Page 547 of 661 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Soon, Erosa and a strange man came into view. "That must be him," she said to Zaofan.

She first stopped to grab a large helping of nachos -- complete with cheese, beef, banana peppers, tomatoes, green onion, and sour cream -- and approached Zurvan. "Hi, you must be Ishar's mentor. I'm Sarada, her soon to be daddy." She smiled and held a hand out, like Jack showed her earlier.
    Zaofan ignored the nachos as he accompanied Sarada. "Huh, he doesn't look like anything I imagined. Then again, I don't know what I would have imagined for Ishtar's... father...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Pff.....KEYEHEKEKEKEKE!!" Erosa broke into hysterical laughter. "Monkey Lady say funniest things sometime."
    Sarada ignored the Id.
    "Hello, Erosa!" Zaofan said with a smile, a bit of a relief of seeing another ...somewhat...friendly face. "How are the nachos?"

"Daddy is something men like to make women call them when they mate," she explained, only a little bile rising up her throat. "I was mostly joking, though Ishtar and I will be mating soon. We have more important matters to attend to, but once those are over, I'll be learning of her more intimate side. For now, we've fought a few times, and she taught me one of her power boosting techniques. I think there's a lot more she has to offer me, so for now our relationship is teacher and pupil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Progress ? Hm ..."

Zurvan eyed Sarada curiously once more, before shaking his head somewhat amused. "I do believe I see some of what Ishtar has seen in you, and that alone explains a great deal ... though to say I truly know the mind of the girl is perhaps a bit much." With a shrug then, the Aspect focused in on what the girl explained then; and it was far more concerning than the matter of Aeshma.

Sij ... how quickly she has progressed given familiar stimuli.

Silent a moment after the utterance of the word, or at least a close approximation- almost in the language itself no less- Zurvan finally sighed slowly before nodding.

"I see, I see .. well along the way to what she once was. Though perhaps now things may progress for the better." Stealing some of Sarada's nachos then, the Aspect munched contemplatively before continuing on.

"I know you intend to, ah ... mate, with Ishtar ... I can only assume such a thing is reciprocated you are undoubtedly a glimmer of what once was ... yet has she told you of the last time ? Or I suppose, start with what she has told you, and perhaps I can fill in what is missing."
    "Yeah, I'd say she reciprocates that intention."
    "
    Zaofan would be the first to admit that he found Ishtar to be an anomaly. He didn't know quite how to think of her, given how little they've interacted so far. Zaofan would have to make it a point to get to know her better. Then again, he knew Sarada only slightly more. Even after five days, everything still seemed so new. It would be rude to interject given Sarada and Zurvan's exchange as the third (or fourth?) wheel. .

Still, given the conversation between Sarada and Zurvan in regards to mating with Ishtar, the normally congenial Zaofan found himself at, oh, one could say, a loss for words.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan ignored the nachos as he accompanied Sarada. "Huh, he doesn't look like anything I imagined. Then again, I don't know what I would have imagined for Ishtar's... father...
    "Well, blue, for one," Sarada answered with a smirk. "And horny."

Zaofan would be the first to admit that he found Ishtar to be an anomaly. He didn't know quite how to think of her, given how little they've interacted so far. Zaofan would have to make it a point to get to know her better. Then again, he knew Sarada only slightly more. Even after five days, everything still seemed so new. It would be rude to interject given Sarada and Zurvan's exchange as the third (or fourth?) wheel. .

Still, given the conversation between Sarada and Zurvan in regards to mating with Ishtar, the normally congenial Zaofan found himself at, oh, one could say, a loss for words.

As she spoke with Zurvan, she glanced over and noticed Zaofan looking rather dazed. She quirked an eyebrow and delivered a sharp elbow to his ribs. "Hey, you alright there?" she asked.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Maiz raised a curious eyebrow. Sarada, showing a modicum of patience and restraint instead of jumping in bed with a woman she met right away? It had been a productive few weeks indeed for her charge. Why, she remembered the first time this came up. Sarada brought a young girl about her age to their home to 'study'. The girl didn't leave until the next morning and Sarada couldn't stop smiling. It was her first experience -- to Maiz's knowledge -- with another female. She supposed that the habit stuck, for good reason.

In fact, Maiz was very certain that Sarada had never been with a male before, again, for good reason. The reason she gave -- that she was waiting for a well-endowed male -- was a lie she supposed that she was still too haunted by the real reason to ever voice it out loud. Poor girl.

Hm.

"These ones that she's interested in, are any of them male?" She supposed that it wouldn't hurt to ask, even though she already knew that the answer was no. Unless she had changed more than she thought, or perhaps held human males in a different light than Saiyan males. There wasn't much difference, outside of aggression and a tail.

Maiz could only shake her head with second-hand embarrassment. She could only imagine what onlookers were thinking when they beheld these three... nerds making complete fools out of themselves. At least Pinach and Rutaba were children, so that was to be expected; Totoma was nearly grown, if he wasn't full grown already.

Oh, well. She didn't have the heart to judge him too harshly.

When he exercised his hidden power, however, she was shaken. He was more powerful than all three of them put together. He was even stronger than Mato!

Her mouth opened to say something, anything, but all that came out was a soft shudder.

The two young Saiyans, for their parts, sensed the rise in power also -- Maiz had taught them both how to sense ki when they were younger. Slack-jawed and wide-eyed, they stared in sheer amazement at The Just Saiyan. His power, his presentation, his pose; he was the greatest hero they had ever seen! Without a doubt, he was holding himself back so he could fight fairly with the other competitors.

"Wow," Rutaba whispered in awe. "See, I told you he was holding back! He's so nice!"

"Whoa! How'd you get so strong?" Pinach asked eagerly.

"Can we be as strong as you when we grow up?" his cousin asked after him, just as excited.

When he commended their heroism, they both blushed bright red. "Aw, it's nothing like what you do, Just Saiyan," Pinach deflected shyly. "We just want to do the right thing, and no one really cares about the people in the Meat Market."

"So, we took it upon ourselves to give them hope and something to believe in, just like you do here on Earth." Rutaba reached into her tunic and pulled out a well-worn comic book. Totoma would recognize his appearance on the cover. "See? When we read this, we just knew that we wanted to be superheroes just like you."

"Yeah. We and our friends all think you're the greatest!"

In the distance, Maiz smiled softly. For as much as those two got on her nerves with their hero talk, watching them interact with their biggest idol was... touching and heart-warming. And to think that there were dozen of Saiyan children just like them on Vocado; the future was truly bright.

When the two children appeared and did their entrance it took every ounce of dignified control to not squeal about how adorable the two were. Doing so would have embarrassed herself but the two hit the 'cute' button so it was somewhat hard to contain it, but contain it she did. She just watched the scene with a soft, fond smile as Totoma interacted with them. While in some ways the antics may have been cringe, the fact Totoma went out of his way to do that spoke a lot about them in another way. He was willing to put up and go through with something 'childish' for the sake of a few impressional children.

It was really touching. Karine did briefly wonder if it was a slight indication what he would be like with children of his own; though that was a ways off and a if.

Her red eyes turn from them, deciding to let Totoma speak as she addressed Maizl. "...Those two are adorable. I doubt they'd want to hear that from me though." She chuckled, then smiled once again. "You know, I have a adopted little sister named Tamaki that is a Sayain. Maybe one day she'll get to meet them. I think you would like her too as well as them."

<snip>

Hm.

"These ones that she's interested in, are any of them male?" She supposed that it wouldn't hurt to ask, even though she already knew that the answer was no. Unless she had changed more than she thought, or perhaps held human males in a different light than Saiyan males. There wasn't much difference, outside of aggression and a tail.
    Were any of them male? Well, she clearly preferred females, but there was Jack and... maybe Zaofan? The former Totoma was sure she had some interest in mating with, but the latter... could just be teasing. Then again, his father had charmed his way into his mother's... battle armor... in part due to his supreme cooking skill, so who knew?

Totoma nodded. "Yeah, there's one guy she seems interested in. He's a bit rough around the edges--kinda Saiyan-like, but not as aggressive--but I think he's a good guy deep down... or is working towards that, in any case. Admirable, either way. He'd be a good match for her, I think."

Provided he could keep up, anyway. Earthlings could get plenty strong--his father was proof enough of that--but most simply didn't have the sustained drive and determination to reach those heights. Jack, he felt, was one of those few, but he could be wrong.

"...but she definitely prefers females, I can tell. She even propositioned Karine..." He paused and then added with some annoyance. "...right in front of me. Karine and I weren't m-ma... together then, so it doesn't really bother me... much. Can't really fault her tastes, in any case.

Maiz could only shake her head with second-hand embarrassment. She could only imagine what onlookers were thinking when they beheld these three... nerds making complete fools out of themselves. At least Pinach and Rutaba were children, so that was to be expected; Totoma was nearly grown, if he wasn't full grown already.

Oh, well. She didn't have the heart to judge him too harshly.

When he exercised his hidden power, however, she was shaken. He was more powerful than all three of them put together. He was even stronger than Mato!

Her mouth opened to say something, anything, but all that came out was a soft shudder.

The two young Saiyans, for their parts, sensed the rise in power also -- Maiz had taught them both how to sense ki when they were younger. Slack-jawed and wide-eyed, they stared in sheer amazement at The Just Saiyan. His power, his presentation, his pose; he was the greatest hero they had ever seen! Without a doubt, he was holding himself back so he could fight fairly with the other competitors.

"Wow," Rutaba whispered in awe. "See, I told you he was holding back! He's so nice!"

"Whoa! How'd you get so strong?" Pinach asked eagerly.

"Can we be as strong as you when we grow up?" his cousin asked after him, just as excited.

When he commended their heroism, they both blushed bright red. "Aw, it's nothing like what you do, Just Saiyan," Pinach deflected shyly. "We just want to do the right thing, and no one really cares about the people in the Meat Market."

"So, we took it upon ourselves to give them hope and something to believe in, just like you do here on Earth." Rutaba reached into her tunic and pulled out a well-worn comic book. Totoma would recognize his appearance on the cover. "See? When we read this, we just knew that we wanted to be superheroes just like you."

"Yeah. We and our friends all think you're the greatest!"

In the distance, Maiz smiled softly. For as much as those two got on her nerves with their hero talk, watching them interact with their biggest idol was... touching and heart-warming. And to think that there were dozen of Saiyan children just like them on Vocado; the future was truly bright.
    Totoma smiled as the two got excited and began asking questions. They reminded him of himself at that age, but more pure, without all the hatred and pain he'd bottled up inside of himself even back then. Yeah, he knew it now...

...if he'd met these two--as well as their caretaker, Maiz--as he was before, prior to Kami's 'fix', it would have been enough to almost completely douse his hatred of saiyans. That hatred had been the main thing preventing him from working through his problems--after all, it applied to himself as well--and with it gone... he could have sorted himself out, even without leaving the group.

Doing what he did... he regretted it now, but there was no taking it back. Okay,, he could probably develop a mental technique to completely reverse what had been done, but doing so would be like spitting in Evangeline's face. And he'd already done that with his antics during the first mental training.

Finally, after a bit of thought, he decided to answer the questions.

"Indeed! Why, it would be no fun, for myself or the good folks watching this tournament, if I simply unleashed my full power and won effortlessly. And so, I shall limit myself for the sake of giving the spectators and the warriors participating in this tournament an entertaining fight! If I should win, then splendid! The prize money will be given to charity. If I should lose, then I can learn from that loss and figure out areas I need to improve in when fighting against foes as strong or stronger than me!"

The next question... how he'd gotten so strong. "Hm. Have you perhaps heard of Tasure, the Diamond in the Rough? She was my mother, as well as my mentor. I was not born on Vacado--though I did visit a number of times--but instead here on Earth, and in this relaxed environment, under her watchful eye and guidance, my power blossomed."

"The first bit of advice I can give is one you are almost certainly aware of. Eat right, train hard, and rest well. Food provides the energy to run and the material to build and rebuild your body after you train... and the rest, of course, gives your body the time to actually do this! And the training... hmhm, well I do believe it should be obvious why one must train hard to become strong!"

True, some individual were simply born powerful--Arcosians were one such race that tended to possess absurdly high levels of power from birth--but most people needed to work hard to learn how to use their ki and draw out their latent potential. Some had it easier than others, of course, but hard work would always overcome talent alone.

Totoma thought for a moment. "Next, you must find two things. A knowledgeable mentor and, just as important, a rival! A mentor to teach you, and a friendly rival with whom you can compete, with no hard feelings. And, when the going gets tough, they may serve as a strong ally to call on, for who can say they wish to lose a friendly rival to battle? A strong rival will drive you to ever-greater heights, and in turn, you will do the same for them!"

Sparring was of course part of the deal. Actual fighting experience was, of course, the best way to gain power, especially for Saiyans, but sparring was far safer and almost as effective. He couldn't, in good conscience, tell two young Saiyans to go put themselves in danger, after all.

"And finally," Began Totoma. This next one... came from Ochazuke, and it was not a lesson he'd been able to put into practice. And yet, the truth of it was undeniable. "...a hollow fist will shatter when it meets something of substance. You must find your will--something to pursue or fight for, to ignite your spirit--and let it fill you, drive you, because while raw power can take you far... in a fight between equals, it is will and skill that will win the day."

He knew this first hand. Back then, he had lacked will, and because of that... his mother had died and he'd endured ten years of hell. "No matter if you stumble, no matter what obstacles you face... if you have this iron-clad will to pursue your dreams and ambitions, so long as you draw breath, you will stand up again and continue that pursuit. Ask yourself..."

"You must determine what you truly fight for. Cast aside what is superfluous, and ascertain what cannot be discarded. If you do these things, then your spirit--your will--shall strengthen, and with it, your power."

He paused, then added. "If you work hard and strive to improve yourselves, you will get certainly get stronger. Stronger than Mato, stronger than me right now, and perhaps even stronger than Vocado himself. A saiyan's only limits are those they place on themselves!"

Seeing the comic book, Totoma smiled again. From but a single fictionalized account of him, they--and other--had been inspired. He was truly touched. He... might have some things to add to their collection. "I do believe I remember that. Issue #1! Hmhm, let us see..."

He rummaged around in his capsules and then, finally, found the one he was looking for. He pushed the button, threw it, and out popped... a lot of Just Saiyan merchandise, including the comic series, anime series and serialized movies, from the Death Zone all the way to Revival 'C'. "Aha, I was certain I had it, and I was not mistaken, it would seem!"

Recapsuling the treasure trove of superhero memorobilia, he handed it to the children. "Everything you need should be in that capsule, though I shall warn you... the eleventh movie, Bio-Brocado, is... worth watching only for the sake of completeness! The others, however, are quite worth the watch!"

Well, Brocado-Second Coming was worse than Brocado, the Legendary Super Saiyan, but... still watchable compared to Bio-Brocado. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking with movie eleven?

...and what the hell sort of name was Brocado for a Saiyan!? It's like someone took two respectable Saiyan names, like... Broly and Vocado and mashed them together! Ah well, whatever...

"Now then, pay close attention to this tournament, and not just to me! Earthlings may be weak compared to us Saiyans, but they make up for it in technical skill and clever techniques! For refining one's skill and learning advanced techniques, I dare say that the only place that compares is Nevada!"
    Last edited by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki; 04-10-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

"Yeah, I'd say she reciprocates that intention."

Progress for the better? A curious statement, but one he -- annoyingly -- didn't elaborate on. Ishtar likely would later, but still. She could have asked, but that wasn't his business to tell. And she would rather here it from her, in that case.

"Not much, to be honest," she replied. "She told me that you two had a falling out some time ago. She didn't tell me why. She also found the grimoire you left on with Eva on the Lookout." She paused for a moment, mostly to clear out the container of nachos, then toss it in a nearby trash bin. "So, I would like to know why you two fell out of favor with each other. I mean, I can ask her, but I'd like you version while I have you here."
    "Hm .. that itself is a curiosity, but I will leave that for her should you successfully consummate the er ... union." Zurvan said, clearing its throat seemingly embarrassed at the notion of speaking of Ishtar so.

Though it came as little surprise that the Oni had not revealed much. Many possibles, no definite truths; as she was taught. Eva, no doubt the Kami, offering over the book it had left was also a boon. The matter of the Sij would at least understood now, perhaps in some small capacity what is to come, also. Though, somewhat interestingly, what Sarada seemed wished to know was fairly innocent:

Why the two had parted ...

After a moment of considering what was asked, Zurvan nodded. It could answer that.

"Fell out of favor is perhaps polite. Yet I must start at the beginning. When first we met, I saw her timeline..." The Aspect said then to start.

"That she would live, and love, and inevitably die as all you mortals are wont to ... and yet I also glimpsed in her a deviation. A flickering moment where another path lay before her, and I saw what would happen should that thread be pulled." It said then, pausing a moment before continuing on, slowly. "Despite myself, I was compelled to pull ... and so I took her from Otherworld and raised her as my own. Taught her in ways long dead, in a language dead far longer. And at first it was a ... profound curiosity that guided my hand. I wished to see the deviation fulfilled.

That drive however, changed over time. Ishtar came to be more to me than a curiosity ... she became a child. It was too late however," the Aspect continued, shaking its head. "Yet her path continued on, carried by those stubborn feet of hers ... and in time she fell in love."

Zurvan sighed.

"What transpired in full is not mine to tell, child; they way it ended however ... what it did to her."

Pausing then, the feelings this retelling engendered in the mortal body Zurvan had taken for itself rising to the fore now at the remembrance; Zurvan slipped into an awkward silence for several moments before sighing again, shakily.

"I gave her time; yet she wished her training resumed. Though things were different then, and over time it became obvious that I could not bring myself to see what first I saw to come to pass .. and so when it came time to progress, I revealed the truth of things. That in a small way I was responsible for what had transpired ... she did not take to the revelation well ...

Ishtar attempted to kill me briefly, but the rage did not last long ... and in the end she simply left without another word. I have not seen her face to face, since." Slipping into a silence once more, allowing Sarada time to digest the information, the Aspect glanced back at her pensively.

"Forgive me. It has been an eon or two since I have experienced the totality of .. mortal emotion."

A moment passed again in awkward silence before the Aspect asked:

"What more would you know of me, Sarada ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "I am a shapeshifter." Zurvan responded with a slight nod in Zaofan's direction. "This body is squishy, perhaps; but it is far easier to maintain. Also, I am rather enjoying eating again. If you wish I could change into something closer to my true self ?"

"I do believe the Cookman is about to have a ... myocardial infarction. I believe that is what it is called, yes."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 04-10-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Rear Guard

The shot glances off of the sloped armor of the APC, but hits with enough shock to carry it off its wheels in its retreat. A sparking energy reveals it does maintain a repulsor field, but the vehicle relies mostly on its armour.

OOC: Don't forget about Sasheem's friendly fire incident

The soldier crippled by Sasheem shakily raises his gun and fires an incendiary grenade at Chou, buying a moment for his counterpart to escape and fall back under the covering fire of the soldier Chou had previously kicked away. The telekinesis falls upon the fallen soldier who seizes, then goes still, red pooling from the joints of his compromised armour.

The ki blast strikes the side of the APC and penetrates its hull.

Curiously, no soldiers exit it in light of the fire. In fact, there appear to be no doors on the armour plated car, either.
    Sasheem sees his blast strike the APC and now the robot has attacked it as well. Sasheem saw how the robot had robbed the machine of its power, but the Majin wasn't sure it wasn't still a threat...especially since it had no humans inside, piloting it.

Sasheem approached the vehicle, shooting ki blasts at the thing as he approached it from its back. From there, assuming he manages this, he would attempt to grab the treads, and bulking up to his larger form he began to lift the vehicle up into the air.

"UoooooooAAAAHHHH!" He began to shout as he pivoted around with he toilet, rotating around whilst holding the tank and slowly picking up speed with each round he made, his moves becoming more of a blur until he resembled a small tornado.

With a sudden motion he tossed the APC in the air, towards the nearest structure he could see, with a few ki blasts tailing it to ensure it'd make a nice kaboom once it hit it's destination.

Default Asst. GM: Kenshiko

Between Chou's meteoric fall above and Koorimaru's Void Tunnel release beside it, the second tank's repulsor field falls under the pincer attack and it is utterly immolated, taking with it the accompanying squadron from the accelerated, burning flash at the epicentre of the engine's explosion.

One infantryman from the squad that engaged Chou and Sasheem saw Basaara twist one of his partners into a wreck. He miraculously survives thanks to Chou's injuries and the remnants of his armor's field, only to see Adam bore through the vehicle and steal its gun and the Majin lift the armoured car contemptuously and sends it flying. With no other option left, he falls back to base hailing his calling frequency.

"Top, do you read me?" he calls out, his voice audible after Chou destroyed his helmet, "Bravo Team is down! Alpha team, falling back! Let the Asset handle it!"

Command Team and Assault Team have consolidated their forces

The APC, meanwhile, splits open upon Sasheem's strike, weathered by the damage it had sustained before, splits apart to reveal their next opponent.

mgQZvkx.jpg

The explosion from the fallen carrier behind it bathes its crimson frame in shadow as it powers on. A shield array lifts off of its back hovering under the force of a plasma tether; in its left hand a short-barreled blaster rifle, in its right a shield bearing the axe-head insignia of the Red Raiders.

Held

Departing on his advance, he is currently positioned halfway between the Raider base and the Battle Line behind him.

Team Recon

Shiro and Etrina remain undetected for now.

Meagan gets the distinct impression that she is being watched. She hears the echo of radio chatter some distance behind her; the same message broadcast from the battlefield outside the base.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

An announcement comes over the PA system at the Tournament.

“Attention all fighters. The top 100 are on the board. Once you are identified, head to the main pavilion and collect your tracking device. The tournament will begin within half an hour.”

Looking at the board, Battersea and Willa have the top two spots. Everyone from the Lookout did make it in.

Ochazuke would notice that Chris the Knife is not on the list.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Damask scans the area, guarding the vault, and suddenly stops. The scanner beeps, and suddenly it is upon Etrina and Shiro, fists raised to smash.

Meagan is still undetected.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Adam sizes up this other machine. A fixed form, and Adam had glut itself on the energy of the soldier's weapons. He transmits to the others, "See to Koorimaru, I will deal with this inferior machine." It morphs to a quadrupedal form and runs forward, then dives into the ground itself, burrowing towards the mecha. "Sasheem, if you do not destroy this giant robot, I will make sure you never eat again."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Team Recon

Shiro and Etrina remain undetected for now.

Meagan gets the distinct impression that she is being watched. She hears the echo of radio chatter some distance behind her; the same message broadcast from the battlefield outside the base.
    Shiro sighed as she moved around the bunker, looking for a way into the base after scratching off the front door due to the giant golem. Her eyes carefully studied every inch of the building as she moved around it in search of a way in while keeping watch on the various patrols.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Asha’rah’s distraction works, the giant version of her keeping Kevi busy long enough for them to get Eva into the guardian room.

Almost instantly, her body begins glowing as does Ronin Kai’s. He gestures suddenly for Asha’rah and Nunlil to leave.

“Leave, now. Support Ishtar. I can fix what has been done to Eva, but I need time.”

It is Kai speaking, but he is not looking at them. He TK glides to Eva and the two suddenly glow brighter.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Damask scans the area, guarding the vault, and suddenly stops. The scanner beeps, and suddenly it is upon Etrina and Shiro, fists raised to smash.

Meagan is still undetected.
    "... Dammit." Shiro muttered as she threw her hands up, creating a barrier between herself and the massive fist as she moved backward, allowing her invisibility to end since it was obviously useless.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "... Dammit." Shiro muttered as she threw her hands up, creating a barrier between herself and the massive fist as she moved backward, allowing her invisibility to end since it was obviously useless.
    Her barrier nearly shatters under the blow. One more and it will.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    A blue-white aura, with flecks of gold, flared into existence around him, erupting into the sky, and for those brief few seconds, those around him that could sense such things felt an intense ki that was multiple times more powerful than even Maiz, Pinach, and Rutaba.

...combined.
    Ochazuke, seated outside the concession having purchased a small meal of sauced chicken and tea, remained mindful between slow, small bites of the dish of the shifting bodies around the tournament grounds, when an all to familiar spike of energy made itself known. As much a momentary pulse of overwhelming pressure as it was a burst of spiritual confetti, he lift his tea to his lips, blew, and gave Totoma a short reminder.

"We're not here to make a spectacle. Many eyes will be on you, now. Be ready."

Still, he could not help but render a small smile. After the hell Totoma had gone through over the last few days, at last the boy was no longer hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    An announcement comes over the PA system at the Tournament.

“Attention all fighters. The top 100 are on the board. Once you are identified, head to the main pavilion and collect your tracking device. The tournament will begin within half an hour.”

Looking at the board, Battersea and Willa have the top two spots. Everyone from the Lookout did make it in.

Ochazuke would notice that Chris the Knife is not on the list.
    No 'Chris', or any choice words drawing allusions to his weapon of choice. Even though his name would be lost in the shuffle - his superior was but one of many 'Willas' after all - the Assassin's game was afoot in a subtler way.

Then the facts loomed over him. Assassins despite what calling cards they may have, have little use for the spotlight.

While we're out there, the Knife will make his move...

Mired by obstacles, cut off from their support, they were now on their own. Ochazuke faced the peril of the situation and grit his teeth.

"Pantaloon, watch your back," he hailed over the communicator, "the Knife is unaccounted for."

Ochazuke finished his food and hailed the rest of the team.

"It's time. You know what to do," he said.