Page 46 of 661 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146546 ... LastLast

It was difficult for Charco to decide on which argument he was for. The Dino school's way was usually no-holds-bar, take-no-prisoner, but at the same time, things were never black and white. He honestly thought his suggestion was the best compromise, but it seems his shade of grey was just not appealing for the others.

It seems however, the wizard's fate was not theirs to decide, as the spell caster woke up and, in fear of his life, returned to his prison and even put a new lock on it. Such a drastic reaction brought forth a victorious laugh from the teenage. "Ohhhh, I get it! Good job on scaring him back in!" Charco didn't know who came up with that, but whoever it was could be called a true tactician.

"I guess that means things are back to normal?"

Retired Overlord

Time for one last effort before this devolved into something truly regretable. Pursing his lips, Ajna let out a deafening whistle, hoping to draw the attention of Ishtar, Charco, any one in the gang standing some twenty feet away. Perhaps one of them could restrain the girl. He didn't dare remove his eyes from her though.

But being a realist, Ajna still fell into one of the Genbudo stances. This one had his feet squared with his shoulders, his knees bent. His toes pointed slightly inward, creating a triangle. One hand was held closer to his chest, the other further out, almost at shoulder level, both palms facing inwards and fingertips pointed straight towards Erosa.

Ajna stood his ground, unwavering, very glad that he hadn't wasted his energy earlier using anything flashy. He spoke one last time, wishing to avoid the confrontation.

"We may need him if the people out there aren't just tired from being drained of their ki. If they're locked in some fugue state, it'll be much faster if we can beat the information out of this guy later. We can't do that if you paint the room with him. So step the Hell back."
    Erosa flinched visibly at the whistle. But it was his words while standing in defiance of her that really started ringing in her ears. It was annoying, infuriating. It looked like he wanted to fight her? For what? So the old man could recover and start beating on them again? Seduce them with sweet words and finish what he started? So they could get what they wanted from him an bind him up in his urn again forever. Locking, binding, supressing. Death was better. Killing him was better. At least she would be quick. It would be fun too. He deserved it for what he did. HE DESERVES TO DIE!

RIP AND TEAR AND LET IT BE DONE WITH! MOVE! STOP PROTECTING IT!

"Raaaaawrr!" Erosa brandished her claws in a show of aggression but didn't move to use them.

Get lost. Move. Out. Out. Out.

Erosa would feel Ishtar touch her mind, less gently than previously, if only to maintain contact through the almost overpowering bloodlust.

"If you continue down this path, dear Erosa, it might bring harm to your big sister. For her sake, and mine, come stand by me... If you must chew on something, might my arm suffice?"
    "No, No, No." Erosas inner voice sounded like a petulant child not getting her own way. "Candy man doesn't understand. Why he protect the bad man? I could kill him now and make everything better! I kill for him so he not have to feel guilty! I kill so bad man not have to go back in jar.....death better then jar. Not wish deep dark place on anyone. No one can hear, no one can see. Worse then death."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    The weak were at the whims of the strong. Past a certain threshold, becoming stronger through personal martial might widened one's gap with the weak exponentially. The universe was out of balance, and had always been. How could science and art and great works stand when those who could fight had but to throw a fit of pique to wipe out all progress elsewhere? Living creatures were capable of both great good and harm, but violence for good had its limits - to protect a greater good. Sooner or later, someone like this necromancer would win. And all would be lost to this inevitably fatal flaw. All the children who had yet to grow to their full potential, all the striving of geniuses and idiots alike, all like a tissue in the tide. This necromancer was but one example. Asha'rah knew there had to be answer to this problem, but none came to mind for now. All she knew was that a good temporary solution was to put this exploitative man down for good.

"He sought to drain the life force of an entire city - men, women, children, he spared no one. He must end."
    "Is that so.....Hmm." Etrina spoke as a side thought to her examination. "I'm certainly in no position to offer moral judgement on a situation of this magnitude. But logically speaking, I doubt this urn ended up here as a result of a miner bringing it down here. This was here way before the mine. Someone, at somepoint, decided this man with worth sealing and burying as deep as they could. So either he was a part of something as bad or worse then this...or he was a prisoner for far less immoral reasons. Humanity has a habit of locking away what it doesn't like. A couple centuries in an urn would make even the most stable man desperate for a way out. Isolation breed insanity. His man could have been a scholar in life."

"This is all hypothetical though. We only have to work with what is in front of us. To judge based on what we know, or to hesitate on what we do not.....that would be the....that would......."

Etrina flinched and flung her gaze over towards the down mage in annoyance. "What in kamis name is going on over there! I'm trying to focus on a........oh no...." It took one look for her to understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Mine:

With a mumble, the mage awakens hearing their plans. In desperation not to be killed, his body turns into dark smoke and flees back into the urn, like pouring water in reverse. When the last of it is inside, the talisman glows, no longer being fought, and slowly reseals and repairs itself, sealing the wizard away.
    "EROSA! What did I tell.....you about......." Both Etrina, Erosa and the others watched as the black mist that made up the mage sucked itself back in the urn and resealed. "......what did you do erosa?

"Gaoooo! GAO AAGO!" Erosa pointed at Ajna as he passed by her, a hard look on his face.

"No, I'm asking what YOU did. He was just guarding the body! I gave no order to have you start beating on an unconscious man, let along scare the man into choosing imprisonment!"

"GAO!"

"A likely story! Ugh........why.....why are you doing this! The only thing I ask of letting you wander around of your own free will is that you do not...DO NOT....act in such an extreme manner! Do you want the leach again? I can write up the spell for it now. Is that what you want?" Etrina started waving her finger in the air with a threatening manner. "Well...?"

"GGggrrrrr....Gao..." Erosa hissed, but with less energy then before. "Ggo...ga...."

"....Good. I hope you can keep to that this time.....I won't hesitate to put a muzzle on you if you don't start behaving."

"Gaogogo GaoGa!!"

Etrina eyed her curiously, then let out a sigh and turned her gaze towards the approching Ajna. "Please.....I'm so sorry for her attitude. She....well she just......." She eyed erosa, who was staring at her quietly. "...She wanted me to pass along something.......*sigh*.........she wanted to pass along an apology as well..." She glanced over in time to see a look of annoyance pass over erosa face before she let out another gao and stomped off.

Ishtar had heard too, in her own way, and it certainly had not been an apology she had passed along.

"Hope you have fun protecting him, you'll have to do it a lot longer then I would have took killing him. Stupid Candy Hero."

Inverse Regenesised

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    The group's divisiveness was binary on a linguistic level, but from Kabuto's perspective, the debate had many sides, each flaring with their own set of emotions and desires that fueled their stance on the debate.

He was already bored with this. Nothing particularly exciting was happening anymore.

That was until the mage woke up and, terrified as he must have been, decided to seal himself away in the talisman rather than face his death. Or worse, if the conversation between the members of the group was any indication.

And then, it was back to boredom.

The earthling that had fought alongside him earlier, Ajna, the one that had dealt a fairly vicious blow to the mage stepped closer to the group, radiating something new. Disappointment. Guarded-ness. Some combination of unhappiness, mild anger, and feeling let down. It was as though he was seeing, really seeing their group for the first time.

Kabuto mentally shrugged. He wasn't the least bit surprised that many of the group preferred to kill the wizard, nor was he mystified by those that chose to protect him.

He was surprised to see that Ajna was bothered by the rest of the group's choices. Despite his apparent competence, he still wanted to rely on others.

Social structures were the recourse of those too weak to survive on their own, whether they took the form of empathetically invoked emotions or psychically linked minds. Kabuto had long been disillusioned to the need for participating in such structures.

