Page 305 of 661 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355405 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    The chakram slams into Shiro from behind, staggering her as Kami disengages and flies towards Midori, fists glowing to unleash a Shotgun Smite upckose.
    Regaining her balance, Shiro saw Kami fly toward Midori. Scowling, she charged after Kami, but after a few steps she gasped in pain, stumbling and falling to the floor of the lookout as the surge of power coursing through her turned to pain. Shutting the overclocking off, Shiro gasped as she turned to watch what was happening with Midori and Kami.

--------

Seeing Kami flying toward her, Midori cupped her hands at the left side of her waist, a ball of energy forming there. As it thrummed with barely-restrained power, Midori wanted to call out 'Kamehameha' when she fired it, but knew that this wasn't the Kamehameha fired by the others, so she couldn't use that title. However, in an instant, the perfect name for the move came to her, one that she'd considered using for her Raiotto Jaberin, but felt it didn't work for it. But she knew that it'd work for this technique.

With flame-like ribbons of energy spiraling around her and and flecks of golden light like dust flowing off her, Midori thrust her hands forward toward Kami as she cried out "GAAAAOOOON KYAAAANOOOON!" A great beam of energy flew forth from her hands, tearing up the floor of the lookout under it as it rushed forth like a tsunami to meet Kami's challenging charge.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ The fuck do you want? You glittering wee pony with a horn. You do not scare me, so **** off or I will break your horn and shove it up your ass. If you like that, then in the eyes.”

Chou gave no fucks as he was still times two aura and then generates his halo of knives. “ Go bother a fairy tale princess or something. We got no time for this.”
    Crazy Horn showed neither fear, nor concern at the mans threatening and boasting. If it was capable of such emotion, it would take more than such things to have it revealed on this battlefield.

It glanced at him, for the smallest of seconds, it's horn glinting in the pale moonlight, before returning his gaze to the fallen Nevadian.

"The raving one is clearly incapable. Are you not the one who summoned me?"

The Nevadian attempted to form a response. He wanted to explain that, apparently, he had somehow summoned him, but it had been on accident. And, really, it had more to do with the his spear than it did with him. Held wanted to explain that it was an ancient Nevadian relic, that, as far as he knew, was quite sturdy, but did nothing more than do what most weapons do.

Held would have loved nothing more than to clear up the massive misunderstanding, and apologize for disturbing the creature, pointing out that his people held Unicorns as sacred, and he would have never tried to beat the majestic beast unconscious, had it not tried to kill him without warning.

Unfortunately, Held was still reeling from the electric shocks, and his rebuttal came out as incoherent mumbling.

Crazy Horn lightly tapped a hoof upon the stone floor, apparently goading the Nevadian to speak. Patience did not seem to be a virtue that it held dear at this moment.

"You claimed to be of Nevada, did you not? You certainly have the faintest scent of it about you. Rise, and answer me. Or meet your death, no matter your breed of trickery."

Kami's eyes widen, and surprise colors her expression as blast overwhelms her.

When it dies down, Charco can see that the force of the blast sent Kami reeling backwards more than thirty yards, nearly knocking her off the Lookout. Her arms had crossed in front of her to block it, and Charco can see the metal had been badly warped and scored.

Kami looks up at him, panting just a bit, and nods appreciatively.

"Impressive. You caught it, added your own, and threw it back. Your grandmother said you were good on your feet and quick to improvise."

Slowly, the metal on her arms begins to fix itself as she shakes her hands out.

"Shall we continue?"
    To be honest, he was just as surprised as she was. Just a few moments before was the first time Charco had managed to interact with another source of ki that wasn't napalming him and so he had half-expected the mismatched technique to misfire.

He had not come out of this unscathed, as his hands were raw and scalded from handling Kami's energy orb bringing with it the sensation of having cleansed one's hands with an angle grinder.

"I'll have to get you to tell me about your relationship with her some time. Right now though..."

Recalling the exercise he did with Ochazuke, Charco's body tensed as an aura of green energy burst from his mortal frame. Recalling the tiny, almost insignificant portion of his sternum Ochazuke had manipulated, he made an adjustment with his stance, not quite putting it into full alignment, but close enough to where it counted.

The green aura of ki was replaced by an unstable fiery orange and although the rush of power he felt now was not as much as previously, it was worth trying out.

"... Let's continue..."

---
    [Imperfect Thyreophora - Detonation in 1 Post]

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    As Sasheem spun, he constant drew closer and closer back towards the lookout in case he was knocked down. He'd heard his ki blasts hit....someone and he was fairly sure it was Koorimaru. If not, he did not care, but if he landed a button the gecko perhaps now it's time to close in and...

Sasheem's volley of ki blasts seemed to cease as he slowed down his spin and segwayed it into a somersault, landing on his 'feet' back on the lookout.

He flexed his hands a bit, noting that his lifetime a bit drained. Maybe that blast that Kami stopped him from throwing had taken more out of him than he thought. Or maybe it was the fact that he had thrown the blast at himself earlier. Personally the majin blamed Kami for both instances.

Whatever the reason may be, Sasheem felt as if he had to save up his energy for now, not realizing it was one of Koorimaru's own abilities affecting him. He reared his arms back and both shot forth with a volley of punches aimed at Koorimaru, Sasheem allowed each arm to stretch when needed, but his intent was on closing in. He began to attempt to gather ki in his right fist, hoping to fire point blank at Koorimaru's chest once he drew close enough.
    The volley of fists raining towards him arrived at surprising speed. Never fully retracting, they dashed in and out in wild, flailing that bore no discernible pattern for Koorimaru to work around. Even keeping distance would require effort what with the majin's malleable nature allowing him the advantage of reach.

Even so, the majin's efforts seemed to be focused in an entirely forward direction, and it would be easy enough for Koorimaru to thwart the majin's efforts by flying behind the majin...

....But Kami did say he needed to work on his speed, and what better way to test his reaction than against the volley of punches.

He flew into the barrage, swerving past one fist, and ducking beneath the next. The first fist swung wide over him, but against his expectations, the second fist dashed back slamming into his chest.

Stunned, the first fight once again crashed into him and soon he was caught in the fool barrage of the volley of attacks. Left with no choice, he allowed his body to go limp and fall onto the Lookout floor.

Grunting, Koorimaru looked to Sasheem. The distance them had been reasonably close. If there was any consolation to this turn of events, it was that the Doomsday Sloth was no doubt in affect now and if Sasheem intended to make use of a ki-based ability it would take far longer to make use of than he anticipated, and deal far less damage than he'd hoped.

Still, being caught in the flurry of punches had not done any favours for Koorimaru. Taking what time he had to recuperate, Koorimaru kept his eyes fixed on Sasheem, prepared to counter against the Majin's next move.

Fantastic Member

T-t-time Skip!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma sighed and extricated his face from the wall. He glanced at the two's retreating forms.

"Hey, remember! Double Bacon and cooking lessons!" he shouted once the delicious collection of scents was far enough away for him to return mostly to his senses. Alright... so... hm, he had a meeting with Koorimaru to attend to. He could deal until then...

With that, he retrieved the pressure point manuscript and made his way to the agreed-upon spot on top of the lookout. He sat down and waited, continuing to read the manuscript to pass the time.
    His bout with Sasheem concluded, Koorimaru limped his way to the agreed upon meeting place with Totoma.

Pleased to find the Saiyan already there, Koorimaru chuckled, "Ah, you're here. Very good. Punctuality is something I find so rarely in Saiyans. Now, what was the matter you wished to speak of?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She vanished once again, leaving Sarada with naught but an ice clone as a reminder to keep focused on the task at hand and nothing more. Her aura shone brightly like a crimson star against the pitch black canvas of space.

"Hurry," Ishtar pleaded right before vanishing.

Very well.

Her knees bent like she was kneeling in midair, as her hands cupped together. The Saiyan Elite's favorite attack to obliterate not just their opponent, but the planet they were standing on.

"GALICK GUN"

She held off on attacking until she was certain that Ishtar was going to do whatever she had been preparing to do all this time. The fight was going to end right then and there, one way or the other.
    From the vantage point provided by her glamour, Ishtar watched Sarada.

Not because the Oni understood, or cared; but because the golden-eyed Oni understood well that this was the an ending. The ending.

Death ?

What had started as a simple spar, had transcended its initial trappings ... much like her brief, yet telling skirmish with Ochazuke. In the end Sarada had laid her soul bare, revealed what she understood of Truth; and issued the selfsame challenge Ishtar had replied to time and again ... and yet in this new, white-hot furor. All Ishtar understood was that there was two.

And that was one too many.

Ishtar's hand tightened around the hilt of her aeons old sword.

It was almost time.

----

The Saiyan girl, understanding what was to come next- An ending, Death- willed all of her remaining energy into a single stance ... arms cupped and body braced for the ensuing recoil of the single massive shot; and in so doing, the girl had locked herself in place. The golden-eyed Oni revealed herself then, steam rising from her skin as the fires of war that fueled her now caused her Ki to boil over. The final stage, Aeshma Xeshm revealed now in full.

"Haaaa..."

The Oni exhaled, steam rising in the still air moments before cacophony.

Knuckles bone-white as they gripped the hilt of that ancient and ruined blade, Ishtar hurled the weapon at the young-Saiyan the split second before the girl fired. The blade itself- an extension of the Oni who now crackled with energy unbound- primed to unleash the torrent of the Oni's Ki the instant it struck an opposing force.

OT: Sword's going to explode when it hits the Galick Gun.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Jinzi looks it over and nods.

“Yes. Catchin, or Katchin.”
    Adam moves closer, eager now that it has someone who knows what it is. "What is it's source? How is it made? I must know how to smelt and forge it if I am to alloy my body with it."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    From the vantage point provided by her glamour, Ishtar watched Sarada.

Not because the Oni understood, or cared; but because the golden-eyed Oni understood well that this was the an ending. The ending.

Death ?

What had started as a simple spar, had transcended its initial trappings ... much like her brief, yet telling skirmish with Ochazuke. In the end Sarada had laid her soul bare, revealed what she understood of Truth; and issued the selfsame challenge Ishtar had replied to time and again ... and yet in this new, white-hot furor. All Ishtar understood was that there was two.

And that was one too many.

Ishtar's hand tightened around the hilt of her aeons old sword.

It was almost time.

----

The Saiyan girl, understanding what was to come next- An ending, Death- willed all of her remaining energy into a single stance ... arms cupped and body braced for the ensuing recoil of the single massive shot; and in so doing, the girl had locked herself in place. The golden-eyed Oni revealed herself then, steam rising from her skin as the fires of war that fueled her now caused her Ki to boil over. The final stage, Aeshma Xeshm revealed now in full.

"Haaaa..."

The Oni exhaled, steam rising in the still air moments before cacophony.

Knuckles bone-white as they gripped the hilt of that ancient and ruined blade, Ishtar hurled the weapon at the young-Saiyan the split second before the girl fired. The blade itself- an extension of the Oni who now crackled with energy unbound- primed to unleash the torrent of the Oni's Ki the instant it struck an opposing force.

OT: Sword's going to explode when it hits the Galick Gun.
    Throughout the battle, Sarada learned much about Ishtar. Her Truth, laid bare before the Saiyan, was as jarring as it was brutal. The ferocity with which she attacked was at odds with the memories of what she remembered seeing from her in the past battle. It was similar in method, but the intention was far from the same.

Her aura crackled with violaceous power that arced off of her and shot off into the air. Ishtar reappeared, tendrils of steam rising off of her superheated body, the penultimate result of her lengthy preparation. The sword in her hand was thrumming with a terrible power; Sarada could feel it just as clearly as she could see it. This was it. The crescendo of their conflict.

