Page 506 of 661 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,590 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    “Most excellent, my dear Pantaloon.” Koorimaru clasped his hands together, “With the lack of individuals possessing telepathic abilities in our ranks, any form of communication will be most welcome.”
    “I gothcha. If you’ll excuse me, I’ll actually go over there and make sure that everything is ready for tomorrow. Have a good night, Koorimaru.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: Last one for the night for me.
    ---

Charco was forced to make a dive for the ball, narrowly managing to secure it before hitting the ground in a roll. Rolling to his feet, he lobbed it back at the wall again, the speed and height making it a fast lowball.
    The ball came at Meagan fast. Making a dive for it, she missed, turned and watched as the ball continued out over the edge of the Lookout. Quickly getting up, she ran over to the edge and dived off after it. A moment later, she reappeared hovering in the air just off the edge of the Plaza, holding the ball high in her hand.

Landing on the ground, one foot then another in a natural walk, she headed back to Charco and handed him the ball with a smile. "Meditation is great but so is having fun with friends. Tomorrow is going to be a challenging day, best to get some sleep while we can. I'll see you in the morning."

With that she headed back to her bed, stretching and yawning as she did.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma wasn't surprised that Zaofan had heard of his father... and the Zhu. Both were quite famous, with the Zhu being notable in world, culinary, and martial history, in particular. Nowadays, though, the clan was content to sit back and enjoy life.

"Your cooking hasn't disappointed yet, Zaofan-san," said Totoma. "As for the clan's philosophy on cooking... honestly, it varies from person to person, but I think almost the entire clan would agree that cooking is best used to bring people together for a good time, as well as healing."

Totoma smirked. "The Zhu clan places a lot of emphasis on having lots of family and friends... after all, more friends and family equals more people to share good food and good times with. And make the bad times more tolerable."

"Everyone's welcome at a Zhu party, though, as long as they don't cause trouble and have fun."
    Zaofan was positively delighted. "I've had many teachers and studied many disciplines in my life. But to just even meet the Zhu Clan? That might have to be my new goal, once this is all over. They sound like a clan that really enjoys life."

Hm. Zaofan looked fairly young, but despite his occasional goofiness, did seem... somewhat older, more worldly. Made him wonder why he was bothering with younger women, but... ehh, whatever.

"Hm, well... it's a Saiyan thing. I may be a halfbreed, but to let myself fall this far... it's shameful. Doubly so considering who my mother was." Totoma paused to shift his weight to the other elbow. "Honestly, I think part of the reason I've got the jitters is because if I end up getting myself killed, she'll be waiting for me in the afterlife or whatever just to kick my ass for being such a dumbass for ten years."
    Zaofan flipped the meat one last time. It was almost ready to serve, the sizzling starting to get to Zaofan himself despite the fact that he had eaten already.

"Huh. I guess, whether you're human or Saiyan or some other being, you really don't want to disappoint your parents. Wellp, without really knowing your mother, I can't really say anything trite like, 'I'm sure she's proud of you no matter where she's watching from,' but at the very least, you are your mother's son. If she was powerful, you will be in your own way, too."

"Thanks, it was... a pretty terrible experience, and I actually had to have Miss Kami--Eva--sort of... mess around in my head a bit after I disappeared from that first bout of mental training. I took the easy way out, but I was... frankly, coming unraveled and quickly regressing into a very dark mindset I really... really didn't want to slide back into."

Totoma considered the question about how he'd become so powerful. "Ate well, trained hard, and got enough rest. I also wanted to live up to my mother's expectations and... really, it was a convenient excuse to spend time and bond with her. Mom never really said 'good job' or anything like that, but when I did well... I knew. She got this twinkle in her eye and a slight, barely noticeable grin that said 'that's my boy'."

Yeah, special and devoted was a good way to describe her, at least to him. His thoughts drifted back to Karine, and, more specifically, the kiss they'd shared. That shit-eating grin deepened even further.

"They lived next door, after a certain point, and her father, Aiden, and my mother were both part of the same mercenary group for a number of years, so... yeah, our families were close," said Totoma, eying the almost-done tea. "Her Dad was... another really strong guy. On par with my mom and dad, but... he didn't have a high opinion of Saiyans at first..."

Totoma paused, recalling his first meeting with Karine, as well as Aiden, shortly after. "When I first met Karine, Aiden wasn't pleased at all that his daughter was in the company of a Saiyan, even a child. I... uh... didn't help things, because ya know what I said?"

He cleared his throat. "Wow, mister, you're pretty strong! Let's fight!"

Shaking his head, Totoma continued. "...then we fought for a bit, and shortly after, my mom showed up and tagged in and... uh... she fought Aiden and... at the end of the day my mother and I had both made a friend."

That was the cliffnotes version, and... said out loud, it sounded completely insane.

"Aiden was tough, and my mom got him into the Riskbreakers, and... eventually, we managed to get them a house right next door to ours, where they've lived ever since. Aiden... disappeared a few years back, so now it's just Karine, her mother, and her two younger sisters."
    Zaofan listened intently, brushing one last bit of butter braise on the skewers. "Whoa, Totoma! In one sense, what a privilege to be surrounded by all these powerful, formidable people! Not just your parents, not just your friend, but your neighbors, too." but then, while flipping the skewers, asked in concern. "Are you... trying to keep up with them now? Do you feel like you're letting them down? You were worried about what your mom would think of you, but you and your mom met Aiden through the very thing that you feel you're failing in -- through battle. I don't mean to pry, but your doubts clearly occupy your mind."

Totoma lifted the tea cup up to his mouth and blew on it a few times to get the temperature juuust right for him. Cautiously, he took a sip, and, satisfied with the temperature, another, larger sip.

"True, and plenty of people to learn from... even if they don't realize they're even teaching me," said Totoma. He took another sip. "I've already gotten a few ideas for techniques just from watching the people in this group fight."
    "Excellent," Zaofan said with a smile. "I might not have much to offer in the way of teaching, but maybe one day we could trade notes on cooking? Surely you picked one or two tips from your father."

"Sounds... plausible. I do know he left home at a pretty early age--like, 12 or so--and travelled the world having adventures. He even claimed that, before he got to space, he ascended into the heavens and trained with... god?"

Lowering his tea, his expression became a bit perturbed. "...I always thought he was just making that up, but right now... I'm in the heavens and there's a 'god' on the very same structure. Huh, I'll have to ask her about whether or not he trained here."

It would certainly explain at least part of his ridiculous strength, having been trained by Kami. "Yeah, after that, he somehow got off Earth and ended up joining the Riskbreakers as their cook, and some time after, my mother fell in with that group and... yeah, rest is history."
    Zaofan's eyebrows went crooked, listening to Totoma ponder about his father. "Just who IS this guy? I never met him and now I want him to be my dad, too."

"...still, my father would have respected your views on cooking, since they're pretty similar to that core value of Zhu cooking."
    "It would have been my honor, had I ever the chance to meet him. He seems like a stand up guy." Zaofan raised his cup of tea in a toast. "To absent heroes, one and all."

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack suddenly burst into the room, through the western wall and gripped Sarada and Zaofan, in friendly and rib crushing bear-hug.

"How are you to doing this fine afternoon?" Jack asked with a smile so wide it threatened to decapitate him. "You know I was feeling awful stressed a minute ago, but for some reason I'm feeling absolutely giddy!"

Jack cackled with manic joy.

"Isn't that weird?"
    Zaofan managed to get one hand free, but no matter how much he squirmed and pulled and pried with his free hand, he couldn't loosen Jack's grip. "J-Jack...! Please...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada had been curious where Jack had run off to. She hadn't seen him since they talked after he died in the simulation, and she was worried he was still dwelling on this self-depricating thoughts.

Well, trapped in his painful embrace with Zaofan, that answered her question. "I would be better if you'd let me go, Earth man." Wait, giddy?

She smelled his breathed and caught the scent of the Kava water. "Fucking joy. He's drunk off that stupid water." She pushed her arms out in an effort to free herself. "You're drunk Jack. Just sit down so you don't do anything stupid."
    Still struggling against the powerful grip, Zaofan interjected. "I -- ungh -- hate to be that guy, but technically he's not --ugh!-- drunk! I didn't put alcohol in it... but... I'll have to see what was... in those... roots to begin... with!"

Once more, Zaofan's carelessness bit him back.

"Pshaw," Jack waved a hand a dismissive manner, letting go of Sarada in the process, "Can't be drunk, just had some water. I was gonna take a nap, but..."

Jack shrugged "Someone else must of taken it first."

He eyed Zao for a minute before whispering a conspiratorial and loud manner to Sarada.

"Don't look now, but Zao's teeth have been replaced by bees. Don't let him know or else they'll sting him. Bees are dicks like that."
    Finally managing to free his other hand, Zaofan tried in vain to pull against Jack's grip. "Wait, why does -- ugh! everyone keep talking about -- ughn! -- my MOUTH?" Zaofan stopped pulling with one hand, so that he could touch his lips and feel his own tongue.

It could have been some weird intuition type thing. She recalled vaguely that whatever she tapped into before fighting with Ishtar was similar, but completely different from what Ishtar did a few days ago. Similar in that the results of such boosts were the same -- the recipients getting the shit kicked out of them -- and different in nearly every other aspect. And now, again with Nunlil's Ballad of Pain. Whatever Sarada did was similar in origin, but vastly different in execution and result.

It would give her a lot to think on. In the end, today's training had been far more fruitful than she could have imagined.

When asked why Ishtar didn't fight back, Sarada had an idea. "She felt responsible for it even coming to that. She felt she pushed me into remembering something I repressed years ago, so she didn't fight back until I was at a crossroads: stand down or kill her."

In the end, she would have rather she defended herself. Though, given how much faster and stronger she became after weaponizing her rage, she likely would have had to tap into her own rage to match. There was no telling what would have happened then.

"In the end, I think what happened was the best case scenario."
    Nunlil frowned.

She did not know much of Ishtar beyond what the Oni had shared with her so far, yet what Sarada offered seemed to make some form of sense. The blue Oni had been stockpiling energy from the plant-life in the Caldera, that much had been felt during the engagement- and that energy was still present- and yet it had not been used, even when the decision had been made to stand and fight ... the golden flame that was summoned to express her intent had sputtered. Regret ...

"Responsibility was taken to preserve my life, when first we met ... and she chose to sacrifice a limb. My cousin is ... strange."

Nunlil grunted then.

"In any event, it was nice to see what you were made of, Meagan as well. Unless there are questions you possess, I will quickly go over some things with my cousin and then we shall return to the Lookout."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The night rolls on, Jinzi actually sleeping after a few hours of working, the day dawns. Jinzi exits the secondary transport and goes to knock on Eva’s door. She tells him she’s still sick and will be up and about later, to start off without her.

Jinzi acknowledges this and starts getting everyone up and ready. He hands over an earpiece to everyone.

“For communication.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The night rolls on, Jinzi actually sleeping after a few hours of working, the day dawns. Jinzi exits the secondary transport and goes to knock on Eva’s door. She tells him she’s still sick and will be up and about later, to start off without her.

Jinzi acknowledges this and starts getting everyone up and ready. He hands over an earpiece to everyone.

“For communication.”
    Taking the earpiece, Meagan carefully places it in her ear, then to Jinzi, "Perhaps we should do a quick review of the two missions so that everyone is on the same page."

“For communication.”
    Zaofan, taking a big yawn, lifted his head off the dining room table. He had spent the whole night trying his best to clean the mess, though even with his skills and abilities he only got halfway through before falling asleep.

"Whazits... mmmearpiece? Mmmokay. Imma start the coffee..."

Zaofan got up, stretched, then went to the kitchen to turn on the percolator and kettle going, for anyone who'd want coffee or tea in the kitchen, before heading back to his room to wash up and change quickly for the meeting.

He was up and awake. It seems some still hung over what has happened damned magic trees. And damn his healing factor negation of alcohol. As he attempted to see if it would work, no dice.

Seeing Jinzi with ear pieces goes on over.

“ You look better chief. Maybe need more relaxation. I guess I need one of those right? Due to my mission.”

He kept shut with. Eagan though. As the bitch who wishes to rule sheep us in mission with them. So keeping mouth, shut.

“Two missions, three groups. One group stays here as backup, one to the hidden base to steal Willa’s Dragonball, and the last to the Tournament to win Battersea’s and prevent Fife from getting it. Possibly get Fife’s too.”

“Questions?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Two missions, three groups. One group stays here as backup, one to the hidden base to steal Willa’s Dragonball, and the last to the Tournament to win Battersea’s and prevent Fife from getting it. Possibly get Fife’s too.”

“Questions?”
    "Team leaders, who will oversee each mission?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nunlil frowned.

She did not know much of Ishtar beyond what the Oni had shared with her so far, yet what Sarada offered seemed to make some form of sense. The blue Oni had been stockpiling energy from the plant-life in the Caldera, that much had been felt during the engagement- and that energy was still present- and yet it had not been used, even when the decision had been made to stand and fight ... the golden flame that was summoned to express her intent had sputtered. Regret ...

"Responsibility was taken to preserve my life, when first we met ... and she chose to sacrifice a limb. My cousin is ... strange."

Nunlil grunted then.

"In any event, it was nice to see what you were made of, Meagan as well. Unless there are questions you possess, I will quickly go over some things with my cousin and then we shall return to the Lookout."
    "Her thought process is different, that's for sure," Sarada muttered in agreement. At any rate, no harm came to her friend, which was the most important thing in the end.

Nunlil asked if she had any questions. Sarada did, but she wasn't strong enough for it to be valid. The answer would have been the same now as it was when she asked the first time.

"No questions. Though, I'm sure one will pop up eventually." She smiled and nodded her head respectfully. "Thank you for the lessons, Nunlil. You've given me a bit to think about."

"Pshaw," Jack waved a hand a dismissive manner, letting go of Sarada in the process, "Can't be drunk, just had some water. I was gonna take a nap, but..."

Jack shrugged "Someone else must of taken it first."

He eyed Zao for a minute before whispering a conspiratorial and loud manner to Sarada.

"Don't look now, but Zao's teeth have been replaced by bees. Don't let him know or else they'll sting him. Bees are dicks like that."
    Zaofan said that whatever that water was wasn't alcoholic. She had her doubts, but he made it, so she supposed he would know better than she would.

She grabbed Jack's hand and tried to lead him away to the dorms. "It's getting late, Earth man. Let's get to bed so we're both fresh to kick ass tomorrow."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

“For communication.”
    Sarada had been up at dawn, just like the days before. Her regimen was the same as the days before -- watching the sun rise, meditation, Crimson Fist kata, and practicing her ki techniques until they became habitual. The new ones she learned while training with Ishtar and Nunlil were the top priorities; especially the last one.

Eventually, the others began to stir, with Jinzi's arrival signaling that their mission was finally about to start. She departed briefly to wash up, shower, and don her armor, and arrived in time to be handed an earpiece of some kind. For communication, Jinzi explained.

She shrugged and slipped it in her right ear.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Her thought process is different, that's for sure," Sarada muttered in agreement. At any rate, no harm came to her friend, which was the most important thing in the end.

Nunlil asked if she had any questions. Sarada did, but she wasn't strong enough for it to be valid. The answer would have been the same now as it was when she asked the first time.

"No questions. Though, I'm sure one will pop up eventually." She smiled and nodded her head respectfully. "Thank you for the lessons, Nunlil. You've given me a bit to think about."
    "Perhaps in time her line of thinking will be understood. For now however. I will attempt to beat some sense into her." Nunlil replied with a small, and knowing smirk at the girl's unasked question. And after dismissing Sarada with a wave, the pink Oni summoned her cousin.

“Questions?”
    After receiving a communicator from Jinzi, Ishtar had followed Zaofan to the kitchenn and waited patiently for the boy to make the coffee she so despised, before stealing the entire pot. Making her way back then, the Oni arrived in time for a request for questions.

"How does this device operate?" Ishtar asked after trying and failing to figure out how to operate the communicator.

Ir would be noticeable as well, that despite her typical morning state, and even accounting for the injuries she had stained the night previoie; the Oni was in a good mood.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Fantastic Member

“For communication.”
    "I thank you for making the necessary preparations to ensure that we've acquired them so promptly. We shall certainly make good use of these during the raid." Koorimaru said, fixing on one of the ear pieces, "Might I inquire as to the possibility of these devices being hacked into? I fear that information will be especially pertinent for those of us on the raid."

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    "I thank you for making the necessary preparations to ensure that we've acquired them so promptly. We shall certainly make good use of these during the raid." Koorimaru said, fixing on one of the ear pieces, "Might I inquire as to the possibility of these devices being hacked into? I fear that information will be especially pertinent for those of us on the raid."
    Jinzi stares at him with a ‘really?’ look on his face.

“There are five people on planet that could hack them, and one of them is going with you. Your comms will be fine.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM