Page 351 of 661 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Shiro caught sight of the man she was looking for, walking alongside the lookout's rim stargazing. Moving over to him quickly, Shiro called out "Mr. Pantaloons, I require your aide with something. Well, to be perfectly honest it's two things I require your aide with."
    OC: Last post cursed.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    And he does so. However, this close, she smirks even after getting slammed and uses her Human Bomb technique and blows him away.
    "Waaaaaagh!" Sasheem shouts as he gets blasted away, spiraling in midair. Quickly he stretches his arm out and grabs onto Kami's shoulder and let's himself snap towards her, or her towards him. This time his aim was for a headbutt aimed at Kami's nose. Sasheem wondered if he could break it...

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    OC: Last post cursed.
    “Hmm, how can I help you?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Waaaaaagh!" Sasheem shouts as he gets blasted away, spiraling in midair. Quickly he stretches his arm out and grabs onto Kami's shoulder and let's himself snap towards her, or her towards him. This time his aim was for a headbutt aimed at Kami's nose. Sasheem wondered if he could break it...
    Their heads slam together, but it’s his that gets deformed and damaged. She reaches up and palms a ki blast right into his face, blowing him away again.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    After concluding his talk with Shiro, Adam had been wandering the Lookout trying to figure out it's own emotions. Was it bad that he was having this reaction to Midori and Shiro? Was it because they were androids? Sarada and Ishtar's nudity had been...noteworthy, but nothing remarkable. As it pondered, it felt something else. An energy, something it had felt before on occasion, but now thanks to Sarada he knew what it was. It was not Adam's nature to be idle and useless, so as it thinks, it spreads out into an umbrella-like shape, absorbing as much as it could by increasing it's surface area. After several minutes, when Midori and Asha'rah had finished, it resumes it's human shape and approaches them. "Excuse me Midori. While watching you fight with your breasts exposed I became aware I was experiencing irrational emotions towards you. I apologize for this and will be excusing the malfunction soon."
    OT: This will obviously be a forward time skip to after Asha'rah and Midori's talk.

IC: After bidding farewell to Asha'rah, Midori turned to Adam as he offered an apology for feeling 'irrational emotions' toward her while watching her spar against Asha'rah topless. Looking down and realizing she was still exposed, she crossed her arms over her chest as a blush crossed her face.

Then what he said fully set itself in her mind, and she looked at him as she asked "Experiencing 'irrational' emotions toward me? What were these emotions? And why are you apologizing for them and believe them to be a malfunction to be excised?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Their heads slam together, but it’s his that gets deformed and damaged. She reaches up and palms a ki blast right into his face, blowing him away again.
    "Garblarghblabah!" Sasheem screeches, less coherent then ever as he's sent back, hitting a wall this time. Sasheem lies on the ground a bit before hopping up, he pulls a fist into the air...before slamming it upon the back of his head, popping his face back into place.

He points at Kami. "Tuwa!" He says with a small grin. "Samehadaaaa!" Sasheem shouts as a large shark-fin shaped ki erupts from the ground, intent in slicing into Kami...before promptly sinking into the floor right in front of her.

Sasheem too began to sink into the floor, folding his arms and chuckling to himself. He began to circle Kami, his fin appearing above the floor occaisonally, as did the 'fin' of the Samehada...they both sunk to the ground in unison however, disappearing from sight once more.

Sasheem was trying hiding his own ki, but the Samehada was impossible to mask...it's presence still somewhere near Kami beneath the floor...thpugh she would be able to sense it slowly moving away.

Sasheem continued to hide...and and the area grew quiet, Kami would see Sasheem's fist suddenly flying towards her face.

~~~TIMEWARP to the Past~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "...Oh, we're bringing the others back food too?"

Held laughed nervously, failing to consider the idea that others outside of those assembled might have been hungry.

"You mean I could have stayed in bed?"

He adjusted the strap of his seat-belt, sighing slightly.

And here I was thinking I heroically cast off sleep for the right reasons....
    "HELD! When did you get onboard?"

Zaofan sighed to himself. "So much for keeping this a quick, small mission." Though, he then smiled since at least this time it was a friendly face joining them.

Back to the Present

She nods, her second top button on the shirt somehow undone.

“Oh, Brutus used to be a wrestler back in the day. That was his call sign. Even came in third in the World Martial Arts Tournament once.”
    She nods, though her intersect remains in Jack.

“Like I said, Brutus and his boys take care of it.”
    Zaofan took another slow bite of the Slinger. Even with his appetite, he wouldn't be able to last long with it. However, while his body said no, his mouth said yes. He took another sip of his stout beer to continue.

"The World Martial Arts Tournament, eh? By chance, would it be possible to speak with Brutus on his break? Maybe pick up some pointers?"
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-07-2018 at 10:58 AM.

He glances at her and smiles.

“A bit of both. And yourself?”
    "I suppose my mind is on the events of this world, and of what has happened in the past days." Ishtar responded.

"In time perhaps I will speak with Kami about why I was chosen for this. Until then however all one can do is abide a promise made." The Oni chuckled then.

"What has you dancing at the Lookout's edge, Mr. Pantaloon?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

“Hmm, how can I help you?”
    Shiro retrieved the memory chip from her pocket and said "Well, the first thing I need aide with is this memory chip I got from Meagan's master while we went on a short trip to her homeworld. I do not know what is on it, but it must be important for the woman to entrust it to me. And considering my skills lie in acting as a combat medic for organic and cybernetic beings, I do not wish to cause it damage trying to do so since I doubt there's another, so I need your help learning its secrets."

"As for the second thing," Shiro began, a blush crossing her face, which stood out even further due to her paper-white skin as she continued "I... saw something during Asha'rah and Midori's spar I wish to have deleted from my memory."
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    ~~~TIMEWARP to the Past~~~

"HELD! When did you get onboard?"
    "Well...I overheard you all talking about food in the courtyard." He explained, still weary from his lengthy night, between Kami and Crazy Horn, "And I was starving, so......"

Astonishing Member

A waiter nods and within a few minutes brings him his order.
    "Thank you kindly!" Held exclaimed, nodding his head as he placed a few zeni on the table as a tip.

Wasting little time, he took his fork, sticking it into the sausage before taking a ferocious bite out of it, leaving little more than half of it remaining. He then turned the bear bacon and bear kabobs, consuming them with a ferocity rarely seen from the Nevadian.

Oh, sweet fuel...I thought I was going to die from energy loss.

"Hey, Waiter!" Held said, as he downed his glass of orange juice, "This is a pretty good place. I've never been to this city before though, is this really the only place that works evenings? Is the city that small? You'd think with all the customers you lot get, someone would want to move in on that action, eh?"

The blow indeed lands and Kami is caught off guard, doubling over slightly from the impact.
    When in the heat of battle it was important not to hesitate because that moment could cause the end of your life or someone you were trying to protect. Due to her general nature she always had a bit harder time at first even harming people in sparring matches until she developed ways to get around it. The first, and among the most effective was to merely focus on that very moment and push through. Treat it with almost clinical detachment, which while easier said then done had its results.

Not wasting anytime, Karine seized her opportunity getting behind them as her own shadows wrapped around to bind her arms and legs like a cocoon. She made a small blade, though she kept it dull for anyone who was paying attention as she held it against their throat. "Dead."

It was important to treat situations like these in part like a training regiment for life and death battles to an extent, because out there you wouldn't get that second chance. Even in training like these though, restraint and consideration still needed to be measured for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Some blows landed, others did not. It mattered not for the moment. The point was that Karine found herself thrust into a stressful situation, with at least the veneer of danger hanging over her. She had to transition quickly from focusing on internal memories to an external threat, in two instinctively different contexts. Now for the reverse. The rain of light strikes ceased as abruptly as they started, leaving Asha'rah floating over Karine as serenly as a morning cloud.

"Now think of it again. Quickly, deeply, firmly. The enemy will not wait for you. For now, I will wait 15 seconds."

When those fifteen seconds were up, she attacked Karine again.

So that was it?

The young woman had a inkling of a idea of why Ash'rah was doing this, though having it more or less confirmed strengthened her desire to follow through further. She wasn't going to run, and she wasn't going to hesitate from what was before her. She held onto that moment as clear and as quickly as she could before the monk went the engage them again. Having the will to do something and actually carrying it out in practice, however, were two entirely different things.

Karine didn't falter physically, though keeping that mental clarity was harder then it seemed. If she wanted to do this to begin taking the steps to secure her future then if she needed to fail twenty times before she reached said goal, then so be it.

Slowly, but steadily, Karine began to adapt of keeping that mental focus in the middle of stressful actions.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Garblarghblabah!" Sasheem screeches, less coherent then ever as he's sent back, hitting a wall this time. Sasheem lies on the ground a bit before hopping up, he pulls a fist into the air...before slamming it upon the back of his head, popping his face back into place.

He points at Kami. "Tuwa!" He says with a small grin. "Samehadaaaa!" Sasheem shouts as a large shark-fin shaped ki erupts from the ground, intent in slicing into Kami...before promptly sinking into the floor right in front of her.

Sasheem too began to sink into the floor, folding his arms and chuckling to himself. He began to circle Kami, his fin appearing above the floor occaisonally, as did the 'fin' of the Samehada...they both sunk to the ground in unison however, disappearing from sight once more.

Sasheem was trying hiding his own ki, but the Samehada was impossible to mask...it's presence still somewhere near Kami beneath the floor...thpugh she would be able to sense it slowly moving away.

Sasheem continued to hide...and and the area grew quiet, Kami would see Sasheem's fist suddenly flying towards her face.
    The fist flies through an afterimage. The real Kami is nowhere to be seen.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I suppose my mind is on the events of this world, and of what has happened in the past days." Ishtar responded.

"In time perhaps I will speak with Kami about why I was chosen for this. Until then however all one can do is abide a promise made." The Oni chuckled then.

"What has you dancing at the Lookout's edge, Mr. Pantaloon?"
    “Heh, contemplating my various failures.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    When in the heat of battle it was important not to hesitate because that moment could cause the end of your life or someone you were trying to protect. Due to her general nature she always had a bit harder time at first even harming people in sparring matches until she developed ways to get around it. The first, and among the most effective was to merely focus on that very moment and push through. Treat it with almost clinical detachment, which while easier said then done had its results.

Not wasting anytime, Karine seized her opportunity getting behind them as her own shadows wrapped around to bind her arms and legs like a cocoon. She made a small blade, though she kept it dull for anyone who was paying attention as she held it against their throat. "Dead."

It was important to treat situations like these in part like a training regiment for life and death battles to an extent, because out there you wouldn't get that second chance. Even in training like these though, restraint and consideration still needed to be measured for obvious reasons.

So that was it?

The young woman had a inkling of a idea of why Ash'rah was doing this, though having it more or less confirmed strengthened her desire to follow through further. She wasn't going to run, and she wasn't going to hesitate from what was before her. She held onto that moment as clear and as quickly as she could before the monk went the engage them again. Having the will to do something and actually carrying it out in practice, however, were two entirely different things.

Karine didn't falter physically, though keeping that mental clarity was harder then it seemed. If she wanted to do this to begin taking the steps to secure her future then if she needed to fail twenty times before she reached said goal, then so be it.

Slowly, but steadily, Karine began to adapt of keeping that mental focus in the middle of stressful actions.
    Kami pressed forward, let the dull blade punch into her throat and backhanded Karine away. She pulls the dagger out, blood flowing slowly until it stops as machines fix the wound.

“Not so, Karine. I’m not really human anymore. I don’t have human weaknesses. Much the same as you don’t have as many human weaknesses. Nor Slak, or Sasheem. In battle, it is important to remember this fact. Fife can regenerate, so fatal wounds are not fatal to him.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM