her and then track her down. Not leaving her in Fife’s hands.”
    Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    "You neglect the wide disparity in strength between ourselves, even collectively, Kami and Fife. While it would a tremendous, even fatal, drain of energy on her part, the display of force she demonstrated only this morning is proof enough that we should not overestimate our ability to inconvenience her." Koorimaru retorted, "On the other hand, even if only through the aid of allies like your cousin, Fife is likely far more dangerous a foe than Kami. That he has been successful in his attempts to coerce all his allies, individuals whom none of us alone, even now, would be able to pose a challenge to, demonstrates that he is at a level of power we cannot take lightly.

"Even assuming the idiocy of our peers remains a constant for the remainder of our sojourn together, her chances of surviving us are greater than her chances of surviving Fife should he have reason to be rid of her. But, your suggestion that she be placed in more cautious hands has credit. Truth told, if we kept her around us, it would be less to secure her safety and more to make use of her strength to make sure we don't tear one another apart."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Kami was but an echo of herself, and while her trembling in the cafeteria hall earlier had been more than most assembled; it was unlikely sustainable. He spoke of Fife and his allies. Those that had revealed themselves had been crushed, twisted, or pulled away from their master by a grouping of individuals as likely to injure themselves as another. The fallen Kami himself had been reticent to appear, likely knowing he had not the strength yet to fight them all, either. What Koorimaru spoke to, hinted at the truth of him.

Ishtar nodded.

"The display of force ? A whisper of what once was. Kami is an echo, stretched thin from pulling the weave of time and fate to assemble the unworthy." The golden-eyed Oni replied. "What is more. It is already known she would rather die than these trinkets. So long as we retain them- what Fife seeks- she will remain alive. Perhaps he will attempt to bargain .. but I feel that would fall on deaf ears."

Ishtar and the Arcosian, Koorimaru, continued their debate about the merits and necessity of keeping Kami in the care of the group as opposed to sending her away elsewhere. The former had its benefits -- if she was as strong as Koorimaru felt she was, her strength would be invaluable, both in combat and training -- but so did the latter, for reasons she already went over within herself.

Sarada looked at the Arcosian critically. She knew how treacherous his people were, and how they only acted if it benefited themselves. She couldn't help but wonder if his stance was born out of legitimate concern for Kami's well-being or if he only wanted to keep her alive so he could use the dragonballs for whatever reason.

His actions at Cask yesterday pointed to it being the latter. No one would go through theatrics that dramatic for an object -- or seven, in this case -- that they had no use for. Actually, they all -- even her -- had use of them, yet none of them were willing to lose a hand in a grappling match with a complete stranger for them minutes after hearing of them.

Her eyes remained on Koorimaru for a few moments longer before cutting elsewhere. His mask was impeccable. He hid his true intentions behind plummy, honeyed words. His kind couldn't be trust.

Never.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh.....I'm surprised she hasn't already eaten it or some such nonsense." Etrina waved dismissively. "But I'm pleased to hear she has been of use. Normally she would require near constant observation just to keep in check.....the impact of her antics is lowered considerably when everyone else is equal if not worse. You at least must have your head if you can handle her that easily."
    Asha'rah almost burst into a fit of laughter when Etrina imagined Erosa eating the Dragon Balls. Perhaps Asha'rah would let her know the truth before their conversation was over.

"I do not handle people," Asha'rah said gently, shaking her head, "but sometimes, I create relationships with them. I sought to understand Erosa, appreciate her for who she was. She reciprocated, and we were enriched tenfold for the doing."

She turned to watch Erosa spitting pizza with fond amusement, then returned her attention to Etrina.

"How did Erosa become your familiar?"

While everyone else were doing their own thing, Midori and Shiro decided to pass the time until Jinzi was able to see to them by trying to access their energy without launching themselves like rockets through the air.

"So... how do we do this?" Midori asked, and Shiro frowned in thought for a moment before answering "Well, I remember reading something about 'meditation' helping one to access their inner energy."

"You think that'd work?" Midori questioned, and Shiro replied "It couldn't hurt."

"Alright." Midori said, and took a seat on the ground and, after a few moments of effort, sat in the Padmasana with her hands face-up on her knees with her index and thumb pressed together with her fingers extended. Shiro followed suit moments later. Closing their eyes, they both began chanting a meditation mantra.

"Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law. Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law. Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law. Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law. Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law." the two chanted together, allowing their electronic minds to still and allow their energy to flow through them.

