Page 54 of 661 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

Jack was so frustrated at this point that he flicked, the unlit cigarette into a hole in the floor boards. Up until this little debacle Jack had quite honestly held Ochazuke in higher esteem then any of the others. Just goes to show, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada held her hand out. "Hey, let me see that."
    "Sarada, double or nothing sparring match, outside of town. I need to hit something."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke remained standing resolute, arms folded. His eyes widened as he stared daggers at Sarada. For a moment the floorboards began to creak as his aura rose in guarded warning.
    Ochazuke kept the ball clenched in his fingers like a pearl trapped in a vice, instead of handing it over like she asked him too. The nerve! He had been holding it since the beginning.
    "Tha--"

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack was so frustrated at this point that he flicked, the unlit cigarette into a hole in the floor boards. Up until this little debacle Jack had quite honestly held Ochazuke in higher esteem then any of the others. Just goes to show, I suppose.

"Sarada, double or nothing sparring match, outside of town. I need to hit something."
    And just like that, everything else was forgotten. "You're on!"

She shot up out of her seat and dashed out of the diner.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ochazuke kept the ball clenched in his fingers like a pearl trapped in a vice, instead of handing it over like she asked him too. The nerve! He had been holding it since the beginning.
    "Tha--"

That was easy.

Jack followed Sarada out into the white wilderness.

"Come find us when it's time to leave."

"Tha--"

"..."

Well, that was one way to defuse a situation that was quickly escalating into violence. With more violence. Way to go, whatever-your-name-was.

"So hey, this may or may not work, but go for the tail," said Totoma, patting Jack on the back. "Have fun."

Of course, there was a good chance Sarada had trained to overcome that particular weakness. Hell, that had been the first thing his mother had worked on with him.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "..."

Well, that was one way to defuse a situation that was quickly escalating into violence. With more violence. Way to go, whatever-your-name-was.

"So hey, this may or may not work, but go for the tail," said Totoma, patting Jack on the back. "Have fun."

Of course, there was a good chance Sarada had trained to overcome that particular weakness. Hell, that had been the first thing his mother had worked on with him.
    "What's the point?" Meagan exclaimed as she watched them rush out, "It's not like they can kill each other. Like little kids playing games." She then stood up, "Don't we have someplace we need to be?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

That was easy.

Jack followed Sarada out into the white wilderness.

"Come find us when it's time to leave."
    There was nothing better than a good spare to test out her newfound strength! She wasn't sure what Ochazuke's issue was. All she wanted to do was look at the dragonball. It wasn't like she was trying to steal it like the Arcosian was.

Whatever his deal was and whatever was making him hog the dragonball, she hoped he got over it. As it stood, he was just asking to get punched in the teeth.

Anyways. Sarada had more important things to concern herself with at the time. It was time to fight! Well, spare. Same thing, except there was no lethal intent.

Once she was out of town, she slid to a stop and turned around in one smooth motion. "Alright, big guy. Let's test our new strength!"

She started to stretch to get limber.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon
    Then, an apology from Etrina for the wild one, Erosa, who was apparently Etrina's familiar. Asha'rah wondered at that. Familiars were typically selected to assist mages in many a task, and so needed to dependable above all else. Etrina's relationship with the Wild One seemed one more of restraint and guidance, trying constantly to keep her focused on the task at hand.

"Your familiar caused me no trouble, and risked her life in this battle to protect the city. That she is more primal in nature does not change that. She has my thanks, as do you."
    "....." Etrina blinked, then let out a chuckle. "Risked her life you say? I doubt that thought even came to her mind this entire time....but I'm sure she would accept your praise, as long as it included something to eat."

Turning an ear to the conversation between Etrina and Asha'rah, Ishtar flashed a smile at the girl's apology, before approaching.

"Why apologize? Erosa is a wonderful, cacophonous soul. Among other things, she balances you very well. There are some here who could learn from such a thing."
    "Oh, I've learned a great many things from Erosa......what a complete lack of manners looks like, what a natural disaster sounds like...Oh, and my personal favorite.....how much steak can fit into a familiars mouth, which she then proceeds to exceed...by breaking her own jaw...on purpose." Etrina mutters the last part, clearly forcing away a sudden wave of nausea. "Despite all that however.....she certainly has her moments. I just wish she'd learn how to eat with a fork if nothing else."

As people start getting going, an odd sense descends and the group sees the young girl they rescued earlier, who had been rendered unconscious in Mrs. Duck's house, come into the pit. She walls over to the urn and gestures for it. When she speaks, an older women's voice speaks from her mouth and a powerful aura, non threatening, emits from here.

"The Vitalmancer's urn. I can reseal it, and then I would have words with you all if I may."
    Etrina gripped the urn harder, despite the lack of hostility presented by the girl.

".....I'm sorry....you'll have to provide me with more then a offer of words and a pleasant tone for me to hand this over. How do I know your not under his power hmm? An accomplice in the guise of a child? Offer a free show then cart off the urn and start this mess somewhere else. Better safe then sorry you understand. Could you explain yourself a bit more....?"

There was nothing better than a good spare to test out her newfound strength! She wasn't sure what Ochazuke's issue was. All she wanted to do was look at the dragonball. It wasn't like she was trying to steal it like the Arcosian was.

Whatever his deal was and whatever was making him hog the dragonball, she hoped he got over it. As it stood, he was just asking to get punched in the teeth.

Anyways. Sarada had more important things to concern herself with at the time. It was time to fight! Well, spare. Same thing, except there was no lethal intent.

Once she was out of town, she slid to a stop and turned around in one smooth motion. "Alright, big guy. Let's test our new strength!"

She started to stretch to get limber.
    Jack began to stretch as well. His argument with Ochazuke , not to mention the discovery of how much danger was out there had sent him through the roof. The only way to lessen the pressure was by letting it out.

Also it would be a letter to say he didn't want to test his limits as well.

"Some quick terms, no transformations, no Dead Man's Hand, you knock me out, make me submit, or otherwise incapacitate me and you win, agreed?"

Jack began to stretch as well. His argument with Ochazuke , not to mention the discovery of how much danger was out there had sent him through the roof. The only way to lessen the pressure was by letting it out.

Also it would be a letter to say he didn't want to test his limits as well.

"Some quick terms, no transformations, no Dead Man's Hand, you knock me out, make me submit, or otherwise incapacitate me and you win, agreed?"
    Those terms were agreeable, so she nodded eagerly. Without another word, she exploded forward, fist drawn back to seemingly punch him in the chest when she got close enough.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Those terms were agreeable, so she nodded eagerly. Without another word, she exploded forward, fist drawn back to seemingly punch him in the chest when she got close enough.
    Jack for his part seemed to move not at all. His feet were spread even and stable, and his hands raised towards his face in a high guard.

Jack for his part seemed to move not at all. His feet were spread even and stable, and his hands raised towards his face in a high guard.
    His guard was high and his feet formed a stable base. It made no sense to attack him up high, and it wasn't possible to trip him up. At least not the conventional way. When she was close enough, she dropped down and slid between his legs. As she passed, her tail tried to wrap around one of his legs to knock him off-balance.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "..."

That had been an utter mess, to put things lightly. At least Kami had come before things had completely gotten out of a hand. She did have a bit of new respect for Jack simply because they had tried to keep things from getting out of hand, at least they tried.

Karine sighed a bit. "If this is truly the normal dynamic of the group, I'm honestly concerned of working as a coherent unit. I don't expect a bunch of strangers that have just met to instantly click together but still.."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "What's the point?" Meagan exclaimed as she watched them rush out, "It's not like they can kill each other. Like little kids playing games." She then stood up, "Don't we have someplace we need to be?"
    "I don't care for fighting or sparring myself." Karine admitted, sympathizing a bit with the other woman. "It does, however, have its place. There are things you can express with words, and others that can only be expressed that way. Sarada is an Sayain through and through, fighting is in their blood as much as a fish swimming is. If anything, one probably have a better chance of getting to know them in some respects and a better team mate that way. At least, it may be starter point. In theory."

His guard was high and his feet formed a stable base. It made no sense to attack him up high, and it wasn't possible to trip him up. At least not the conventional way. When she was close enough, she dropped down and slid between his legs. As she passed, her tail tried to wrap around one of his legs to knock him off-balance.
    Jack had been expecting a low attack of some sort, considering that was where he was open. He had not been expecting the fluffy brown tail however.

While he had managed to slip out enough to keep her from getting a solid grip, Sarada's gambit had spun Jack off kilter.

Jack had been expecting a low attack of some sort, considering that was where he was open. He had not been expecting the fluffy brown tail however.

While he had managed to slip out enough to keep her from getting a solid grip, Sarada's gambit had spun Jack off kilter.
    Perfect, it worked!

She couldn't hold him for long -- and she didn't expect to -- but she snagged him long enough to throw him off kilter. She kipped up to her feet and whirled around to land a sharp knee between his shoulders.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Perfect, it worked!

She couldn't hold him for long -- and she didn't expect to -- but she snagged him long enough to throw him off kilter. She kipped up to her feet and whirled around to land a sharp knee between his shoulders.
    Jack felt the one impact with his back. It hurt, never let it be said that Sarada did not play to win.

Still...

Jack spun around quickly hoping too hook Sarada's knee and fling her into the snow a few yards away.