Page 52 of 661 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast
    Inverse Regenesised

Unable to find any one of authority and the crowd beginning to mill about, some even beginning to leave back toward town, Ajna gave up. People were just too caught up in the novelty of the situation now that their fear was subsiding. As he loitered around, though, he was forced to do a double take as he thought he saw one of the kid's they had saved earlier. Kids they had left safely back in the house earlier. That can't really be . . . ? He hastily made his way in the young girl's direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Dusk City:

As people start getting going, an odd sense descends and the group sees the young girl they rescued earlier, who had been rendered unconscious in Mrs. Duck's house, come into the pit. She walls over to the urn and gestures for it. When she speaks, an older women's voice speaks from her mouth and a powerful aura, non threatening, emits from here.

"The Vitalmancer's urn. I can reseal it, and then I would have words with you all if I may."
    Ajna observed this from close enough to hear what was said. That isn't the girl's voice from earlier. They don't seem to have any harmful intentions, but whoever it is seems to be the only one who knows a damn thing about what went down here. More than any of us do any way. Posting up next to the wall and trying to look casual, he waited to hear whoever this was out or quit possessing the child, whichever came first.

Besides, leaning against the cool stone wall felt nice on his sore back. It had begun to ache sometime during the first fight and now had become an uncomfortable distraction now that less important matters weren't taking up his notice. Surprisingly his head wasn't pounding in spite of the hundreds of chaotic emotions hanging in the air.

Already Ajna was beginning to feel uneasy though. The "Vitalmancer" and now this?

Can I get a break please? Maybe a cup of coffee?

Open Ocean:

After a few moments, Kami's presence leaves Chou as Held, Zaofan, and Chuan can hear another boat approaching at speed, most likely the one Kami promised would be here soon.

OT: Chou, you recall all the info of what Kami said as you were possessed.

Ooc: A rundown of that? Been out of cominssion and now about to start reading. Damn I missed a lot.

Soon Chou felt refreshed. Like he could perform normally again, but takes a good look at his surroundings.:

“ How long was I out for?! Just what the @$&&&&&@(?!$;?? Happened to me!? I hate being high jacked.” Hinting not the first time, just a unknown... this time.:

“ I thought the beast was bad enough. I am getting tired of the water by the way.”

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post

“Like.... I.... said...”

As the splinters and snowdust swayed away from the scene of the carnage, Ochazuke would have indeed found his arm passed through the floor... and the dragonball cushioned by a mangled, broken, utterly decimated hand.

“You don’t know the lengths one who has lost everything will go to gain back everything.”
    The Dragonball remained ensnared in his hand, not a one of the six stars had strayed from inside its glassy confines. Ochazuke muttered under his breath. Far from considering the forceful malady from which droplets of blood fell from where he lift the artifact, the fact that Koorimaru continued to get in his way made him livid.

A spiteful inhale filled him and energy coursed anew as he entered the start of a battle meditation. He gripped the orb, prepared to go further and plow through any further appendage that was thrown between him and the ground. His palm filled with ki, he drew back, and raised his arm once more.

Cask:

A flare of immense, off the scouter's charting capability, power erupted and descended upon Ochazuke and Koorimaru. When the flare died, a person stood beside each one, hands resting upon them.

*snip*

"Please, enough. Ochazuke, as you can tell, the dragonballs cannot be destroyed."

She leans over and, with a soft glow, Koorimaru's hand is healed.

Kami, the real one, stands, a sad look deep in her eyes as she gazes upon them, and the others.

"It takes much of my power to manifest wholly here, but I deemed it necessary. Fighting each other will not help, so please, I ask you refrain fro mdoin gso. It only serves old Kami's purpose."
    Suddenly Ochazuke was made aware of lithe grip behind him. His arm was held, arrested in its motion even as he poured his strength into it as if the whole of his aura had been blown out. The blood-slick orb burned off its scarlet veneer in his grip as this Kami at last manifest herself among them.

Reluctantly, he found he had no choice but to resign the fight. Their self-proclaimed diety had spoken truth.

"Unhand me."

An unreasonable demand made with the glower of momentarily guarded pride - and sudden clarity. Kami held a force even within this spectre he would be unable to contest, now held this group of strangers to task with their world at stake. His method to end the conflict had been for naught.

"You spoke of a force that would seek these damned things, use them to bend reality to their will or worse," he said, "these orbs will mark any in their proximity a target."

With no other choice, he'd, at last, consigned himself to listen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The Dragonball remained ensnared in his hand, not a one of the six stars had strayed from inside its glassy confines. Ochazuke muttered under his breath. Far from considering the forceful malady from which droplets of blood fell from where he lift the artifact, the fact that Koorimaru continued to get in his way made him livid.

A spiteful inhale filled him and energy coursed anew as he entered the start of a battle meditation. He gripped the orb, prepared to go further and plow through any further appendage that was thrown between him and the ground. His palm filled with ki, he drew back, and raised his arm once more.
    If he was being honest, Koorimaru would have admitted that he'd hoped that his act of bravado would dissuade Ochazuke enough to cease his assault, if only for the moment. It was perhaps fortunate then, that while he'd hoped for such a conclusion, he did not expect it, and Ochazuke's response thankfully fell far more in line with Koorimaru's own predictions.

His hand was now mangled and useless. A small price to pay for the security of his desires, but nonetheless a critical disadvantage in the current circumstances. Thankfully, he did not need his body to make use of his techniques, and even in the days when he had thousands more to choose from, the simplest defence would serve its purpose.

The Calamity Barrier would expel a large degree of ki from his body, and with Ochazuke so close, it would almost certainly do far worse to him beyond its intended effects. Drawing his energy inwards, he prepared himself for the release. Once it was done, his ki reserves would need time to recover and with his body so mangled there would be only so much he could do to defend himself. He allowed the energy to build up, burning like a vortex in the pit of the stomach, clenching it tightly, preparing himself and then....

A flare of immense, off the scouter's charting capability, power erupted and descended upon Ochazuke and Koorimaru. When the flare died, a person stood beside each one, hands resting upon them.

"Please, enough. Ochazuke, as you can tell, the dragonballs cannot be destroyed."

She leans over and, with a soft glow, Koorimaru's hand is healed.

Kami, the real one, stands, a sad look deep in her eyes as she gazes upon them, and the others.
    ....He allowed it to ebb away peacefully, the need for it gone with Kami's intrusion.

Raising his hand, Koorimaru clenched and flexed it, pleasantly surprised to find that the deity had indeed restored it. He'd half expected his opponent to continue his assault despite Kami's intrusion, but it seemed that whether by her presence or her words, the fight had gone out of the Earthman.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen
    "You spoke of a force that would seek these damned things, use them to bend reality to their will or worse," he said, "these orbs will mark any in their proximity a target."
    "And if you did indeed manage to destroy the dragonball here, where exactly did you imagine the old Kami would have ended up looking, dolt!?" Koorimaru snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade
    "It takes much of my power to manifest wholly here, but I deemed it necessary. Fighting each other will not help, so please, I ask you refrain fro mdoin gso. It only serves old Kami's purpose."
    For a moment, the anger didn't leave. For a moment, it remained as Koorimaru fixed a serpentine gaze on Kami.

But then it softened, if not to anything resembling gentility, then to the unassuming calm that had only moments ago been abandoned.

"I do beg your forgiveness for both the inanity of my actions, and especially, for my rudeness of speech. I had quite lost myself in the.... excitement of the moment and it wounds me to hear that you would dispense so much energy to reveal your presence to us lowly ones." Koorimaru said, choking out the first few words in a guttural rasp, before forcing his voice into a more controlled timber, "I must extend my humblest appreciation for your restorative aid, and will only be too glad to demonstrate my appreciation by attending to our bargain. Now I believe you mentioned that we were to enter a... Central City, was it? I will only be too happy to assume that our journey to this place shall not be a long one."

Capital City:

As Kai leads the older man to a near hospital (about five minutes away, ten tops), the others follow Slak quickly towards the bank. After a few moments, they get in close and see that an odd silence has filled the area. As they get closer, they see all the cops, civilians, and other personal fast asleep, the bank doors open and no alarms sounding.
    All asleep. How? Telepathy? It is beyond his capabilities to do so, but maybe not for one who has honed the skill more. Or maybe it was a different technique altogether.

They hear something clatter, faintly, inside the bank.
    Part of him wants to blow up the bank with a properly charged Dragon Shot and save himself the trouble of giving the enemy a suitable territory to fight in. The other part cares about not damaging the human city too much.

Slak enters the banks, being carefully to sense any Ki inside.

OOC: Roll for Ki sensing to find the bad guy.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Suddenly Ochazuke was made aware of lithe grip behind him. His arm was held, arrested in its motion even as he poured his strength into it as if the whole of his aura had been blown out. The blood-slick orb burned off its scarlet veneer in his grip as this Kami at last manifest herself among them.

Reluctantly, he found he had no choice but to resign the fight. Their self-proclaimed diety had spoken truth.

"Unhand me."

An unreasonable demand made with the glower of momentarily guarded pride - and sudden clarity. Kami held a force even within this spectre he would be unable to contest, now held this group of strangers to task with their world at stake. His method to end the conflict had been for naught.

With no other choice, he'd, at last, consigned himself to listen.
    "You know, Ochazuke, I'm an unrepentant gambler, and even I wouldn't pull the stunt you just pulled," he shook his hand, anger building as he as he continued, "Let me ask you a question, man, what's the blast radius of an exploding reality warping ball? Hmm? A few hundred feet? A few hundred miles? A CONTINENT? CAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION?" Jack had gone almost red in the face, "No? Maybe because, I don't know, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM? But no Ochazuke, you criticize one person for gambling with the fates of others, and then act unilaterally with an artifact of great power that again, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT! THE HELL, MAN, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CLEVER!"

Jack turned away, breathing slowly to try and calm himself down, he waited a few moments before continuing, "That's not even the worst part, the worst part is that if you damaged the ball, and if it ended up taking us, and everyone else in this town with, its entirely possible that the damaged ball would fall into the old Kami's hands, and he could just fix, or use it in a damaged state and you would have killed everyone here, FOR NO REASON AT ALL!"

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem arroves at the ruuns of the bank and glances at the humans all sitting unconscious on the ground. Just looking at them all made Sasheem a bit tired, himself. He can't be tired now, there was someone he wanted to kill afoot. Stupid humans.

Sasheem looked around...there seemed to be an eerie quiet about the place. The defenders. The ones who had the sirens on their machines, they were ultimately useless against whoever wanted what was inside this bank.

Whoever this thief was, he must be wielding some powerful abilities. "Rgh!" Sasheem mutters to himself trudging onward, further inside the bank, searching for some sort of trail that he could pinpoint. A noise that cut through the silence. A skitter in the corner of his eye. A smell. Ki. Anything.

"Ah?!" Sasheem questioned, investigating towards the direction of the soumd.
    Something, a fleeting ki tastes across his senses. Something swift, far quicker than he, flashes past him and Sasheem is thrown backwards out of the bank and into a car, denting it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Tch." It was a lot to ask. There were a lot of benefits to infighting.

One, it got tension out of people's systems when they just starting brawling instead of trying to talk it out and possibly saying something they couldn't take back. Two, it was like training. They could work out their issues and get stronger while doing it. There was, literally, no downside.

Kami clearly didn't know what the hell she was talking about. She was probably one of those useless pacifists that had no place in a sensible world.

"Fine." She then looked at her. She had too many metal bits to be completely organic. "What are you, anyway? Some kind of robot?"
    Kami smiles, and a hint of mirth sparks in her eyes.

"Hmm, not entirely organic I suppose."

She moves her arms a bit, fingers flexing as she gazes at them for a moment.

"I am surprised you do not recognize the technorganic symbiote. It came from a Saiyan scientist named Vuln, some 300 years ago."

Sarada would recognize Vuln's name as the Saiyan who created the Blood Moon technique, among other creations like the Saiyan regen tanks, their pods, etc......

But, Vuln disappeared centuries ago. Probably the greatest mystery on her home planet.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Soon Chou felt refreshed. Like he could perform normally again, but takes a good look at his surroundings.:

“ How long was I out for?! Just what the @$&&&&&@(?!$;?? Happened to me!? I hate being high jacked.” Hinting not the first time, just a unknown... this time.:

“ I thought the beast was bad enough. I am getting tired of the water by the way.”

The boat Kami promised began to get closer, and after a few minutes pulls up and begins helping them get aboard. The captain, wit ha harried look in his eyes, avoids looking at them as he gestures to the large hovercraft on the ship.

"Here, take it. The lady told me to give it to you."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    If he was being honest, Koorimaru would have admitted that he'd hoped that his act of bravado would dissuade Ochazuke enough to cease his assault, if only for the moment. It was perhaps fortunate then, that while he'd hoped for such a conclusion, he did not expect it, and Ochazuke's response thankfully fell far more in line with Koorimaru's own predictions.

His hand was now mangled and useless. A small price to pay for the security of his desires, but nonetheless a critical disadvantage in the current circumstances. Thankfully, he did not need his body to make use of his techniques, and even in the days when he had thousands more to choose from, the simplest defence would serve its purpose.

The Calamity Barrier would expel a large degree of ki from his body, and with Ochazuke so close, it would almost certainly do far worse to him beyond its intended effects. Drawing his energy inwards, he prepared himself for the release. Once it was done, his ki reserves would need time to recover and with his body so mangled there would be only so much he could do to defend himself. He allowed the energy to build up, burning like a vortex in the pit of the stomach, clenching it tightly, preparing himself and then....

....He allowed it to ebb away peacefully, the need for it gone with Kami's intrusion.

Raising his hand, Koorimaru clenched and flexed it, pleasantly surprised to find that the deity had indeed restored it. He'd half expected his opponent to continue his assault despite Kami's intrusion, but it seemed that whether by her presence or her words, the fight had gone out of the Earthman.

"And if you did indeed manage to destroy the dragonball here, where exactly did you imagine the old Kami would have ended up looking, dolt!?" Koorimaru snapped.

For a moment, the anger didn't leave. For a moment, it remained as Koorimaru fixed a serpentine gaze on Kami.

But then it softened, if not to anything resembling gentility, then to the unassuming calm that had only moments ago been abandoned.

"I do beg your forgiveness for both the inanity of my actions, and especially, for my rudeness of speech. I had quite lost myself in the.... excitement of the moment and it wounds me to hear that you would dispense so much energy to reveal your presence to us lowly ones." Koorimaru said, choking out the first few words in a guttural rasp, before forcing his voice into a more controlled timber, "I must extend my humblest appreciation for your restorative aid, and will only be too glad to demonstrate my appreciation by attending to our bargain. Now I believe you mentioned that we were to enter a... Central City, was it? I will only be too happy to assume that our journey to this place shall not be a long one."
    Kami shakes her head.

"It is fine. I will aid your travel, now that I am here, to Capital City as best I can. Look for Capsule Corporations Headquarters. That is where you shall meet up with the others. Also, Jinzi Pantaloon, it's owner, will aid you. He has a device that can help locate the other dragonballs."
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Kami smiles, and a hint of mirth sparks in her eyes.

"Hmm, not entirely organic I suppose."

She moves her arms a bit, fingers flexing as she gazes at them for a moment.

"I am surprised you do not recognize the technorganic symbiote. It came from a Saiyan scientist named Vuln, some 300 years ago."

Sarada would recognize Vuln's name as the Saiyan who created the Blood Moon technique, among other creations like the Saiyan regen tanks, their pods, etc......

But, Vuln disappeared centuries ago. Probably the greatest mystery on her home planet.
    The moment the name passed through Kami's lips, Sarada felt her tail twitch.

The legend of Vuln dated back centuries. He was the one who developed the Blood Moon technique and invented commonplace equipment like regen tanks and space pods. He was brilliant, more than anyone else on the planet. He was the one who spearheaded the Saiyans' ascension into civility hundreds of years ago, whereas before, they had been nothing more than savages.

They studied his work during their studies at the Academy. Knowledge and recognition of his work and contributions to society were mandatory.

He vanished long before he could see his hard work pay off. They never found him. "Did you know him after he vanished from Vocado? Do you know where he is now?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    All asleep. How? Telepathy? It is beyond his capabilities to do so, but maybe not for one who has honed the skill more. Or maybe it was a different technique altogether.

Part of him wants to blow up the bank with a properly charged Dragon Shot and save himself the trouble of giving the enemy a suitable territory to fight in. The other part cares about not damaging the human city too much.

Slak enters the banks, being carefully to sense any Ki inside.

OOC: Roll for Ki sensing to find the bad guy.
    And senses a Namekian ki signature as Sahseem is flung out of the bank.

Walking slowly, limping out, is this figure:

The blind Namekian turns and looks at Slak, and something terrifyingly old and powerful rests under the old man's presence.

In his left hand is a familiar orange sphere with red stars in it (3 to be precise).
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

The boat Kami promised began to get closer, and after a few minutes pulls up and begins helping them get aboard. The captain, wit ha harried look in his eyes, avoids looking at them as he gestures to the large hovercraft on the ship.

"Here, take it. The lady told me to give it to you."
    Held glanced at the clearly uncomfortable pilot as he stepped to the side. It was a look that Held had seen a few times during some of the more uncomfortable negotiations he had witnessed as a bystander.

Usually involving some form of intimidation, regarding a bet gone bad, or or more agressive negotiations than the Nevadian would prefer to employ.

".... What on Earth did she say to this poor guy?" Held muttered under his breath, walking towards the hovercraft door.

He opened the door, looking over the cockpit.

".…..On second thought, I think we are all happy with knowing what we do."

He hopped in the pilots seat, looking over the controls as the others made their preparations.

OOC: Cleric, I'm going to take the liberty to assume that if there were any people who were capable of lending a hand or supplies for fixing Kabuto's spacepod, Kabuto didn't find them. Just to keep him in rolling with the story for now, and all.

Kabuto was starting to get annoyed again. He helped another dazed earthling stand.

"Hey, are you ok, man? Would you happen to know where I can find the someone to fix a spaceship?", The man shook his head, confused. "No? Ok then."

He turned to support another earthling as she got to her feet.

"Hello ma'am. Careful now, don't fall over. Soo...would you happen to know if there are any spaceship repair shopz nearby?", a blank look met him followed by more head-shaking. "Oh. Alright, nevermind."

He sighed. All these people saved, yet not one of them was proving any more useful than than when they were comatose.

His eyes wandered over to the urn and noticed a grubling that was walking towards it, with unclear intentions.

"Yo, don't touch that-", he started to make his way towards her quickly. An odd sensation prickled at this mind.

Dusk City:

As people start getting going, an odd sense descends and the group sees the young girl they rescued earlier, who had been rendered unconscious in Mrs. Duck's house, come into the pit. She walls over to the urn and gestures for it. When she speaks, an older women's voice speaks from her mouth and a powerful aura, non threatening, emits from here.

"The Vitalmancer's urn. I can reseal it, and then I would have words with you all if I may."
    Power.

It radiated from the grubling, more intense than anything he'd ever felt before. It was radiating from the grubling, but at the same time, not from the grubling. It confused him, at first.

Then he began to make sense of the strange sensation. There were two presences emanating from the grubling, one was dormant, almost asleep, but the other...

The other was radiating all the power.

He tensed up, thinking that the mad mage had returned, this time possessing an earthling, before realizing that there was no threat behind this presence. No intent to hurt or kill.

The presence spoke, asking to have a word with them.

Strange.

He stepped closer to the grubling.

"No no, there'z no need to thank uz, we were just in the neighborhood.", he said, waving his arm magnanimously. "But if you insist on paying uz, that'z cool too. Oh, and I'd like my ship to be fixed so I can get out of thiz hellhole of a city. Like, right now would be good."

This was probably not what the mysterious stranger wanted to speak to them about, but hey, a bug could hope, right?
    Last edited by Sol_M; 01-17-2018 at 10:26 AM.