The end.

The sword flew from the Oni's hand. The next split second, "FIRE!"

The collision of the two opposing powers was tremendous. The sword exploded with monumental force, shaking the Lookout and filling with the sky with a perfect symmetry of alabaster and mauve light. The shockwave of the explosion tore through the Galick Gun and tossed Sarada away like a piece of debris caught in a tornado.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    T-t-time Skip!

His bout with Sasheem concluded, Koorimaru limped his way to the agreed upon meeting place with Totoma.

Pleased to find the Saiyan already there, Koorimaru chuckled, "Ah, you're here. Very good. Punctuality is something I find so rarely in Saiyans. Now, what was the matter you wished to speak of?"
    "I want to learn." Totoma rolled up the manuscript and put it in his pocket. "Specifically, your techniques. I have a good handle on your fighting style--cautious, methodical, and precise--but I've seen you... somehow teleport your death beams, and as someone with an appreciation for novel techniques, you've piqued my interest."

"So what do you say? You show me yours, I show you mine, though I admit most of my techniques are about what you'd expect from a Saiyan," he said. "Right now, the most unique one I have is..."

He reached out,ensnared a piece of ancient debris with a thread, and pulled it into his palm. "These threads. Not the fanciest technique, but it has its uses." He examined the debris for a moment, then tossed it away.

"Beyond curiosity, I think it would be easier for us to coordinate in battle if we both know what to expect, yeah?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    After Meagan had went along her way and the current group had scattered to do their own thing, Karine took it upon herself to explore the LookOut on her own time and terms. She certainly didn't mind company but even she had times where she wanted a moment or two to herself. Everyone did, to a degree depending on that individual. Some needed almost constant interactions with others, while others prefered the company of their own thoughts. She had always been on the more quite side but she liked people so she supposed if she put herself on the spectrum, she was more in the middle.

More importantly and not for the first time she wondered why she had been chosen out of literally everyone in this universe. Leaving the relative lack of experience compared to some of the others did in this group aside, there was the potential argument not of what she was but what she could be one day. All she knew was if it weren't for the way things were laid out, she wouldn't have been involved in this journey. Totoma was but just one anchor that tied her in, the other being the lingering threat to this planet. Even so the question still hung of why, most anyone had been chosen since she knew without a doubt there were much stronger, and more skilled beings in this universe.

Then again, remembering how Totoma had surpassed people even Sayains more then twice his senior in his younger age before his power retreated spoke of the 'potential' argument.

It didn't matter in some respects, here in the present she had the power and will to effect her own path.

Deciding she had enough introspection on the given topic, Karine sought after Ash'rah both for meditation and simply to talk to if they were available. Knowing the frantic schedule and nature of some of her teammates, it was impossible to tell at times when something else would occur to occupy her time.

Tracking down the unique energy signature from the monk wasn't too hard, though when she found them they seemed to practicing. A form, was it? Either way she had a ample apperciation for the different arts even if she wasn't as serious a practioner as Ash'rah and some of the others. Father's form had always been extremely smooth and efficient whether it be free form or in a actual combat related situation. She doubted she'd ever reach that level anytime soon, but it gave her something to work towards in her journey on self improve.

All things strive. She repeated, liking that phase more and more.

"Afternoon, I hope this isn't a bad time. I came to see about my first lesson." She didn't want to interrupt, but it had to end eventually.
    Asha'rah swept from stance to stand, sometimes flowing like water, sometimes striding to dominate a place and time. Hooks designed to entrap, straights with the momentum to hit like a battering ram, parries that allowed her to keep her footwork alive. All the while, her orbs danced around her, a river of metal she commanded like her own limbs. She had studied under multiple masters over her travels, taking in their styles and experiences to help her find her own answers, her own path. She was grateful for her experiences. She hadn't always felt that way in the moment, of course, sometimes even mentally cursing what felt like unreasonable demands. But each challenge, each revelation had helped her strive and grow in their own way.

Then a familiar voice. Karine was ready to begin her training. She wasn't necessarily suitable for learning the entirety of Asha'rah's hand to hand style - a fair portion of her techniques required more freedom of movement than Karine's generous assets allowed for. But Karine wasn't here to master others. She was here to master herself.

Asha'rah finished her set early, and turned to greet her new student with a warm tone.

"Greetings, Karine. It is a perfect time. Come, sit with me."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Regaining her balance, Shiro saw Kami fly toward Midori. Scowling, she charged after Kami, but after a few steps she gasped in pain, stumbling and falling to the floor of the lookout as the surge of power coursing through her turned to pain. Shutting the overclocking off, Shiro gasped as she turned to watch what was happening with Midori and Kami.

--------

Seeing Kami flying toward her, Midori cupped her hands at the left side of her waist, a ball of energy forming there. As it thrummed with barely-restrained power, Midori wanted to call out 'Kamehameha' when she fired it, but knew that this wasn't the Kamehameha fired by the others, so she couldn't use that title. However, in an instant, the perfect name for the move came to her, one that she'd considered using for her Raiotto Jaberin, but felt it didn't work for it. But she knew that it'd work for this technique.

With flame-like ribbons of energy spiraling around her and and flecks of golden light like dust flowing off her, Midori thrust her hands forward toward Kami as she cried out "GAAAAOOOON KYAAAANOOOON!" A great beam of energy flew forth from her hands, tearing up the floor of the lookout under it as it rushed forth like a tsunami to meet Kami's challenging charge.
    Kami leaps over the blast, clearing it by millimeters, and plants her feet right into Midori's face.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    To be honest, he was just as surprised as she was. Just a few moments before was the first time Charco had managed to interact with another source of ki that wasn't napalming him and so he had half-expected the mismatched technique to misfire.

He had not come out of this unscathed, as his hands were raw and scalded from handling Kami's energy orb bringing with it the sensation of having cleansed one's hands with an angle grinder.

"I'll have to get you to tell me about your relationship with her some time. Right now though..."

Recalling the exercise he did with Ochazuke, Charco's body tensed as an aura of green energy burst from his mortal frame. Recalling the tiny, almost insignificant portion of his sternum Ochazuke had manipulated, he made an adjustment with his stance, not quite putting it into full alignment, but close enough to where it counted.

The green aura of ki was replaced by an unstable fiery orange and although the rush of power he felt now was not as much as previously, it was worth trying out.

"... Let's continue..."

---
    [Imperfect Thyreophora - Detonation in 1 Post]

She throws the chakram halo at him while dashing to his right, energy flaring as her Shotgun Smite is called out, sending dozens of energy shots at him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam moves closer, eager now that it has someone who knows what it is. "What is it's source? How is it made? I must know how to smelt and forge it if I am to alloy my body with it."

"Hmm, well, as far as I know it comes from only one place: the Sacred World of the Kai's. They make weapons out of it rarely and give it out sparingly, usually to those who who done gerat deeds of valor or import. Those weapons Kami has are all ones given to previous Guardians over the course of a few millennium, I'd imagine. Well, that and a few given to worthy warriors beyond just Guardians."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada nearly leaped out of her skin and turned around while flying backward to give herself time and space to defend against the oncoming attack.
    And feels the no longer burning chakram tapping against her neck slightly.

Kami stands on the Lookout below her, smiling and waving slightly.

"I think that's good. I have to say I'm impressed. You picked up energy attacks quicker than I would have thought."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Hmm, well, as far as I know it comes from only one place: the Sacred World of the Kai's. They make weapons out of it rarely and give it out sparingly, usually to those who who done gerat deeds of valor or import. Those weapons Kami has are all ones given to previous Guardians over the course of a few millennium, I'd imagine. Well, that and a few given to worthy warriors beyond just Guardians."
    Adam pauses. "That is an unexpected level of rarity. This was a gift, it would be inappropriate to destroy it. Thank you for your time." Leaving the shop, he returns the sword.