As they meditated, a layer of energy engulfed them, green for Midori and white for Shiro. However, unlike the earlier blazing fire of energy, this was calm and still, resting over them like a second skin. Soon they were so engrossed in their meditation they didn't notice when they began floating. It started with them barely off the ground, but with each passing moment they rose higher inch by inch, until soon they were floating three feet off the ground.

But still they chanted, eyes closed and shut off from the outside world, unaware of their floating.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "...seriously?! You've never heard of a swimsuit?!" Totoma exclaimed, partially out of surprise and partially because of the damned armbar. Man, he'd forgotten how much he hated grappling, even if it was the way to go in one-on-one.

Totoma rolled to his side, towards the trapped arm, and grabbed his wrist, to gain leverage and prevent Jack from pulling back any further. As he did this, he unfurled his tail and began to adhere threads to Jack in various places, all connected with each other... and then he commanded them all to contract, pulling Jack closer to Totoma to counter-act the armbar. Its work done, he wrapped his tail around his waist again.

It was times like these when I'm glad to have the thing. Now...

He grinned. "Heh. Thought so. You got a thing for her, right? Can't say I blame you. Second prettiest in the group, I'd say. By the way..."

He floated up and landed on his feet, with Jack still latched onto his slightly-bent arm. "...by the way, flying's pretty useful even for grappling, since ya can just pop right up like that. Though I suppose there's the issue of you still being latched on."

Guess I could hit him on something?

He sighed, lifted off the ground again, and flew, sideways and "standing" upright, towards the nearest wall. If Jack didn't let go, he'd receive... quite the nasty bump. Not a fatal one, of course, but it'd hurt like heck for a while.
    Second prettiest? Totoma was undoubtedly talking about Karine, his friend. Jack had to admit, the vampire was attractive, and kind and everything that a man should want, in theory. Yet, his mind kept going back to the firey eyed, storm of violence and pride, that was Sarada. That was the problem with danger, after everything Jack would think he would want to avoid it. Yet something about it drew him in like a moth to a flame.

What is it with Totoma and Karine?

"I might have a thing for her," Jack admitted. That wall was coming pretty fast, looked like it would hurt tons too, "I suppose she is the second prettiest..." Jack said as he spat the cigarette from his mouth. As the constant stream of nicotine was cut off Jack could feel his control of his ki wane as it started to immediately reinforce his bones, muscles, skin, organs, the works. He also found himself getting very, very grumpy.

"Can't really be having a thing for myself though, can I?" he asked before suddenly wrenching Totoma towards the wall so that they were both flying headlong towards it.

Retired Overlord

Karine allowed a slow small smile. "It is. Back when my people were in larger numbers it was actually the name of a few noble houses when nobility wasn't just a thing in history books. The name goes a bit back, but I can't recall all the details of it since a lot has been lost since then. I think I recall your family name, its from a family of mages if its one in the same, Perhaps we can exchange notes some time? Most of the other people around are Ki users and don't use any form of magic."
    "Oh, most certainly they were mages.....the Stoltengarde lineage stretches back several centuries. Though not so much now, times have changed a great deal it seems. If you asked someone about the name Stoltengarde now, they'll more likely to direct you to the children section of the local bookstore." Etrina tempered her tone as she spoke the last part, careful not the betray the sudden sickening feeling she had in her stomach. "My Mother was a mage of a different sort....she wrote poetry, short stories, children's books. It was only my father who maintained the old teachings...at present I am still his pupil."

Folding her hands, Etrina closed her eyes in thought. "....I'm sure an arrangement can be made for the sharing of ideas. But first answer me this.....You mentioned an age when your people were larger in number." Etrina opened her eyes, tilting her head in puzzlement. "Could you elaborate on this...."

Asha'rah almost burst into a fit of laughter when Etrina imagined Erosa eating the Dragon Balls. Perhaps Asha'rah would let her know the truth before their conversation was over.

"I do not handle people," Asha'rah said gently, shaking her head, "but sometimes, I create relationships with them. I sought to understand Erosa, appreciate her for who she was. She reciprocated, and we were enriched tenfold for the doing."

She turned to watch Erosa spitting pizza with fond amusement, then returned her attention to Etrina.

"How did Erosa become your familiar?"
    "The binding of a familiar is something of a rite of passage in my family. Under the proper conditions one may bind any number of things into ones service through a complex binding and animation ritual. My mother told me a great many tales of Stoltengarde mages binding the elemental and ethereal forces of the world to do their bidding. The Stoltengarde Scion, forerunner of my family, binded the concepts of time and space into their service....or so she said. It was, of course....my test to perform a binding of my very own."

