Page 465 of 661 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The world stops. Halts. Shifts.

A myriad of different color energy, of debris and building and carnage.

A conflagration of might and, perhaps, of retribution.

The world melts away, replaced with the white gold room once more. Sweat drips down their faces, their panting loud, but overshadowed by an almost inarticulate sound coming from Evangeline. She had propped Jack up against the wall where he slowly began regaining consciousness, but her attention remained focused on a crystal ball in her hand, the scene playing in it Fife’s destruction at their hands. Over and over, the final conflagration, her eyes never leaving it as her mouth drops open a bit.

She is speechless.
    Wiping her face with her cloak, Meagan smiled, "It should not be so surprising, considering it was all-against-one. To be strong enough to take Fife out, one-on-one, should be our main goal as far as training."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“Ah...yes, well done. Very...well.....done. Though, sadly, Jack was killed in the simulation. Though a brilliant move. We never knew the weakness of the crystal barrier, but Jack’s sacrifice proved its down fall.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“Ah...yes, well done. Very...well.....done. Though, sadly, Jack was killed in the simulation. Though a brilliant move. We never knew the weakness of the crystal barrier, but Jack’s sacrifice proved its down fall.”
    Wait, Jack had died to bring down that crystal barrier? For the real deal, that... simply would not do. Though, with the weakness now known, it would likely be enough for the group to focus on it with non-suicidal attacks.

"Yeah, that weird crystal barrier he did was... something. I don't think we would have enjoyed... whatever he was building up to," said Totoma, finally wiping the sweat from his brow. "Still, now that we know about that weakness, I'm sure we can work out a way to exploit it without Jack, ya know, having to die."

He glanced at Jack and gave him a thumbs-up. "Nobody's dying on the Just Saiyan's watch. Except Fife. And Kevi."

His tone became much darker. "...and Jagam."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Meagan frowned, "He's okay now, right? I did not know he was so badly injured, I should have known and acted as you taught me to. I failed this test then. Eva, if this were to happen outside of simulation, how would I know if someone was so badly injured that even Slak could not save them? How do I know when I need to use the technique you taught me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Meagan frowned, "He's okay now, right? I did not know he was so badly injured, I should have known and acted as you taught me to. I failed this test then. Eva, if this were to happen outside of simulation, how would I know if someone was so badly injured that even Slak could not save them? How do I know when I need to use the technique you taught me?"
    “Jack’s Dead Man’s Hand is a unique type of attack as it feeds on ki and the body’s life force. The Blessing Of Light May not even be enough to sustain someone. Though as to knowing, I can show you how to atune to certain ki signatures so you know if they get too low.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Jack’s Dead Man’s Hand is a unique type of attack as it feeds on ki and the body’s life force. The Blessing Of Light May not even be enough to sustain someone. Though as to knowing, I can show you how to attune to certain ki signatures so you know if they get too low.”
    "I would appreciate that." Meagan nodded to her respectfully. She then added cautiously, "Could you please help me with my Ki sense? Right now when I try to sense someone else Ki all I get is a big blur."
    Last edited by Tami; 03-25-2018 at 08:08 AM.

“ We still have six senzu beans. Jack will not die for real, on my watch.” As he is the one carrying them.
    Last edited by The Chou Lives; 03-25-2018 at 08:28 AM.

"I would appreciate that." Meagan nodded to her respectfully. She then added cautiously, "Could you please help me with my Ki sense? Right now when I try to sense someone else Ki all I get is a big blur."
    “Of course. We can do that now, if you would like.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Of course. We can do that now, if you would like.”
    "I am ready when you are." Meagan smiled.

Adam has no comment as the simulation ends, merely records what Fife's ki felt like and begun to analyze it's nature.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Very...well.....done. Though, sadly, Jack was killed in the simulation.
    Jack was killed in the simulation.
    Jack

was

killed
    "Wait, what?"

To say that Sarada was surprised was an understatement. She saw Jack perform his Dead Man's Hand technique, as he had a few times before. She gave it no thought, as he had survived the other times he had used it. She never thought....

Why hadn't she...

No, it... it was just a simulation. Jack was okay. Sarada looked over to make sure she was right.

Yep. He was okay. Right as rain.

"I see. Well."

She didn't really care. Well, sure, it sucked, and would suck even more if he died in real life.

He wouldn't fucking dare.

Why should she? They had only just met a few days ago. She didn't even know his surname, or if he even had one.

If he dies fighting Fife for real, I'll kill him with my bare hands.

The worst part about that would be, by far, them not being able to mate after killing Fife. They made a promise to mate after killing Fife, and Jack would have to break that promise if he died. That would suck, but it wouldn't be a big deal. There were plenty of other Earther males for her to mate with if worst came to worst.

She was fine with Jack dying with that in mind. This is not okay. It wouldn't be that big a deal. It would only prove that he was too weak to fight Fife without such a destructive, suicidal technique. Sarada didn't mate with weak men. I'll kill you before I let you die for real.

Sarada sighed and walked over to sit down next to Jack's unconscious body. She could feel him slowly beginning to rouse.

"Meh," she grunted with an expansive shrug of her shoulders. "Maybe next time, he'll know not to use that technique as his opener."

She decided to stay by him until he woke up. She wanted hers to be the first face he saw. ...So she could laugh in his at him dying in a simulation, obviously.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I am ready when you are." Meagan smiled.
    Evangeline and Meagan can spend the next half hour to hour training, expanding her stunted ki sense as best they can.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Evangeline and Meagan can spend the next half hour to hour training, expanding her stunted ki sense as best they can.
    Totoma had spent that half hour recuperating; physically, he was fine after a few minutes, but mentally... well, he had to come down from the post-battle high. He'd gotten that before his fix, but after, it was, as expected, deeper and more intense.

He had wanted to go see how Jack was doing, but Sarada, unsurprisingly, got to that before he could. While he was... emotionally stunted, it was clear to him that the young pureblood held some deeper feelings for Jack, though...

...something told him that she herself either didn't realize this or was in denial. Totoma briefly wondered whether his own mother and father had gone through such a phase? It seemed likely, given the attitudes of his mother's generation. Unusual or not, one did not grow up in that sort of environment and emerge unaffected.

Finally, after Eva had finished training Megan, Totoma approached the guardian.

"Miss Eva, if I may be a bother... Fife was building up to something before we, ah... interrupted him. Do you know what it was? And can you give us any info on other abilities we didn't give him a chance to demonstrate?"

The more info they had, the better chance they stood, of course.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

The world melts away, replaced with the white gold room once more. Sweat drips down their faces, their panting loud, but overshadowed by an almost inarticulate sound coming from Evangeline. She had propped Jack up against the wall where he slowly began regaining consciousness, but her attention remained focused on a crystal ball in her hand, the scene playing in it Fife’s destruction at their hands. Over and over, the final conflagration, her eyes never leaving it as her mouth drops open a bit.

She is speechless.
    "...Heh....heheheh...." Sasheem began to chuckle.

That was Fife. They'd killed him.

"Heheheheheh...."

And Fife's much older now and had only recently been out and about again how much stronger could he have gotten?!

"Hoohoohoo!"

The look on Old Kami's face when they annihilated him! The look on current Kami's face when they'd annihilated Old Kami!

"Hahahahahahaha!"

What?! Jack died?!

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

She is speechless.
    It was over in a flash, the convergence of the multitude of energies rendering the Fife simulacrum nothing more than a crater, and as the world shifted away leaving a ringing in the Oni's ears, Ishtar found herself once more sitting in the White Gold Room. After a moment to steady her breathing, and with a gentle bobbing of the head, the golden-eyed Oni stood slowly, before stretching and as she did; she considered events..

For as many times, in as many days, she had found herself unable to contribute much. The lack of her ability to project energy as the others could proving more of a hindrance than anything else. In times before, it had never been an issue. She was not a warrior, like the Saiyans, or Nevadians. Nor was she a resistance fighter, like Meagan and her Chromakian kin. Her studies had been on the betterment of self, and the balancing of the scale one might equate to a soul. What lessons there had been to learn mirrored such things ... the six bounteous spirits of Ahura Mazda, the six wrong gods of Angra Mainyu ... yet here she stood, at the end of the fourth day of 'training', short an arm of flesh and blood- her well-traveled sword now fused to her right shoulder. True, she had agreed to learn at the foot of her cousin, Nunlil, but what she meant to learn from the larger Oni would not be enough.

So with a grunt, the Oni turned towards Eva, and those others assembled.

"While time is short, before the others must away for their missions, I would find a teacher for these ... projected attacks."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan