Page 501 of 661 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

As Eva bows to everyone there and goes to her room to rest, Ronin Kai going with her to make sure she was alright, Jinzi looks to Koorimaru and nods.

“Not sure about mentally, but I have some comm units in the second transport I was going to hand to you all before you left.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    In the end, Ishtar was no more injured than she herself had been two days ago when their roles were reversed. To that, Sarada let out a sigh of relief.

"You have nothing to be sorry about," she dismissed quietly. "I... should have dealt with this a long time ago. But, I didn't, and I let it fester inside me, until... this happened." She didn't apologize because she knew Ishtar would hear nothing of it. Neither of them had anything to be sorry for.

"So, I guess this means we need to head back so you can get patched up again, huh?"
    The source of Sarada's ember led to an understanding of its nature.

Nodding weakly as the girl explained herself, then. The Oni offered what she could. "Your trauma was an old, and open wound ... and mine was a sudden, and violent wound. The likely reason for the the difference between our expression of wrath." In the end, the trauma one pulled from determined the intensity. For Sarada to find such rage within herself ... her pain must have been horrendous indeed. And that she still suffered ? Proof that Ishtar's lessons were far from over, in the least.

"Sarada ... I know what it is to suffer alone. When you feel that such a thing can be spoken of, find me. Please."

In reality, the golden-eyed Oni knew she could not turn back the hands of time to right the wrongs committed, nor would she want to. Yet she wished to help Sarada mend, in what little way she could. If that merely meant an ear for the girl to vent to, the Oni would offer it gladly.

The topic shifted back to the matter of Ishtar's injuries however, and after considering it a moment, the Oni shook her head.

"No .. I uh. I do not think it would be wise. At least not so soon after our last incident." It was becoming a precedent set, really. Each time the two women had 'sparred', one had come away with broken bones, or internal injuries. Time enough to 'walk it off' before returning, would be ... beneficial. To say nothing of what Nunlil had offered.

"I believe you have training yet with Nunlil, if you wish to do so still, I see no reason not to. Though I wholly understand should you not."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

While the others dealt with a drunken Eva, Totoma had gotten around to surveying the damage from the food fight. It was like a... culinary battlefield. With no survivors. There was nothing left unscathed, not even the Kava water or whatever it was. All gone, like a hock of meat throw into a group of hungry saiyans. And he hadn't gotten to eat any of it, because he'd chosen to relax with a cup of tea before enjoying his meal.

His stomach growled in protest. Damn, he was hungry. So... damn hungry. For the second time in so many days.

Totoma wandered outside, passing by Sarada and Ishtar who were discussing... something. It didn't matter to him. Nothing mattered to him except food. He'd eat these damn palm trees if he had to.

He sighed, leaned/slammed his head against one of the palm trees, and just... stood there, not doing or saying anything. He needed to think of a way to overcome the pre-battle jitters, but that was impossible when his mind was filled with nothing but thoughts of food!

Perhaps he could go to the kitchen to fix himself up... something, anything, but Zaofan had probably used up most of their stock making that feast... and now it was gone! ALL GONE.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Seeing Ishtar so embarrassed and... flustered made Sarada feel bad for not remembering. Of course, there was nothing to feel bad about. If she didn't remember, she didn't remember. Still, she frowned and tried her best to pierce the haze clouding over her memory for something, anything that could trigger what happened. "Um, you mean you calling me little love? I remember that," she answered.

Her frowned deepened.

Sarada could remember bits and pieces of whatever it was Ishtar was talking about. Something about forgiveness and... something. That hardly, in her mind, would warrant this level of embarrassment, to the point that the Oni was turning red. Sarada dug deeper, in hopes of finding --

She caught a glimpse, a singular image of Ishtar's face so close to hers. There were very few things that could have meant. "Did we kiss?" she asked, tone confused and slightly disbelieving.
    Ishtar looked at Sarada somewhat sheepishly, before nodding.

"You had spilled water on yourself, so I ... toweled you off," the Oni began to explain. Though it would be obvious enough that it was as much a simple attempt to help the girl dry off as it was something else entirely. "You were close, and I was close ... then your tail started brushing my cheek; and I admittedly could not help myself."

In the end, Ishtar knew well she could have helped herself- and in a way she had- but the Oni had not wanted to.

"So when I called you ... it was not wholly intentional. There was however a reason."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The source of Sarada's ember led to an understanding of its nature.

Nodding weakly as the girl explained herself, then. The Oni offered what she could. "Your trauma was an old, and open wound ... and mine was a sudden, and violent wound. The likely reason for the the difference between our expression of wrath." In the end, the trauma one pulled from determined the intensity. For Sarada to find such rage within herself ... her pain must have been horrendous indeed. And that she still suffered ? Proof that Ishtar's lessons were far from over, in the least.

"Sarada ... I know what it is to suffer alone. When you feel that such a thing can be spoken of, find me. Please."

In reality, the golden-eyed Oni knew she could not turn back the hands of time to right the wrongs committed, nor would she want to. Yet she wished to help Sarada mend, in what little way she could. If that merely meant an ear for the girl to vent to, the Oni would offer it gladly.

The topic shifted back to the matter of Ishtar's injuries however, and after considering it a moment, the Oni shook her head.

"No .. I uh. I do not think it would be wise. At least not so soon after our last incident." It was becoming a precedent set, really. Each time the two women had 'sparred', one had come away with broken bones, or internal injuries. Time enough to 'walk it off' before returning, would be ... beneficial. To say nothing of what Nunlil had offered.

"I believe you have training yet with Nunlil, if you wish to do so still, I see no reason not to. Though I wholly understand should you not."
    At Ishtar's offer of a listening ear when Sarada was ready to divulge what happened to her, she hesitated. She didn't like baring her soul to people. It was a show of weakness, a trait that a Saiyan couldn't and wouldn't show. She was strong, supposed to be strong, and would be and act like it for as long as it was possible.

But, that mentality was what led her to this situation in the first place. Instead of talking to someone -- even Maiz, who often offered her a listening ear in the same way Ishtar had -- she bottled it up and repressed it. For years, she hadn't thought about it except for the occasional nightmare; it was only when she began her training here that it suddenly bubbled up to the forefront of her memory.

If she repressed it again, who was to say that it wouldn't come up again, perhaps with someone she didn't feel attached to?

She sighed and capitulated. "Okay."

The talk then shifted to Ishtar's injuries. She declined the offer to leave so she could heal, at least right at this moment. That was fine, she supposed. She wanted to continue her training, and hear whatever Nunlil wanted to teach her. "Okay. I'd like to keep training," she said to Nunlil.

Ishtar looked at Sarada somewhat sheepishly, before nodding.

"You had spilled water on yourself, so I ... toweled you off," the Oni began to explain. Though it would be obvious enough that it was as much a simple attempt to help the girl dry off as it was something else entirely. "You were close, and I was close ... then your tail started brushing my cheek; and I admittedly could not help myself."

In the end, Ishtar knew well she could have helped herself- and in a way she had- but the Oni had not wanted to.

"So when I called you ... it was not wholly intentional. There was however a reason."
    Well, for one, that would explain why she was in her tights and her armor was missing. If that was the case, then it should have been somewhere in the eating area. Two, she didn't remember any of that.

She would be remiss to deny that there wasn't any attraction between the two of them. Saiyan attraction was very complicated. It was equal parts strength, physical aesthetics, and a combination of other things. Just because a person was strong didn't mean that Sarada would want to mate with them if they were ugly, and vice versa. Ishtar was both strong and beautiful, with a very appealing figure that fell well within Sarada's guidelines for a female mate. So, to hear that she allowed her to kiss her when they were close was of no surprise.

What was surprising was that Ishtar even did it. She appeared to have more self-control, and she highly doubted that the kava water -- or whatever it was -- had that much of an affect on her. Not that Sarada was complaining.

Well, she was a little, if only because she chose a moment when she was inebriated to do so.

"I see. Even if I have no recollection of the majority of that, I have know reason to disbelieve you." She smirked cockily. "So, how was it? The best you ever had, I'm sure."
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 04-01-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    While the others dealt with a drunken Eva, Totoma had gotten around to surveying the damage from the food fight. It was like a... culinary battlefield. With no survivors. There was nothing left unscathed, not even the Kava water or whatever it was. All gone, like a hock of meat throw into a group of hungry saiyans. And he hadn't gotten to eat any of it, because he'd chosen to relax with a cup of tea before enjoying his meal.

His stomach growled in protest. Damn, he was hungry. So... damn hungry. For the second time in so many days.

Totoma wandered outside, passing by Sarada and Ishtar who were discussing... something. It didn't matter to him. Nothing mattered to him except food. He'd eat these damn palm trees if he had to.

