Page 451 of 661 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine shifted a bit, feeling a mixed of awkward and something else at those words. Totoma wasn't saying..we'll she wasn't entirely sure but she was positive he was speaking in general. In all the time she had known him even in his teenager years she had never noticed him take much interest in the opposite sex like most young men around his age.

Then again...

Her thought process stopped a moment when Totoma said. The initial thought of 'what are you talking about' phased to figuring out what he meant until she figured out the gist of what he was getting at. "Jinzi? Do cell phones work up here or maybe some other device? I need to get into contact with my family just in case."

Okay. She wasn't touching the Adam thing. At all. Jack on the other hand..

So someone was stressed or jealous. Judging by the chemistry Sarada and Jack had she assumed partially there was a 'thing' going on, though if it was Karine was unsure along all what lines. "..Are you all right?" Hopefully this wouldn't lead to issues later, but that was a thing they both had to work out for themselves.
    "Yeah I'm fine. " Jack smiled at Karine as he slowly puthe knife away. "Probably just haunted or something..."
    Karine was such a kind soul with such huge... caring. Why Totoma had not married her yet was a mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada noticed Jack stabbing the wall for some reason and frowned. Could he still be feeling the after-effects of his dream from last night?

"Hey, you cool?" she asked him quietly.
    "Yeah, just... I don't know," Jack frowned.

Haunted, mentally breaking down? I am not alright.

But I can deal.

Jack smiled at Sarada, "Don't worry girl, I'll be fine. Probably just antsy to get to fighting."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “So, Ishtar talked with me about teams and who would be going where. Evangeline and I have our own list, but if you have a preference, tell us now. Three teams: raid on the base, tournament, and a reserve team in case of emergencies. Nunlil, Ishtar, and Ronin Kai have opted to stay here as reserve, that way we have teleportation, healing, and muscle if needs be.”
    "I believe I would be most suitable either for the raid or to be kept in reserve for a crucial moment." Asha'rah said, bowing slightly, "I shall serve where I am most needed."

He does not bother discussing about the flirting, as he was in no mood to joke around or speak. Just wants this day to be over with. The sooner he gets to cut loose, the better.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan face palmed, "Dear goddess, save us from these hyperactively hormonal adolescents." She then turned to Sarada, "If you really can't keep your pants on, you had better be the one in control of the situation. Better to be the lure for the trap, not the victim."
    "They don't do sarcasm on Chroma, do they, Meagan?" Sarada asked dryly. "Clearly, I was joking. I have myself under control. Younger Saiyans tend to have better self-control than the older Saiyans you probably learned about."

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

But I can deal.

Jack smiled at Sarada, "Don't worry girl, I'll be fine. Probably just antsy to get to fighting."
    She smiled softly and patted him on the shoulder. "If that's the case, then I'd be more than happy to help with that. It's about time for us to fight again, isn't it? I saw you have a few new techniques you've developed over the last few days."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine shifted a bit, feeling a mixed of awkward and something else at those words. Totoma wasn't saying..we'll she wasn't entirely sure but she was positive he was speaking in general. In all the time she had known him even in his teenager years she had never noticed him take much interest in the opposite sex like most young men around his age.

Then again...

Her thought process stopped a moment when Totoma said. The initial thought of 'what are you talking about' phased to figuring out what he meant until she figured out the gist of what he was getting at. "Jinzi? Do cell phones work up here or maybe some other device? I need to get into contact with my family just in case."

Okay. She wasn't touching the Adam thing. At all. Jack on the other hand..

So someone was stressed or jealous. Judging by the chemistry Sarada and Jack had she assumed partially there was a 'thing' going on, though if it was Karine was unsure along all what lines. "..Are you all right?" Hopefully this wouldn't lead to issues later, but that was a thing they both had to work out for themselves.
    She'd gotten what he was implying quickly. That's his girl. It brought a smile to Totoma's face. He wasn't going into this fight expecting to lose, of course, but if the shit really hit the fan... it would ease both of their minds to know that the Cromwells were safe and sound far away from the action.

Still...

While at first glance he appeared unaffected by all this raunchy... business, one would notice that his gaze often settled on Karine and lingered a bit longer than was normal. One would liken the glint in his eye to a starving animal being presented with a succulent meal, yet not allowed to eat it.

Totoma took a deep breath. Even depressed, his libido had frankly been pretty high, but after his mental fix... well, he'd been fine until just now, but the moment the subject was brought up, it lodged itself in his mind and started... distracting him.

He'd have to endure it, though. Just being all 'Meet me in our room as soon as possible. We'll bang, okay?' this soon would...

...actually, he didn't know how she'd react. She'd clearly liked him being more forward and flirty, so maybe if he just outright propositioned, he'd get a chance to motorboat those glorious...

What the fuck. What the fuck, Totoma!? You're letting your hormones overwhelm you! FOCUS!

Food... yeah, think of food. Wouldn't it be nice to have a nice pair of steaming hot meat buns to eat? Or some ripe melons to...

...oh hell no.

Exercise! Yeah, that'll work out this... frustration. Totoma dropped to the ground and began doing pushups. The good ol' one-armed, one-thumb variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Yeah I'm fine. " Jack smiled at Karine as he slowly puthe knife away. "Probably just haunted or something..."
    Karine was such a kind soul with such huge... caring. Why Totoma had not married her yet was a mystery.

But I can deal.

While still doing push-ups, Totoma addressed Jack. "Hey man..."

He paused to push himself up.

"...if you want to talk..."

Another push-up.

"...just ask."

Yet another.

"Man-to-man."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 03-23-2018 at 04:34 AM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

Zaofan quickly turned away, to focus on the rest of the meeting. "You're right. You're right."

He then took a deep breath of relief. That Etrina, always looking out for him. "I appreciate it. I really could've embarrassed myself back there!"

Zaofan patted Etrina on the shoulder, looked her right in the eyes, and offered a comfortable smile, before turning back to the real meeting.
    "Yes, of course. It is my duty to ensure that you w..walk a moral and upstanding path. As only a cook of your caliber should....." Etrina spouted some moral rhetoric while suppressing some urges that would put her in just as bad a embarrassing situation as Zaofan would have been. She had far too much mental fortitude to let such feelings get the better of her in important situations....nothing let the horn dog fest that was doing on just behind her. With a quick deep breath, she suppressed her urge and continued on with as calm an expression as she could.

Zaofan's ears perked up. With dogged determination, he swept his cape behind his back, stretched his neck left and right, and took one mighty step forward... until he realized that he stood next to Etrina.

Then he took one step back, draping the cape around his shoulders again.
    "..........You looked determined......did you have a thought regarding something?" Etrina asked, innocently unaware of his true intentions.

Still, the conversation in the background was intensifying to such an annoying degree that it was distracting. "Ugh....why the hell is this an issue now.....I'd expect this sort of thing from my familiar, not a group of grown men and women. If you want that so bad just ask Erosa, I'm such she'll handle whatever it is you want done....right Erosa?"

In the background, Erosa yelped back "Gao? Monkey Lady? Even Erosa have Standard.....maybe if blue oni lady and boobfaratu lady come too."

"Man. This whole deal with gramps is throwing me off." Charco said to himself in the vast nothingness of the sky, his gaze focusing on the dot that was the lookout while assessing his earlier outburst.

He sighed.

"I should apologize..."

On the other hand, it wasn't his fault that Jack was giving Sarada blue ovaries when they both clearly liked each other. He just let their little hang-up get to him while irritated."... nah. Better just drop the subject." Besides, trying to deal with it would only serve for him to dig further down than he already had. It was best to focus on more important things, like dealing with his own issues.

"Man, what's up with gramps? Nothing makes sense."

Charco had gone into the spiritual simulation fully expecting to be crushed, but he couldn't shake the reptilian change that had overcome Phospho. What disturbed him the most was that line...
    "... the strongest eat the weak."
    He had heard it before, but from where? It had been a phrase that had haunted him for most of his life, but the more he thought about it, the more he realized he had never heard his grandmother say those words, who he had previously incorrectly attributed it to.

"Agh!"

He had never been good with riddles or mysteries, and being cooped up at the lookout with this mess in his head wasn't helping. Charco would need to stop procrastinating and ask those he could, even if it meant talking to them.

"They don't do sarcasm on Chroma, do they, Meagan?" Sarada asked dryly. "Clearly, I was joking. I have myself under control. Younger Saiyans tend to have better self-control than the older Saiyans you probably learned about."

She smiled softly and patted him on the shoulder. "If that's the case, then I'd be more than happy to help with that. It's about time for us to fight again, isn't it? I saw you have a few new techniques you've developed over the last few days."
    "Your right." Meagan looked apologetically at Sarada, "I just get a bad feeling that once we leave the Lookout, all....what's the word....hell, that's it, all hell will break lose and we'll be caught in the middle of it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Your right." Meagan looked apologetically at Sarada, "I just get a bad feeling that once we leave the Lookout, all....what's the word....hell, that's it, all hell will break lose and we'll be caught in the middle of it."
    "Of course we're going to," Sarada answered, arms folded. "It's our responsibility to make sure none of the people on this planet get caught up with us. Are you going to let your 'bad feelings' get in the way of that?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Of course we're going to," Sarada answered, arms folded. "It's our responsibility to make sure none of the people on this planet get caught up with us. Are you going to let your 'bad feelings' get in the way of that?"
    "There are times when listening to your intuition best prepares you for combat. My fault was in misinterpreting what my intuition was trying to tell me. I never let 'bad feelings', as you call them, distract me from my goal. Guess Sayians never have, 'bad feelings'."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"There are times when listening to your intuition best prepares you for combat. My fault was in misinterpreting what my intuition was trying to tell me. I never let 'bad feelings', as you call them, distract me from my goal. Guess Sayians never have, 'bad feelings'."
    "What you call intuition is what I call common sense," Sarada responded. "And no, I guess Saiyans don't get 'bad feelings' about things. Even if we did, we wouldn't say them out loud. That's a sure fire way to make sure it happens."

It was like saying something was easy, or asking 'what's the worst that can happen'. Those, without fail, made the situation invariably worse. Every time.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Physical contact, yes." Nunlil replied with a nod, after considering the battered warrior's question. "Once that is made, it would be not be difficult to get her away from Battersea."
    "If the spiritual tether that connects you to Kami yet remains, then your talents of infiltration and collection would be of a particularly great help to us in taking the Balon woman from our Champion's custody," he considered. "But if you feel your place is here, observing us below as our Host does in the event something goes awry, then perhaps one of us must bridge the divide from Earth to the Lookout."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Without words, Zaofan repeated the exact same sequence to Ochazuke - closed fist, extended open palm, turning hand over, extending index finger up while keeping the thumb tight.

And the Zaofan smiled. Ochazuke continued to surprise, and for good reason.
    As much as Zaofan's training had seemed to veer off into its own eclectic direction, the classical foundation still found a way, and though Ochazuke did not speak it aloud, it pleased him that his ally recognized the sequence that called the attention to those of the Five Schools: the Challenge of Words.

"Innocuous but exact movements, the closed fist withdraws and the open hand receives," he said, "When we find Samson Balon, if he is a man of integrity to his vows to the Turtle School, he will reciprocate our call in this fashion. It is then we shall discover the truth of his predicament."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I do what I have to." Held agreed, stroking his chin as he muled over the days events, "Although, I guess we're all having a rough time of it at the moment, so I shouldn't complain too much."

Still, things could be worse...Atleast this time we're not getting attacked in the middle of training.

Held turned slightly, his gaze now focused on Ochazuke. Had his gaze always been so....Impassive? The man had always borne a serious countenance, but it looked almost as if he were seeing through the Nevadian himself.

Held brushed it off, thinking nothing personal about it. It was a stressful day for all of them, after all. One turn after another in less than an hour, it would have taken a monk to bear so trials without any sign of pique.

"The Red Raiders, huh?" It was a rhetorical question, as Ochazuke had made his desires more than clear. It was to be expected, The Nevadian supposed. Ochazuke was nothing if not a warrior to the core, his bearing perhaps only exceeded by his aptitude. It hardly required any level of precognition to determine the course the conversation was headed.

"...Right. Now that I think about it, those of us who were aboard the Capsule Of The World would be somewhat more familiar with them than the others."

Held himself had crossed weapons with Willia, the direct skirmish ending with his loss and the decimation of the ship. Still, it was a victory, Jinzi had escaped, and the Dragon Radar remained out of her clutches, and in the possession of Held himself.

"What did you want to know?"
    "According to Pantaloon, the Colonel of the Red Raiders and her assassin may apprach the tournament, for that fool Battersea put the image of the Dragonball directly on a worldwide broadcast. You, Zaofan, Chou and Chuan survived the last encounter, so any insights you all may provide, anything at all, of her Shatterlock skills, would be most welcome."

"In addition, in the Guardian's Time Chamber, you faced Battersea, separated but by the length of a spear. He was a younger man then, but was there anything you noticed through your sight in the core of his technique?"

Ochazuke took a long sip of the heady coffee. As the intake revitalized him, so did the Majin's venom seem to subside.

"Though there are regulations in place, do not be mistaken. We are wandering into unknown, hostile territory. It is not a test of skill that shall be rewarded with riches or honours. Despite that, we must win. With all that weights on us, any information is an advantage."

Exhaling off a breath of bitterness, he followed to Held directly.

"And...another thing I would ask of you. A personal favour, man to man."
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-22-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "If the spiritual tether that connects you to Kami yet remains, then your talents of infiltration and collection would be of a particularly great help to us in taking the Balon woman from our Champion's custody," he considered. "But if you feel your place is here, observing us below as our Host does in the event something goes awry, then perhaps one of us must bridge the divide from Earth to the Lookout."
    Nunlil considered Ochazuke's response a moment before shaking her head.

"Since we do not know where Kevi the Stalker is going to appear, it seems best to remain on the Lookout with Ishtar, and the Ronin Kai." The Oni stated, before explaining it further. "I am capable of teleportation, also, I am tethered to Jack, as well as Ishtar. Since Jack will be at the Tournament, it should not be difficult to retrieve the daughter of the Turtle Monk should an opportunity arrive." Nunlil shrugged then.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He lands the knee, causing her to double over, but before the needle can penetrate she vanishes and reappears above in the air. In her palms are an energy blast she is powering up.
    It was at this point that the acrobat made a point to try and get out of the blast radius. Chuan didn't have the power to match her in a beam struggle, nor did he have any strong energy projection techniques. What he'd have to rely on would be the opportunities he could create.

Running towards a wall, he aimed to scale the surface and kick off of it to make things into an aerial battle. He'd have the disadvantage of being unable to fly, but he would bet on his agility being able to help him avoid any air to air blasts!