Page 397 of 661 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 9901

Okay that's weird. I sent a message to Cleric's old profile to double check it. Let me know if you get that. I also sent a message to the mods, etc, so hopefully we can get some help there.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Okay that's weird. I sent a message to Cleric's old profile to double check it. Let me know if you get that. I also sent a message to the mods, etc, so hopefully we can get some help there.

I can’t see anything on the old profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I can’t see anything on the old profile.
    Alright, who are you and what have you done with Cleric? Are you Pilaf? Zamasu? Answer us, now!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Well, until I get home and see if the main computer still registers the old profile, have fun killing demons all!

: With That Chou flies through their ranks above, Keeps skewering and chopping up demons as he flew by.:

Midori, seeing the others attacking the six-legged centaur demons, sent her six ki balls toward the horde of demons, with five orbiting around one in the center. As they they got close enough, the split apart and went toward a target of their own. Any attempt to dodge them resulted in the orbs chasing the target until they made contact. As soon as the six balls detonated against their target, Midori began firing her eye beams at the horde while Midori generated six more of the orbs.

Nearby, Shiro reared back with the ki spear in hand and threw it, the others following the thrown one into the horde to pierce and impale anyone unlucky enough to get in the spears way.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Asha'rah nodded to Jack.

"My thanks."

She sent out six orbs in two sets of three, creating a Heaven's Gate barrier on either side of Jack and whoever joined him, protecting the group's flanks and funneling the demons into a killing zone.
    Jack breathed in and out slowly as the horde that Ash'arah funneled towards him got closer and closer.

He took one last drag from his cigarette before letting it fall to ground, stomping out the last bit of flame as he did so.

The ki in his body stopped flowing freely though his form once more, freezing up and reinforcing his bones, organs, and muscles. Without the calming effects of nicotine flowing through Jack's system, all that was left was the blood, adrenaline, and memories surging through his system like some raging maelstrom. His eyes gleamed with pure, murderous intent, and a desire to take out all his frustrations on the nearest target.

And here came the targets.

The first took a knife to the throat, and with a wrenching of that same weapon the head was sent flying high into the air. The second charged in, only to be beaten down by a flurry of stabs to its abdomen leaving it looking like piece of swiss cheese that had been doused in a glass of red wine. The third was swept from its legs only to have its skull crushed underfoot.

And on and on it went, chitinous plates smashed and shredded, tails striking only to return spikeless and hemorrhaging blood and ichor amongst their brethren. Carnage, horrible and glorious spread among the demons ranks. Family and former gang members, mentors and succubi all fell under Jack's flashing blades like chaff before the w---

Wait...no...that last bit wasn't right.

Jack hastily flipped back from the bloodbath he was enacted towards the rest of the group, a lit cigarette finding its way to his mouth.

Maybe let's not do that for awhile... Jack thought as he shuddered at how the hard shells of the demons had melted to soft flesh, and familiar faces beneath his killing blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack breathed in and out slowly as the horde that Ash'arah funneled towards him got closer and closer.

He took one last drag from his cigarette before letting it fall to ground, stomping out the last bit of flame as he did so.

The ki in his body stopped flowing freely though his form once more, freezing up and reinforcing his bones, organs, and muscles. Without the calming effects of nicotine flowing through Jack's system, all that was left was the blood, adrenaline, and memories surging through his system like some raging maelstrom. His eyes gleamed with pure, murderous intent, and a desire to take out all his frustrations on the nearest target.

The first took a knife to the throat, and with a wrenching of that same weapon the head was sent flying high into the air. The second charged in, only to be beaten down by a flurry of stabs to its abdomen leaving it looking like piece of swiss cheese that had been doused in a glass of red wine. The third was swept from its legs only to have its skull crushed underfoot.

And on and on it went, chitinous plates smashed and shredded, tails striking only to return spikeless and hemorrhaging blood and ichor amongst their brethren. Carnage, horrible and glorious spread among the demons ranks.

~snip~

Jack hastily flipped back from the bloodbath he was enacted towards the rest of the group, a lit cigarette finding its way to his mouth.

Maybe let's not do that for awhile... Jack thought as he shuddered at how the hard shells of the demons had melted to soft flesh, and familiar faces beneath his killing blows.
    Smacking a centaur across the face with his bo staff, Zaofan was taken aback by the sheer savagery of Jack the Gambler, though he knew no better of where it came from. But still, it was enough to cause Zaofan to say verbally rather than over the mental link, "So THAT's what we're doing now, is it? Well, alright." Misinterpreting Jack's ferocity, Zaofan took that as a sign and permission to dole out as much pain as he could.

He shot a quick beam of optic energy so that the ends of his bo staff glowed red. He removed his weighted cape to grant him more speed and mobility, and threw the cape into a centaur's face, firing a glowing slash across the centaur's face. Then he *really* went to work.

Running from the side and behind Jack, Zaofan parried, blocked, twirled his staff around their swords, his feet dancing over their blades, as in a flurry of strikes and parries and sword blocks he struck their chests, guts, faces, swinging the bo staff up to hit one square in the chin. Double handed spins, blocking strikes aimed for his back, bending low and spinning the bo like a helicopter blade, he maintained his whirlwind assault while running, making sure to keep an eye on their deadly bladed tails. Each blow upon their flesh bursting with a heavy THUD sound, every sword clanging against the Katchin bo staff.

Running up against a wall of a half-dozen centaurs, he decided to try something new: combining the speed and accuracy of the Rekan Geki with his mighty staff Bojack, stabbing repeatedly the six centaurs over and over again and slamming their joints, dozens and dozens of strikes hitting key muscle and joint areas. "AAAAAA-TATATATATATATATATA!"

And, grabbing hold of one end of the bo staff, he took a mighty slash to the left, the staff swinging his body to the side, and then slashed just as powerfully to the right, bringing his body back to its starting position. "WAAAA-TAAAAAA!" The six centaurs were sent flying, painfully.
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-12-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Then Chou got a idea. He extends and enlarged his arm, does one massive karate job that crushes a colum of the things. Pain results due to sharp buts, but then his healing kicks in to push them out as he retracts his am.:

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Then Chou got a idea. He extends and enlarged his arm, does one massive karate job that crushes a colum of the things. Pain results due to sharp buts, but then his healing kicks in to push them out as he retracts his am.:
    Taking a moment to catch his breath from the Rekan Geki, Zaofan saw Chou smash down a whole lotta centaurs. Telepathically via the mental link, he reached out, "Chou... I hate to bring up old wounds, but when the time comes, we might need you to do to them what you did to Ishtar. Do you think you could teleport into the horde, detonate on them, and teleport right back when the time is right?"

He then reached out to the rest of the group telepathically: "You don't suppose these creatures have a general or a queen, do you?"

“ I can do one better. My new power level with a fresh Construct and Dragon Orb install? I could hit them with a attack twice that if my power level. Since I can go times two. And in that case we need to bait them to blast zone. I do not want to kill anyone.”

All of this in group broad band telepathy.

These Daemons were familiar- not from their assault on Earth those thousand years ago- but another where, another when. And as she was now, Ishtar did not care if this was all in her head, or the result of the queer room of whites, and golds, and greys. What this Infernal Horde had to offer was pain; and the golden-eyed Oni was more than happy to return the favor.

Unable to fire to torrents of energy like some of the others, Ishtar was forced to rely on generating massive amounts of energy and expelling it on impact- akin to a shotgun- from various contact points on her body. This required physical contact, of course, and so her plan from the outset had been relatively simple: close the distance and engage. Bristling with energy however, her intent was not to connect with a single enemy, and hidden as she was she was afforded the time to select her target carefully.

Before she could follow through, however, Ishtar felt a familiar needle in her mind as the Namekian forged his link.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    'Okay,' she broadcast to the others, 'I'm going in to try something. Someone cover me!'
    Sarada wished for assistance in cover. And while they stood on opposite sides of the battlefield, it was an opportunity that Ishtar could provide easily enough.

'The advance at your backs will be handled shortly, please do not approach on this side.' A response broadcast for all across the mental link... and as much an offer of aid, as it was a warning.

Mindful of the position of those others engaged in direct combat- Erosa and Adam-The golden-eyed Oni gave everyone the time necessary to act upon the warning that had been given. And after several seconds of silence; the Oni reappeared amongst the Daemonic Horde.

Aša Vahišta.

Her left fist erupting in golden flame once more, Ishtar lashed out; yet instead of striking one of the six-legged aberrations directly, her blow impacted the ground at their feet to immediate effect.

CRACK

With a sound that echoed in the air of the mental landscape, the ground beneath Ishtar buckled and warped as spiderweb quickly spread underneath the Daemons from the impact point. And with another word, Druj, the Oni disappeared again. Only for the ground to erupt the moment she vanished, the initial explosion consuming those in the immediate radius while the now nonexistent ground proceeded to swallow up the rest for several meters around.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 03-12-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Dohoho!" Sasheem laughs as his Samehada bisect several of the demons in two, hand on his stomach. "!!" He turned around, instantly alerted by several more, beginning to surround him. More on the way. He glanced from side to side. Even if he slipped under the ground, the red be more to deal with their number endless.

Maybe he could hide beneath the ground and bide his time, before launching another ki attack. Or maybe he could try taking them hand to hand. That spar with Koorimaru had reminded him that..Sasheem could've sworn he had a technique for this...

"Sir, about our new...employee," the human on the phone began to speak, nervously eying the Majin in front of him, who was currently enjoying a slice of toast with a spread of raspberry jam.

"Ah, how goes Sasheem's training? He'll make a decent assassin yet..." replied to him on the other end of the line, loud enough to be audible to everyone in the room. "Master Toast able to put him through the paces?"

"Master Toast...he may have pushed Sasheem too hard..." the nervous human replied slowly.

"Well...let me speak to him, to Toast. Is he around?" The voice responded.

"He's....he's toast, sir."

"Sasheem killed him?!"

"Well, that's.....I mean...yes."

"I see. Well, it seems our friend is a great deal more powerful than we thought. I trust that you're keeping him well fed?"

"Yes, sir," the nervous human replied as a waiter handed Sasheem a bowl of fruit. "I'm not sure we should-"

"Clearly we were underestimating what an asset this creatu-...I mean our friend can be to us. Master Toast was good, but unnecessary. A teacher of the uninitated into the art of killing. Of he can be bested by Sasheem, then he's more than your run of the mill monster. He needs training from the best. Send him to Coral Canyon.

"To the Snake Mistress?!" The nervous human exclaimed. "Boss...sir, she...You want him to become MORE of a menace?!"

"Ah?!" At this Sasheem, had perked his ears. More of what?

"We'll keep him fed and well. The Snake Mistress will keep him fed too. Her people's soups are legendary," the boss continued.

"Oh!" Sasheem interjected.

"And unlike the unfortunate Master Toast here, I'm certain she won't get herself killed so easily. She and all of her students are a cautious bunch. I learned from the best after alll, heheh."
    Right, the Snake School. If there was any group of humans who's company Sasheem truly greatly enjoyed it was theirs. Shame things ended the way they did.

"Traitorous creature! Our school our legacy..."
    With hilarity.

"Haha..." Sasheem laughed to himself, reminiscing about the good old days...only for a hoover to slam onto his back. "Oofa!" Sasheem shouted as he swam through the earth to avoid the impact of hitting it.

No time for reminiscing now...or rather, it was, but only to remember whatever lost technique he was trying to utilize.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "A defensive game alone won't work." Meagan called down, "But until we know their strengths and weakness we're just waiting to be taken out." She looked around, "What are these creatures?"
    Meagan suggested proactive measures, and Asha'rah was inclined to agree.

"Demons. Fast, strong, and liable to bury you under the weight of their charge if you let them. You're our best flyer, Meagan. Perhaps you could scout ahead and warn us if greater demons lie ahead?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori, seeing the others attacking the six-legged centaur demons, sent her six ki balls toward the horde of demons, with five orbiting around one in the center. As they they got close enough, the split apart and went toward a target of their own. Any attempt to dodge them resulted in the orbs chasing the target until they made contact. As soon as the six balls detonated against their target, Midori began firing her eye beams at the horde while Midori generated six more of the orbs.

Nearby, Shiro reared back with the ki spear in hand and threw it, the others following the thrown one into the horde to pierce and impale anyone unlucky enough to get in the spears way.
    As Asha'rah felt the group mind link form and its constituents go into battle, she noticed Midori and Shiro reunited, each using new ranged techniques. Shiro summoned a small arsenal of ki spears, launching them as javelins to skewer her targets, each attack having far greater piercing power than the average ki blast. And Midori...her technique looked downright familiar. A half dozen glowing orbs of ki surrounded her, which she seemed to direct through her own will. They hurtled forward in formation, then split and sought out targets of their own, chasing them down and blowing them apart.

"What a divine technique, Midori." Asha'rah said, her tone carrying the amusement of self-awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

And on and on it went, chitinous plates smashed and shredded, tails striking only to return spikeless and hemorrhaging blood and ichor amongst their brethren. Carnage, horrible and glorious spread among the demons ranks. Family and former gang members, mentors and succubi all fell under Jack's flashing blades like chaff before the w---

A change overcome Jack as his cigarette fall. His mood darkened and his muscles tightened. He tore into the demons with wrath in his eyes, personal hurt long since twisted into uncontrollable rage. Jack had said he walked a path of redemption. Had those he'd left behind let their chance slip by?

Surrounded by the bodies of his enemies, Jack abruptly snapped back, remembering himself long enough to retreat and retrieve another cigarette. The deathstick instantly calmed him down, and Asha'rah found herself wondering if it was a placebo effect. Normally, nicotine neither entered nor left the human body that quickly.

"Your strength has grown Jack. Have you been working out?"

Asha'rah made a show of cracking her knuckles as she stepped forward, though her fingers of course lacked the ligaments to mimic such sounds. As more demons climbed over their fallen brethren, her body began to exude a dark violet aura. Wisps escaped here and there, promising oblivion to all who touched it. She speared the first one with a lunging Chang Quan fist, and part of its torso simply disappeared. She dodged a sword swing and swept the legs from another, and it collapsed missing a half dozen knees. She timed her attacks to build upon Jack's work, killing demons so their bodies fell upon the corpses of those who came before them. Each layer added another layer of difficulty for the demons behind to cross, killing their momentum as they were forced to climb upon their own dead to get to Asha'rah. She thus had ample time to maim them as they arrived, further adding to the growing pile. Before long, she had erected a makeshift barricade of demon bodies, stemming the tide at the choke point for the moment.

It could definitely still use work, but I think I'm regaining the hang of this.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 03-12-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Totoma watched the others do their work, though he himself hadn't moved since their arrival. This scenario...

It felt real, yet... logically, Kami wouldn't send her champions into a situation like this while they were still green, and it was awfully convenient that a crapton of these demons just so happened to be converging on their location minutes after their arrival. The entire thing screamed "not real" to him.

Boring.

Finally, he moved, slowly walking over to a boulder that was roughly in the middle of the group, jumping onto it, and sitting down. he propped his head up on his hand and just... watched the others continue their fight.

After a moment, he spoke, to someone that seemingly wasn't there: "Hey miss Kami, can you hear me? I want to up the stakes for myself with this exercise."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 03-12-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.