Page 362 of 661 FirstFirst ... 262312352358359360361362363364365366372412462 ... LastLast
Results 5,416 to 5,430 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan nodded, "That much is obvious. It would be great if she knew, if she could remember what it was that Arthur went off in search for. Though that's probably expecting too much."
    "I did get a message from a fellow guardian on the Planet Yardrat about an hour ago. They too have a legend of a missing guardian."
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    So that was it?

The young woman had a inkling of a idea of why Ash'rah was doing this, though having it more or less confirmed strengthened her desire to follow through further. She wasn't going to run, and she wasn't going to hesitate from what was before her. She held onto that moment as clear and as quickly as she could before the monk went the engage them again. Having the will to do something and actually carrying it out in practice, however, were two entirely different things.

Karine didn't falter physically, though keeping that mental clarity was harder then it seemed. If she wanted to do this to begin taking the steps to secure her future then if she needed to fail twenty times before she reached said goal, then so be it.

Slowly, but steadily, Karine began to adapt of keeping that mental focus in the middle of stressful action

A hundred years ago? That meant there was a small possbility they may still be alive out there somewhere. Nosferartu could live roughly up to a hundred and twenty years, only losing their energy and such during their last waking years. The name didn't ring any bells though. "I see. I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised one of my kind made the journey up here. Have you heard of someone named Lady Garnet? Her last name was Brunel, she was apparently the only Umbrus Lord on record. Other then that, and protecting the planet not many know much of anything about them. It seems they kept to themselves. It was four hundred years ago roughly, I think. So probably before your time."

"The name seems familiar, but yes, it was before my time, sadly."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

"Well, most of those here would starve. Shiro, Adam, and I would be fine since we're cybernetic beings and thus don't need to eat to survive. Shiro and I only do so because we enjoy the taste of food, and from what I understand it helps fuel a back-up power supply for if anything happened to our main one." Midori answered.

"Though I doubt you'd have to worry about starving, because I believe Sarada, Erosa, and Sasheem would eat everyone first." Midori added, the image of herself tied to a spit being turned over a fire by Sarada like in those cartoons she'd seen entering her mind.

Midori turned to him with a smile as she said "But good luck on your hunt. I just hope that the aforementioned three don't eat whatever you catch."
    "Gaaaaaaao." Erosa whispered and blew on Midoris ear from behind, having silently snuck her way up from behind. "Gao! Green bot worry too much....Erosa not eat people so quick. Still duck on lookout somewhere.....emergency ration. Green bot worry even less, bet you taste like tofu burger."

She turned her attention to the other present. "You Hunt? Erosa bored......you take Erosa on Hunt too?"

---------------------------

Meanwhile, Etrina watched as Sarada bolted out past her and headed for the rear exit. While the urge to chase after her was strong, this was hardly a normal seduce and run situation. Before going to assist her it would be more prudent to make sure everyone else is aware.

With a quick detour, along with a shout to chou as she passed to get his ass moving to look for Jack, Etrina tracked down Zaofan in the kitchen area. "Zaofan! Some sleazy waitress just jacked our...I mean...." She quickly coughed. "...Took jack and ran off with him, I mean in a there one moment gone the next. Teleportation." The put emphasis on that word to let it sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Jinzi's question caused the Oni to fall silent for a short time. Who did she think would be good for the roles ? Ishtar honestly did not know. Of the twenty plus individuals she had interacted with directly, how many of them were up to the task of leadership ? Of those, how many others would be able to support their 'leader' without issues arising from diverging personalities ?

Who indeed.

A few souls came to mind for the tournament, at least.

"For the Tournament party ... Ochazuke."

His was a will unyielding, resolute. He would only afford the best of all those who wished to join him on the path. For his support however, "for his support perhaps Zaofan." An odd choice perhaps, a bit rambunctious for the role; yet the way he had garnered respect with his ability to create- at least from the appearance and smell- delicious food had won him favor with many. With Ochazuke demanding perfection, an underling who had earned the respect of the Saiyans specifically would be of benefit. They wished to win- or at least Sarada did- to the exclusion of most things not related to food ... having leaders to play off of those drives would be worthwhile.

As for the base invasion ... Ishtar was not familiar with many of those attending, however she could at least offer some insight.

"For Willa Rautt's base ... Adam ... or Koorimaru." She disagreed with some of what the machine expressed, yet his logical mind and comments about how best to proceed inside the base seemed appropriate for the task at hand. As regards to Koorimaru ... the Frost Demon was someone consumed of greed, and yet ... in his greed, there was a desire for the successful completion of this task, and from what little she had seen, he would serve well.

For support however ... Ishtar did not know.

There was only one for the task ... though perhaps ... "Whomever is chosen over the other, will perform the task of supporting the chosen lead. Meagan should also be selected." The rest were either too rash, too young, or wholly unsuited for the task of controlling a set number of individuals. And in her mind those selected seemed the most appropriate. However ...

"I would suggest Asha'rah, for either of the two groups. What I know of what she is capable of makes her a shrewd choice for either stealth or combat, and she has the decisiveness needed for either task; she also seems generally well liked." After a pause however, the golden-eyed Oni added.

"These are, of course, suggestions. I also did not include myself in these considerations."
    Jinzi nods.

"Ochazuke and Zaofan are a must for the Tournament, you are correct. Sarada and Totoma too, I think. Charco as well. For the base, I also agree. Koorimaru and Adam are both good choices, and Asha'rah going makes sense. All three are too unconventional for the tournament. Any thoughts on the others?"
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "I did get a message from a fellow guardian on the Planet Yardrat about an hour ago. They too have a legend of a missing guardian."
    "Oh, interesting." Meagan found this news to be fascinating and disturbing, "I think this is an investigation worth pursuing. Lady Kami, I have a suggestion. If you don't mind, I would like you to contact my Mentor, the Mirror Mage. She has traveled extensively through the galaxy and has many contacts. If you can discuss this with her, I think you will find that the both of you can be of help to each other. There isn't much I can do while also being active on the upcoming missions, but if I find anything I will let you know."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The drain stops and Macey rears back in shock at Jack's ki flow stopping. Having done so, the blade misses the base of her skull and lodges into her upper shoulder instead.

Rearing backwards, Macey spins preternaturally fast back hands Sarada away back down the alley into a trashcan. Stumbling, her wound heals up and she glares at Sarada.

"The hell you doing here, whore? Shouldn't you be crapping yourself still? And damn't you ruined my feast!"

Jack would find that the drain had stopped and his mind was clearing remarkably quickly.
    Sarada blinked bemusedly when Macey somehow pushed her back before she could react.

What the hell?

She opened her senses to check her power level and maybe get some insight into what she was. Because she wasn't an Earther in the way that Jack and Zaofan were.

"Hmph. I saw you dragging my friend off and I thought you were going to rape him. Turns out you were just trying to kill him. Either way, your head is mine."

With that, she flew at Macey, ki coating her hands and feet.

Sanguine Blitz!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The drain stops and Macey rears back in shock at Jack's ki flow stopping. Having done so, the blade misses the base of her skull and lodges into her upper shoulder instead.

Rearing backwards, Macey spins preternaturally fast back hands Sarada away back down the alley into a trashcan. Stumbling, her wound heals up and she glares at Sarada.

"The hell you doing here, whore? Shouldn't you be crapping yourself still? And damn't you ruined my feast!"

Jack would find that the drain had stopped and his mind was clearing remarkably quickly.
    Jack fell to the ground, breathing hard. "What the fuck....?" Everything since he took that first sip of, whatever that drink was, existing in some kind of haze in his mind. That haze was lifting, and it was quite apparent that the waitress had been trying to eat him.

Weakened and drained Jack began to pool his energy. Between this little episode, and the fight with Kami earlier, he was definitely running on empty. But he was not going to die. No. Not after everything else. Nearly drowned by his mother, the duel with Manco, meeting Sarada, the fight with the Yeti, after all of that, Jack was not going to die to some succubus waitress.

Jack lit another cigarette as the adrenaline began to hit his bloodstream. He had almost died, and now his body was responding, in order to eliminate the threat that stood before him. But he was still, drained, needed time.

Luckily for him, Sarada was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada blinked bemusedly when Macey somehow pushed her back before she could react.

What the hell?

She opened her senses to check her power level and maybe get some insight into what she was. Because she wasn't an Earther in the way that Jack and Zaofan were.

"Hmph. I saw you dragging my friend off and I thought you were going to rape him. Turns out you were just trying to kill him. Either way, your head is mine."

With that, she flew at Macey, ki coating her hands and feet.

Sanguine Blitz!
    Jack could not help but smile in the darkness. "Yeah, kick her ass Sarada!" he cheered.

With the reprieve from being the focus of the Succubus's intentions, Jack began to channel as much remaining ki as he could into his lungs.

Jinzi nods.

"Ochazuke and Zaofan are a must for the Tournament, you are correct. Sarada and Totoma too, I think. Charco as well. For the base, I also agree. Koorimaru and Adam are both good choices, and Asha'rah going makes sense. All three are too unconventional for the tournament. Any thoughts on the others?"
    To be tasked with deciding the groups was ... "Hm."

Ishtar had watched most in their sparring with Kami, and at least understood their capabilities. Who to choose for the tasks over who to lead, was also easier, so in this she could definitely say with some confidence.

"For the infiltration of the stronghold, I would recommend Etrina," a mage of some skill not suited for direct and close combat. "Shiro," unlike her sister she was more suited for mid-to-long range, and more suited for stealth. "Chuan..." in truth the Oni had not seen him fight once since arriving, not even with Kami ... as if avoiding it. The tournament would not suit him. "Kai," he had shielded the others against Nunlil, and as stated himself was not one for combat. He would serve the others well, here. "Karine," the Primogen like Kai, was capable of strong defense. In addition to what she displayed against Kami, the young woman would excel in a group setting over a one-on-one. "Chou," his temperament and willingness to use destructive force made him an ... unwise choice for the tournament. "And finally, Sasheem." He was an oddity as far as combat was concerned, and yet his ability to transmogrify things into cheese was ... Not likely going to apply well anywhere else.

"For the tournament, I would recommend Erosa," the Id was well-suited for direct combat and hungered for such a thing besides. "Midori," where her sister excelled in range, this one excelled close up. "Held," while she was not sure if his weapon would be admitted, the young man was capable unarmed. "Jack," another more suited for the setting of the tournament, and one who would push Sarada that much more by his presence alone. "Slak," as with Held, the aoni was unsure if the staff would be allowed; yet his capacity for mending and general demeanor as well as the presence of Fife ... Would require the Namekian's attendance.

"I believe that should be everyone." Ishtar stated then after she finished her suggestions.

Of course... She had withheld her own name.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 03-08-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

: Chou flips off Etrina and spoke up.: “ That is Saradas battle. It’s her man, she is strong and we would hurt her pride.”

Stops the gesture and rose. Tk bags with him. “ Will look for Zaofan though. He maybe the one in trouble.@ as he follows the strong feelings to kitchen. Cue him in there with others.

“ Hily shit. Brutus Bedlam. I grew up a fan of your work.” Did not seem scared. Fan boy and fact he has seen bigger. Looks to Zaofan.:

“ You tun a great place here. I hope this guy here has not offended you. He had one too many to drink.”

: Broyght water with chaser pills.:

“ Here Zaofan, drink up. Or I can drive us home. And yeah I saw your battles on tape growing up. The Turtlw island thing was not recorded. Had me thinking.”

"Unique? Bah, best chef around here, ain't none better. Would be best fighter too, if Battersea hand't bought off the damn monks. Ain't no way I was out of bounds them years ago. Besides, you think you can fight Battersea? Please, look at ya. Bet you ain't much of a chef neither. Why should I believe you, huh? Maybe you work for ol' Simon, huh? Looking to steal my secret still, yeah?"
    Zaofan giggled loudly, but very awkwardly, out of creeping nervousness, and maybe even a little bit of terror. "Now now now, I never said I was the best chef. I'm certainly not the best fighter in the group -- or even this kitchen, for that matter. The secret to good cooking is humility, after all, and the kitchen is the chef's domain. Maybe one day I could visit and pick up some pointers from you?"

"...but even though my friends and I came here for food, what were the chances that we'd come across someone who fought Battersea himself? I assure you, we do not work for him. After all, why would we ask you about how to fight him, if he's beaten you already?"

The look on Brutus' face gradually began to glow, close to fume. Zaofan picked the wrong words. "And by that, I mean, cheated. CHEATED! That dirty, no-good cheat!"

Once he saw Brutus not-murder him, Zaofan took a deep breath, and continued on. He had to reassess his assumptions from before. That maybe he acted in self-righteous haste when he argued that the monks should not get caught up in their fight. "So the monks were in on it, huh? He bought them out... which means we can't trust them to keep order. We'll have to make sure our fighting is fool-proof."

Damn. Considering how Battersea killed all those monks over the years in his rampages, it's unthinkable that the monks on the island would be on his side! I must warn the others. We have to treat the entire island as if it's hostile territory! It's not neutral ground! Forget going easy on those monks. We might have to adjust our strategy.

Zaofan turned his ki sense on again for the kitchen. He had already felt the powerful Brutus and the less powerful but still formidable levels in the kitchen. He wanted to ask without giving away his new ability to sense ki.

"What about the other two over there? I bet they can hold their own in a fight, huh? Did they participate in the tournament, too?"

However, during the exchange, Zaofan could feel a different ki signature sharply drop not too far away. The drop was so sharp that he couldn't help but to feel it.

And another similar, familiar powerlevel entered the same area. The ki that was dropping started recovering slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ---------------------------

Meanwhile, Etrina watched as Sarada bolted out past her and headed for the rear exit. While the urge to chase after her was strong, this was hardly a normal seduce and run situation. Before going to assist her it would be more prudent to make sure everyone else is aware.

With a quick detour, along with a shout to chou as she passed to get his ass moving to look for Jack, Etrina tracked down Zaofan in the kitchen area. "Zaofan! Some sleazy waitress just jacked our...I mean...." She quickly coughed. "...Took jack and ran off with him, I mean in a there one moment gone the next. Teleportation." The put emphasis on that word to let it sink in.
    The doors burst open, startling everyone in the kitchen. Zaofan turned behind to face Etrina and Chou. "Wait, what?! That was JACK?!"

He turned to Brutus and his crew, his fear dying down and getting replaced with suspicion. "What is going on here? Who are you people?"
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-08-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Brutus would have responded to Chou and Zaofan, but with Etrina bursting in and talking about a waitress, he curses.

“Shit, Macey! Alfredo, Chessy, damn you boys Macey acting up again. I told you to watch her better.”

The two men, about twenty or so and smaller than their father, both pale and start talking over each other over who’s to blame.

Brutus has none of it and simply tears out of there, moving at impressive speed and disappearing out the back kitchen door.

————

Meanwhile, just as Sarada bursts towards Macey, a fist bigger than big slams into her and sends her into the wall near Jack. Brutus stands there, having come out the back door, breathing a bit heavy. He scowls at the situation, then turns to Macey.

“Well girl what you do this time? You draining that boy? What have I told you, Macey Bedlam? Look at him, he’s nearly dry!”

Macey pales and shifts uncomfortably, eyes down.

“Sorry papa. But he was so.....tasty....smelling. His ki, the smoke, the jacket...........”

Brutus shakes his head and looks Sarada and Jack over, standing between them and Macey.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    To be tasked with deciding the groups was ... "Hm."

Ishtar had watched most in their sparring with Kami, and at least understood their capabilities. Who to choose for the tasks over who to lead, was also easier, so in this she could definitely say with some confidence.

"For the infiltration of the stronghold, I would recommend Etrina," a mage of some skill not suited for direct and close combat. "Shiro," unlike her sister she was more suited for mid-to-long range, and more suited for stealth. "Chuan..." in truth the Oni had not seen him fight once since arriving, not even with Kami ... as if avoiding it. The tournament would not suit him. "Kai," he had shielded the others against Nunlil, and as stated himself was not one for combat. He would serve the others well, here. "Karine," the Primogen like Kai, was capable of strong defense. In addition to what she displayed against Kami, the young woman would excel in a group setting over a one-on-one. "Chou," his temperament and willingness to use destructive force made him an ... unwise choice for the tournament. "And finally, Sasheem." He was an oddity as far as combat was concerned, and yet his ability to transmogrify things into cheese was ... Not likely going to apply well anywhere else.

"For the tournament, I would recommend Erosa," the Id was well-suited for direct combat and hungered for such a thing besides. "Midori," where her sister excelled in range, this one excelled close up. "Held," while she was not sure if his weapon would be admitted, the young man was capable unarmed. "Jack," another more suited for the setting of the tournament, and one who would push Sarada that much more by his presence alone. "Slak," as with Held, the aoni was unsure if the staff would be allowed; yet his capacity for mending and general demeanor as well as the presence of Fife ... Would require the Namekian's attendance.

"I believe that should be everyone." Ishtar stated then after she finished her suggestions.

Of course... She had withheld her own name.
    “I see. And yourself? How do you peg yourself, Ishtar?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The doors burst open, startling everyone in the kitchen. Zaofan turned behind to face Etrina and Chou. "Wait, what?! That was JACK?!"

He turned to Brutus and his crew, his fear dying down and getting replaced with suspicion. "What is going on here? Who are you people?"
    Sasheem, calnly sipped his latest order, a tomato based fresh catch seafood soup and looked to Zaofan. "They die?" He asked hopefully, before taking another sip of soup.

Brutus would have responded to Chou and Zaofan, but with Etrina bursting in and talking about a waitress, he curses.

“Shit, Macey! Alfredo, Chessy, damn you boys Macey acting up again. I told you to watch her better.”

The two men, about twenty or so and smaller than their father, both pale and start talking over each other over who’s to blame.

Brutus has none of it and simply tears out of there, moving at impressive speed and disappearing out the back kitchen door.
    "Ah....pifta!" Sasheem deduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh, interesting." Meagan found this news to be fascinating and disturbing, "I think this is an investigation worth pursuing. Lady Kami, I have a suggestion. If you don't mind, I would like you to contact my Mentor, the Mirror Mage. She has traveled extensively through the galaxy and has many contacts. If you can discuss this with her, I think you will find that the both of you can be of help to each other. There isn't much I can do while also being active on the upcoming missions, but if I find anything I will let you know."
    “That is not a bad idea, Meagan. I think I shall do just that.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

————

Meanwhile, just as Sarada bursts towards Macey, a fist bigger than big slams into her and sends her into the wall near Jack. Brutus stands there, having come out the back door, breathing a bit heavy. He scowls at the situation, then turns to Macey.

“Well girl what you do this time? You draining that boy? What have I told you, Macey Bedlam? Look at him, he’s nearly dry!”

Macey pales and shifts uncomfortably, eyes down.

“Sorry papa. But he was so.....tasty....smelling. His ki, the smoke, the jacket...........”

Brutus shakes his head and looks Sarada and Jack over, standing between them and Macey.
    Brutus had virtually disappeared, the back kitchen door flapping furiously. Alfredo and Cheesy similarly followed. Their bursts of speed were enough to flap Zaofan's cape, as he covered his face with his forearms.

He then turned to Etrina and Chou. "Did... did you see that speed?"

Zaofan chased after them, but took a mighty sniff. He stopped short of the kitchen door. "Wait, one more thing."

Brutus and his sons had been working on the second round of orders for the group, piled neatly on the counter in takeout boxes. *BOM!* Zaofan made sure to encapsulate them. He put the capsule away securely. Then he made sure to turn off the oven and all the stove burners. Safety first.

"Okay, let's go!"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post

"Ah....pifta!" Sasheem deduced.
    Zaofan ran out to the back and saw the tail end of the exchange, with Sarada and Jack flanked by Alfredo and Cheesy on one side, and Brutus and Macey on the other. Sasheem stayed by the door, but the look on his face was unmistakable.

“I’m trusting you. Don’t screw this up.”
    Oh, Mr. Pantaloon is not going to be happy...
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-08-2018 at 09:41 AM.