Page 541 of 661 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Blue....oni?" Erosa tilted her head. "Ishu~tar? Erosa know Ishutar, Is Friend. Zaurvan know who friend is? Hmmm....." She eyed him curiously. "....How stranger know about Ishutar....she not even here."
    Upon hearing the name, the Aspect clapped its hands together almost excitedly. "Oh how wonderful, she has made a friend. In a way I am not surprised it was you, either, my dear Erosa ... considering her nature." Zurvan stated when the Id replied. Slipping into a silence then the entity seemed to ignore Erosa's question. After a moment however, the lapse in response was corrected.

"Oh, I am sorry child. I know who she is because Ishtar what you fleshy things might call my ...daughter." It stated flatly before moving right along past it.

"Now tell me, tell me, how is she? Is she as dour as she was when last I saw her ?" The Aspect asked then, before catching itself... "Oh you could not possibly know that. Now about these friends. Does she have more?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I'm saving that for when the bell goes off." Came his half-joke reply.

"... but no. There's this girl named Cyanna looking for you. Apparently she knows you, your sister, and Meagan."
    "Cyanna?" Midori asked, continuing "I don't remember a Cyanna, but maybe Shiro knows her and talked about me."

Tapping her chin, Midori said "Let me find you so I can see if actually looking at her jogs my memory. But I don't want us to wander around and hope to stumble upon each other, so I'll just fly into the air so you can see me and get to my location."

Lifting off the ground, Midori flew slowly into the air until she was high enough that she'd be easily seen by Charco and this 'Cyanna'.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Cyanna?" Midori asked, continuing "I don't remember a Cyanna, but maybe Shiro knows her and talked about me."

Tapping her chin, Midori said "Let me find you so I can see if actually looking at her jogs my memory. But I don't want us to wander around and hope to stumble upon each other, so I'll just fly into the air so you can see me and get to my location."

Lifting off the ground, Midori flew slowly into the air until she was high enough that she'd be easily seen by Charco and this 'Cyanna'.
    Looking up, she sees the flying green robot and excitedly points upwards, "There she is!" Cyanna then let go of Charco's hand and flew up to Midori, tackling her in mid-air, "Oh my goddess, oh my goddess, its' really you!" Giving her a hug, "Shiro's told me so much about you!"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Looking up, she sees the flying green robot and excitedly points upwards, "There she is!" Cyanna then let go of Charco's hand and flew up to Midori, tackling her in mid-air, "Oh my goddess, oh my goddess, its' really you!" Giving her a hug, "Shiro's told me so much about you!"
    Surprised, but not actually unhappy, by the sudden tackle-hug, Midori smiled as she said "Well, I do hope Shiro has been telling you good things about me."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Seated in the centre of his meditation field, Ochazuke wound his sense around the arena grounds. The blaze of gathered fighting spirit soon became sorted as was made aware through the contact of his energy the greatest of the subtle ki signatures. Celebrities, offworlders, abnormal spikes of aberration, and several dozen Turtle Monks, all was soon revealed. Yet the Champion himself was nowhere to be found, and Willa opted to hide in plain sight. Still other enemies may be lurking here, seeking the prize.

In the sea of people he sought the members of the team he came with as they fanned out, and it did not escape his notice that Sarada and Zaofan had made contact with Samson Balon, and the words of their conversation were keyed in through the Capsule Communicators.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada supposed that was good fortune, him leaving before the rest of his fellow monks were slaughtered by the egotistical madman. Hearing that the claw didn't actually do anything and only contained the secrets of his martial arts, all its teachings, and the like, was somewhat disappointing. Still, it would behoove them to retrieve it for him.

"What would you be willing to give us if we retrieved that claw for you?" Her tone denoted that there was only one thing that she wanted, the dragonball. If the claw was as valuable as he claimed -- and she had no reason to assume that it wasn't -- then he wouldn't have much choice.

"You don't have much choice in the matter, because one of us," she continued, gesturing to herself and Zaofan, "will win the tournament, and the dragonball. Battersea's pride is shattered, his prize is lost, so your prized possession is smashed in his iron grip. If you can live with that, then continue business as usual, and live with the guilt of having a thousand years of knowledge destroyed before your very eyes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan's interest was most certainly piqued. "Father and daughter, eh? You, of all people know what that bond is like. What is their relationship like? If the two of them met at the tournament, how would the fight play out? She might not be as strong as him, but if the punch machine tells us anything, she can at least hold her own against dear old dad. And she's a tricky fighter."

Zaofan took a seat, a more relaxed position so that he could emphasize a point. "We've seen what Battersea did to those monks. That is unforgivable. And, by my honor as a student of culture, history, and martial arts, you have my word that we will do what we can to avenge your order. Now, my friend and I here -- our chances of matching Battersea and Willa in a straight up battle are slim..."

He then made eye contact with Sarada, raising his hand to indicate his play and preempt any protest to her own power. Then he continued, "...but if we found a way to release you two from Battersea's grip, could you help us get the dragon ball away from their hands?"

Zaofan stood back up to look Samson in the eyes. "My friend is right. No one should have to face that burden. Especially one who guards the legacy of their order. Let us help you. Where does he keep the Jade Dragon?"
    It would appear the situation's become more complex than we first thought.

"You're doing well," he said to the both of them in a gravelly near-whisper, "With two points of ransom, we must do what we can to secure them."

Truthfully, with the great many obstacles coming out - and more yet on the way with the target broadcast to the entire world - it painted a grisly picture. Willa Rautt was Battersea's Bastard. If the Champion left her to die in Vermilion all those years ago, collusion between the two seemed unlikely. A known terrorist asserting her presence so openly spoke to her sheer boldness, and it seemed she took after her father's ruthless abandon in that respect. With the world watching, she clearly had some statement to make, perhaps yet to be written in the blood of the World's Strongest.

What's more, the Knife awaits her signal, no doubt. There is no way she's here without any Raider company.

"Assure him that we can win this battle," Ochazuke continued, "We know we can. You know the weak points and the means to seize them. If he is a man of his honour, then you must also swear it to him, Zaofan. In the meantime, I'll see if I can secure them their way out from here."

Switching his Comm Channel, he hailed the frequency toward the Lookout.

"Nunlil, are you there?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Surprised, but not actually unhappy, by the sudden tackle-hug, Midori smiled as she said "Well, I do hope Shiro has been telling you good things about me."
    Grabbing her by the hand, Cyanna dragged her back to Charco, all the while talking, "I learned so much from Shiro. All about robots and about how good, and kind and brave you are. Never met a robot before I met her, and now I have two robot friends!"

Cancelling her attack, Meagan flies back to where she left Etrina and Shiro.

If they are not there, she uses her com to contact them and warn them.

If they are there, she has them lay low, waiting for another chance to act.

Meanwhile, she also contacts Held, to tell him about the situation.
    Meagan speaks softly to Etrina and Shiro, "If you have any suggestions, now is the time to make them. Otherwise we either stay hidden until the guys barge in, or we take a chance and do what we came in here to do."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It would appear the situation's become more complex than we first thought.

"You're doing well," he said to the both of them in a gravelly near-whisper, "With two points of ransom, we must do what we can to secure them."

Truthfully, with the great many obstacles coming out - and more yet on the way with the target broadcast to the entire world - it painted a grisly picture. Willa Rautt was Battersea's Bastard. If the Champion left her to die in Vermilion all those years ago, collusion between the two seemed unlikely. A known terrorist asserting her presence so openly spoke to her sheer boldness, and it seemed she took after her father's ruthless abandon in that respect. With the world watching, she clearly had some statement to make, perhaps yet to be written in the blood of the World's Strongest.

What's more, the Knife awaits her signal, no doubt. There is no way she's here without any Raider company.

"Assure him that we can win this battle," Ochazuke continued, "We know we can. You know the weak points and the means to seize them. If he is a man of his honour, then you must also swear it to him, Zaofan. In the meantime, I'll see if I can secure them their way out from here."
    Zaofan did not say anything -- indeed, he had forgotten about the communicator -- but silently he heeded Ochazuke's reminder. Still maintaining eye contact with Samson, he spoke, "By my honor, Mister Belon -- you have my word as a descendant of the Five Schools. Including the Turtle School and the tutelage of Master Eskramoto.

He then conducted the greeting. Closed fist, extended open palm, turning hand over, extending index finger up while keeping the thumb tight.

"The Order. The Brotherhood. The Five Schools. Please, let us help you and your daughter."
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-09-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Switching his Comm Channel, he hailed the frequency toward the Lookout.

"Nunlil, are you there?"
    There was silence on the channel for several moments, before the pink Oni's voice sounded back a response. "There has been a complication, yet I am here."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Meagan speaks softly to Etrina and Shiro, "If you have any suggestions, now is the time to make them. Otherwise we either stay hidden until the guys barge in, or we take a chance and do what we came in here to do."
    "Well.....it looks like, misfire or not, the distraction team is going their job at least. We shouldn't pass up this opportunity. I suggest we split our attention........one sabotage the garage but keep one transport as an escape option, one search the office and one disable their artillery." Etrina pointed up to the top of the barracks, where Kenshiko was. "Lose their leader, disrupt their transport and then use one of their vehicles to ride out in the confusion with the dragonball.....hopefully."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Upon hearing the name, the Aspect clapped its hands together almost excitedly. "Oh how wonderful, she has made a friend. In a way I am not surprised it was you, either, my dear Erosa ... considering her nature." Zurvan stated when the Id replied. Slipping into a silence then the entity seemed to ignore Erosa's question. After a moment however, the lapse in response was corrected.

"Oh, I am sorry child. I know who she is because Ishtar what you fleshy things might call my ...daughter." It stated flatly before moving right along past it.

"Now tell me, tell me, how is she? Is she as dour as she was when last I saw her ?" The Aspect asked then, before catching itself... "Oh you could not possibly know that. Now about these friends. Does she have more?"
    "Dour? Whats that?" Erosa asked, then immediately backpedaled. "Daughter? Papa Ishutar is Zaurvan! Awww.....its too bad blue oni not here. Papa who like eating and is nice is best papa." She took a bite of her meat cheerfully.

In response to his next question, Erosa gave as rough a general explanation as she could to the many friends that Ishtar had made in their little group...

Ashurah ~ The Metal Monk, Supplier of Head Pats
    Zhaofan ~ The Cookman, Hot Chef who makes the Yummies
    Saruada ~ The Stupid Ugly Monkey Lady, see title.
    Midorri and Shero ~ Future Mate x2,
    Cookimaru ~ The Purple Dishwasher, laughs like dying owl
    Sausheem ~ Unflushed Toilet with a floater, tastes like butt.
    And Ouchasukie ~ *Erosa quickly provides hand draw picture on her napkin using nearby condiments*

"Dour? Whats that?" Erosa asked, then immediately backpedaled. "Daughter? Papa Ishutar is Zaurvan! Awww.....its too bad blue oni not here. Papa who like eating and is nice is best papa." She took a bite of her meat cheerfully.

In response to his next question, Erosa gave as rough a general explanation as she could to the many friends that Ishtar had made in their little group...

Ashurah ~ The Metal Monk, Supplier of Head Pats
    Zhaofan ~ The Cookman, Hot Chef who makes the Yummies
    Saruada ~ The Stupid Ugly Monkey Lady, see title.
    Midorri and Shero ~ Future Mate x2,
    Cookimaru ~ The Purple Dishwasher, laughs like dying owl
    Sausheem ~ Unflushed Toilet with a floater, tastes like butt.
    And Ouchasukie ~ *Erosa quickly provides hand draw picture on her napkin using nearby condiments*
    "Dour ... It means hm .." Zurvan was silent a moment.

"Grumpy ... Scary-looking. None of that ?" The Aspect explained, before asking softly. "In any case these friends you mentioned ..." A curiosity, really. All were explained from Erosa's perspective, and what each meant to her specifically. The relationships to Ishtar being something of an unknown quantity. Curiosity piqued however, especially considering the number of them, Zurvan continued after a momentary pause.

"Are any of them present? I would like to understand the path my daught- .. Ishtar, has chosen, and meeting these individuals will assist with this endeavor. I will provide them with food should it make such a thing more agreeable."

Arx Inosaan

Ki control is a skill most races tend to skip in their development. A race could learn how to fly and blow up moons with their Ki, but actual control of their inner energy would still elude them. Even those who learned how to properly focus their Ki and sense it, rarely bothered to learn how to lower said energy. Hiding one’s Ki was, for most, something saved for sneak attacks. Why bother with anything else when you can keep your power at a comfortable baseline without straining yourself?

Well, maybe to avoid being a jackass!

Slak sighs. Even though his power has grown much, he keeps it at a level low even by the standards of this planet, a courtesy that is very much wasted on these people. On upside, it means the people on the island aren’t even trying to hide their base power level.

On the downside, he is being forced to eat his earlier words quite thoroughly. The number of high power levels makes no sense.

A vein throbs on his temple. Slak ignores it. For now, Slak focuses on Sarada’s and Zaofan’s Ki signatures.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

"Well.....it looks like, misfire or not, the distraction team is going their job at least. We shouldn't pass up this opportunity. I suggest we split our attention........one sabotage the garage but keep one transport as an escape option, one search the office and one disable their artillery." Etrina pointed up to the top of the barracks, where Kenshiko was. "Lose their leader, disrupt their transport and then use one of their vehicles to ride out in the confusion with the dragonball.....hopefully."
    Meagan then looked to Shiro for her opinion before making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ki control is a skill most races tend to skip in their development. A race could learn how to fly and blow up moons with their Ki, but actual control of their inner energy would still elude them. Even those who learned how to properly focus their Ki and sense it, rarely bothered to learn how to lower said energy. Hiding one’s Ki was, for most, something saved for sneak attacks. Why bother with anything else when you can keep your power at a comfortable baseline without straining yourself?

Well, maybe to avoid being a jackass!

Slak sighs. Even though his power has grown much, he keeps it at a level low even by the standards of this planet, a courtesy that is very much wasted on these people. On upside, it means the people on the island aren’t even trying to hide their base power level.

On the downside, he is being forced to eat his earlier words quite thoroughly. The number of high power levels makes no sense.

A vein throbs on his temple. Slak ignores it. For now, Slak focuses on Sarada’s and Zaofan’s Ki signatures.
    Jack tapped the Namekian on the shoulder lightly.

"Hey Slak, how do you do that?" he asked, referencing Slak's ability to lower his ki to next to nothing. "Hiding your power like that could be really useful. Think of the potential."

Jack tiptoed a few feet away, and did a mock backstab on an invisible target, "Especially for sneak attacks!"