He sighed, leaned/slammed his head against one of the palm trees, and just... stood there, not doing or saying anything. He needed to think of a way to overcome the pre-battle jitters, but that was impossible when his mind was filled with nothing but thoughts of food!

Perhaps he could go to the kitchen to fix himself up... something, anything, but Zaofan had probably used up most of their stock making that feast... and now it was gone! ALL GONE.
    Zaofan landed on the Lookout, recovering from the coughing fit. He liked how his cape flapped in the night time wind. He saw Sarada and Ishtar talking in the distance, but he could also see Totoma, too. He landed by the young man. "A zeni for your thoughts?"

Upon landing, he casually strolled over. "I could sense that you're still hungry. Not ki sense, mind you. Your tummy's rumbling and I heard it from up there."

He took a deep breath in frustratio and relief. "This air will help me clear my head from... Whatever it was I served us. But this whole mess is my fault. And I'll clean up the dining room for payback. What's on your mind, Totoma?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan landed on the Lookout, recovering from the coughing fit. He liked how his cape flapped in the night time wind. He saw Sarada and Ishtar talking in the distance, but he could also see Totoma, too. He landed by the young man. "A zeni for your thoughts?"

Upon landing, he casually strolled over. "I could sense that you're still hungry. Not ki sense, mind you. Your tummy's rumbling and I heard it from up there."

He took a deep breath in frustratio and relief. "This air will help me clear my head from... Whatever it was I served us. But this whole mess is my fault. And I'll clean up the dining room for payback. What's on your mind, Totoma?"
    Ah, Zaofan. He was asking for his thoughts.

Totoma pushed himself into a fully standing position and turned to Zaofan. "...hungry, obviously. Please tell me you have some ingredients left over, because otherwise... well, being hungry can mess with an Earthling's sleep... now imagine what hunger can do to a Saiyan's. I don't think I'll be much use if I'm, ya know, collapsed on the ground from hunger and exhaustion."

He forced a grin. "But, hey, my fault for trying to relax and enjoy the feast instead of pigging out right from the beginning. I mean, it's... become clear that this group can't get through a meal without something going horribly wrong."

"Beyond my hunger... Eh, just... apprehensive about tomorrow, I guess. Sounds weird coming from a Saiyan, but it turns out that the... circumstances of my training in my early years left me with... certain... issues I need to deal with, when it comes to battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Ah, Zaofan. He was asking for his thoughts.

Totoma pushed himself into a fully standing position and turned to Zaofan. "...hungry, obviously. Please tell me you have some ingredients left over, because otherwise... well, being hungry can mess with an Earthling's sleep... now imagine what hunger can do to a Saiyan's. I don't think I'll be much use if I'm, ya know, collapsed on the ground from hunger and exhaustion."

He forced a grin. "But, hey, my fault for trying to relax and enjoy the feast instead of pigging out right from the beginning. I mean, it's... become clear that this group can't get through a meal without something going horribly wrong."

"Beyond my hunger... Eh, just... apprehensive about tomorrow, I guess. Sounds weird coming from a Saiyan, but it turns out that the... circumstances of my training in my early years left me with... certain... issues I need to deal with, when it comes to battle."
    Zaofan smiled as he took a seat on the bricks of the flower bed holding the trees.

"That's the beauty part about cooking - - you gey to see how individual ingredients mix with each other, and see how they affect the entire dish. That you could detect the pattern of our friends being unable to have a peaceful meal for a change... That's a testament to your own observation... And culinary... skills. Better than mine, in fact."

"But don't worry, I didn't use all the food. I wanted us to come back to *something* after the mission. And to Chou's credit, he bought way more food than I asked, or anticipated. I can whip you up something before I clean the dining hall."

He took another deep breath as he wrapped his cape over his shoulders like a blanket. "You know, in my hubris and good intentions, I wanted this meal to address everyone's pre-battle jitters. The format of the menu, the kava drink, those were all gestures to emphasize that we have each other. That a communal meal and toast would show how much we trust each other. And yet... It blew up in my face."

Zaofan got up to pat Totoma on the shoulder. "Being nervous before something like this is normal. It's good. It shows you're alive. But you're not going in alone. You're on the Tournament team, with the likes of Charco, and Karine, and... Me. We're the ingredients of what's going to be a very successful dish tomorrow."

"... Now, what would you want me to whip up for you? I'd feel bad that any of my diners went hungry for the night. Especially with a big day tomorrow. We need to be at our best, and I'll help you get there."
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-01-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she landed, she quietly headed to her room without saying anything to anyone.
    Once there she kicks off her shoes, then lays down on the bed and cries herself to sleep.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

At Ishtar's offer of a listening ear when Sarada was ready to divulge what happened to her, she hesitated. She didn't like baring her soul to people. It was a show of weakness, a trait that a Saiyan couldn't and wouldn't show. She was strong, supposed to be strong, and would be and act like it for as long as it was possible.

But, that mentality was what led her to this situation in the first place. Instead of talking to someone -- even Maiz, who often offered her a listening ear in the same way Ishtar had -- she bottled it up and repressed it. For years, she hadn't thought about it except for the occasional nightmare; it was only when she began her training here that it suddenly bubbled up to the forefront of her memory.

If she repressed it again, who was to say that it wouldn't come up again, perhaps with someone she didn't feel attached to?

She sighed and capitulated. "Okay."

The talk then shifted to Ishtar's injuries. She declined the offer to leave so she could heal, at least right at this moment. That was fine, she supposed. She wanted to continue her training, and hear whatever Nunlil wanted to teach her. "Okay. I'd like to keep training," she said to Nunlil.
    Ishtar offered Sarada a nod.

There was no sense in saying more. In the end the young Saiyan had agreed to take the Oni up on her offer of aid when the time- and her wish to speak of such things- came and she was willing to divulge it. And that was enough. Though after a few moments, and as the girl found herself stepping over towards Nunlil to learn whatever it was the pink Oni had on offer, Ishtar felt the need to say at least one thing.

"You did well, Sarada, far better than I did."

---

While a large number of questions remained unanswered, Nunlil was glad that the lesson had ended without the need for her intervention. In any event the matter was settled now, and while Ishtar took the time necessary to recover her dignity, it was time for her lesson with Sarada.

So when the girl approached and indicated it was time to continue, the Oni nodded.

"Then let us jump right into it."

Stepping off a ways to give her blue cousin some space, the Nunlil considered her new student a moment before smiling. "I like the way you fight, tiny one. I am stronger, faster, and yet you wished to lock fists all the same. Though along with Ishtar, that makes you ... vulnerable." The pink Oni began to breakdown what she had noticed in fight. "One more think I liked was that Galick Gun of yours, last time I felt that amount of ache it took four of you and a blow that destroyed an arm. Though the charge time was ... well."

Had it not been for Ishtar, or Meagan, the Oni might not have given her time necessary to use it.

"Anyway ... I figure you have enough versatility to learn a thing or two ... so let us start with the Blast Grenade."

Nunlil smirked as she said this, one of the first things the Oni had offered Sarada after all, was a point-blank Blast Grenade. "To start ... Actually ... see if you can build up a small ball of energy in the surface of either your elbow, or your knee."

Well, for one, that would explain why she was in her tights and her armor was missing. If that was the case, then it should have been somewhere in the eating area. Two, she didn't remember any of that.

She would be remiss to deny that there wasn't any attraction between the two of them. Saiyan attraction was very complicated. It was equal parts strength, physical aesthetics, and a combination of other things. Just because a person was strong didn't mean that Sarada would want to mate with them if they were ugly, and vice versa. Ishtar was both strong and beautiful, with a very appealing figure that fell well within Sarada's guidelines for a female mate. So, to hear that she allowed her to kiss her when they were close was of no surprise.

What was surprising was that Ishtar even did it. She appeared to have more self-control, and she highly doubted that the kava water -- or whatever it was -- had that much of an affect on her. Not that Sarada was complaining.

Well, she was a little, if only because she chose a moment when she was inebriated to do so.

"I see. Even if I have no recollection of the majority of that, I have know reason to disbelieve you." She smirked cockily. "So, how was it? The best you ever had, I'm sure."
    Ishtar nodded again, somewhat less embarrassed than she had been at the admission itself.

"If I did not need to breathe, I doubt it would have ended as quickly as it had ... and had a food-fight not interrupted us ..." The Oni trailed off the implication clear. Though in truth at worst it would have led to more of the same; perhaps even some biting. As much as Ishtar enjoyed the notion of spending more time with the Sarada, doing such while one was clearly under the influence of ... whatever it was Zaofan had truly made for them was not the way one wished to end an evening. Knowing that that the young Saiyan likely would not have remembered anything besides, simply added to Ishtar's own aversion to the idea.

"It was very good, yes. Though ... you do not remember."

Silent for a long moment, then, Ishtar considered something before glancing over at Sarada. There were a myriad of though and feelings flowing through the Oni's mind at the moment but despite herself she favored one question above the rest.

"... Would you like to try again, now that you will remember ?"

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....you know....I can't tell if its me not being wise enough to understand, or you being complex to the point of nonsense....but sometimes your saying fly over my head." Etrina let out a sigh, taking a moment to gather her nerves before it began. "Ok....Let us proceed then. This way..." Etrina stepped up to the garden entrance, and despite all she had done to prepare herself a cold chill came creeping up her body. She shivered, unconsciously, but shook the fear out and stepped forward....into the maze.....

---- 9 Years ago -----

In the distance a bell tolled 8 times. The moon was bright and full in the sly, illuminating the mansion and garden maze with an eerie unnatural glow...bringing with it a thick, oppressive atmosphere that brought a chill to ones blood despite the relative warmth of the air. It seemed a night fit for ghouls, ghosts and demons.

So it was, without a doubt, the last place a young Etrina wished to be. The memory of her warm bed was still fresh on the mind, but the manor servants had ushered her out to the garden at the request of her father. Even going so far as to take the long way through the maze to get there, it all seemed rather overcomplex for a simple father to daughter talk....and the look on his face as she was brought before him spoke volumes towards what she already know was waiting for her.

The months since her mother had left had not been kind on either of them. But her father had taken the event as something of a sign....or at least he had taken something from it beyond what Etrina could understand. For her, the loss had been horrible.....but for her father, it seemed as if a fire had been lit behind his dark eyes. Before, he had always shown restraint when dealing with the tutoring and mage training aspects of Etrinas life...aspects she herself didn't much care for. Back then, Etrina lived a much more whimsical lifestyle. Helping her mother, learning to cook, playing with the staff. Though she lacked friends....she had the imagination to make her own, often playing games by herself in the hedges and fields surrounding the estate. Classes then were light, with her father showing her the simple ways of magecraft.........yet....even though he always spoke to her with such a kind voice, and looked over her with those patience eyes.....slowly......they lost that sparkle....

Then the arguments started, the yelling....Etrina blocked it out whenever it happened. Finally, her mother.....just left. One day she woke up and she just wasn't there anymore.

...and her father, it was like she had been the only thing holding him in check all this time. Etrinas life had been turned upside down at the loss of her mother, but he didn't even give her the time to grieve, nor adjust to her new situation. Instead...just like tonight.....she had ceased to be a person to him.

"....and once you reach the mansion entrance, the test will conclude.......Do you understand Etrina?" A harsh voice cut the warmth from Etrina, sending a cold shiver down her spine. In truth she hadn't been paying attention, but she nodded anyways fearing any other answer would only serve to set her father off on a rant. She had gathered enough of what he had told her.....she just had to make it back to the mansion doorway from here? It seemed rather strange that his test was so simple sounding in nature, yet she was tired....too tired lately, the energy to study as badly as her father seemed to want just wasn't in her. It was such a bother to her now....the night was giving her a bad feeling......and she was cranky to boot........

"....daddy.....*yawn*.......Can we do this tomorrow......I'm really...I'm really sleepy...."

The father, his eyes bore down on his daughter like two burning hot coals.....and then softened ever so slightly as he bent over and placed his arm upon her shoulder. "....Now Etrina.....I've told you before.....I've told you again and again. You mustn't let such small things hold you down. Your letting your feelings, your weaknesses....get in the way of who you are meant to be. Do you remember who you are?"

Etrina rubbed the sleep from her eye, and recited what he had told her....more from reflex then conscious awareness. "I'm Etrina Stoltengarde, future 9th Generation Mage of Yawwwwwn......Mage of the Stoltengarde family. I will inherit the legacy of all mages before me and asen....acend.....ascend as the one true Scion."

The yawn drew a cold look from her father, but he nodded all the same. "Yes, you are the Scion of our family. Etrina....you are our light reborn."

Etrina jerked under her fathers grip, and in a childish fit combined with her lack of sleep and general mood, she whined a bit to loudly. ".....I don't care about scions.....I just want to go to bed......."

The grip on her shoulder tightened, and she immediately knew something was wrong. "......and thats......why I can't bear to look at you Etrina. You have your destiny set out before you, but all you care about is sleeping....playing games....childish fantasies. You have such a shining fate awaiting you....and yet....with every breath, and every word.....you SPIT ON IT!"

Etrina wasn't prepared for the blow that followed.....how could she be? How could any child be prepared for that. As she sailed backwards, as white hot pain bloomed from her nose and the taste of copper filled her mouth. She was as confused as she was frightened. She landed on the ground hard, gripped her face with her hand and barely muffling the sobs of pain. Her father had already risen back to her feet, looking down with cold emotionless eyes.

"....This is where your training begins, Etrina. This will be your training ground......and I swear to you, by all the powers at my disposal. This night will not end for you until you succeed. No matter matter how many times you fail, no matter how much you suffer.....you will take the first step towards your destiny." Her father took a step back, and snapped his finger, the sound loud and piercing.

"CHONA, PARSIC! OBEY THE ANCIENT SEAL! LET THIS SPACE BE SEALED! LET THIS TIME BE CONTAINED! UNTIL SHE EMERGES AS SCION........"

His gaze fell upon her writhing form, and smiled......the smile of a loving father upon his child.

"....my beautiful child....this will be your cocoon. Show me a glorious....butterfly...."
    OOC: Yikes. Great post Sandman.

IC:

Etrina shivered as she stepped forward, facing her fears once more. What memories this place called forth within her, Asha'rah could not know. But she might yet learn.

Asha'rah held out a hand to forestall their advance.

"Before we begin, might we agree on a few signals? If we are to proceed under cover of stealth, then it would behoove us to be as silent as the owl."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Ishtar offered Sarada a nod.

There was no sense in saying more. In the end the young Saiyan had agreed to take the Oni up on her offer of aid when the time- and her wish to speak of such things- came and she was willing to divulge it. And that was enough. Though after a few moments, and as the girl found herself stepping over towards Nunlil to learn whatever it was the pink Oni had on offer, Ishtar felt the need to say at least one thing.

"You did well, Sarada, far better than I did."

---

While a large number of questions remained unanswered, Nunlil was glad that the lesson had ended without the need for her intervention. In any event the matter was settled now, and while Ishtar took the time necessary to recover her dignity, it was time for her lesson with Sarada.

So when the girl approached and indicated it was time to continue, the Oni nodded.

"Then let us jump right into it."

Stepping off a ways to give her blue cousin some space, the Nunlil considered her new student a moment before smiling. "I like the way you fight, tiny one. I am stronger, faster, and yet you wished to lock fists all the same. Though along with Ishtar, that makes you ... vulnerable." The pink Oni began to breakdown what she had noticed in fight. "One more think I liked was that Galick Gun of yours, last time I felt that amount of ache it took four of you and a blow that destroyed an arm. Though the charge time was ... well."

Had it not been for Ishtar, or Meagan, the Oni might not have given her time necessary to use it.

"Anyway ... I figure you have enough versatility to learn a thing or two ... so let us start with the Blast Grenade."

Nunlil smirked as she said this, one of the first things the Oni had offered Sarada after all, was a point-blank Blast Grenade. "To start ... Actually ... see if you can build up a small ball of energy in the surface of either your elbow, or your knee."
    Sarada offered Ishtar one last smile before leaving with Nunlil to begin her training. She didn't have to give herself a pep talk in order to focus on the task at hand. What happened to her just recently was more than enough to quell any sexual feelings she felt toward the red Oni. At least for the time being.

First, before the training came praise at her versatility and fighting style. She smiled and nodded at it all, only feeling compelled to give a genuine, "Thanks," and a comment about the Galick Gun's charge time. "Yeah, I... need to work on that. It's fine for training and spars, times when my opponents aren't trying to kill me. During the real deal, that will cost me." It was on the list of things she needed to work on, a list that was inexhaustible, only growing in size as time moved forward and she learned new techniques.

Nunlil moved on to the lesson at hand, the Blast Grenade. The mere mention of it made her chest ache, a dull throb to remind her of their fight days ago. She was sure the Oni realized this, which was why she smirked. "My elbow or knee? Alright." With Scarlet Fever, she channeled ki into her elbows and knees to strike with extra power, so this really wasn't much different.

It took a few tries, since she was focusing on a smaller area -- the point of her elbow only -- as opposed to the entire surface. Once she got it down, she grinned. "Okay, got it."

Ishtar nodded again, somewhat less embarrassed than she had been at the admission itself.

"If I did not need to breathe, I doubt it would have ended as quickly as it had ... and had a food-fight not interrupted us ..." The Oni trailed off the implication clear. Though in truth at worst it would have led to more of the same; perhaps even some biting. As much as Ishtar enjoyed the notion of spending more time with the Sarada, doing such while one was clearly under the influence of ... whatever it was Zaofan had truly made for them was not the way one wished to end an evening. Knowing that that the young Saiyan likely would not have remembered anything besides, simply added to Ishtar's own aversion to the idea.

"It was very good, yes. Though ... you do not remember."

Silent for a long moment, then, Ishtar considered something before glancing over at Sarada. There were a myriad of though and feelings flowing through the Oni's mind at the moment but despite herself she favored one question above the rest.

"... Would you like to try again, now that you will remember ?"
    It didn't take much to figure out what she was implying when she said the foodfight interrupted them. She knew exactly how she would have felt, had what she thought would have happened had happened. Needless to say, she was glad it didn't. And it sounded like Ishtar agreed, so she didn't bring it up.

Instead, her smirk persisted. "I figured. Saiyans don't kiss much, but rather bite, but it really isn't that hard." She actually had kissed someone before. A few people actually, but a relatively small number regardless.

When she was offered the chance to relive that moment now that she was in her right mind, her smirk dropped. Her face felt hot, a feeling that she did remember through the haziness. "I... yes," she replied softly before clearing her throat. "I mean, yes, I would."

A beat passed, spent with her looking around to make sure no one was looking -- not that she cared, but she didn't want to hear any lip from anyone. Satisfied that no one would was paying attention, she placed a hand on the back of Ishtar's head and pulled her down into a kiss.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 04-01-2018 at 09:15 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

A beat passed, spent with her looking around to make sure no one was looking -- not that she cared, but she didn't want to hear any lip from anyone. Satisfied that no one would was paying attention, she placed a hand on the back of Ishtar's head and pulled her down into a kiss.
    While speaking with Totoma, Zaofan saw what was going on at the other side of the Lookout.

"Did Ishtar and Sarada...?"

He did a double take. "Did they do that during...dinner?"

He then grabbed hold of Totoma's upper arm. "How about I uh, start cooking for you. Inside."

Zaofan then turned around, maybe not with jealousy as he would have the day before, but just out of line gladness that something went well with this dinner.

"Whatever you want me to make," he said as he put his hand on Totoma's shoulder.

Zaofan smiled as he took a seat on the bricks of the flower bed holding the trees.

"That's the beauty part about cooking - - you gey to see how individual ingredients mix with each other, and see how they affect the entire dish. That you could detect the pattern of our friends being unable to have a peaceful meal for a change... That's a testament to your own observation... And culinary... skills. Better than mine, in fact."

"But don't worry, I didn't use all the food. I wanted us to come back to *something* after the mission. And to Chou's credit, he bought way more food than I asked, or anticipated. I can whip you up something before I clean the dining hall."

He took another deep breath as he wrapped his cape over his shoulders like a blanket. "You know, in my hubris and good intentions, I wanted this meal to address everyone's pre-battle jitters. The format of the menu, the kava drink, those were all gestures to emphasize that we have each other. That a communal meal and toast would show how much we trust each other. And yet... It blew up in my face."

Zaofan got up to pat Totoma on the shoulder. "Being nervous before something like this is normal. It's good. It shows you're alive. But you're not going in alone. You're on the Tournament team, with the likes of Charco, and Karine, and... Me. We're the ingredients of what's going to be a very successful dish tomorrow."

"... Now, what would you want me to whip up for you? I'd feel bad that any of my diners went hungry for the night. Especially with a big day tomorrow. We need to be at our best, and I'll help you get there."
    "Your cooking skills are far superior to my own... almost as good as my dad's, in fact," said Totoma. "And that's not praise I give lightly--he had his faults, but even the likes of Jinzi regularly ate at his restaurant, before his death."

He paused to think about what he wanted. "...just roasted and seasoned meat. Any kind." Fancy dishes were fine on occasion, but he'd grown accustomed to simple, hearty dishes over the past year. After all, most of his food had come from him going out into the wilderness, punching an animal or dinosaur in the schnoz until it died, and then cooking it. Not exactly high dining, but... it kept him well-fed.

Another pause.

"And... my issue is a bit more complicated than that. You've maybe heard me mention that I used to be quite a bit stronger as a kid, right? I'm not just bragging... until Jagam, I'd never really had to deal with a legitimate threat. No one could even hurt me, besides a few people who were on my side to begin with, so... fighting was a game to me, in a sense."

"And after Jagam and until very recently, I... honestly, was probably hoping someone would kill me. But now, I actually want to live, but I can't channel my old power, even though it's there, and actually have to fight evenly-matched opponents and... even at a disadvantage. I'm not really worried about the tourney, but when it comes down to a real battle?" He raised his hand, which was visibly shaking just from the thought. "...I may freeze, unless, like, Karine's in danger or something."

While speaking with Totoma, Zaofan saw what was going on at the other side of the Lookout.

"Did Ishtar and Sarada...?"

He did a double take. "Did they do that during...dinner?"

He then grabbed hold of Totoma's upper arm. "How about I uh, start cooking for you. Inside."

Zaofan then turned around, maybe not with jealousy as he would have the day before, but just out of line gladness that something went well with this dinner.

"Whatever you want me to make," he said as he put his hand on Totoma's shoulder.
    Totoma blinked as Zaofan began dragging him... towards the kitchen, presumably. He'd caught sight of Ishtar and Sarada... er... tongue-wrestling, but why was...

Oh.

A devious grin appeared on Totoma's face. "Well, enough of my issues... you sure seemed to be in a hurry to leave once Ishtar and Sarada began... wrestling."
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 04-01-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Sarada offered Ishtar one last smile before leaving with Nunlil to begin her training. She didn't have to give herself a pep talk in order to focus on the task at hand. What happened to her just recently was more than enough to quell any sexual feelings she felt toward the red Oni. At least for the time being.

First, before the training came praise at her versatility and fighting style. She smiled and nodded at it all, only feeling compelled to give a genuine, "Thanks," and a comment about the Galick Gun's charge time. "Yeah, I... need to work on that. It's fine for training and spars, times when my opponents aren't trying to kill me. During the real deal, that will cost me." It was on the list of things she needed to work on, a list that was inexhaustible, only growing in size as time moved forward and she learned new techniques.

Nunlil moved on to the lesson at hand, the Blast Grenade. The mere mention of it made her chest ache, a dull throb to remind her of their fight days ago. She was sure the Oni realized this, which was why she smirked. "My elbow or knee? Alright." With Scarlet Fever, she channeled ki into her elbows and knees to strike with extra power, so this really wasn't much different.

It took a few tries, since she was focusing on a smaller area -- the point of her elbow only -- as opposed to the entire surface. Once she got it down, she grinned. "Okay, got it."
    Sarada seemed a quick study, and after a few tries of fumbling she displayed her success for Nunlil's appraisal. And from what the Oni could feel, the girl had done a fine job of it. Nodding then, Nunlil pressed on ahead.

"The Blast Grenade, unlike say a traditional burst of Ki, is mainly concussive force. Applied at close range, or say, added to the end of a punch or a kick ... or an elbow; it will add that much more force to the impact. So now that you've got that first step, I want you to crush that already tiny ball down to the point where it cannot become any smaller without detonating. "

It didn't take much to figure out what she was implying when she said the food fight interrupted them. She knew exactly how she would have felt, had what she thought would have happened had happened. Needless to say, she was glad it didn't. And it sounded like Ishtar agreed, so she didn't bring it up.

Instead, her smirk persisted. "I figured. Saiyans don't kiss much, but rather bite, but it really isn't that hard." She actually had kissed someone before. A few people actually, but a relatively small number regardless.

When she was offered the chance to relive that moment now that she was in her right mind, her smirk dropped. Her face felt hot, a feeling that she did remember through the haziness. "I... yes," she replied softly before clearing her throat. "I mean, yes, I would."

"Saiyans prefer biting ... that feels appropriate." Ishtar said in reply.

Insight into the mind of the young Saiyan, besides. Nor was it something the Oni herself was adverse to. So as she stood there musing over the possibilities hidden in such a simple statement of fact, the couldn't help but look away embarrassed, before returning her attention to the girl. Only for the question she had asked a moment before, to be answered in an almost whisper.

Sarada hesitated a moment then, no doubt making sure that she would not be seen by someone who might make light of it ... and that itself was endearing. Then all at once the young Saiyan stepped in and with and quickly wrapping itself around the back of Ishtar's head, she was pulled down into a kiss.

Only this time, Sarada would remember.

Simply enjoying the way the girl tasted for a short time- faintly of the Kava Water, and sweat, and ... some form of sauce- the Oni slowly moved her arms down and wrapped them around Sarada's waist. Pulling the girl closer then, she pressed their bodies together. And with way it felt then, Sarada's body pressed against hers in the heat of the moment ... Ishtar had no issue remaining like for as long as as she had air left in her lungs.

Arx Inosaan