Page 414 of 661 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    As promised by Koorimaru, Battersea appears 30 ft up, a lance of dark energy courtesy of Karine shattering against him.

Only to then be engulfed by a Dragon Shot from Slak and and an Optic Beam from Zaofan. This hurts him and as he falls and catches himself, he is beset by Midori and Shiro. Alongside Ishtar briefly, they bat away the statue and Erosa rays it as an audible sound of breaking is heard as Chou’s massive haymaker breaks the bad arm.

He leaps away, blinded suddenly by Zaofan’s Ruby attack and is unable to stop Sasheem’s super punch, which causes him to fly backwards into a boulder. He leaps up just in time to avoid Adam slicing at his legs but this leaves him open as Meagan bonds him with her cloak, bringing him down just as Held’s spear punches through. The ki in it sends massive vibrations through his body and Battersea screams, blood pouring from the wound.

Desperate, he flares his ki enough to push Meagan’s cloak off of him and he attempts to super leap away and get some distance between him and the group.
    Asha'rah's orbs were waiting overhead, whirling around an extended Heaven's Gate barrier barring his exit. Not that he would see it - they flew behind an illusion, appearing to Battersea as no more than the sky from which he sought momentary safety. With any luck, he would smash himself face first into the energy shield.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Caught and held by Ishtar, the combined salvo of attacks blast him out of her grip and into the air, Jack’s knife in his shoulder.

He smashes into Asha’rah’s barriers, an audible breaking sound heard, and then as he falls is hit in the head by Sasheem’s toilet.

Battersea’s body fades away as soon as it hits the ground, defeated.

Battersea just stole the dragon statue and killed the dragon monks. This was him at a weaker state, shortly after winning his first tournament. He is more powerful still.’

It fades away and they wake up. Tired, a bit sore, but no wounds. Evening has already fallen. They have been in the mental realm for hours.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma took a deep breath and closed his eyes. To say he was nervous about having his mind tampered with, even in this subtle sort of way, was... an understatement. But, really, it was... pretty much like taking a happy pill made of psychic energy, wasn't it?

There'd probably be fewer side-effects than doping himself up on meds, at least.
    OOC: Reposting in case you missed it, Cleric.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Kami smiles sadly as she places her hands on Totoma’s face, a tear falling from her eye.

He couldn’t know what he asked of her, but what was one more sin compared to what she had done? One more universal law to break. For tampering with a sentient’s mind like this was abominable, especially for a Guardian, but she would do it to help him.

And so she did. Slowly, she cut away the grief, the survivor’s guilt, the negativity and pain. He would remember the loss, but not be smothered by it. She cut away as he had requested and emphasized the good memories, the happiness. Karine was a focal point, as was his training with his mother and his father’s bakery. Slowly she peeled away and cut out the blinding rage and left Totoma a better person, one able to move on and be what he was supposed to be.

And since she couldn’t leave the dark things she cut away, like the sin eater’s of old, she took his pain and grief into herself. Retracting her hands, she nods and kisses him briefly in the forehead, a rush of warm flooding him.

“You are whole. You are who you should be.”

She leaves him, and maybe he notices a slight hitch in her walk. She goes to her room and closes the door, before violently throwing up. She collapses into her bed and curls into a ball, tears streaming down her face and body shaking as his dark memories and pain and rage and sorrow cut away at her as she tries to absorb it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Caught and held by Ishtar, the combined salvo of attacks blast him out of her grip and into the air, Jack’s knife in his shoulder.

He smashes into Asha’rah’s barriers, an audible breaking sound heard, and then as he falls is hit in the head by Sasheem’s toilet.

Battersea just stole the dragon statue and killed the dragon monks. This was him at a weaker state, shortly after winning his first tournament. He is more powerful still.’

It fades away and they wake up. Tired, a bit sore, but no wounds. Evening has already fallen. They have been in the mental realm for hours.
    Charco was disappointed.

Not so much with the training method, in fact, he thought it was effective. No, rather he was disappointed that he only got a taste of each fight, but was unable to get enough to satisfy him.

"So...how'd we do?" He asked Kami.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco was disappointed.

Not so much with the training method, in fact, he thought it was effective. No, rather he was disappointed that he only got a taste of each fight, but was unable to get enough to satisfy him.

"So...how'd we do?" He asked Kami.
    A mental whisper comes to him.

‘You all did amazingly well. Forgive me, I am tired. I was going to have one more scenario featuring Fife, but that can be done tomorrow. I would suggest you all eat and get some sleep as well. You were in the mental battlegrounds for almost dawn to dusk.’
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The new transport Adam called for Ninzinpops open, and a somewhat burned and oil covered Jinzi approached when Ishtar leaves the room. In his hands her replacement arm.

“Nunlil helped with manipulation of the shards you gave me, so this should be ready now, Ishtar.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A mental whisper comes to him.

‘You all did amazingly well. Forgive me, I am tired. I was going to have one more scenario featuring Fife, but that can be done tomorrow. I would suggest you all eat and get some sleep as well. You were in the mental battlegrounds for almost dawn to dusk.’
    Hearing this, Meagan suddenly felt exhausted and very, very ... sad? Maybe it was the tone of Kami's voice, but she just felt it. Skipping food, she headed to her bed without speaking to anyone and then just collapsed into it.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-14-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Held grunted slightly as he forced his eyes open, yawning as he saw the familiar room of the tower.

What a day...I've been sleeping all day, but I feel even more exhausted than when I went in...That's some training method.

Rising slowly to his feet, the Nevadian yawned, raising his arms in a wide stretch.

"That was certainly interesting." Held said at last, plopping back onto the bed with a weary exhale.

“ Damn Kami, I hope your well. Is this Totoma related?”

He did feel a small tinge if pride. He did not nuke any team mate, he was a shield in the fire city, and broke that shadow of Batterseas arm. He gave command and it worked. Was this what’s it’s like, being a leader?

As he got up slowly to his make shift fire pit and gets to work, cooking up something good.:

“ Any of you want anything? Making fire ball eggs.” As he then was curious, if anyone would join him.

As with the Tulpa, it was over very soon, and then just as quickly as the transition from the fallen and familiar city to the sun-baked desert had been; they were out. Stretching quickly, Ishtar rose to her feet and glanced around at the others. Totoma was not in sight, likely the result of whatever Kami had in store for the boy ... and yet the guardian herself was absent. Strange considering the nature of the training that occurred today, and sure that the young Kami would have at least waited to speak with them until after they had finished; the Oni reached out with her mind and finding the woman; made contact.

'Is everything alright?'

A response comes before her own question can be answered however.

Considering the words for a moment, the golden-eyed Oni reached out once more.

'Yesterday you were energized, yet today acting as simply mentor; you are exhausted ... Is there something you would wish to discuss?' The question filtered through to Kami, softly. 'Or at the very least, something I can do to assist?'
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Fantastic Member

The new transport Adam called for Ninzinpops open, and a somewhat burned and oil covered Jinzi approached when Ishtar leaves the room. In his hands her replacement arm.

“Nunlil helped with manipulation of the shards you gave me, so this should be ready now, Ishtar.”
    “Speaking of our new ally, I believe she’d mentioned she would make the attempt to negotiate with her former ally, the Vitalmancer.” Koorimaru reminded Jinzi, “I trust we have an answer as to whether he is willing to bargain with us.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As with the Tulpa, it was over very soon, and then just as quickly as the transition from the fallen and familiar city to the sun-baked desert had been; they were out. Stretching quickly, Ishtar rose to her feet and glanced around at the others. Totoma was not in sight, likely the result of whatever Kami had in store for the boy ... and yet the guardian herself was absent. Strange considering the nature of the training that occurred today, and sure that the young Kami would have at least waited to speak with them until after they had finished; the Oni reached out with her mind and finding the woman; made contact.

'Is everything alright?'

A response comes before her own question can be answered however.

Considering the words for a moment, the golden-eyed Oni reached out once more.

'Yesterday you were energized, yet today acting as simply mentor; you are exhausted ... Is there something you would wish to discuss?' The question filtered through to Kami, softly. 'Or at the very least, something I can do to assist?'
    Kami remains silent, though Ishtar gets a sense of...pain. Sadness.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Like that, their training is over. Slak cuts the psychic link between them as it is no longer needed. Kami leaves, obviously tired from controlling the simulation. All in all, things had gone well enough.

Yet Slak feels no joy at the moment.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    “Speaking of our new ally, I believe she’d mentioned she would make the attempt to negotiate with her former ally, the Vitalmancer.” Koorimaru reminded Jinzi, “I trust we have an answer as to whether he is willing to bargain with us.”
    Jinzi nods to Etrina.

“I believe she is amenable.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM