Page 281 of 661 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    “Go ahead, be my guest.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    (consider this taking a bit before)

Karine tapped her chin thoughtfully, she didn't recall if Garnet was a guardian or not. It be something to ask. "I'm not honestly sure. Not much is known about Lady Garnet but some details here and there along with second hand accounts. She was a fairly private person, only coming to do what she felt needed to be done and then vanishing. I think, and its a common theory she didn't want that kind of fame and attention so she kept a low profile. I can respect that, since not all deeds need praise and spotlight. There are countless people everyday doing amazing things we'll never know about quietly working in the background. Though it could be another reason, we'll never know. As for my kind, I'm not surprised. The Nosferartu are a native earth race that's a evolutionary off branch of normal humanity, but we aren't as common as we used to be in the present day."

The gears in Karine's head shifted at the last part. "Umbrus Lord is a transformation of my race, the Nosferartu, have heard about but no one alive has ever seen it. Supposedly, when one reaches a high enough power and has the right emotional trigger it activates the transformation; but at a cost. Due to our nature if one doesn't have control over it, then it controls you. The power has to concede to your will and you can't falter or it consumes you from the inside. That's where a saying 'There can only be one master in one house' came from originally, I believe. The first Umbrus Lord was Empeor Aleron. He already was not the kindest person and it made it worse, so much so his own son slayed them in their sleep one day. Lady Garnet turned the opposite, using that power to protect this planet and its people."

"Its legend in my culture, so if they did exist its likely not completely the same in reality. Given that saying, I'm inclined to believe there was some more in our past history." Karine finished. "What about you Meagan? I have to confess I don't know much about your kind, but I always enjoy meeting new races to learn about their culture. You probably have other legends as well."

Karine almost didn't hear the last part due to what Totoma just announced in the open which caused a shock in her system. He..couldn't be serious? But everything was all clear for her to see.

She went towards him, gripping his shirt(even though she was short) "And what the hell do you think that's going to do to the people you leave behind?!" Karine rarely cursed unless she was extremely upset about sometihng or another. "You're life isn't just yours, you idiot! You can't just throw your life away!"

Karine released her grip, rubbing her eyes reigning in control of herself, she had wanted to slap him but had re framed that impulse of possibly making things worse. That said she had to have done something to shake him out of his funk. "What about all the talks about progressing and figuring things out? Was that all talk? Did those not mean anything?" She asked, but there was a subtle waver in her voice.
    (Present)

Meagan goes over to Karine, "Would you like to go exploring the Lookout with me? It could be interesting."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Ptui!" Sasheem spat from the tower. He wanted to see how far it would go before it disapped from sight. That was robbed from him courtesy if the wind. It simply seemed to scatter the spittle off into nothing befor either had the chance to even pierce a cloud.

Disappointing.

Well, it might be worth trying again. "Ptui!" Sasheem spat, his spit going a bit further this time....before the wind once again caught....wind of it and scattered it into nothing. This was stupid.

Sasheem supposed the winds up this high were just too much. Even if he wouldn't get to see the spit after a certain point, he could be satisfied with the fact thay it had to have hit....something! But the wind would carry it off no matter what it seemed.

Sasheem sighed, lying down, his chin resting in his palm. The winds were his greatest enemy bow and he couldn't go against them. Not unless he used a rock or a ki blast or...

...A ki blast?

A ki blast.

Thus lookout was a very spacious place....with secluded spots all around.

Yes....

Sasheem began to grin a very wide smile. His pupils dilated a bit.

"Heheh....." Sasheem chuckled as he flipped over to stare at the sky above him. "Hehheheh!!!" He chuckled overjoyed at his wonderful new idea.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Three hundred years...

As the Kamehameha wave completed its arc and faded to a point among the stars, Ochazuke sighed and wordlessly left the Guardian's chamber.

Returning to the outside and cast his view upon the fallen remains of the east wing of Kami's palace. Ancient stones of an age gone by greeted him.

One-on-one training with only three days left, how much time do you think we have?

And with a broken venue as well. Was it meant to be a reminder of what had come to pass on that fateful day centuries ago? Or were Kami's concerns with the expanse of fate the path to an ageless sloth?

As each day passes, more lives are extinguished. There's no time to waste.

With a sharp inhale, Ochazuke summoned the ki of his sense, casting it through the ancient rubble attempting to ascertain what was underneath. Wrapping his hands around a fallen column, he pulled it from its prone resting place and set it upright once more.

For training, right now, this would do.
    On the surface, in the ruins, he senses several rooms. On one side it seems to be storage, an intricate bath, and a room he cannot sense anything in but a vast expanse larger than possible. The room of Spirit and Time, presumably. The other side seems to house a ruined library, more dorms, and a room so full of peace and tranquility that it was nearly as shocking as the room of vastness.

Below the main rooms, in the bowl portion of the Lookout, he senses the Guardian judging room, a room that seems to be magically active, and another room he cannot sense anything in at all.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The Oni nodded once, her prosthetic arm glowing softly in the evening air. She was not sure what the young guardian had in store to teach her, but that mattered little, in the end.

"I am, begin as you will."
    Small balls of light lifted up from nowhere, illuminating the top of the lookout better as Kami smiles.

"Let us test your defenses."

She darts forward, impossibly quick, a finger jab heading towards Ishtar's chest.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Small balls of light lifted up from nowhere, illuminating the top of the lookout better as Kami smiles.