It was at this point that Etrina pride in discussing her family started to fade. "...Typically...binding is performed in a series of steps. Formation of a concept, gathering of form and animation. I....wished to set my binding apart from my peers, as they had all had something that made their binding special. I used my mind as the concept.....the idea was that the familiar summoned would be a direct extension of myself. I formed a body capable of sustained form and imprinted the concept of my psyche into it and in theory that should of resolved the animation process with the need for additional imput."

"As you can see...." Etrina let out a sigh. "....it was successful in only the basic premise. Enough to be a familiar....but three times the clean-up. I'm not even sure how I failed to capture even a spark of my mentality in her."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oh, most certainly they were mages.....the Stoltengarde lineage stretches back several centuries. Though not so much now, times have changed a great deal it seems. If you asked someone about the name Stoltengarde now, they'll more likely to direct you to the children section of the local bookstore." Etrina tempered her tone as she spoke the last part, careful not the betray the sudden sickening feeling she had in her stomach. "My Mother was a mage of a different sort....she wrote poetry, short stories, children's books. It was only my father who maintained the old teachings...at present I am still his pupil."

Folding her hands, Etrina closed her eyes in thought. "....I'm sure an arrangement can be made for the sharing of ideas. But first answer me this.....You mentioned an age when your people were larger in number." Etrina opened her eyes, tilting her head in puzzlement. "Could you elaborate on this...."

"The binding of a familiar is something of a rite of passage in my family. Under the proper conditions one may bind any number of things into ones service through a complex binding and animation ritual. My mother told me a great many tales of Stoltengarde mages binding the elemental and ethereal forces of the world to do their bidding. The Stoltengarde Scion, forerunner of my family, binded the concepts of time and space into their service....or so she said. It was, of course....my test to perform a binding of my very own."

It was at this point that Etrina pride in discussing her family started to fade. "...Typically...binding is performed in a series of steps. Formation of a concept, gathering of form and animation. I....wished to set my binding apart from my peers, as they had all had something that made their binding special. I used my mind as the concept.....the idea was that the familiar summoned would be a direct extension of myself. I formed a body capable of sustained form and imprinted the concept of my psyche into it and in theory that should of resolved the animation process with the need for additional imput."

"As you can see...." Etrina let out a sigh. "....it was successful in only the basic premise. Enough to be a familiar....but three times the clean-up. I'm not even sure how I failed to capture even a spark of my mentality in her."
    Karine could somewhat sympathize with history becoming a bit more then fiction on the side of a book shelf, yet at the same time she felt a disconnect from it. A lot of the past had been forgotten with traditions lost but at the same time that was then and this was now in the present. Her own life and experiences were quite different from little they could piece together so while she mourned the lost of all that knowledge and potential, she accepted it for what it was in the present.

She thought of how best to answer the question before deciding an abridged version would suffice. "My kind, Nosferartu, used to be far more numerous centuries ago if not a bit older we can't quite track down an exact number. From what we know there was a large expansive empire, the Lior Empire for the specific name. Back then we were rather arrogant and didn't think much of the other races which wasn't helped by the fact of our raw power. Then seemingly without warning, it was gone. Civilizations crumbled around us and became little more then a bitter memory along with our number. In fact, we even got weaker at least far as base energy levels go."

"It's so strange and doesn't make any sense. Empires and other things crumbling is a thing as old as time, but they don't just..vanish. Not like that." Karine shook her head. "The common theory is someone was behind it, but we honestly can't even guess who or why. If someone was capable of doing that, then why not finish the job if that was their goal? Just more questions on a confusing puzzle."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Ishtar nodded.

"The sooner you replace my arm with that simulacrum; the sooner I can get used to losing a piece of myself." The Oni then replied to Mr. Pantaloon. "Whenever you wish to begin, I will comply."
    Jinzi nods and leaves with Ishtar. He guides her to a machine room towards the back of the cell area and asks her to sit down.

Ten minutes later, with a few grunts of pain and some tinkering, Jinzi connects the last component and Ishtar can now feel the artificial arm.

“It may take a bit to get used to, but you should adapt quickly. It’s a pale replacement, Ishtar, I know. I only hope it can serve you in some fashion.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

After attaching Ishtar’s arm, Jinzi taps a comm button on the wall in the machine room and addresses the geofront.

“We will be leaving in thirty minutes. Gather what you want, clean yourselves up, whatever you need to do, but we are heading out. The geofront isn’t safe anymore, so we are heading somewhere Old Kami cannot sense, see, or find. Meet me at the elevator than.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

: Hebwas dressed. Restocked his capsules with food, all weapons tucked into Royal Arms Hammer space and at the elevator. Not saying a word.: