Page 542 of 661 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552592642 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Grabbing her by the hand, Cyanna dragged her back to Charco, all the while talking, "I learned so much from Shiro. All about robots and about how good, and kind and brave you are. Never met a robot before I met her, and now I have two robot friends!"
    "Well, I never met a Chromakai before Meagan, but now I've met two and have them as friends! This has been a very exciting few days for me as well." Midori said with a smile, allowing Cyanna to lead her to Charco.

"But if you don't mind me asking, what brings you to the tournament?" Midori asked curiously.

Meagan speaks softly to Etrina and Shiro, "If you have any suggestions, now is the time to make them. Otherwise we either stay hidden until the guys barge in, or we take a chance and do what we came in here to do."
    "I would suggest we at least see if we can find what we're here for before the guys barge in. Because I have a feeling that with both Chou and Sasheem involved, everything will turn sideways in such a way we won't be able to do so then." Shiro answered.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Dour ... It means hm .." Zurvan was silent a moment.

"Grumpy ... Scary-looking. None of that ?" The Aspect explained, before asking softly. "In any case these friends you mentioned ..." A curiosity, really. All were explained from Erosa's perspective, and what each meant to her specifically. The relationships to Ishtar being something of an unknown quantity. Curiosity piqued however, especially considering the number of them, Zurvan continued after a momentary pause.

"Are any of them present? I would like to understand the path my daught- .. Ishtar, has chosen, and meeting these individuals will assist with this endeavor. I will provide them with food should it make such a thing more agreeable."
    "Ishutar not Grumpy....First to talk with Erosa. Rank 1 on top 5 oni Erosa know!" Erosa nodded. "Yes, Maybe you want to meet Cookman and Stupid Monkey. Cookman make food better then sold here, and Monkey is Stupid so.....we point and laugh." she smiled. "Just second...I call them!"

Erosa make a retching sound and coughed up her communicator which she wiped off on her clothes before sticking in her ear. "Cookman! Cookman! Stupid Monkey....not guess who Erosa found."

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Jack tapped the Namekian on the shoulder lightly.

"Hey Slak, how do you do that?" he asked, referencing Slak's ability to lower his ki to next to nothing. "Hiding your power like that could be really useful. Think of the potential."

Jack tiptoed a few feet away, and did a mock backstab on an invisible target, "Especially for sneak attacks!"
    “I...that is not...” Slak trails off and sighs. “No, I suppose it is no use getting annoyed. You are hardly the first one to have that thought.”

Slak pauses to think how to best phrase it. “I assume you are familiar with Ki. It flows through us, empowers us, and is what is used to create the destructive blasts this group is so fond of. Most of the time, your Ki stays at a level that is comfortable to your body. Machines like scouters call this your power level.”

Which is why the things are so easy to fool. They are not made to handle the sudden changes that happen as a result of properly focusing one’s Ki. Namekian children often make a game out of controlling the number displayed.

“However, it is possible to lower one’s Ki. Think of the current state of your Ki as a muscle that is always flexed. Relax it. Dismiss the energy you are not using at the moment and focus the rest inward. That is the beginning. On Namek, we learn this when young. Since we can all sense Ki, it is considered proper to keep it low so as to avoid bothering others.”
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Well, I never met a Chromakai before Meagan, but now I've met two and have them as friends! This has been a very exciting few days for me as well." Midori said with a smile, allowing Cyanna to lead her to Charco.

"But if you don't mind me asking, what brings you to the tournament?" Midori asked curiously.
    Cyanna looks at Charco, then at Midori, then spoke in a hushed voice, "It was supposed to be a secret. Sensei wanted to see Meagan compete in the tournament, only she isn't here." Moving her hood slightly from her face, "Charco, will you be competing in the tournament?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Well.....it looks like, misfire or not, the distraction team is going their job at least. We shouldn't pass up this opportunity. I suggest we split our attention........one sabotage the garage but keep one transport as an escape option, one search the office and one disable their artillery." Etrina pointed up to the top of the barracks, where Kenshiko was. "Lose their leader, disrupt their transport and then use one of their vehicles to ride out in the confusion with the dragonball.....hopefully."
    "I would suggest we at least see if we can find what we're here for before the guys barge in. Because I have a feeling that with both Chou and Sasheem involved, everything will turn sideways in such a way we won't be able to do so then." Shiro answered.
    With a nod, "Shiro, try and get inside the lone barrack that Kenshiko was guarding. If she was guarding it, that must mean soemthing very important is inside. Just be careful. If you run into trouble, contact us."

"Etrina, you and I will go after what's in the garage. We'll stay invisible and quiet unless there is trouble and a distraction is needed. After that, we can head to the armory to take out their weapons."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default Asst. GM: Kenshiko

Command Team

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam's head cocks to the side as it intercepts the enemy's shots. "Radio traffic increasing, the enemy is mobilizing. Recommend evacuating the transport so they cannot force us into a defensive position."
    Adam's interception shots connect.

They do not slow down the approaching ki projectile; to the contrary, the diameter and intensity of the energy wave expands as it continues to approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Nevadians train of thought was disrupted as he noted the dual flares of power, one outwards towards Chou and Sasheems position, the other far closer to the transport ship than Held would have felt comfortable dealing with. It seemed that if anything, the infiltration team might have been having a better time of things, as far as Held could tell, with no counter attack marking their position.

"I'll go hunt for the Dragonball myself, with Koorimaru as backup." Held informed Adam hastily, preparing to move out before the enemies ki flare found its mark, "Inform me of your decision over the comms."
    In the distance, two large tanks can be seen closing in followed by 6 soldiers carrying heavy ordinance. Their masked uniforms and body armour and the hydraulic whir of their joints crackle with an energy.

One tank rolls forward. The other raises its gun and fires an artillery shot into the sky.

Assault Team:

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    As the massive arc of pressure came down, he felt it as he attempts to saw it, to split it apart so arches will divide up and land on sides.

“ Whoever That is. Has to die.”

He wa still soaked with emotion as he teleports amongst the trees. Towards who launched it. He was not afraid. Too pissed to be angry, looking to see who was showing up. Fears how transport looks fro that Blast. He, is really pissed now.
    Chou's blades make contact, and the fireball explodes white-hot, scattering chain links to a rain of slag on the area below.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem knew that it was finally time to have fun once the energy wave descended upon them. Luckily, Chou had scattered it apart.

Their plan had already failed it seemed and that meant Sasheem had no orders or directions that needed to be followed. Sasheem grinned as he sunk beneath the earth below.

Time to play!
    As Sasheem moves through the earth, he would become acutely aware that it is unusually easy to pass through the soil of this section, as if it had been furrowed before.

A tangle of unnatural roots makes itself known. As he moves further inward, he is greeted by an embossed message in the dirt:

Front Toward Enemy

A row of anti-personnel mines flare up and discharge, raining fire and hot shrapnel around Sasheem.

Further ahead, a black APC convoy flanked by a fireteam of three armoured shocktroopers surveys the ridge overlooking the now-burning plain where their man had fallen.

Recon Team
    Meagan speaks softly to Etrina and Shiro, "If you have any suggestions, now is the time to make them. Otherwise we either stay hidden until the guys barge in, or we take a chance and do what we came in here to do."
    "Well.....it looks like, misfire or not, the distraction team is going their job at least. We shouldn't pass up this opportunity. I suggest we split our attention........one sabotage the garage but keep one transport as an escape option, one search the office and one disable their artillery." Etrina pointed up to the top of the barracks, where Kenshiko was. "Lose their leader, disrupt their transport and then use one of their vehicles to ride out in the confusion with the dragonball.....hopefully."
    As the alarms blare and vehicles mobilize from the areas around the barracks, a fire team of 6 uniformed soldiers pace double-time to secure the barracks.

3 fortify the position.

The other 3 fan out, the leader of this group slowly - albeit unknowingly - approach their position. The static buzz of radio chatter sounds from his talkie.

Kenshiko's whereabouts remain unknown.
    Last edited by grampagen; 04-09-2018 at 08:09 PM.

There was silence on the channel for several moments, before the pink Oni's voice sounded back a response. "There has been a complication, yet I am here."
    It was a rather unusual length of delay for a team that was meant to be on standby.

"We've made contact with the Abbot and his daughter," he said, "while Sarada and Zaofan are gathering information on their situation, the area is a groundswell of looming eyes spoiling for a fight. I will have to notify you when you can make your extraction."

Could something have happened? Ochazuke thought, the manner of expanding threats about them making it abundantly clear that a torrent of violence could erupt at anytime, anywhere. The Pink Oni made her trade collecting things that had escaped from Hell, he would have to leave it to them and the Guardian to fulfill their mission while they did their part on the ground here.

HE was floating through the air, batting away the shrapnel heading his way as he was on his cool headed killer streak mood. As he then notes Sasheem going boom and the new guys. He teleports in their ranks. Telekinesis in effect to take some of those shrapnel from mines and storm to plow right into their number as he swings his hammer True with much speed and effort to the o e of their heads.

“ Anyone need any help?! How is it going for you guys?!”

Did not know of the fucking tanks heading to transport.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    "In the present circumstances I believe I would be better suited to eliminating enemy forces and escalate the conflict here so the infiltration team has fewer concerns."
    "Right." Held glanced away from the Dragon Radar for a moment, placing the object in back into the familiar capsule that housed it. As things were, the battlefield was far too frantic for the Nevadian to attempt to locate the object himself. "When we manage to deal with this, join Chou, I'll meet up with the others."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Command Team

Adam's interception shots connect.

They do not slow down the approaching ki projectile; to the contrary, the diameter and intensity of the energy wave expands as it continues to approach.

In the distance, two large tanks can be seen closing in followed by 6 soldiers carrying heavy ordinance. Their masked uniforms and body armour and the hydraulic whir of their joints crackle with an energy.

This really didn't go nearly as well as I hoped it would have....Oh well.

"Megan, Shiro, Etrina." Held said, tapping the comm once more as he attempted to hail the team, his eyes narrowing as the tanks proceeded to roll out before his very eyes. The massive ordinance carried by the troopers made their agenda clear enough in the eyes of the Nevadian. Either destroy the ship, or blow everything close to it to oblivion. "I'll assume you're maintaining radio silence for a reason, contact me when you can, I'll try and help you hone in on the Dragonballs position."

With things as they were, it was unlikely that Held would be able to personally acquire the ball, but between his navigation and the hopefully successful infiltration, narrowing down the search and obtaining the Dragonball was still likely.

One tank rolls forward. The other raises its gun and fires an artillery shot into the sky.
    "Fan Out!" The Nevadian shouted to his compatriots, "Incoming!"

Koorimaru, by contrast, opted for a different tactic, the crimson energy of his Death Beam shooting skyward from his place atop the transport to meet the ammunition in the air, hopefully intercepting it before it could find its mark.

I guess it's a good thing he stayed behind....My range attacks are limited by comparison.

The Nevadian, not content to rest on his laurels, followed with his own attack.

He dashed forth, his golden spear gleaming in the sunlight as he advanced.

Skidding to a stop, the Nevadian loosed it, and the projectile spiraled across the battlefield, seeking to skewer the gun that had just fired upon them.

Recon Team

As the alarms blare and vehicles mobilize from the areas around the barracks, a fire team of 6 uniformed soldiers pace double-time to secure the barracks.

3 fortify the position.

The other 3 fan out, the leader of this group slowly - albeit unknowingly - approach their position. The static buzz of radio chatter sounds from his talkie.

Kenshiko's whereabouts remain unknown.
    "Right." Held glanced away from the Dragon Radar for a moment, placing the object in back into the familiar capsule that housed it. As things were, the battlefield was far too frantic for the Nevadian to attempt to locate the object himself. "When we manage to deal with this, join Chou, I'll meet up with the others."

This really didn't go nearly as well as I hoped it would have....Oh well.

"Megan, Shiro, Etrina." Held said, tapping the comm once more as he attempted to hail the team, his eyes narrowing as the tanks proceeded to roll out before his very eyes. The massive ordinance carried by the troopers made their agenda clear enough in the eyes of the Nevadian. Either destroy the ship, or blow everything close to it to oblivion. "I'll assume you're maintaining radio silence for a reason, contact me when you can, I'll try and help you hone in on the Dragonballs position."

With things as they were, it was unlikely that Held would be able to personally acquire the ball, but between his navigation and the hopefully successful infiltration, narrowing down the search and obtaining the Dragonball was still likely.

Koorimaru, by contrast, opted for a different tactic, the crimson energy of his Death Beam shooting skyward from his place atop the transport to meet the ammunition in the air, hopefully intercepting it before it could find its mark.

I guess it's a good thing he stayed behind....My range attacks are limited by comparison.

Skidding to a stop, the Nevadian loosed it, and the projectile spiraled across the battlefield, seeking to skewer the gun that had just fired upon them.
    Meagan stops Shiro and Etrina, "Not yet." She then activates her comm, "Held, we are undetected, so far. Kenshiko spotted guarding a possible location for the DB. She vanished, replaced by troops. We were about to attempt infiltration and sabotage."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

It was a rather unusual length of delay for a team that was meant to be on standby.

"We've made contact with the Abbot and his daughter," he said, "while Sarada and Zaofan are gathering information on their situation, the area is a groundswell of looming eyes spoiling for a fight. I will have to notify you when you can make your extraction."

Could something have happened? Ochazuke thought, the manner of expanding threats about them making it abundantly clear that a torrent of violence could erupt at anytime, anywhere. The Pink Oni made her trade collecting things that had escaped from Hell, he would have to leave it to them and the Guardian to fulfill their mission while they did their part on the ground here.
    More silence on the other end of the comm.

"That plan may have to change," came the response finally, from Nunlil. "I am standing guard over Evangeline, who has been sapped of her power and lies unconscious. An injured Ishtar, alongside Asha'rah, and the Ronin Kai is currently engaged with the source: Kevi the Stalker." Silence reigned once more for several moments, before the pink Oni continued on.

"Perhaps I can bring the young Guardian with me when I am needed, though I am not sure such an option would be wise given her current state."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

HE was floating through the air, batting away the shrapnel heading his way as he was on his cool headed killer streak mood. As he then notes Sasheem going boom and the new guys. He teleports in their ranks. Telekinesis in effect to take some of those shrapnel from mines and storm to plow right into their number as he swings his hammer True with much speed and effort to the o e of their heads.

The teleport in takes the soldiers by surprise. The one Chou struck at was surprisingly quick enough to roll with the blow. Yet as he struck true, the head of the hammer was robbed of nearly half its force as it cracked the side of the infantryman's helmet, and something else unseen until Chou was touches it.

A repulsor field.

The two other infantrymen around the APC turn their attention to Basaraa and light him up with near point-blank repulsor-beams from the barrels of their rifles, one high in the chest, the other low to the abdomen.

"

Koorimaru's Death Beam lands and the artillery shot smokes, breaks and scatters high over the battlefield. In its wake, a small disklike object tumbles out of the warhead, curiously enough, and it casts a parachute upward as it tumbles and rolls.

Held's Golden Spear glances off he barrel of the gun. Another repulsor field.

The turret swivels directly toward him as the infantry fireteam hits the deck and lays down suppressing fire; bullets composed of an alloy of a density composition banned by the World Government. They move with a speed an order greater than the standard issue, chewing potholes into the scenery as they trace Held's path.
    Last edited by grampagen; 04-09-2018 at 09:17 PM.

More silence on the other end of the comm.

"That plan may have to change," came the response finally, from Nunlil. "I am standing guard over Evangeline, who has been sapped of her power and lies unconscious. An injured Ishtar, alongside Asha'rah, and the Ronin Kai is currently engaged with the source: Kevi the Stalker." Silence reigned once more for several moments, before the pink Oni continued on.

"Perhaps I can bring the young Guardian with me when I am needed, though I am not sure such an option would be wise given her current state."
    Under the circumstances, it was unbecoming that for a long five seconds there was a reciprocal silence from Turtle Island. Ochazuke had taken this mission in full knowledge that this could devolve into not one but a succession of fights. Nunlil, speaking the unfettered truth as she always would, laid out the situation plainly, and his pulse began to race.

"The Lookout is the source of her power, is it not?" He seethed, "She was restored in mere minutes a few days ago, how..."

The words failed him. They'd been so focused on the threats on the Island and the Base that they had effectively left their back door wide open. But powerless to do anything, Ochazuke could only keep his eyes on the ground.

"...if there is no other way, then do it. I will keep this line open and see what I can do."

It was the only grain of optimism he could spare for her. Yet the hard truth of the matter seemed to be, as far as he knew, they were now on their own.

Astonishing Member

Meagan stops Shiro and Etrina, "Not yet." She then activates her comm, "Held, we are undetected, so far. Kenshiko spotted guarding a possible location for the DB. She vanished, replaced by troops. We were about to attempt infiltration and sabotage."
    "Acknowledged." The Nevadian was direct in his communication, far too preoccupied to bother with his usual eloquence.

"Chou, proceed as plann--"

Koorimaru's Death Beam lands and the artillery shot smokes, breaks and scatters high over the battlefield. In its wake, a small disklike object tumbles out of the warhead, curiously enough, and it casts a parachute upward as it tumbles and rolls.
    "Ohoh?" Koorimaru looked on impassively at the gently cascading object floating downwards like a leaf. "What could this be?"

His first instinct was to simply erase the object from existence, it was clearly an attack of some kind, was it not? But surely these humans would not be so primitive as to allow him such a slow target, would they?

His right eye closed, and a drone shot forth from his position, heading towards the parachute. Koorimaru had opted to examine the object.

Just what sort of games do these human hope to play at?

Held's Golden Spear glances off he barrel of the gun. Another repulsor field.
    Held frowned slightly. His weapon missed its mark? No. His aim was as true as it always was. It was only after a moment that he absently realized the tell-tale signs of a repulsor field. It was somewhat of a surprise to find this level of technology on this planet at first glance, but considering the existence of Capsules, and Jinzi's own exceptional advancements, perhaps it was more a matter of Held not digging deeply--or much at all--into the true advancements of this planet.

I didn't think they'd have this level of technology. They really are far more than common raiders.

The turret swivels directly toward him as the infantry fireteam hits the deck and lays down suppressing fire; bullets composed of an alloy of a density composition banned by the World Government. They move with a speed an order greater than the standard issue, chewing potholes into the scenery as they trace Held's path.
    Shit!

The ground before the Nevadian began to evaporate from the ordinance being sent forth in a wave of off suppressing fire, rapidly seeking to overtake him, and keep him out of attacking range.

Shingan!

The red manifested completely within the Nevadians eyes, as the Nevadian dove to the side, out of the path of the projectiles, giving him some measure of breathing room.

I'll have to close the gap...At this range, all I can do is play keep away!

Gallop!

Ki flowed through his legs, and the Nevadian dashed forward, rocks and debris being blown away from his position.

Held advanced rapidly on the enemy, moving erratically, zigging here, zagging there, still advancing, never retreating, his focus less on the path of the weapons, and more on the positioning of those who released it, the power of his Shingan allowing such things to be noticed with trivial ease.

Evading the firestorm itself would have been a lofty endevour; He opted to use the weakest link in the attack, the men behind the attack, to his advantage.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It would appear the situation's become more complex than we first thought.

"You're doing well," he said to the both of them in a gravelly near-whisper, "With two points of ransom, we must do what we can to secure them."

Truthfully, with the great many obstacles coming out - and more yet on the way with the target broadcast to the entire world - it painted a grisly picture. Willa Rautt was Battersea's Bastard. If the Champion left her to die in Vermilion all those years ago, collusion between the two seemed unlikely. A known terrorist asserting her presence so openly spoke to her sheer boldness, and it seemed she took after her father's ruthless abandon in that respect. With the world watching, she clearly had some statement to make, perhaps yet to be written in the blood of the World's Strongest.

What's more, the Knife awaits her signal, no doubt. There is no way she's here without any Raider company.

"Assure him that we can win this battle," Ochazuke continued, "We know we can. You know the weak points and the means to seize them. If he is a man of his honour, then you must also swear it to him, Zaofan. In the meantime, I'll see if I can secure them their way out from here."

Switching his Comm Channel, he hailed the frequency toward the Lookout.

"Nunlil, are you there?"
    As she awaited Samson's reply to her hard-driven bargain, Sarada was surprised to hear Ochazuke chime in with his approval of the negotiations thus far. She had been silently thinking about contacting the others, but with the communication devices in their ears always active, there was a very good chance that the others could hear everything they were saying. Not having to waste time filling the others in meant they could spend their full time between when they reunited and when the tournament began -- however long or short that time was -- devising a solid strategy with which to procure the jade dragon claw from Battersea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan did not say anything -- indeed, he had forgotten about the communicator -- but silently he heeded Ochazuke's reminder. Still maintaining eye contact with Samson, he spoke, "By my honor, Mister Belon -- you have my word as a descendant of the Five Schools. Including the Turtle School and the tutelage of Master Eskramoto.

He then conducted the greeting. Closed fist, extended open palm, turning hand over, extending index finger up while keeping the thumb tight.

"The Order. The Brotherhood. The Five Schools. Please, let us help you and your daughter."
    Zaofan did some hand gesture, which she assumed meant something important to Samson. She crossed her arms and continued to wait.

"Ishutar not Grumpy....First to talk with Erosa. Rank 1 on top 5 oni Erosa know!" Erosa nodded. "Yes, Maybe you want to meet Cookman and Stupid Monkey. Cookman make food better then sold here, and Monkey is Stupid so.....we point and laugh." she smiled. "Just second...I call them!"

Erosa make a retching sound and coughed up her communicator which she wiped off on her clothes before sticking in her ear. "Cookman! Cookman! Stupid Monkey....not guess who Erosa found."
    Sarada stifled a sigh when Erosa contacted them. She could not have picked a worse time for her bullshit.

She didn't responded, deciding with no hesitation that their current mission was more important. If Erosa ran into some important -- like Battersea -- she likely would have said so from the outset.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The lead patrolman turns down the lane, the static of the radio chatter following in the wake of his boots on the pavement. He raises his rifle and checks the corners suspiciously.

"...all clear. Next sector."

A garbled hiss sounds off and cuts as the fire team moves along, one-by-one, until the three move from sight.

Yet even knowing that the company has moved on, tensions remain high.