To him society was just a tool to be used when convenient, and discarded when not. To him, the debate surrounding the fate of the mage was irrelevant.

To be upset at a group that disagreed with his ideals was laughable. He was capable of living his own life, thank you very much. He didn't need anything from any-

He blinked. Oh yeah.

"Ahemm, if you're done arguing, maybe we can see if any of the natives are still alive? I need to find someone to fix my ship."

Ajna struggled with his emotions, unsure how much of the anger he felt, how much all of it could be having been so near Erosa with his empathic guard down after having relaxed it after the mage was knocked out. Unwilling to just shut them out but not quite in control of himself, Ajna didn't trust his voice not to betray him. Instead he merely nodded his agreement. All of it was finally catching up with him. All the tension and fighting wasn't something he was used to. He didn't work closely with people for a lot of reasons, but the biggest one was that it was easier to isolate himself.

Well, guess that's gonna have to stop, too.

Trying something new, Ajna didn't put seperate his emotions from others. He reached out and took some of that indifference from Kabuto, embracing it. Feeling some of the tension subside, his shoulders began to relax. His expression smoothed, and his mind became calmer. The sudden swing in mood didn't even phase him, as that was actually the normal part. This. . . this is the way. All the barriers, all the straining against being buffeting by other's feelings, instead he need to flow with it. Be more like water, and less like a fortress of stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It was difficult for Charco to decide on which argument he was for. The Dino school's way was usually no-holds-bar, take-no-prisoner, but at the same time, things were never black and white. He honestly thought his suggestion was the best compromise, but it seems his shade of grey was just not appealing for the others.

It seems however, the wizard's fate was not theirs to decide, as the spell caster woke up and, in fear of his life, returned to his prison and even put a new lock on it. Such a drastic reaction brought forth a victorious laugh from the teenage. "Ohhhh, I get it! Good job on scaring him back in!" Charco didn't know who came up with that, but whoever it was could be called a true tactician.

"I guess that means things are back to normal?"

Turning and taking a look at the young man, Ajna took a little of that boisterous spirit and added it to his own as well. That made it so when he grinned at the youth it was sincere. He clapped him on the back as he walked past and said, "I have a feeling things are never going to be quite normal again."

So he was in a pretty good mood when Etrina spoke to him and related Erosa's message.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Erosa flinched visibly at the whistle. But it was his words while standing in defiance of her that really started ringing in her ears. It was annoying, infuriating. It looked like he wanted to fight her? For what? So the old man could recover and start beating on them again? Seduce them with sweet words and finish what he started? So they could get what they wanted from him an bind him up in his urn again forever. Locking, binding, supressing. Death was better. Killing him was better. At least she would be quick. It would be fun too. He deserved it for what he did. HE DESERVES TO DIE!

RIP AND TEAR AND LET IT BE DONE WITH! MOVE! STOP PROTECTING IT!

"Raaaaawrr!" Erosa brandished her claws in a show of aggression but didn't move to use them.

Get lost. Move. Out. Out. Out.

"No, No, No." Erosas inner voice sounded like a petulant child not getting her own way. "Candy man doesn't understand. Why he protect the bad man? I could kill him now and make everything better! I kill for him so he not have to feel guilty! I kill so bad man not have to go back in jar.....death better then jar. Not wish deep dark place on anyone. No one can hear, no one can see. Worse then death."

"Is that so.....Hmm." Etrina spoke as a side thought to her examination. "I'm certainly in no position to offer moral judgement on a situation of this magnitude. But logically speaking, I doubt this urn ended up here as a result of a miner bringing it down here. This was here way before the mine. Someone, at somepoint, decided this man with worth sealing and burying as deep as they could. So either he was a part of something as bad or worse then this...or he was a prisoner for far less immoral reasons. Humanity has a habit of locking away what it doesn't like. A couple centuries in an urn would make even the most stable man desperate for a way out. Isolation breed insanity. His man could have been a scholar in life."

"This is all hypothetical though. We only have to work with what is in front of us. To judge based on what we know, or to hesitate on what we do not.....that would be the....that would......."

Etrina flinched and flung her gaze over towards the down mage in annoyance. "What in kamis name is going on over there! I'm trying to focus on a........oh no...." It took one look for her to understand the situation.

"EROSA! What did I tell.....you about......." Both Etrina, Erosa and the others watched as the black mist that made up the mage sucked itself back in the urn and resealed. "......what did you do erosa?

"Gaoooo! GAO AAGO!" Erosa pointed at Ajna as he passed by her, a hard look on his face.

"No, I'm asking what YOU did. He was just guarding the body! I gave no order to have you start beating on an unconscious man, let along scare the man into choosing imprisonment!"

"GAO!"

"A likely story! Ugh........why.....why are you doing this! The only thing I ask of letting you wander around of your own free will is that you do not...DO NOT....act in such an extreme manner! Do you want the leach again? I can write up the spell for it now. Is that what you want?" Etrina started waving her finger in the air with a threatening manner. "Well...?"

"GGggrrrrr....Gao..." Erosa hissed, but with less energy then before. "Ggo...ga...."

"....Good. I hope you can keep to that this time.....I won't hesitate to put a muzzle on you if you don't start behaving."

"Gaogogo GaoGa!!"

Etrina eyed her curiously, then let out a sigh and turned her gaze towards the approching Ajna. "Please.....I'm so sorry for her attitude. She....well she just......." She eyed erosa, who was staring at her quietly. "...She wanted me to pass along something.......*sigh*.........she wanted to pass along an apology as well..." She glanced over in time to see a look of annoyance pass over erosa face before she let out another gao and stomped off.

Ishtar had heard too, in her own way, and it certainly had not been an apology she had passed along.

"Hope you have fun protecting him, you'll have to do it a lot longer then I would have took killing him. Stupid Candy Hero."
    "No need to apologise. Please, it was merely a misunderstanding so do not treat her harshly. But do tell her," Ajna turned his eyes from Etrina to Erosa here as he continued speaking, "I was protecting her, not the mage."

With that, he saluted them both with two fingers to his temple and made his way back down the tunnel back towards the people of Dusk.
    Last edited by IGee; 01-14-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Very well."

The old women settles herself, then looks at Ochazuke.

"Many centuries ago, the previous Kami went mad. In a desperate battle, myself and my companions resisted his will and fought back. By the end, only I remained. But he did not die. Kami of old was a powerful Namekian sorcerer and fighter, and he used a spell to teleport himself through time to avoid his final retribution. Since then I have been attempting to weave my way through time and fate to see where and when he would arrive. One month ago, he did so. He seeks the dragonballs to restore the world to his evil, vile ways. In that month's time, he has used his magics to begin to awaken old, sealed away enemies to seek out the dragonballs and to further try to block me. He knows I cannot let innocents suffer on such a scale, so while I attempt to aid where I can, he is free to seek them out if his minions cannot."

The old women reaches into a box beside her and pulls out a beautiful orange orb with six red stars floating in it.

"The Yeti would kidnap the people to be drained of their energy to further strengthen the old Kami, and when that happened, knowledge of the location of the ball would also be taken."

She hands the sphere to him.

"Six more remain. One is in the hands of another group I sought aid from. Another is soon to be in a second group's hands, while one resides with the Red Raiders, who also seek out the dragonballs for their own nefarious means. The rest are scattered, but the first group has a device that can locate them. I would like you all to rendezvous with this group, find them all, and stop the Red Raiders, and the old Kami, from using them. I do not care what you wish for, but those two, the Raiders and old Kami, must be stopped."
    That was quite the story this 'Kami' spun. From what Sarada understood, the previous Kami went crazy and decided to try and take over the world. She had no issue with that, per se. Planets full of weaklings were just asking to be taken over. This Kami disagreed, obviously. That didn't interest her.

What did was when she mentioned the dragonballs. From the sound of it, they could grant any wish within the means of this so-called dragon. They could even bring back the dead if they hadn't died of natural causes.

The half-breed showed particular interest in that latter potential. For what, she could hardly imagine; she didn't particularly care one way or another. She could only assume that someone close to him was killed before they time was up. If he wanted to cheat death by using some unnatural means, more power to him.

As for her, Sarada couldn't possibly imagine what she would wish for. Not power, that was for sure. To actually wish for more power was a complete waste of a wish. Only a pathetic excuse of a warrior would gain power through any other means than hard work and training. Unless she heard wrong, this previous Kami didn't want to wish for more power.

Which meant that he gained whatever power he possessed by his own means. That was great. It would have been disappointing if they went through all the trouble of stopping this nefarious scheme of his and that, only for him to prove an unworthy opponent when they eventually crossed paths.

Her skin was started to prickle with goosebumps from how excited she was getting. The thought of fighting someone as strong as the previous Kami was made out to be had her practically drooling.

"This Kami guy sounds strong," she spoke gleefully. "I can't wait to fight him! Where is he?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Alongside Mirdori and Shiro, your attack knocks the man unconscious.

The other voice doesn't respond, but Slak can sense the now familiar ki pattern inside the bank they left not just minutes ago.
    The man goes down and Slak takes a deep breath. The other presence though...

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The foe was defeated. Excellent! Sasheem wondered who he was...for about half a second, now he just wanted him dead. He glanced at the others wondering if they had the same idea. "Kill?" He suggested. He had no illusions that the green girl would agree with his suggesttion, nor her companion another odd human(?) The green girl had already attempted to stop his fun before...

As for the other green one, a man with antennae. Was he a majin too? No...probably some other form of monster. Sasheem had no opinion on him but hopefully he agreed that this assailant had to die.

And then there was the other man. The one who had put the barrier around the prisoners in the bank...Sasheem hated him as much as the green girl. Why, he did not know...but the hatred was familiar.
    "No," Slak says to the blue fish man. "This man is not entirely responsible for his actions."

As he says this, he moves to fallen man's side and checks his Ki to see if the corruption is still there.

"I managed to make telepathic contact with this man's master, the one who corrupted him," he says, loudly enough for the rest to hear. "The Ki seems to be coming from the bank...the one we just left"

He grimaces. "I fear we may have been led away on purpose."

OOC: If the twisted Ki is not there anymore, Slak heals the man.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That was quite the story this 'Kami' spun. From what Sarada understood, the previous Kami went crazy and decided to try and take over the world. She had no issue with that, per se. Planets full of weaklings were just asking to be taken over. This Kami disagreed, obviously. That didn't interest her.

What did was when she mentioned the dragonballs. From the sound of it, they could grant any wish within the means of this so-called dragon. They could even bring back the dead if they hadn't died of natural causes.

The half-breed showed particular interest in that latter potential. For what, she could hardly imagine; she didn't particularly care one way or another. She could only assume that someone close to him was killed before they time was up. If he wanted to cheat death by using some unnatural means, more power to him.

As for her, Sarada couldn't possibly imagine what she would wish for. Not power, that was for sure. To actually wish for more power was a complete waste of a wish. Only a pathetic excuse of a warrior would gain power through any other means than hard work and training. Unless she heard wrong, this previous Kami didn't want to wish for more power.

Which meant that he gained whatever power he possessed by his own means. That was great. It would have been disappointing if they went through all the trouble of stopping this nefarious scheme of his and that, only for him to prove an unworthy opponent when they eventually crossed paths.

Her skin was started to prickle with goosebumps from how excited she was getting. The thought of fighting someone as strong as the previous Kami was made out to be had her practically drooling.

"This Kami guy sounds strong," she spoke gleefully. "I can't wait to fight him! Where is he?"
    "Are all Sayians so reckless?" Meagan shook her head once, "Kami are far more powerful than mortals like us. I bet if you trained that scouter on yourself it woudln't register very high, but whatever number it gives you, multiply that by a thousand and you still don't come close to the power level of most Guardians."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So these Dragon Balls could revive the dead, though not those that died from natural causes... hm.

The others likely had their wishes, and these sorts of things, in stories, were usually limited to one wish or three, so... there'd be conflict. He wanted to revive his parents, of course, but...

Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Are all Sayians so reckless?" Meagan shook her head once, "Kami are far more powerful than mortals like us. I bet if you trained that scouter on yourself it woudln't register very high, but whatever number it gives you, multiply that by a thousand and you still don't come close to the power level of most Guardians."
    "The Saiyan language doesn't really have a word for impossible, ya know," said Totoma. "And trying to deter a Saiyan from fighting someone or something by emphasizing how super-powerful they are isn't going to work."

He paused for a moment, and then added: "Actually, no, trying to deter a Saiyan from fighting at all isn't going to work. Like at all. Even a halfbreed like me feels pretty excited at the prospect of facing down this evil kami guy, even if I've got no chance in hell of actually winning."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    So these Dragon Balls could revive the dead, though not those that died from natural causes... hm.

The others likely had their wishes, and these sorts of things, in stories, were usually limited to one wish or three, so... there'd be conflict. He wanted to revive his parents, of course, but...

Hm.

"The Saiyan language doesn't really have a word for impossible, ya know," said Totoma. "And trying to deter a Saiyan from fighting someone or something by emphasizing how super-powerful they are isn't going to work."

He paused for a moment, and then added: "Actually, no, trying to deter a Saiyan from fighting at all isn't going to work. Like at all. Even a halfbreed like me feels pretty excited at the prospect of facing down this evil kami guy, even if I've got no chance in hell of actually winning."
    Meagan sighed, "Well, at least you shouldn't be fighting alone." She then recited what sounded like the last verse of something,

"She taught us a path,
    a way to see,
    the strength lying within,
    comes from unity. "

Sarada barked out a laugh.

Meagan's words were hilariously contrary to the message she was trying to get across. It was entirely impossible to deter a Saiyan from fighting anyone, much less someone who was much more powerful than they were. To actually point that was tantamount to encouraging them.

"You're just making me more anxious to meet this guy," she stated with a smirk. "Obviously, I'll need to train before I'm ready. I just want to know where this guy is so I know where to go when I'm ready."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post

Even the half-breed understood. At least he was like a Saiyan in that regard.

Meagan sighed, "Well, at least you shouldn't be fighting alone." She then recited what sounded like the last verse of something,

"She taught us a path,
    a way to see,
    the strength lying within,
    comes from unity. "
    She scoffed dismissively. "Fight together? Where's the fun in that? We're likely to win if we all fight him together, which is why I want to fight him alone." It was simple, really. Everyone piling on the guy wasn't sporting at all, and wouldn't be an accurate measure of how strong she was compared to him. Fighting him one-on-one would not only allow her to see just how strong she really was -- after she completed her training -- but also added the excitement of having the fate of this planet and its people on her shoulders.

There was nothing that drew out a Saiyan's hidden strength than extreme pressure.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

"No," Slak says to the blue fish man. "This man is not entirely responsible for his actions."

As he says this, he moves to fallen man's side and checks his Ki to see if the corruption is still there.

"I managed to make telepathic contact with this man's master, the one who corrupted him," he says, loudly enough for the rest to hear. "The Ki seems to be coming from the bank...the one we just left"

OOC: If the twisted Ki is not there anymore, Slak heals the man.
    Once Slak confirms that the man is no longer potentially dangerous, Kai releases his hold on him, before frowning as the words Slak said fully sunk in.

"I don't suppose you could somehow telepathically convince this master to simply give up, could you?" Kai said, in that moment mentally calculating where the bank was in relation to where they currently were. "Ok, that may have been a dumb question. But even if it wasn't, I'd rather speak with this one in person, quickly. So, who's up for a little shortcut?"
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

"Bah!" Sasheemutter, folding his arms and glaring up into the sky. He didn't understand anything that was happening. The bank? The place that was attacked before, maybe?

The now unconscious man had a master...? Sasheem remembered a long, long time ago when he once had a master. What happened to him? What did he want?

Something about a war with....somebody. Started with a K...No, Sasheem didn't remember, he was already growing bored thinking about it. Whoever summoned or created him was probably long dead now and Sasheem was probably the one that killed him.

What were they all talking about now? Something at the bank...Someone. Someone to annihilate? Hopefully.

No wonder he was so confused, someone was trying to mess with their heads! Steam shot from Sasheem's pores as he spat, "Guogogogo!" Presumably as in they should probably go to the bank as soon as possible to extinguish this puppetmaster's life.

Incredible Member

"The Red Raiders are not the only ones seeking the dragonballs. The previous Kami, returned through foul sorcery, also seeks them out. I have several other groups seeking them, and I would like you all to meet up to gather the last of them together. Willa has one, you have one, another group on North Continent has one, and yet another is almost in the possession of ones in Dusk City. Come together, get all the balls before Willa or old Kami can use them, and the world will be saved. Plus, you'll have two wishes to use among yourselves. As to Jinzi, yes, I do believe protecting him will be a good idea."
    "How did you and the others beat the previous Kami? I'd think he would be wise to the circumstances of his last defeat, but knowing what won't work will help if we have to take him on in a fight."

"It is fine. Your assistance is more than enough repayment, Chuan."
    The acrobat looked uncertain, but eventually nodded reluctantly.

"Fine. We'll just do what we can. Even so, thank you for all you've done, Kami."

Chuan bowed deeply, eyes closed as he did. He felt like it was the right thing to do, even if it was a little oddly timed.

Sarada barked out a laugh.

Meagan's words were hilariously contrary to the message she was trying to get across. It was entirely impossible to deter a Saiyan from fighting anyone, much less someone who was much more powerful than they were. To actually point that was tantamount to encouraging them.

"You're just making me more anxious to meet this guy," she stated with a smirk. "Obviously, I'll need to train before I'm ready. I just want to know where this guy is so I know where to go when I'm ready."

Even the half-breed understood. At least he was like a Saiyan in that regard.

She scoffed dismissively. "Fight together? Where's the fun in that? We're likely to win if we all fight him together, which is why I want to fight him alone." It was simple, really. Everyone piling on the guy wasn't sporting at all, and wouldn't be an accurate measure of how strong she was compared to him. Fighting him one-on-one would not only allow her to see just how strong she really was -- after she completed her training -- but also added the excitement of having the fate of this planet and its people on her shoulders.

There was nothing that drew out a Saiyan's hidden strength than extreme pressure.
    "Testing yourself is for training, winning in battle requires more than individual brute strength and arrogance." Meagan smirked, "Looks like we'll have a chance to see which of our philsophies of combat proves to be correct. Looking forward to that."

"Testing yourself is for training, winning in battle requires more than individual brute strength and arrogance." Meagan smirked, "Looks like we'll have a chance to see which of our philsophies of combat proves to be correct. Looking forward to that."
    "Training is a controlled environment," Sarada retorted. "You can't test your true potential in a controlled environment. Only when your life is on the line will you find out just how strong you really are."

There was nothing arrogant about Sarada's stance. It was common sense.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Training is a controlled environment," Sarada retorted. "You can't test your true potential in a controlled environment. Only when your life is on the line will you find out just how strong you really are."

There was nothing arrogant about Sarada's stance. It was common sense.
    Her voice almost incredulous, "You actually only train in controlled environments? Where's the fun in that?"