Page 53 of 661 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Something, a fleeting ki tastes across his senses. Something swift, far quicker than he, flashes past him and Sasheem is thrown backwards out of the bank and into a car, denting it.
    "KIKIKIKIKIAYHHHH!!" Sasheem screamed as he was suddenly flung into the car. "Eheh...eheheheh..." he laughed deliriously, his eyes spinning as he slowly fell face first into the ground leaving a Sasheem shaped dent in the car.

Something, a fleeting ki tastes across his senses. Something swift, far quicker than he, flashes past him and Sasheem is thrown backwards out of the bank and into a car, denting it.
    Slak sees the fishy-looking man fly out of the bank, but he is not too worried. He is strong. He should survive.

The namekian sighs. He really should have gone with his first instinct and just blown up the bank.

And senses a Namekian ki signature as Sahseem is flung out of the bank.

Walking slowly, limping out, is this figure:

The blind Namekian turns and looks at Slak, and something terrifyingly old and powerful rests under the old man's presence.

In his left hand is a familiar orange sphere with red stars in it (3 to be precise).
    So it is true. His senses were not lying to him. The blind Namekian's ki is old, powerful, and without a doubt, out of his league. However, above all, Slak cannot help but be saddened.

"So you really are a Namekian," Slak says, disappointed. However, the object in his hands is of far greater interest. Slak had heard tales of Dragon Balls in planets other than Namek, Earth being one of them. However, he has never believed them until now.

"Why are you doing this? Have you been led astray by the lure of the Dragon Ball like countless others?" Even though he asks the question, Slak does not wait for the reply. "Everyone! He is a Namekian. He is trained in the use of Ki like all Namekians. He can shoot energy blasts, strengthen his body, and probably fly as well. It may be possible for him to regenerate. Above all, we must not let him leave with that orb!"

Having said that Slak launches himself at the blind Namek, his staff raised high and ready to strike.
    Last edited by Hazard; 01-17-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

“ We go to the Pantloons residence. It is obvious he seeks the dragon balls, which he invented the radar. It is why flat chest wanted him. The wishes are real. My circus mates all wished for eternal youth.” Well, as young they were at time of wish.

“ Can you fly or can I do it?” As he starts it up, without being seated. “ As I have access, to as many hands I can count.”

He now remembers what went down. “ And she is Kami? Hmmm. Different from one I heard of. And.....”

Looks to the others. “ I am not a magician, they study for their spells. I simply will and it happens.”

As it then takes off, middle of speaking.:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ We go to the Pantloons residence. It is obvious he seeks the dragon balls, which he invented the radar. It is why flat chest wanted him. The wishes are real. My circus mates all wished for eternal youth.” Well, as young they were at time of wish.

“ Can you fly or can I do it?” As he starts it up, without being seated. “ As I have access, to as many hands I can count.”

He now remembers what went down. “ And she is Kami? Hmmm. Different from one I heard of. And.....”

Looks to the others. “ I am not a magician, they study for their spells. I simply will and it happens.”

As it then takes off, middle of speaking.:
    Held tilted his head to the side at Chous question, silently contemplating it.

After a moment, a smile was given in response, followed by a slight shrug as the Nevadian shifted over to the passanger side of the front seat.

"I won't pass up a chance to get a good nap. It was what I was doing before all this chaos began, after all."

Placing his feet on the dashboard, he folded his hands behind his head, before leaning back and closing his eyes.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan nodded as well to Kami. The gravity of the situation hit, and his bubbly effervescent attitude had calmed. "Well, this is incontrovertible proof that you do, indeed, exist. That the Earth is guarded on a spiritual level. And for that, I am thankful. You can count on us. We'll get the job done."

He pulled out the capsule that contained the stolen buffet, and took out a pot of hot tea. "Chuan, Held. Some tea for your troubles. This brew seems like it would be good for our nerves. And perhaps your wrist." Zaofan poured the tea, and offered. "Kami, if you were here, I would also pour you a cup. But please know my gratitude for your presence, and the honor to embark on this quest."

Zaofan took a sip of the hot tea, crossed his legs, put his hands together, closed his eyes. He had been taught to do in times of extraordinary action, and in unbelievable fortune: he began to meditate.
    "Thanks." Chuan took the cup gratefully, sipping as he removed the needle from Held's wrist. "There. Hope that feels better."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held winced slightly as Chuan pressed the needle into his wrist, more a side effect of its already ginger state, and the expectation of pain, as opposed to any actual pain caused by Chauns activity.

"You're not one for a heads up, are you?" Held asked, laughing slightly, somewhat nervously, "For all you know, I could have a fear of needles. Do you really want to risk seeing a grown man shed tears so easily?"

Surprisingly enough, there was no pain. Only the slight pulsing around the wounded area. Already, the pain had began to dissipate slightly.

"Then again, I suppose I shouldn't complain. Imagine if I needed stitches? And I can't say I would have made a good choice in weaponry, if piercing implements are a big fear of mine,eh?"
    "Oh, please. I figured that it'd take more than that to scare you. I might be the most squeamish of us all, and I'm not worried about small things like that. As he moved the needle to a side pouch for later cleaning, he snickered at Held's next statement. "Stitches? Come on, I could just staunch the blood with my acupuncture. It's a pretty versatile skill, after all. As long as I can hit your meridians-"

Wait, hold on. The acrobat suddenly looked to the other two members of their group, then back at Held.

"Kami did say you were from space, right?" He started sipping his tea again, though he was slightly worried this time around. "I guess we were lucky that your anatomy's not that far off from ordinary Earth people. I never actually expected to meet somebody from outside, you know. If some of the people that we meet happen to be other species, I might just get my ass kicked. Well, until I figure out how their bodies work."

Even if they were humanoid, landing a strike in the same place could end up being ineffective. Sure, a blow to the vitals would still hurt even if he didn't hit a meridian, but that was assuming their internal structure wasn't in a different configuration. Could he be sure that everybody he met would have their organs in the same spots?

"That's not even considering the idea that people from the other groups could be aliens, too. I can't heal them if I don't know where to put my needles. Damn it, I need to remember how to fix people up normally. Doc Flan would be disappointed if he saw me now."

Held glanced at the clearly uncomfortable pilot as he stepped to the side. It was a look that Held had seen a few times during some of the more uncomfortable negotiations he had witnessed as a bystander.

Usually involving some form of intimidation, regarding a bet gone bad, or or more agressive negotiations than the Nevadian would prefer to employ.

".... What on Earth did she say to this poor guy?" Held muttered under his breath, walking towards the hovercraft door.

He opened the door, looking over the cockpit.

".…..On second thought, I think we are all happy with knowing what we do."

He hopped in the pilots seat, looking over the controls as the others made their preparations.
    Sitting in the back, Chuan started to look through the books he had stolen from the cruise ship before it was sunk. Maybe one of them could help him advance his skills. Right now, he looked really annoyed at himself for overlooking the obvious.

Held tilted his head to the side at Chous question, silently contemplating it.

After a moment, a smile was given in response, followed by a slight shrug as the Nevadian shifted over to the passanger side of the front seat.

"I won't pass up a chance to get a good nap. It was what I was doing before all this chaos began, after all."

Placing his feet on the dashboard, he folded his hands behind his head, before leaning back and closing his eyes.
    "Held is right," Zaofan said with a stern but calm patience. "We should take this moment to rest if we can, while Chou pilots the vessel."

Zaofan stood up, took a few steps to the back of the plane where there was more space. He tossed the flap of his robe to the side and fluidly sat upright on the floor, his legs crossed underneath him. He put his hands together in front of him again, closed his eyes, and rested his wrists on each knee. He took a deep breath, and began.

Making careful track of his breathing, Zaofan created a slow but steady rhythm. His mindful meditation has been honed to observe wandering thoughts as they drift through his mind. The intention is not to get involved with the thoughts or to judge them, but simply to be aware of each mental note as it arises. He reasoned that, given the wild circumstances of the day, that one action would lead to another, unexpected action, almost as if fate were a mix of chaos and destiny, he would allow his thoughts instead to travel like a sailboat at sea, with no one to steer except for the wind granted by the whims of the gods.

Externally, Zaofan's body was perfectly still. His breathing, perfect. Internally, though, he struggled. "I did not wake up thinking that I would embark on such an adventure. Oh sure, I always look for adventure, but never one this grand or... strange. And yet, here I am, with these three strangers -- and even Kami! -- who would have thought? But more to the point -- my training is haphazard and unfocused. I'm quick to judge and even quicker to leap into action. The curse of a wandering soul. The burden of being excitable yet indecisive. The urge to want and do more. What is it that I bring to the table? Am I up to the challenge? I won't say no, but to act upon the yes is, in its way, a different way to take the same path. The others seem content with how they approach this. But they're also seasoned fighters. Am I a match for them? Can I keep up with them? Will my training be sufficient? What kind of threats will we face? Is Mr. Pantaloon okay? What sights await us? What worldly mysteries are there to solve? What foods can I try out? How long is this trip? Who are the Red Raiders What was that golem whowasthatlady doesthisplanehaveanymusic can-I-lightsomeincensehere whataretheotherslike whatdotheotherslike dotheylikebaseballorbattleball howdocapsulesevenworkwhatifiputacapsuleinacapsule ooohherecomesmyinnerbalanceitfeelssogoodandsosoft. .."

Externally, Zaofan's torso silently and gradually tilted to the right... and to the right... and to the right some more, until *BONK*

His snoring interrupted. "ZZZ--WAITWUT I'MUP!!"

Zaofan woke up, quickly lifted his head off the wall of the plane, rubbing the sore point of impact, looking around to see if anyone had seen that.

And senses a Namekian ki signature as Sahseem is flung out of the bank.

Walking slowly, limping out, is this figure:

The blind Namekian turns and looks at Slak, and something terrifyingly old and powerful rests under the old man's presence.

In his left hand is a familiar orange sphere with red stars in it (3 to be precise).
    "What is that thing in his hand?" Midori asked, and Shiro answered "I don't know, but it must have some form of power for him to go through such effort to acquire it."

"So let's get and keep it away from him." Midori said, and when Shiro gave a nod, Midori and Shiro fired their laser beam eyes at the green man's hand to knock the starred sphere out of his hand.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "You know, Ochazuke, I'm an unrepentant gambler, and even I wouldn't pull the stunt you just pulled," he shook his hand, anger building as he as he continued, "Let me ask you a question, man, what's the blast radius of an exploding reality warping ball? Hmm? A few hundred feet? A few hundred miles? A CONTINENT? CAN YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION?" Jack had gone almost red in the face, "No? Maybe because, I don't know, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THEM? But no Ochazuke, you criticize one person for gambling with the fates of others, and then act unilaterally with an artifact of great power that again, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT! THE HELL, MAN, I THOUGHT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO CLEVER!"

Jack turned away, breathing slowly to try and calm himself down, he waited a few moments before continuing, "That's not even the worst part, the worst part is that if you damaged the ball, and if it ended up taking us, and everyone else in this town with, its entirely possible that the damaged ball would fall into the old Kami's hands, and he could just fix, or use it in a damaged state and you would have killed everyone here, FOR NO REASON AT ALL!"
    He stood from the floor, hand still shut in a guarded vice over the Dragonball; reaching the opposite over, he shook off the dust and splinters. He had drifted for so long he'd forgotten just what it was he hated about civilization. It was the sanctimonious prattle, the grandstanding to be met with the approval of some authority.

"Such noble sentiments from one who turns and sucks ash at the first sign of pressure."

Ochazuke continued to speak at Jack's back.

"I know nothing? You don't know a thing about me. Or any one of these strangers gathered in this room. Ostensibly noble fools gathered in the blizzard."

Most of them aren't even from this planet.

"Jack the Gambler, who suddenly cares about another's fortunes once it stands to affect him in the moment. Does this lazy assumption encapsulate you, stranger?"

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    For a moment, the anger didn't leave. For a moment, it remained as Koorimaru fixed a serpentine gaze on Kami.

But then it softened, if not to anything resembling gentility, then to the unassuming calm that had only moments ago been abandoned.

"I do beg your forgiveness for both the inanity of my actions, and especially, for my rudeness of speech. I had quite lost myself in the.... excitement of the moment and it wounds me to hear that you would dispense so much energy to reveal your presence to us lowly ones." Koorimaru said, choking out the first few words in a guttural rasp, before forcing his voice into a more controlled timber, "I must extend my humblest appreciation for your restorative aid, and will only be too glad to demonstrate my appreciation by attending to our bargain. Now I believe you mentioned that we were to enter a... Central City, was it? I will only be too happy to assume that our journey to this place shall not be a long one."
    Ochazuke chuckled, both at the mask Koorimaru slipped on and the situation his own reactive nature would invariably place him in from this incident forward among these people.

He opened his right hand flexing the digits inward over his palm twice, spitefully cracking his knuckles as he bound it into a fist before continuing, addressing both him and Jack.

"What I do know are the depths one would sink to in order to seize an advantage, that dark place where man takes leave of his rational mind to wallow in bestial vice," he spat, "These wild ambitions are best destroyed before the spark becomes a blaze, and now Kami asks us to bear a torch into the darkness."

Kami shakes her head.

"It is fine. I will aid your travel, now that I am here, to Capital City as best I can. Look for Capsule Corporations Headquarters. That is where you shall meet up with the others. Also, Jinzi Pantaloon, it's owner, will aid you. He has a device that can help locate the other dragonballs."
    "Then I have little recourse but to continue on this fool's errand," he chuckled, "if it's all the same to your design, then I suppose I have no choice but to bear the mark for your enemies."

Gripping the damnable bauble in his left hand, he turned and exchanged a look with the Guardian of Earth, folding his arms across his chest.

"But give me your word on two conditions. That Cask is safe the further this thing is from it, and that you will grant the Elder some protection for her service to you."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Etrina regarded the urn quietly for a moment. "Not even the ones who locked him in there could take responsibility forever......But I can hold the torch for awhile. At the very least it would give an insightful look into the history of sealing magic, perhaps I could even pen a book on it. Father would be...mildly amused I suppose." With no more hesitation, she took the urn from Asha, turning it to view the current sealing talisman. "I suppose I'll need some of that mineral catalyst then.....any good spellcraft foundation needs a high grade catalyst, and it would be a shame to forget my original intent to visit this town...."

Etrina let a sudden, thoughtful sigh escape. ".....If possible......I'd ask you forgive the actions of my familar.....She has all the energy and petulence of a thousand spoiled children, and her actions would dictate her to be some sort of fiend. But...its far more complicated then that."
    It was decided then. Asha'rah handed the urn to Etrina for safekeeping and study. With that, their thoughts turned to the future. Etrina had come here seeking the rare mineral this mining town offered for help with her research. The people of this town would probably be grateful enough to furnish the girl with whatever supplies she desired.

Asha'rah had also originally come here with the inkling of an idea of something she might try with the mineral, but her own goals had been realized through meeting these people. Old memories had been awakened, and Asha'rah needed time to ponder them all. These happenings had not been unfamiliar to her, and the mage's selfish abuse of his overwhelming power had roused a wrathful side to her that warmed her circuits like an old troublemaker of a friend. Etrina's words had also rung a bell within her. She was old. Not decrepit or decaying or world weary in the slightest but...very, very old.

Then, an apology from Etrina for the wild one, Erosa, who was apparently Etrina's familiar. Asha'rah wondered at that. Familiars were typically selected to assist mages in many a task, and so needed to dependable above all else. Etrina's relationship with the Wild One seemed one more of restraint and guidance, trying constantly to keep her focused on the task at hand.

"Your familiar caused me no trouble, and risked her life in this battle to protect the city. That she is more primal in nature does not change that. She has my thanks, as do you."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Turning an ear to the conversation between Etrina and Asha'rah, Ishtar flashed a smile at the girl's apology, before approaching.

"Why apologize? Erosa is a wonderful, cacophonous soul. Among other things, she balances you very well. There are some here who could learn from such a thing."
    The Horned One, She of Many Headbutts, approached to join the conversation. Asha'rah turned to greet her.

"I have no memory of seeing one such as yourself until today, yet I recognize your kind, Oni. This day is just full of revelations," she mused, "I am Asha'rah, and it was an honor to fight alongside such a stalwart soul. May I know your name?"
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-18-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Dusk City:

As people start getting going, an odd sense descends and the group sees the young girl they rescued earlier, who had been rendered unconscious in Mrs. Duck's house, come into the pit. She walls over to the urn and gestures for it. When she speaks, an older women's voice speaks from her mouth and a powerful aura, non threatening, emits from here.

"The Vitalmancer's urn. I can reseal it, and then I would have words with you all if I may."
    It was the child from earlier, the younger sister who had lost consciousness when the mage exerted his power further. Yet it was not her. Possession, or a vessel technique of some sort. How is all this coming to me? Who is this?

"You were gentle with the child, I trust? She has been through a lot, and deserves her rest."
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 01-17-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Cask:

A flare of immense, off the scouter's charting capability, power erupted and descended upon Ochazuke and Koorimaru. When the flare died, a person stood beside each one, hands resting upon them.

"Please, enough. Ochazuke, as you can tell, the dragonballs cannot be destroyed."

She leans over and, with a soft glow, Koorimaru's hand is healed.

Kami, the real one, stands, a sad look deep in her eyes as she gazes upon them, and the others.

"It takes much of my power to manifest wholly here, but I deemed it necessary. Fighting each other will not help, so please, I ask you refrain fro mdoin gso. It only serves old Kami's purpose."
    Totoma had stood back and watched the Frost Demon and... other guy... come to blows over the Dragon Ball. Maybe it was the Saiyan in him, but he rather enjoyed watching other fighters strut their stuff. Never knew what one could learn in such situations, after all.

And then Kami appeared and put an end to the scrap. Not... quite what he'd expected, but okay, fine.

"Um, excuse me, Miss Kami? D'ya mind if I go pick up a few things at the place I was staying before we leave?"

He didn't want to come back here to a cave full of rotten meat, and... well, his mother had left a few things of interest there for him, and he'd rather not have to wait until later to retrieve them.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    He stood from the floor, hand still shut in a guarded vice over the Dragonball; reaching the opposite over, he shook off the dust and splinters. He had drifted for so long he'd forgotten just what it was he hated about civilization. It was the sanctimonious prattle, the grandstanding to be met with the approval of some authority.

"Such noble sentiments from one who turns and sucks ash at the first sign of pressure."

Ochazuke continued to speak at Jack's back.

"I know nothing? You don't know a thing about me. Or any one of these strangers gathered in this room. Ostensibly noble fools gathered in the blizzard."

Most of them aren't even from this planet.

"Jack the Gambler, who suddenly cares about another's fortunes once it stands to affect him in the moment. Does this lazy assumption encapsulate you, stranger?"

Ochazuke chuckled, both at the mask Koorimaru slipped on and the situation his own reactive nature would invariably place him in from this incident forward among these people.

He opened his right hand flexing the digits inward over his palm twice, spitefully cracking his knuckles as he bound it into a fist before continuing, addressing both him and Jack.

"What I do know are the depths one would sink to in order to seize an advantage, that dark place where man takes leave of his rational mind to wallow in bestial vice," he spat, "These wild ambitions are best destroyed before the spark becomes a blaze, and now Kami asks us to bear a torch into the darkness."
    "You don't know the odds, you don't know the stakes, you don't know the payouts and, worst of all you gamble that which doesn't belong to you, the lives of others, including the people of this town, I might add."

Jack stuck another cigarette in his mouth. "Everything you say about me rings of truth, I'll cop to that. It doesn't change the fact that you that you made a absurdly risky decision on an impulse, so don't hide behind so-called rationality."

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "You don't know the odds, you don't know the stakes, you don't know the payouts and, worst of all you gamble that which doesn't belong to you, the lives of others, including the people of this town, I might add."

Jack stuck another cigarette in his mouth. "Everything you say about me rings of truth, I'll cop to that. It doesn't change the fact that you that you made a absurdly risky decision on an impulse, so don't hide behind so-called rationality."
    Ochazuke grumbled to himself. The civil pantomine of righteous pedantry on a platform of hollow deeds was another reason why he hated mingling.

And yet there was truth in it. His silence for the moment attest that he begrudgingly admitted his error, if not remorse.

To prevent the demon god from reasserting his claim over the world, he would become complicit to the will of the nobler one for now. His actions, however would remain his own. A man's course in this life is for him to decide alone, heedless of fate.

He would let have the gambler have the last word today. He held the gods' ransom in his hand.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke grumbled to himself. The civil pantomine of righteous pedantry on a platform of hollow deeds was another reason why he hated mingling.

And yet there was truth in it. His silence for the moment attest that he begrudgingly admitted his error, if not remorse.

To prevent the demon god from reasserting his claim over the world, he would become complicit to the will of the nobler one for now. His actions, however would remain his own. A man's course in this life is for him to decide alone, heedless of fate.

He would let have the gambler have the last word today. He held the gods' ransom in his hand.
    Sarada held her hand out. "Hey, let me see that."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada held her hand out. "Hey, let me see that."
    Ochazuke remained standing resolute, arms folded. His eyes widened as he stared daggers at Sarada. For a moment the floorboards began to creak as his aura rose in guarded warning.