Page 420 of 661 FirstFirst ... 320370410416417418419420421422423424430470520 ... LastLast
Results 6,286 to 6,300 of 9901
    Retired Overlord

“The Lookout does have a magic proofed room.”, Nunlil says as she walks up.
    "The Security is welcome....but that's not the issue." Etrina crossed her arms and let out an overwhelming sigh. "Lets assume for a moment I allow this negotiation to happen.....the man is dangerous. Any deal we make will inevitably lead to giving him more freedom....and more freedom will inevitably lead to more people ending up like the ones in Dusk City the moment our backs are turned. There aren't even any more records of the type of magic he uses....I can't develop countermeasures for a school of magic that's nearly extinct as far as I know."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "The Security is welcome....but that's not the issue." Etrina crossed her arms and let out an overwhelming sigh. "Lets assume for a moment I allow this negotiation to happen.....the man is dangerous. Any deal we make will inevitably lead to giving him more freedom....and more freedom will inevitably lead to more people ending up like the ones in Dusk City the moment our backs are turned. There aren't even any more records of the type of magic he uses....I can't develop countermeasures for a school of magic that's nearly extinct as far as I know."
    “But no harm can come from simply speaking to him while he is powerless in the room. He could have information you need.”, Nunlil says.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

OOC: Reposting for great justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Enough.”

Nunlil’s voice reaches out.

“It was between Totoma and Kami. They alone are the arbiters of what happened. I doubt your guardian would have so easily agreed if it was not necessary.”

She tilts her head and looks at Totoma.

“Your aura is no longer poisoned. Your ki no longer stinks of grief. Good.”
    Totoma was about to respond to Shiro, as, well, he respected her as a hero, but then... Nunlil intervened, and his attention immediately shifted to the Oni. Because how often did one get a chance to interact with a seven foot-tall oni with...

Holy ****, those abs. Did this woman just spend all of her free-time doing crunches or something? He actually sort of wanted to ask her about her workout routine.

He grinned. "Yep. Gotta say, it's... euphoric, though I figure that may just be since it was so recent. Or maybe I just need to get used to not feeling like a lump of meat all the time."

Totoma held out his fist for a fistbump. "Anyway, we may have been enemies a short while ago, but you've more than proven yourself. Up for a spar within the next few days? You, ah, look pretty damn strong."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

“But no harm can come from simply speaking to him while he is powerless in the room. He could have information you need.”, Nunlil says.
    "Information that her certainly won't give up willingly...." Etrina paused, mulling it over. "........No, not willingly........" Her frown intensified for a moment before she finally let out a deep breath. ".....fine....but if it turns to negotiations, I hold the right to refuse or add my own terms to any arraignment, understood?"

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    OOC: Reposting for great justice.

Totoma was about to respond to Shiro, as, well, he respected her as a hero, but then... Nunlil intervened, and his attention immediately shifted to the Oni. Because how often did one get a chance to interact with a seven foot-tall oni with...

Holy ****, those abs. Did this woman just spend all of her free-time doing crunches or something? He actually sort of wanted to ask her about her workout routine.

He grinned. "Yep. Gotta say, it's... euphoric, though I figure that may just be since it was so recent. Or maybe I just need to get used to not feeling like a lump of meat all the time."

Totoma held out his fist for a fistbump. "Anyway, we may have been enemies a short while ago, but you've more than proven yourself. Up for a spar within the next few days? You, ah, look pretty damn strong."
    “After I spar with Ishtar, sure.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Information that her certainly won't give up willingly...." Etrina paused, mulling it over. "........No, not willingly........" Her frown intensified for a moment before she finally let out a deep breath. ".....fine....but if it turns to negotiations, I hold the right to refuse or add my own terms to any arraignment, understood?"
    “I believe that is acceptable.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

“I believe that is acceptable.”
    “Then I’ll fetch the urn and bring it to the room....I’ll leave the rest in your hands...” Etrina nodded an acknowledgement and ventured off to retrieve the urn.

*given at this point but all aboard he wants aboard.*

He smiles, nods, then steps over to a work cot and passes out from exhaustion.
    Ishtar watches as the well-meaning genius staggers over to the bed and passes out from exhaustion. Sleep well deserved, after the week and three days he has suffered. Standing up slowly, the Oni makes sure to tuck the young man in before stepping out of the transport. Her body was tired, and mind heavy ... and yet she did not think she would be capable of sleep this night. At the very least, she would check up on the others ...

And on Totoma in particular.

“After I spar with Ishtar, sure.”
    It was not hard to find the boy, staring as he was at Nunlil's abdominal muscles. Though considering the state of them ... such gawking was warranted. She made no comment towards either however, until the larger Oni spoke of the sparring that had been planned for this morning.

"I had planned for our lesson to begin today but ... the events of the day lasted longer than intended." Ishtar commented as she approached, the work done by Jinzi in fitting her with the new arm easily apparent considering the state and shape of it. Not to mention she seemed somewhat haggard, eyes tired and slightly puffy and shoulders slumped as if burdened by something.

"Though I suspect I shall not be sleeping anytime soon, I am willing whenever you wish it of me, Cousin."

“Then I’ll fetch the urn and bring it to the room....I’ll leave the rest in your hands...” Etrina nodded an acknowledgement and ventured off to retrieve the urn.

*given at this point but all aboard he wants aboard.*
    Glancing at whom else was with the the boy and her cousin then- Etrina, though she was departing- she waved, weakly.

"Etrina. Totoma ..."

Looking at him curious the Oni then asks.

"How do you fare?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    While Karine talked, Shiro suddenly seemed to fall unconcious. She rushed over to catch them before they hit the ground, a concerned look on her face. She wasn't a biological being so she wasn't sure what was wrong with her. "It can wait, I need to take her to Jinzi."

If anyone would know, it would be him. Otherwise, she wasn't sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam moves next to Karine, breaking Shiro's fall. "What happened?"
    "........"

Erosa stalked over and knelt down next to Shiro, examining her quietly. "....Erosa sorry.......Not help. Erosa......only want to help....Green bot be sad if White bot sad...."
    As they examined the unconscious gynoid, Midori literally came screaming onto the scene, flying as fast as she could toward them like a comet. She was going so fast she barely managed to stop herself from slamming full-force into the floor, stopping barely a foot above it.

Righting herself, she looked around in undisguised worry as she asked "SHIRO! Where are you?! Are you-" She stopped completely as she caught sight of her sister laying limply in Karine's arm. All at once, the worry drained from her body, replaced by a burning rage as she glared at them all.

"What happened?! What did you do to her?!" She asked, hands clenching and unclenching as her eyes darted from Shiro to a random person and back again.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Shiro turned her attention on Erosa, feeling a sudden urge to yell a wide assortment of profanities at her, because what did Erosa know about how she felt? But she didn't because it wasn't in her nature. That thought caused her to think of something: was that truly her 'nature', or was it something programmed into her by Dr. Nijimoto? How much of her personality came from herself, and how much of it was programmed? Was her love of trashy romance novels something she developed, or did Dr. Nijimoto program it into her? And her love of her sister Midori, was that real or did Dr. Nijimoto plant it into her programming?

Reaching up and grabbing her head, she squeezed her eyes shut as those thoughts and more like it flooded her mind, tears flowing down her cheeks as she dropped to her knees. Shuddering violently, she let out a piercing scream as doubts and fears about herself and her autonomy threatened to overwhelm her. Her eyes snapped open as she did the only thing she could think of before they overwhelmed her: she 'shut' herself off. Her pupils shrunk to pinpricks as she collapsed lifelessly to the ground.
    "........"

Erosa stalked over and knelt down next to Shiro, examining her quietly. "....Erosa sorry.......Not help. Erosa......only want to help....Green bot be sad if White bot sad...."
    "You did just fine, Erosa."

Asha'rah floated over, stroking the Id's back to reassure her. She eyed Shiro's catatonic state warily.

"I was watching. You did just fine. Nothing you could have known to say would have prevented this. Whatever is plaguing Shiro is deeply personal, much as was what plagued Totoma. But alas, now is the time for action."

She sat down at an angle in front of Shiro, taking the pale android's left hand gently in her own.

"Erosa, would you help me find Midori? It would help if she joined us for th-."

But there was no need. Scarcely had the words left her mouth did Midori come charging onto the scene. She was reliable like that - it was charming, in its way.

As they examined the unconscious gynoid, Midori literally came screaming onto the scene, flying as fast as she could toward them like a comet. She was going so fast she barely managed to stop herself from slamming full-force into the floor, stopping barely a foot above it.

Righting herself, she looked around in undisguised worry as she asked "SHIRO! Where are you?! Are you-" She stopped completely as she caught sight of her sister laying limply in Karine's arm. All at once, the worry drained from her body, replaced by a burning rage as she glared at them all.

"What happened?! What did you do to her?!" She asked, hands clenching and unclenching as her eyes darted from Shiro to a random person and back again.
    "Shiro did this to herself, Midori. Something plagues her, something that Totoma's recent adventures triggered. I have my suspicions, but I aim to confirm why."

She looked up, extending her free hand to Midori.

"Would you join us?"

She turned to Erosa.

"Erosa, I would appreciate your insight as well, should you wish to provide it."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 03-15-2018 at 07:32 PM.

“After we interview the Vitalmancer, cousin. We can test out your new arm.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Adam glances at Midori, but her sister held it's attention. "Related somehow to Totoma's inability to handle his own inadequacies. I believe I can repair her, I am familiar with your systems."

Unlike inside, the wind out on the lookout felt good against his skin, most likely because he had calmed down by that point. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as the refreshing air gave him enough energy to carry on.

He had to find Zaofan, or someone who knew where he was. That was his only connection to the knowledge of where the food was kept here.

The hunt was on.

-----

OOC: Charco is now open for business- I mean, character interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Unlike inside, the wind out on the lookout felt good against his skin, most likely because he had calmed down by that point. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as the refreshing air gave him enough energy to carry on.

He had to find Zaofan, or someone who knew where he was. That was his only connection to the knowledge of where the food was kept here.

The hunt was on.

-----

OOC: Charco is now open for business- I mean, character interaction.
    OOC: If you are looking for food, the kitchen is the place to be.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    "You did just fine, Erosa."

Asha'rah floated over, stroking the Id's back to reassure her. She eyed Shiro's catatonic state warily.

"I was watching. You did just fine. Nothing you could have known to say would have prevented this. Whatever is plaguing Shiro is deeply personal, much as was what plagued Totoma. But alas, now is the time for action."

She sat down at an angle in front of Shiro, taking the pale android's left hand gently in her own.

"Erosa, would you help me find Midori? It would help if she joined us for th-."

But there was no need. Scarcely had the words left her mouth did Midori come charging onto the scene. She was reliable like that - it was charming, in its way.

"Shiro did this to herself, Midori. Something plagues her, something that Totoma's recent adventures triggered. I have my suspicions, but I aim to confirm why."

She looked up, extending her free hand to Midori.

"Would you join us?"

She turned to Erosa.

"Erosa, I would appreciate your insight as well, should you wish to provide it."
    “Gao..” Erosa nodded enthusiastically. “White bot is friend...want to help.”