"Let us test your defenses."

She darts forward, impossibly quick, a finger jab heading towards Ishtar's chest.
    Ishtar went to nod, but before she could finish the woman was already shooting towards her with the intent to poke her. Strong as she was, the Oni was almost positive it would be a painful affair; and so exhaling Ishtar gave purpose to her chi. Spənta Armaiti. A moment before Kami's fingers impacted upon her chest, the Oni's body hardened resist them.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ishtar went to nod, but before she could finish the woman was already shooting towards her with the intent to poke her. Strong as she was, the Oni was almost positive it would be a painful affair; and so exhaling Ishtar gave purpose to her chi. Spənta Armaiti. A moment before Kami's fingers impacted upon her chest, the Oni's body hardened resist them.
    The jab lands, and nothing happens.

Kami smiles.

"Fist of the Gods, Style 2: Boar Charging Through the Forest!"

While still connected, Kami's jab turns into a one inch punch style thing and Ishtar can feel the energy behind the punch as it picks her up and throws her backwards, skidding. A painful bruise is already forming where the punch landed.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sasheem began to hop away from everyone else,going around to another end of the lookout, occasionally looking over his shoulder to see if anyone was following.

The jab lands, and nothing happens.

Kami smiles.

"Fist of the Gods, Style 2: Boar Charging Through the Forest!"

While still connected, Kami's jab turns into a one inch punch style thing and Ishtar can feel the energy behind the punch as it picks her up and throws her backwards, skidding. A painful bruise is already forming where the punch landed.
    The woman yelled out the name of something, before another impact rocked Ishtar's body. Grunting in pain, after skidding to a stop, the Oni eyed Kami curiously. "I see." Ensuring that nothing was broken, Ishtar readied herself for what the woman offered her next.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The woman yelled out the name of something, before another impact rocked Ishtar's body. Grunting in pain, after skidding to a stop, the Oni eyed Kami curiously. "I see." Ensuring that nothing was broken, Ishtar readied herself for what the woman offered her next.
    She grabs the mechanical halo like apparatus over her head and as she pulls it off, it begins glowing red hot. She throws it at Ishtar like a chakram.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She grabs the mechanical halo like apparatus over her head and as she pulls it off, it begins glowing red hot. She throws it at Ishtar like a chakram.
    Ishtar was not sure if that would do real harm, but given her experiences of the past few days the Oni was not willing to risk it; and moving left, Ishtar did her best to avoid it.

Arx Inosaan

On the surface, in the ruins, he senses several rooms. On one side it seems to be storage, an intricate bath, and a room he cannot sense anything in but a vast expanse larger than possible. The room of Spirit and Time, presumably. The other side seems to house a ruined library, more dorms, and a room so full of peace and tranquility that it was nearly as shocking as the room of vastness.
    His senses were made aware of the hidden depths of the Lookout's long-buried rooms, the East Wing a ruin of crumbled roof, wall and supports, concealing the scars of a battle centuries past, the sheen of the super-structure blotted by a burnt trench carved into its surface. A wealth of knowledge lay there, hidden in plain sight.

So why should Kami let them lay as they fell so long ago?

Below the main rooms, in the bowl portion of the Lookout, he senses the Guardian judging room, a room that seems to be magically active, and another room he cannot sense anything in at all.
    And deeper mysteries still.

Casting his hands against another support column, Ochazuke wrenched it from the ruin, finding it surprisingly complete and intact. What's more, two days of intensive gravity training made such a task simpler, there was only focus and form required to complete it. Bending his knees, he shot up straight, casting his arms above his head as he tossed the pillar upward, then catching softly it as it fell before laying it to rest at its point of origin.

His task begun, the enormity of this labour was set aside in his mind, as an idle curiosity fueled his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    (Present)

Meagan goes over to Karine, "Would you like to go exploring the Lookout with me? It could be interesting."
    Karine didn't see the harm in it, and it would take her mind off a few things. "I'd like to. This is the first time I've ever been in a Guardian's home, I thought they were just stories I heard when I was younger." It be a excuse to get to know the young woman more as well and about her people.

Ishtar was not sure if that would do real harm, but given her experiences of the past few days the Oni was not willing to risk it; and moving left, Ishtar did her best to avoid it.
    As she dodges, Kami comes in, having used it as a distraction. She darts in, grabs Ishtar’s arm, and attempts to throw her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Sasheem seemed to find a spot that was secluded enough. Truth be told, he didn't actually care if he was caught all that much. If he was fast enough maybe it wouldn't matter.

He raised his arms in the air and began powering ki to his palms. He figured he'd try a basic ki blasts first, albeit a big one. It'd take a bit of time to gather as much ki as he wanted, though...which was fine with him. Any interference and he'd lob it anyway.

As she dodges, Kami comes in, having used it as a distraction. She darts in, grabs Ishtar’s arm, and attempts to throw her.
    Ishtar couldn't help but smile. Despite the restrictions placed upon her power, and loss of memories; the young Kami had not forgotten how to fight. When the guardian grabbed Ishtar, then; she planted her feet against the attempt to throw her away. "Vohu Manah", the words were simply for Kami's benefit then, as the force of the ability launched the Oni into the air in an attempt to break Kami's hold on her.

Arx Inosaan