Page 331 of 661 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine crossed her arms as Totoma slowly, but finally met her gaze. "I'm still a bit mad at you for what you did. You did deserve that, and it was short sighted and selfish." After a moment, she sighed, her gaze softening slightly. "..At the same time, while its still your responsibility to take care of your inner demons, it would also be short sighted of me to ignore all the factors leading to things. In a way until recently you've only been learning to tackle this problem head on and truly heal. I'll help you when I can, but I can't shoulder it all. That be unhealthy. For the both of us."

The young woman moved to the bed, sitting down. "I don't know what to make of your training assignment, but you're a grown man. All the things I've heard about Koori's kind have been mostly negative, save for some exceptions. I'm not sure if those examples were outliers or not. Either way, don't reveal all your cards and be mindful of what's said, and more importantly what's not said." The last part almost sounding more like her mother.
    She really did have the patience of a saint. He was truly a lucky man, even if he was... a bit disappointed in this particular situation. He was expecting her to let him have it. Oh well.

"Don't worry," said Totoma. "I was feeling him out, and I think I have a good handle on his reasons for being on Earth. Once he gets what he wants, he'll probably be on his way. Until then, I'll learn what I can from him, since I'm sure that he has many unorthodox ki techniques that will give me an advantage against Jagam."

And that was that. Now... he needed to de-stress and getting a bit of teasing in seemed like an excellent way to do that. Now would be a good time practicing being a bit more... proactive, too. Now how could he go about this...

Ah! The romance novel he'd borrowed... recalling it gave him an idea. He could tease her and, ah, ask her how her training went? A double-whammy! The gears in his head began turning, constructing the perfect course of action and wording...

His tail around Karine's waist and pulled her closer, meeting her gaze and giving her mischievous smile. If he wanted to, he could steal her lips without her being able to react. Her being so close made her scent... intoxicating, and it was hard to not do just that.

...no, he had to focus on the task at hand.

"But enough of these trifling matters. Would my lady be so kind as to grace me with news of her day?"

Yeah, perfect, that was... that was...

...actually kind of embarrassing to say?

His expression wavered and, immediately after, his entire face turned red. Soon enough, he'd broken eye contact with Karine and had his face buried in his hands. He shook his head out of embarrassment.

"Lame... so lame. Gods, I sounded like such a dork just now."

Totoma stopped shaking his head and just... sat there for a moment, his face still buried in his palms. Yeah, he'd... just played himself. Meant to tease Kari, ended up... teasing himself.

Sighing, he raised his head and turned to Karine again. "...that sounded better in my head than out loud."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 03-04-2018 at 11:45 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

: He then deflects them all with a massive wave of his wind blade as it vanishes. Shatters his last pearl.:

“ Tilt!”

: He then launches ki from his feet to plow through the air like a missile, head butting Kami directly in the forehead as he spoke.:

“ Feeling sorry for myself?! Bitch! I never asked for any of this!!”

: As his fists curled, Cue aura. A symbol appears, runic, Japanese. As he spoke.: “ All I ever wanted was a family of my own! A normal lady fe!”

As he then punches her again, but speaks.

“ Elephant Gun Gatling!!!!”

Does machine gun fists again, times two as he tags her. Pressure waves so huge can be seen, making manhole sized craters as he kept punching her. Directly in chest and face.:

“ I did not ask to be reborn! I did not want to blow up my team mates!!! Had enough of my power yet damn you?!!!!!! Because that was surplus!” As he smashed her repeatly into look out, shaking it as he grabs her by face, tosses her into the air and fires off ki grenades to blanket the area she is in, with explosions. No more dragon pearls. Can still go though. He had to get it out of him, somehow.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    : He then deflects them all with a massive wave of his wind blade as it vanishes. Shatters his last pearl.:

“ Tilt!”

: He then launches ki from his feet to plow through the air like a missile, head butting Kami directly in the forehead as he spoke.:

“ Feeling sorry for myself?! Bitch! I never asked for any of this!!”

: As his fists curled, Cue aura. A symbol appears, runic, Japanese. As he spoke.: “ All I ever wanted was a family of my own! A normal lady fe!”

As he then punches her again, but speaks.

“ Elephant Gun Gatling!!!!”

Does machine gun fists again, times two as he tags her. Pressure waves so huge can be seen, making manhole sized craters as he kept punching her. Directly in chest and face.:

“ I did not ask to be reborn! I did not want to blow up my team mates!!! Had enough of my power yet damn you?!!!!!! Because that was surplus!” As he smashed her repeatly into look out, shaking it as he grabs her by face, tosses her into the air and fires off ki grenades to blanket the area she is in, with explosions. No more dragon pearls. Can still go though. He had to get it out of him, somehow.
    After letting him hit her, she grabs his wrists and brings him in slightly, gritting her teeth.

"Deal with it. You have a debt to repay, Chou. That was why you were reborn, and a chance to redeem yourself. You are not the monster you once were, but this pity party is old. You hurt your teammates and are angry, but if you don't fight for their respect, or for the family you want and just feel sorry for yourself, it will never happen!"

Her aura explodes outward and flings him back. Getting up, she wipes some blood from her mouth.

"You may never have asked for this, but this is reality. You deal or you don't, Chou. I never asked to be Kami, but someone had to so I stepped up. I've lost nearly everything precious to me, my love, my memories, even my own name but I'm still standing because I love this world and I'll die before I let it go into oblivion quietly."

She yells and her aura flares higher than ever before. The lookout shakes even.

"Now, take this: My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Last of the Fist of the God Arts: Gaia Crusher!"

A massive red and blue ki ball forms over her head, easily the size of a large building, and is flung at Chou.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“ Tch. Fine by me and I plan to earn my respect and keep up with my team mates. Everyone else mustered a Beam out of their ass.”

As he spoke, fingers on forward with a spark. Expect it did not take as long a charge as he put all his energy into it. He was not sure if he was to add this as a technique. It was less style and more him focusing all his pent up energy into a spiraling beam of three in unison.

“ Special Beam Cannon!!”

: As soon he fires it off thought to himself.: “ Need a cooler title. Damn.” As the triple spiral drill beam connects. Punching a hole through Gaia Crusher to reduce it to nothing, as it tunneled and drilled the sphere causing a chain reaction. Locked into Kami due to tk energy feels. Should it hit. Would feel like a Elephant fun Gatling punch.:

“ Power reserve failing. Auxiliary food energy reserves.”

“ Not now Master unit.”
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 03-04-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Kami lands back down, her attack and Chou's meeting and canceling each other out. She looks at him.

"You have great power, Chou. One day you'll earn your family. I hope it is everything you've ever wanted when you do."

She bows to him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“ Thank you for believing in me.” : He bows. All the melancholy he had, has melted away. Must renew his efforts.:

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Landing back on the patio of the Lookout, Meagan took a few minutes to look around, then up again, before heading inside to look for Asha’rah .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Aware of Midori's initial trick strategy this time, Asha'rah kept her center from the initial feint, parrying the left with practiced precision. If only that were enough. Initiative, strategy, timing, these were all important facets of any fight, but when a simple, pure strength grew beyond a certain point, it would overwhelm all before it. At the end of the day, Midori was a better striker than Asha'rah. While Asha'rah could make Midori work for it, in a straight punching contest there was no question who would emerge the winner. Blow by blow, Asha'rah's guard was blown open, taking worse and worse punches to the torso with every passing second. She could not stand toe to toe with Midori forever. She had to bring the fight to where she was stronger.

Then Midori's face was in her own, angling to finish Asha'rah with a headbutt. Asha'rah tucked her chin in, presenting Midori with the thickest part of her headplate to smash into. Forehead smashed against forehead, sending a resounding clang across the lookout. Asha'rah reeled back, but just barely retained the presence of mind to hook her foot behind Midori's as she backpedaled, sending the green android tumbling to the ground with her superior weight. Lacking the time or position for a proper grapple, Asha'rah kicked her legs up high in a sideways spinning jump, and landed straddling Midori's chest, pinning both arms to the ground. Asha'rah couldn't see her opponent clearly, still groggy from the headbutt, but she could feel the green android's shoulders beneath her thights. Her head could only be in one place.

Asha'rah pinned Midori's head between her thighs, and smashed blow after blow into Midori's face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    When Meagan finally located Asha'rah, she was greeted to a sight that actually made her take a few steps back. Figuring this was a bad time, she walked away, planning to come back when Asha'rah and Midori were finished beating each other up.
    Before she left, she called to Asha'rah, "Asha'rah, when you are finished, can you meet me in the Old Library? I have something to show you." Meagan then headed to the Old Library to wait for her.

OOC: You can Time-skip to meet her in the library.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

: Goes back to Jinzi ship to check on Nunlil.:

“ Well I am done for the day, so how are you holding up?”

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Kami smiles.

"Good. I'm glad to hear that, Erosa. Now, I'm not certain you can do the Kamehameha. However, I will teach you. Now, do as I do and listen."

For the next hour, Kami patiently teaches Erosa the basics. How to summon her ki and hold it in her hands. How to project it. How to keep projecting it outward to send it as a blast. Kami finds that throwing energy balls seems more Erosa's style and teaches her how to do simple ki ball grenades that Erosa can summon and throw.
    "Gao!" Erosa mouthed excitedly as she shaped the ki in the hands. She seemed to be rather enjoying the act of shaping her own ki, thought kami would note that her ki didn't behave as normal ki should...perhaps a result of her origin as a entity born of magic and will. The grenade that formed her her hand wasn't the typical brightly colored energy associated with chi....rather it seemed more akin to a white amorphous blob. It seemed to take on a life of its own, even as Erosa formed the grenade in her hands it seemed to struggle to escape her grip. Finally it seemed to stabilize into a solid sphere.

.....and then her chi grenade growled.

The orb of Id ki cracked open like a walnut along its middle and reveled a row of razor sharp teeth emitting a fierce red glow. The transformation surprised Erosa enough to prematurely fling the chi grenade.....which spun mid air while letting out a barking sound, spinning in circles while looking for a target. When nothing could be found, it chose one seemingly of its own volition and flew past Erosa on a path to kami, gnashing its teeth as the energy surrounding it flared up for an explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Gao!" Erosa mouthed excitedly as she shaped the ki in the hands. She seemed to be rather enjoying the act of shaping her own ki, thought kami would note that her ki didn't behave as normal ki should...perhaps a result of her origin as a entity born of magic and will. The grenade that formed her her hand wasn't the typical brightly colored energy associated with chi....rather it seemed more akin to a white amorphous blob. It seemed to take on a life of its own, even as Erosa formed the grenade in her hands it seemed to struggle to escape her grip. Finally it seemed to stabilize into a solid sphere.

.....and then her chi grenade growled.

The orb of Id ki cracked open like a walnut along its middle and reveled a row of razor sharp teeth emitting a fierce red glow. The transformation surprised Erosa enough to prematurely fling the chi grenade.....which spun mid air while letting out a barking sound, spinning in circles while looking for a target. When nothing could be found, it chose one seemingly of its own volition and flew past Erosa on a path to kami, gnashing its teeth as the energy surrounding it flared up for an explosion.
    She ki blasts it before it can reach her. She turns and smiles at Erosa.

“Well done, Erosa. I think that will be all for our training. Keep exercising your ki and you’ll get better control over it.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Please ignore
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "The knives were a gift many years ago, but I've been somewhat lax in my caring of them. Not sure of the metal though. Please, feel free to use them. As to the roots, go ahead. I'm not exactly sure of them myself. Truth is I'm not much of a biologist."
    "Thank you, Kami."

Zaofan gathered his things, put his cape back on, and turned to her.

"I must say, I feel better now than I ever have in all my training before I met this lot. Yourself included, of course. I am honored, and you have my gratitude."

He then put his hands together, and bowed with the utmost respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Aware of Midori's initial trick strategy this time, Asha'rah kept her center from the initial feint, parrying the left with practiced precision. If only that were enough. Initiative, strategy, timing, these were all important facets of any fight, but when a simple, pure strength grew beyond a certain point, it would overwhelm all before it. At the end of the day, Midori was a better striker than Asha'rah. While Asha'rah could make Midori work for it, in a straight punching contest there was no question who would emerge the winner. Blow by blow, Asha'rah's guard was blown open, taking worse and worse punches to the torso with every passing second. She could not stand toe to toe with Midori forever. She had to bring the fight to where she was stronger.

Then Midori's face was in her own, angling to finish Asha'rah with a headbutt. Asha'rah tucked her chin in, presenting Midori with the thickest part of her headplate to smash into. Forehead smashed against forehead, sending a resounding clang across the lookout. Asha'rah reeled back, but just barely retained the presence of mind to hook her foot behind Midori's as she backpedaled, sending the green android tumbling to the ground with her superior weight. Lacking the time or position for a proper grapple, Asha'rah kicked her legs up high in a sideways spinning jump, and landed straddling Midori's chest, pinning both arms to the ground. Asha'rah couldn't see her opponent clearly, still groggy from the headbutt, but she could feel the green android's shoulders beneath her thights. Her head could only be in one place.

Asha'rah pinned Midori's head between her thighs, and smashed blow after blow into Midori's face.
    Midori tried to ignore getting repeatedly punched in the face as she struggled to get Asha'rah off her and stop the rain of punches from above. It was proving to be a nigh-impossible task, considering that she was indeed taking repeated punches to her face unguarded. However, an idea came to her inbetween punches, and as Asha'rah pulled back to deliver another blow, Midori opened her mouth and shot her tongue out, wrapping it around the other android's neck.

As soon as she felt her tongue secure itself around Asha'rah's neck, she managed a garbled grunt and used the hold to pull Asha'rah forward enough to slightly dismount her from her seated position on Midori's chest/shoulders. Bucking her upper body, Midori was able to further unseat Asha'rah enough to slip back and out from under her. Releasing the faceless android from her unorthodox hold, Midori scrambled unsteadily to her feet and moved backward, her steps awkward and slightly unbalanced from the repeated blows to the head.

Once she was what she felt was a safe enough distance from Asha'rah, Midori rubbed touched her face and hissed as pain shot through her artificial body like molten quicksilver.

Setting her face in determination, Midori brought her arms to her sides as energy began coursing through her like a wildfire, the feeling dulling the pain in her body as it rose stronger, light seeping out of her body as it did so. Despite the pain, Midori felt a smile cross her face as she stared at Asha'rah. Bringing her arms up to her head, Midori swung them down with a great battlecry as the torrent of energy coursing through her exploded out of her in a blaze of glory. Her shirt, unfortunately, wasn't able to take the force and it exploded off of her, fluttering to the ground around her like cloth confetti.

This also had the side-effect of leaving her bare from the waist up.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

~Somewhere on the Karman Line~

"-rejecting my efforts..."

Kai's words trailed off as he quickly realized three things:

• He was no longer on the lookout, or indeed anywhere that he could immediately recognize.
    • He was falling.
    • It was truly, as the literature oft described but never truly could get across to those yet inexperienced, cold as fuck.

How?

Without further delay, Kai formed two barriers around himself- the inner barrier extending no further than his skin and clothes keeping his body heat from escaping, the outer barrier extending 10 feet on each side acting as a enclosed and- for now- unmoving platform.

How did I even get up here?

It would be several moments before Kai regained enough of his bearings that he could recognize that he was at least still on Earth- though where was something he had no answer to at the moment.

"Uhh," Kai began, unsure if anyone could either hear his words or read his mind so far away from everything at the border of Earth and space, "Ronin Kai, here. Well, somewhere, anyway. If anyone can hear me and is able to help, a little location assistance would be greatly appreciated."

With that said, Kai waited, at least for a little while, taking in the view of the world beneath him- which at present was mostly clouds, the moon, and whatever objects- manmade or natural- orbited the Earth and could be seen at or near a height of 100 km or so.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Enough time has passed. Watching the others fight was instructive in its own way, but his energies have recovered enough now. The Namekian stands up and makes his way in front of Kami.

"If I may be so bold," Slak says as he takes a fighting stance, "I humbly ask for you guidance, Guardian."
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile