Page 356 of 661 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I have not thought on it at length, though ..." Ishtar trailed off as she considered something. Katchin was one of the most durable and unyielding materials known, yet the Oni knew at least that manipulating it was nearly impossible. To say nothing of the issues with her own energies being imbued into it. However, there was another material the Oni possessed that would and could provide both, wasn't there?

Ishtar summoned a shard of her ancient weapon, "While I have a kinship with most stones, metals, and crystals, I have a ... unique connection with the crystals and metals of this blade. I have no issues imbuing it with my energies. And while it is shattered ... What remains can be compared to Katchin." The Oni explained.

"I know little of the task of creating a limb from metals and plastics ... but should you be able, I would be willing to give you the blade for use in the new arm."
    Jinzi pauses, then nods.

“When the transport gets back I’ll head to my lab. I should be able to get you something like what you want.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Haha!" Sasheem laughed joyously once Kami's lesson ended and he began to leap of the air. "Up high!" He continued to chuckle, letting himself fall back towards the ground, only to leap upward and propel himself again as soon as he hot it.

"Woo! Haha..." Sasheem happily exclaimed. Despite his constant irritation towards her, he was truly grateful to Kami for teaching him this. However, she never once had stated the sparring so ones soon was over, so abruptly in the midst of his cheerful laughter, Sasheem turned and fired a Samehada at Kami.
    Kami dodges and holds a hand up.

“We are done, I think. Keep practicing the trick I showed you, Sasheem. I think it will be quite surprising when the time comes and you face your next foe.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine was going to leave it at that, but she did remember something so she went back to Kami. "Ah..I knew I forgot something. You see my dress isn't too well suited for fighting so I need something else to wear. It' offers no protection and its uh..bouncy even with bindings." She mumbled, cheeks pink. "So I had something in mind though I'm not sure if you have anything like it on the LookOut."

Here, she showed Kami a picture of some type of old styled armor . "It's armor some of my people wore, so I was wondering if you perhaps had something like it here. I figured it was possible I'm not the first of my kind to ever been on the LookOut before."
    Kami nods and takes her to her own room. After about ten minutes, she walks back out with a chest.

“Here. A gift from one like you long ago. I believe it is close to what you are looking for.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jinzi pauses, then nods.

“When the transport gets back I’ll head to my lab. I should be able to get you something like what you want.”
    Ishtar nods, and takes the time to summon the sword's remaining fragments- scattered about the Lookout as they were, it was not hard- before handing them over to Jinzi. "Thank you, Mr. Pantaloon. I will find a way to repay you for the effort and time you have spent on trying to restore what was lost. It means ... far more than you would think."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Hey," Sarada called out to Macey, "is it too difficult for you to bring me a glass of water without dropping a laxative in it? If so, I'll just ask someone who knows what they're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    “It’s nothing....lemon is nice, but you shouldn’t overdo it.” Etrina chuckled, then eyed the sayian lady. “Now that I think about it....we’ve barely talked have we. Not even since this whole thing has started.....though I suppose that understandable given my reclusiveness. I suppose first and foremost I should apologize for my familiar, Ive seen the two of you get into conflict on more then one occasion.”
    She glanced at Etrina and looked like she seriously wanted to smack her for laughing at her, but held back.

"Don't apologize for other people," she stated. "She's an asshole who needs to learn how to behave herself." Like Sarada. She hadn't punched one person, despite having plenty of chances and reason to do so.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The waiter returns to Held’s spot with three deserts. One a sundae with an odd fruit atop it instead of a cherry. Another a pie, simple apple carmel it seems. The last is an odd looking or age cream sauce drizzle over a white brownie of some sort.

“On the House, sir.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kami dodges and holds a hand up.

“We are done, I think. Keep practicing the trick I showed you, Sasheem. I think it will be quite surprising when the time comes and you face your next foe.”
    Dodged again? Over already?! He couldn't even land a hit in! Sasheem wasn't gonna settle for...a loud eruption came from his stomach....he hadn't REALLY eaten in a while.

"Oh..." Sasheem noted, glaring at Kami once more, before slowly dragging himself away...he could almost smell....something delicious! Quickly forgetting his anger at Kami, he headed towards the scent right away...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hey," Sarada called out to Macey, "is it too difficult for you to bring me a glass of water without dropping a laxative in it? If so, I'll just ask someone who knows what they're doing."

She glanced at Etrina and looked like she seriously wanted to smack her for laughing at her, but held back.

"Don't apologize for other people," she stated. "She's an asshole who needs to learn how to behave herself." Like Sarada. She hadn't punched one person, despite having plenty of chances and reason to do so.
    Another waiter drops a glass of water off for Sarada, but Macey ignores Sarada completely.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar nods, and takes the time to summon the sword's remaining fragments- scattered about the Lookout as they were, it was not hard- before handing them over to Jinzi. "Thank you, Mr. Pantaloon. I will find a way to repay you for the effort and time you have spent on trying to restore what was lost. It means ... far more than you would think."
    “No need. My foolish training regime cost you your arm. This is merely me trying to balance the scales.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Dodged again? Over already?! He couldn't even land a hit in! Sasheem wasn't gonna settle for...a loud eruption came from his stomach....he hadn't REALLY eaten in a while.

"Oh..." Sasheem noted, glaring at Kami once more, before slowly dragging himself away...he could almost smell....something delicious! Quickly forgetting his anger at Kami, he headed towards the scent right away...
    OT:

Kami never fully intended to spar heavily with Sasheem. Too much chance of breaking the toilet more.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Another waiter drops a glass of water off for Sarada, but Macey ignores Sarada completely.
    Oh, come on!

Sarada's lips twisted into an annoyed moue when another waiter provided her with a glass of water. She sipped it to make sure it hadn't been tampered with -- she somehow doubted it had, since only Macey had it out for her -- then took another hearty swig. "Thanks. Can I have a water for my friend?" she asked, cocking her head toward Jack. "I think he's had too much booze already."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A large man, at least seven feet tall, walks from the back of the kitchen. Burly, in his fifties, he looks tough and worn and a fighter.

“Yeah, I’m Brutus. Who’s askin?” He says, looking at Zaofan.
    Ooc: OMG!!! It’s da Goon! Love the comics, Zaofan, watch your ass. He could wreck you fierce.

Ic in response

“ I have piss poor ki sensing right now. Even I know better than waltzing back there. Damn man, damn.”

A large man, at least seven feet tall, walks from the back of the kitchen. Burly, in his fifties, he looks tough and worn and a fighter.

“Yeah, I’m Brutus. Who’s askin?” He says, looking at Zaofan.
    "HOOO-my-god."

Zaofan didn't expect a behemoth of a man. He made sure to raise his hands even further, in case it wasn't clear that he came in peace.

"heLLo" the sound of his greeting belied his heart sinking in dread. "Ahem, I mean, hello. My name is Zaofan. I'm a traveling chef myself. Big fan of your work here."

Zaofan cautiously lowered down his hands. "If you'd be so kind, I've a few questions for you. Macey out there said you used to participate in the World Martial Arts Tournament. I was wondering wondering if you had any tips."

Zaofan then perched his lips, his voice dropping to a more serious tone:" And if you've ever fought Battersea."

OT:

Kami never fully intended to spar heavily with Sasheem. Too much chance of breaking the toilet more.
    OT: That's fine by me. ...Not so fine Sasheem, lol.

“No need. My foolish training regime cost you your arm. This is merely me trying to balance the scales.”
    "You could not know that the others would be so eager to annihilate their opponent, the Galaxy Police Officer. You simply did what you felt was necessary, Mr. Pantaloon ... as did I when I sacrificed the limb." Ishtar replied. She could well have let the others kill Nunlil, she could have also attempted to strike the Oni with another limb and killed her red cousin herself. She had decided however, to spare Nunlil, believing the Oni did not deserve to suffer for simply choosing to exist and in that light the price she paid was ... easier to stomach.

"Please do not hold yourself responsible for the actions of others, it is not a burden you need bearing."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan