Page 368 of 661 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Even stronger than when you faced him?" The realization hit Zaofan with a bit of dread. And Brutus looked plenty strong to begin with.

"Your boys seem powerful in their own right. And you said they were made of good stock. Do you train them in wrestling as well? And what wrestling style do you use?"

Zaofan took a bite out of a communal plate of, um, slop (but it was SOOOOO GOOOOOOD) before continuing. "To be honest with you, several of us -- myself included, are good striking fighters. But..."

He then flashed back to the Geofront, during the massive 20 person vs. 1 Agent Miras sparring match, in which he, Adam, and Jack simultaneously tried to grapple with the space cop, only to be tossed aside in one fluid motion.

"...we could certainly improve ourselves there. Especially if grappling is a weakness of Battersea's own style. But if I may..."

Zaofan had two more questions, though.

"And I don't mean to sound rude, but, if Battersea cheated when you had the upper hand, why not engage him in a rematch? What made you retire from fighting? You're stronger than us, and we're entering the tournament, regardless."
    “Yeah, don’t do much fightin anymore but I do train my boys. Why I’ve manintained my level to this point. Bedlam style wrestling, my daddy started it fifty years ago and I carry it on. As to Simon, Yeah, he was about my current level back then. Just gotten stronger.”

Brutus sighs and looks down before responding to the rest.

“I stopped because even though my pride took a hit, that day in the tournament, when I had him pinned, I saw his eyes. Understand I’m a tough man, see? Done some bad things, hurt people before. Even killed someone once who broke into my home and went after my wife. But only in self defense. Battersea though.......he’s a stone cold killer. When I looked him in the eyes I knew that if he ever saw me again, to fix his pride at losing, he’d kill me. I’d ‘have an accident’ before I got close to him again, what with his Longshot ki attack and the like. Probably kill my boys and Macey too cause he could if they were around. So no, I stepped out of mainstream fightin and opened up my shops here. Seemed the better decision.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hmph."

With that settled, Sarada ate and paid attention to Brutus. It sounded like he had invaluable information about Battersea's fighting style that she needed to know if she was going to beat him at the tournament.

So far, it sounded like he had long range attacks. "You mean like ki blasts and that sort?"
    “Yeah, ki blasts. Never had an affinity to them myself. But he’s solid up close fist fightin, but his beam game is better. Back then he was just shit at ground game.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "True, I can understand a skeptic...especially one that was been through as much as yourself. But I can assure you you've not likely brought her to the people I know. You have nothing to lose from the venture in any case.....I'll personally cover the transportation there and back again. If we fail, she'll get a small vacation out of it at least....if we succeed.....you'll not have to worry about where she'll get her next fix of ki." Etrina nodded. "We still have dinner of course, so think it over."
    “Hmm, maybe come back later in like a week. Macey still hurt your friend and I’d rather let that simmer down a bit more. That ok, girl?”

Macey nods.

“Yeah dad, I can clear things with a week’s notice.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Kai should not be hard to convince," Ishtar commented. "However I do not know of another... And I do not see any remaining behind willingly." Shrugging again, the Oni deferred to Jinzi.

"Who might you suggest."
    “I’ll have to think on it, but I appreciate your insight so far. I do believe we agree on most of who should go where.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Ah..." Sasheem wiped his forehead and sighed in relief at the fact that his allies would still face potential danger. But there was something else Brutus mentioned that was interesting.

Sasheem pointed at the chef, "Still....strong?" He asked.
    “Well, bout roughly as strong as you lot. Been a bit since I proper ki sensed people, I’m a bit rusty. Seem about on par though.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Kami looks at Asha’rah.

“Are you ready to spar then?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    “Yeah, ki blasts. Never had an affinity to them myself. But he’s solid up close fist fightin, but his beam game is better. Back then he was just shit at ground game.”
    It was too much to hope that he was still had a shit ground offense, but Sarada was willing to try anything. Not to say that she was proficient in the ground, or even average, and four days wasn't enough time to learn anything advanced enough to take him by surprise.

I guess I'll have to improvise if I get him down.

"Is there anything you can show me, something simple I can download if I get him down on the ground?" she asked Brutus. "Maybe some kind of chokehold to make him tap out."

She had an idea, but wanted to see what someone with more experience had to say.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Brutus looks him over, his big head tilted to the side.

“Ain’t got much time. Less than four days till the tourney. I ain’t been a proper fighter in some time, not since my defeat. But I do have something that might help ya. A small thing, a secret only me and mine have.”
    Jack grinned despite the exhausted haze he was in, "We need any edge we can get, I'd appreciate it if you're will willing to teach me."

And I'll just bury this whole...drinking event quietly somewhere in the back of my head, next to any talk of old ki...or familial lines. Right next to all the other crap I'd prefer not to remember.

“Yeah, don’t do much fightin anymore but I do train my boys. Why I’ve manintained my level to this point. Bedlam style wrestling, my daddy started it fifty years ago and I carry it on. As to Simon, Yeah, he was about my current level back then. Just gotten stronger.”

“I stopped because even though my pride took a hit, that day in the tournament, when I had him pinned, I saw his eyes. Understand I’m a tough man, see? Done some bad things, hurt people before. Even killed someone once who broke into my home and went after my wife. But only in self defense. Battersea though.......he’s a stone cold killer. When I looked him in the eyes I knew that if he ever saw me again, to fix his pride at losing, he’d kill me. I’d ‘have an accident’ before I got close to him again, what with his Longshot ki attack and the like. Probably kill my boys and Macey too cause he could if they were around. So no, I stepped out of mainstream fightin and opened up my shops here. Seemed the better decision.”
    "You truly believe Battersea would go after someone who hurts his pride, or those they care about?" Jack asked his eyes flickering to Sarada for just the briefest of moments. Someone willing to do whatever it took to restore their wounded pride had a lot of options, even if they were not as strong as Battersea. Hell Macey had taken him out just a minute ago despite not pinging very high power wise. But the drink, combined with a particular powerset, and pretty blue eyes, and she had beaten him without even throwing a punch.

Now what could Simon Battersea do, with his wealth, artifacts and personal power, if he had a vendetta? "Honestly if he wants to keep his title that badly I'd almost be inclined to let him keep it," Jack sighed, "But it just isn't in the cards."

Jack shrugged, "Simon's just going to have to learn to lose, and live with it." Or not, and I'll put him down if it comes to it. I just won't like it. Jack's eyes flicked to Sarada again and his jaw set.

But I'll do it all the same.

Zaofan's eyes shifted around the table to his friends, before settling back to Brutus and stroking his chin. "It seems so, but. If Simon won, and if you came in third... what about the runner-up? How did this person lose? And has Battersea done anything to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack grinned despite the exhausted haze he was in, "We need any edge we can get, I'd appreciate it if you're will willing to teach me."

And I'll just bury this whole...drinking event quietly somewhere in the back of my head, next to any talk of old ki...or familial lines. Right next to all the other crap I'd prefer not to remember.

"You truly believe Battersea would go after someone who hurts his pride, or those they care about?" Jack asked his eyes flickering to Sarada for just the briefest of moments. Someone willing to do whatever it took to restore their wounded pride had a lot of options, even if they were not as strong as Battersea. Hell Macey had taken him out just a minute ago despite not pinging very high power wise. But the drink, combined with a particular powerset, and pretty blue eyes, and she had beaten him without even throwing a punch.

Now what could Simon Battersea do, with his wealth, artifacts and personal power, if he had a vendetta? "Honestly if he wants to keep his title that badly I'd almost be inclined to let him keep it," Jack sighed, "But it just isn't in the cards."

Jack shrugged, "Simon's just going to have to learn to lose, and live with it." Or not, and I'll put him down if it comes to it. I just won't like it. Jack's eyes flicked to Sarada again and his jaw set.

But I'll do it all the same.
    Zaofan was caught off-guard by Jack's bravado. Of course, he had seen the Gambler in action several times over the past few days, and so much of it was justified. Still, Zaofan sensed that Brutus was out of their league even though he was past his prime; and Battersea was even stronger.

Still, despite -- or even perhaps because -- of his concern for those in the room, Zaofan had to reiterate his support for the Gambler and the Chef. "Jack here is one of a kind. And Battersea is, obviously, terrible all around. It would be great if we could beat him on two-fronts, and both at his own game. One defeat at the tournament, and another to help ensure that there are no reprisals against anyone he's fought. That includes you, too, Chef Brutus."

"I'm not suggesting we kill him or do some sort of horrible punishment, but Battersea has a nasty habit of holding grudges and forcing people to go into hiding, to live in fear." Zaofan then got caught up, to the point where he did a brief impression of Jack: "That ain't no way to live."

Kami looks at Asha’rah.

“Are you ready to spar then?”
    The ancient android bowed.

"I am, Kami."

She considered employing stealth tactics out of the starting gate, but cheating hardly seemed the point of a spar. Instead, she floated serenely with her hands at rest, as serene as a pond before Kami. The silver-streaked lady was by far the strongest person on the planet. After a full day of being rushed by other people attempting to take her off guard, being treated as the challenger ought to throw her off kilter. Of course, she was not idle. Using illusions to disguise her orbs, they orbited in a wide circle around her, ready to spring a trap.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sarada flicked her eyes at Jack and caught him glancing at her. Sounds like Jack is going for the win. That means we'll be going up against each at some point. Well, when that happens, I won't hold back!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    ."I'm not suggesting we kill him or do some sort of horrible punishment, but Battersea has a nasty habit of holding grudges and forcing people to go into hiding, to live in fear." Zaofan then got caught up, to the point where he did a brief impression of Jack: "That ain't no way to live."
    "If he's as prideful as we assume, then he'll stop at nothing to mend his wounded ego," she said sagely. "If you don't plan on killing him, then what do you plan? Injuring him will only allow that thirst for vengeance and retribution to fester, as will imprisonment. Death, or perhaps turning him into a vegetable are the only recourses I can see having lasting results."

Anything less was a half measure. Sarada was, obviously, inclined to kill Battersea -- after she killed him, of course.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The ancient android bowed.

"I am, Kami."

She considered employing stealth tactics out of the starting gate, but cheating hardly seemed the point of a spar. Instead, she floated serenely with her hands at rest, as serene as a pond before Kami. The silver-streaked lady was by far the strongest person on the planet. After a full day of being rushed by other people attempting to take her off guard, being treated as the challenger ought to throw her off kilter. Of course, she was not idle. Using illusions to disguise her orbs, they orbited in a wide circle around her, ready to spring a trap.
    Kami’s Phoenix Skin manifests and her hands start glowing. Thrusting then forward, she unleashed a duel Shotgun Smite, raining ki blasts down on her.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It was too much to hope that he was still had a shit ground offense, but Sarada was willing to try anything. Not to say that she was proficient in the ground, or even average, and four days wasn't enough time to learn anything advanced enough to take him by surprise.

I guess I'll have to improvise if I get him down.

"Is there anything you can show me, something simple I can download if I get him down on the ground?" she asked Brutus. "Maybe some kind of chokehold to make him tap out."

She had an idea, but wanted to see what someone with more experience had to say.
    Brutus nods.

“His left arm. Get it in a lock. He broke it fighting me and I’ve seen his videos afterwards. He favors it just slightly. It’s not quite as flexible and it’s a weak point.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Maybe he wouldn’t go after them after the fact, but if they’d been there? Yeah, he would have killed me and then. As to second place, some women. I don’t recall her name but there was a rumor they were a thing, I remember that.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Brutus walks to a wall and pulls out a brick. He reaches in and pulls out a small metal container, then replaces the brick and walks over to Jack. He slides it over to him.

“Here. To square things up. Takes a lot of time to make that, and only me and my family know. It was going to be Macey’s, but after what she did, it’s yours. Besides, might take me a few years but I can make another.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM