Page 548 of 661 FirstFirst ... 48448498538544545546547548549550551552558598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The pun from Kevi produced a groan out of Ishtar; and with a shake of her head the Oni fired a bolt of lightning towards the Witch of the Moon.
    OT: think this was missed

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Asha’rah’s distraction works, the giant version of her keeping Kevi busy long enough for them to get Eva into the guardian room.

Almost instantly, her body begins glowing as does Ronin Kai’s. He gestures suddenly for Asha’rah and Nunlil to leave.

“Leave, now. Support Ishtar. I can fix what has been done to Eva, but I need time.”

It is Kai speaking, but he is not looking at them. He TK glides to Eva and the two suddenly glow brighter.
    While Kevi is distracted, Ishtar closes the distance and does what she can to force the Witch onto the defense, golden Ki engulfing her fists as the Oni swings at the woman.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Her barrier nearly shatters under the blow. One more and it will.
    Shiro added a second and third barrier behind the first as she contemplated just turning and running. She quickly nixed the idea, as that would merely give her back to the opponent. But what to do.

An announcement comes over the PA system at the Tournament.

“Attention all fighters. The top 100 are on the board. Once you are identified, head to the main pavilion and collect your tracking device. The tournament will begin within half an hour.”

Looking at the board, Battersea and Willa have the top two spots. Everyone from the Lookout did make it in.

Ochazuke would notice that Chris the Knife is not on the list.
    Midori looked at her name on the list with a grin, before it vanished as she scanned it in search of both Kuro, the name she'd heard Dr. Korogi call his monster, and Sonomaru, the protege of a famous tournament fight. The former to know if she'd have to worry about it, and the latter because she was curious about how he'd stack up against her.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

OT: think this was missed

While Kevi is distracted, Ishtar closes the distance and does what she can to force the Witch onto the defense, golden Ki engulfing her fists as the Oni swings at the woman.
    The lightning had no effect, but the fists do. The first blow staggers the witch, though the second is blocked. She retaliates and a claw rakes across Ishtar’s stomach.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: Since Meagan is invisible, the only way Etrina could see the blood is as a trail behind her as she moves. But since the color of the blood is not the same as a human, it would be pretty distinctive.

Taking cover, Meagan goes visible again, then swears under her breath as she reached up to her ear. The ear was still attached but not by much, and it was bleeding more than it should be. While holding it to her head, she willed her magic cloak to wrap around her head tightly, like a turban. It was imperfect and she knew she would need a healer, but at least it should stem the bleeding and hopefully save her ear.

Unfortunately the injury caused her comm to fall out, leaving her with no way to get in touch with anyone else. One thing she also realized was that invisibility was no longer an advantage. Not if someone or something could see through it. But she had other tricks up her sleeve.
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Team Recon

Shiro and Etrina remain undetected for now.

Meagan gets the distinct impression that she is being watched. She hears the echo of radio chatter some distance behind her; the same message broadcast from the battlefield outside the base.

Damask scans the area, guarding the vault, and suddenly stops. The scanner beeps, and suddenly it is upon Etrina and Shiro, fists raised to smash.

Meagan is still undetected.
    Taking to the air, Meagan aims a powerful blast, at Damask aiming also at the scanner he was using. Destroying it, she buys Shiro and Etrina some time to escape as she faces off against the monster.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-10-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Were any of them male? Well, she clearly preferred females, but there was Jack and... maybe Zaofan? The former Totoma was sure she had some interest in mating with, but the latter... could just be teasing. Then again, his father had charmed his way into his mother's... battle armor... in part due to his supreme cooking skill, so who knew?

Totoma nodded. "Yeah, there's one guy she seems interested in. He's a bit rough around the edges--kinda Saiyan-like, but not as aggressive--but I think he's a good guy deep down... or is working towards that, in any case. Admirable, either way. He'd be a good match for her, I think."

Provided he could keep up, anyway. Earthlings could get plenty strong--his father was proof enough of that--but most simply didn't have the sustained drive and determination to reach those heights. Jack, he felt, was one of those few, but he could be wrong.

"...but she definitely prefers females, I can tell. She even propositioned Karine..." He paused and then added with some annoyance. "...right in front of me. Karine and I weren't m-ma... together then, so it doesn't really bother me... much. Can't really fault her tastes, in any case.
    Maiz looked genuinely, truly shocked when Totoma told her that one of the ones Sarada wanted to mate with was male. She thought for sure that she would never... not with a man. Maybe things had changed, but a few weeks wasn't enough time. And to hear that the man in question was similar to a Saiyan...

No, this didn't make any sense.

She would need to ask Sarada herself to know what had happened between their last conversation and now, and how she was even considering mating with a man. Time healed all wounds, but...

"I see," she answered, still somewhat perplexed. "That's a surprise, but I suppose it's to be expected. Teenage hormones and all. To hear she prefers women is more in line with what I thought you'd say." That was all she decided to say on the matter. It wasn't her business to tell, and the girl would kill her -- or rather try valiantly -- if she even hinted at what happened.

The next question... how he'd gotten so strong. "Hm. Have you perhaps heard of Tasure, the Diamond in the Rough? She was my mother, as well as my mentor. I was not born on Vacado--though I did visit a number of times--but instead here on Earth, and in this relaxed environment, under her watchful eye and guidance, my power blossomed."

"The first bit of advice I can give is one you are almost certainly aware of. Eat right, train hard, and rest well. Food provides the energy to run and the material to build and rebuild your body after you train... and the rest, of course, gives your body the time to actually do this! And the training... hmhm, well I do believe it should be obvious why one must train hard to become strong!"

True, some individual were simply born powerful--Arcosians were one such race that tended to possess absurdly high levels of power from birth--but most people needed to work hard to learn how to use their ki and draw out their latent potential. Some had it easier than others, of course, but hard work would always overcome talent alone.

Totoma thought for a moment. "Next, you must find two things. A knowledgeable mentor and, just as important, a rival! A mentor to teach you, and a friendly rival with whom you can compete, with no hard feelings. And, when the going gets tough, they may serve as a strong ally to call on, for who can say they wish to lose a friendly rival to battle? A strong rival will drive you to ever-greater heights, and in turn, you will do the same for them!"

Sparring was of course part of the deal. Actual fighting experience was, of course, the best way to gain power, especially for Saiyans, but sparring was far safer and almost as effective. He couldn't, in good conscience, tell two young Saiyans to go put themselves in danger, after all.

"And finally," Began Totoma. This next one... came from Ochazuke, and it was not a lesson he'd been able to put into practice. And yet, the truth of it was undeniable. "...a hollow fist will shatter when it meets something of substance. You must find your will--something to pursue or fight for, to ignite your spirit--and let it fill you, drive you, because while raw power can take you far... in a fight between equals, it is will and skill that will win the day."

He knew this first hand. Back then, he had lacked will, and because of that... his mother had died and he'd endured ten years of hell. "No matter if you stumble, no matter what obstacles you face... if you have this iron-clad will to pursue your dreams and ambitions, so long as you draw breath, you will stand up again and continue that pursuit. Ask yourself..."

"You must determine what you truly fight for. Cast aside what is superfluous, and ascertain what cannot be discarded. If you do these things, then your spirit--your will--shall strengthen, and with it, your power."

He paused, then added. "If you work hard and strive to improve yourselves, you will get certainly get stronger. Stronger than Mato, stronger than me right now, and perhaps even stronger than Vocado himself. A saiyan's only limits are those they place on themselves!"

Seeing the comic book, Totoma smiled again. From but a single fictionalized account of him, they--and other--had been inspired. He was truly touched. He... might have some things to add to their collection. "I do believe I remember that. Issue #1! Hmhm, let us see..."

He rummaged around in his capsules and then, finally, found the one he was looking for. He pushed the button, threw it, and out popped... a lot of Just Saiyan merchandise, including the comic series, anime series and serialized movies, from the Death Zone all the way to Revival 'C'. "Aha, I was certain I had it, and I was not mistaken, it would seem!"

Recapsuling the treasure trove of superhero memorobilia, he handed it to the children. "Everything you need should be in that capsule, though I shall warn you... the eleventh movie, Bio-Brocado, is... worth watching only for the sake of completeness! The others, however, are quite worth the watch!"

Well, Brocado-Second Coming was worse than Brocado, the Legendary Super Saiyan, but... still watchable compared to Bio-Brocado. Seriously, what the hell were they thinking with movie eleven?

...and what the hell sort of name was Brocado for a Saiyan!? It's like someone took two respectable Saiyan names, like... Broly and Vocado and mashed them together! Ah well, whatever...

"Now then, pay close attention to this tournament, and not just to me! Earthlings may be weak compared to us Saiyans, but they make up for it in technical skill and clever techniques! For refining one's skill and learning advanced techniques, I dare say that the only place that compares is Nevada!"
    There was quite a bit to parse through, far more than their young brains could keep up with. Luckily, Maiz made them bring recording devices for the tournament. They hastily pulled those out and pressed record when he started speaking.

Find a rival, easy. They supposed that they could use each other, since there was already a rivalry budding between the two cousins. If that was no good, then there were plenty of young Saiyans their age and power range to choose from. Once Pinach started his training later this year, then he would naturally find someone who pushed him to new heights by means of competition. Rutaba would be the same once she began her own training in two years.

A knowledgeable mentor? Maiz was right there, so that was done already. She knew more than both of them combined -- not a hard feat to accomplish, to be fair -- and had a wealth of experience gained over 95 years of life. Once they got older, they could and would pick her brain about everything they could think of. They already knew that she would answer anything question they had.

Something to fight for? They supposed that they already had something to fight for -- justice, and helping people who couldn't help themselves! There were plenty of those in the Meat Market, and they had done so much good already. The looks of gratitude on the faces of those they saved drove them to keep doing it, but maybe not to get stronger. Hm. Well, what else was there? They looked at each other, thinking the same thing and coming to the same empty conclusion. Neither knew.

It was probably one of those things they'd know when they got older.

"Wow, we can be stronger than a Super Saiyan?" Pinach wondered when told they could even surpass the legendary Vocado, who freed the Saiyan race thousands of years ago. His assumed power level had never even been approached, much less surpassed. "Yeah, let's do it, Rutaba! Let's become Super Saiyans!"

"Yeah! I bet we'd look so cool with yellow hair!" She giggled as she imagined herself all glowing and yellow with Super Saiyan power.

With his advice complete, they saved the recordings -- though it wasn't necessary for them both to record the same thing at the same time -- and put their recorders away. They then watched him pull out a capsule and open it, revealing a mountain of Just Saiyan merchandise. "Oowaaah!" It was like Vocado Day with a ton of presents under the tree. They wanted to dive into the pile and look through all the stuff right away, but he recapsuled everything. When he handed it to them, they held it tightly, as if their very lives depended on that little capsule not getting lost. "Thank you so much, Just Saiyan!!!" they cheered at the same time.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Between Chou's meteoric fall above and Koorimaru's Void Tunnel release beside it, the second tank's repulsor field falls under the pincer attack and it is utterly immolated, taking with it the accompanying squadron from the accelerated, burning flash at the epicentre of the engine's explosion.

One infantryman from the squad that engaged Chou and Sasheem saw Basaara twist one of his partners into a wreck. He miraculously survives thanks to Chou's injuries and the remnants of his armor's field, only to see Adam bore through the vehicle and steal its gun and the Majin lift the armoured car contemptuously and sends it flying. With no other option left, he falls back to base hailing his calling frequency.

"Top, do you read me?" he calls out, his voice audible after Chou destroyed his helmet, "Bravo Team is down! Alpha team, falling back! Let the Asset handle it!"

Command Team and Assault Team have consolidated their forces

The APC, meanwhile, splits open upon Sasheem's strike, weathered by the damage it had sustained before, splits apart to reveal their next opponent.

Attachment 64458

The explosion from the fallen carrier behind it bathes its crimson frame in shadow as it powers on. A shield array lifts off of its back hovering under the force of a plasma tether; in its left hand a short-barreled blaster rifle, in its right a shield bearing the axe-head insignia of the Red Raiders.
    "Oh! Gunplapla!" Sasheem exclaimed for a second as a metal man had emerged from the carrier. Sasheem didn't know what it was, but he thought it was way cooler than the metal people they had. This one looked menacing and had weapons! It was like a giant action figure! Sasheem wondered if it smashed apart like one too!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam sizes up this other machine. A fixed form, and Adam had glut itself on the energy of the soldier's weapons. He transmits to the others, "See to Koorimaru, I will deal with this inferior machine." It morphs to a quadrupedal form and runs forward, then dives into the ground itself, burrowing towards the mecha. "Sasheem, if you do not destroy this giant robot, I will make sure you never eat again."
    "Bah...stoo..pid...can," Sasheem retorted, stretching his arms and rolling his shoulder. Acting as if it had the power to take away food from him anyway. The Majin's first actions were to power up, activate Naga Palm and phase his hands through the ground. From there he fired off multiple ki blasts in different directions with the aim of detonating more of those bizarre metal pancakes (mines) and setting them off. Partially as a warm up and partially to enact more chaos.

The Majin smiled however as one of the blasts strayed upward from the ground, towards the red enemy robot.

"Hm .. that itself is a curiosity, but I will leave that for her should you successfully consummate the er ... union." Zurvan said, clearing its throat seemingly embarrassed at the notion of speaking of Ishtar so.

Though it came as little surprise that the Oni had not revealed much. Many possibles, no definite truths; as she was taught. Eva, no doubt the Kami, offering over the book it had left was also a boon. The matter of the Sij would at least understood now, perhaps in some small capacity what is to come, also. Though, somewhat interestingly, what Sarada seemed wished to know was fairly innocent:

Why the two had parted ...

After a moment of considering what was asked, Zurvan nodded. It could answer that.

"Fell out of favor is perhaps polite. Yet I must start at the beginning. When first we met, I saw her timeline..." The Aspect said then to start.

"That she would live, and love, and inevitably die as all you mortals are wont to ... and yet I also glimpsed in her a deviation. A flickering moment where another path lay before her, and I saw what would happen should that thread be pulled." It said then, pausing a moment before continuing on, slowly. "Despite myself, I was compelled to pull ... and so I took her from Otherworld and raised her as my own. Taught her in ways long dead, in a language dead far longer. And at first it was a ... profound curiosity that guided my hand. I wished to see the deviation fulfilled.

That drive however, changed over time. Ishtar came to be more to me than a curiosity ... she became a child. It was too late however," the Aspect continued, shaking its head. "Yet her path continued on, carried by those stubborn feet of hers ... and in time she fell in love."

Zurvan sighed.

"What transpired in full is not mine to tell, child; they way it ended however ... what it did to her."

Pausing then, the feelings this retelling engendered in the mortal body Zurvan had taken for itself rising to the fore now at the remembrance; Zurvan slipped into an awkward silence for several moments before sighing again, shakily.

"I gave her time; yet she wished her training resumed. Though things were different then, and over time it became obvious that I could not bring myself to see what first I saw to come to pass .. and so when it came time to progress, I revealed the truth of things. That in a small way I was responsible for what had transpired ... she did not take to the revelation well ...

Ishtar attempted to kill me briefly, but the rage did not last long ... and in the end she simply left without another word. I have not seen her face to face, since." Slipping into a silence once more, allowing Sarada time to digest the information, the Aspect glanced back at her pensively.

"Forgive me. It has been an eon or two since I have experienced the totality of .. mortal emotion."

A moment passed again in awkward silence before the Aspect asked:

"What more would you know of me, Sarada ?"
    So, he did the same thing Eva did and played with Ishtar's fate. Only Zurvan wasn't immediately upfront about it; only after... something happened and their training resumed after that something did he see the need to come clean.

While she could appreciate not being able to resist the temptation to see a person travel a different path than the one they were preordained to walk, to manipulate them into doing so was wrong. Sarada couldn't see the benefit of forcing someone to walk a particular life course without their knowledge. It reminded her of when Eva plucked that young girl's strings during her demonstration of her powers a few days ago. Sure, the girl's new life was one that would lead to a more fulfilling and satisfying -- not to mention beneficial -- journey; but it wasn't the life the girl would have chosen without outside interference. In the end, both cases were examples of higher powers abusing said power for little benefit other than to sate their curiosity or to show off their power.

She listened quietly until he was done speaking. The story was incomplete; Ishtar would have to fill in the rest. She committed everything he said to memory, then nodded. "I see. I... want to say I would have tried to kill you, but I don't think I would have. I would have been pissed you weren't upfront from the beginning, but not that you tampered with my life. I guess it depends on the life you stole from me."

Eva stole a life of misery, pain, sorrow, and repeated abuse in the Meat Market from her; for that, she would be eternally grateful. She didn't know what kind of life Ishtar was slated to live originally; she supposed she would have to ask her that later.

“Attention all fighters. The top 100 are on the board. Once you are identified, head to the main pavilion and collect your tracking device. The tournament will begin within half an hour.”

Looking at the board, Battersea and Willa have the top two spots. Everyone from the Lookout did make it in.

It was nearly time. "Sorry, but we'll have to take a rain check. It's almost time for the tournament to start, and I have one more person I need to speak with before I go." She saluted Zurvan the same way she did Balon and bowed her head. "It was nice meeting you, Zurvan. I'll tell Ishtar I met you and that we had an informative conversation."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The lightning had no effect, but the fists do. The first blow staggers the witch, though the second is blocked. She retaliates and a claw rakes across Ishtar’s stomach.
    Blood dripping down from the wounds opened by Kevi, Ishtar presses on regardless; attempting to force the Witch up against a nearby tree before punching her through it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Well, blue, for one," Sarada answered with a smirk. "And horny."

As she spoke with Zurvan, she glanced over and noticed Zaofan looking rather dazed. She quirked an eyebrow and delivered a sharp elbow to his ribs. "Hey, you alright there?" she asked.
    "Hm .. that itself is a curiosity, but I will leave that for her should you successfully consummate the er ... union." Zurvan said, clearing its throat seemingly embarrassed at the notion of speaking of Ishtar so.
    No response to Sarada, or to anyone. None whatsoever. Zaofan was stiff as a carrot. The entirety of him, that is. For the second time today, he was completely paralyzed, albeit in a different manner.

"I am a shapeshifter." Zurvan responded with a slight nod in Zaofan's direction. "This body is squishy, perhaps; but it is far easier to maintain. Also, I am rather enjoying eating again. If you wish I could change into something closer to my true self ?"

"I do believe the Cookman is about to have a ... myocardial infarction. I believe that is what it is called, yes."
    Finally, shaking his head vigorously, Zaofan came back to attention. "Oh, I'm sorry there. My mind had... wandered... a bit." Zaofan then draped his cape over his shoulders to cover the front side of his body.

"Please, I suppose you can... assume... whatever shape you'd like. Far be it from me to tell a shapeshifter what shape to shift into. My name is Zaofan."

Zaofan could breathe easy again, no longer having to be both a third (fourth? No, fifth?) wheel and having to deal with awkward pleasantries. "Oh thank god," he whispered. He then spoke to the others, "Come on, it's time.

Ochazuke finished his food and hailed the rest of the team.
    The team of Ochazuke, Chuan, Zaofan, Erosa, Karine, Totoma, Slak, Jack, Sarada, Midori, and Charco assembled one more time, seizing up the competition, before following the plan to split their numbers in half. They assessed the other 89 fighters, including their primary targets. This is what they had trained for.

Zaofan then eyed Marron Balon in the commentator booth, as well as referee Samson Balon. Whispering to the communicator, Zaofan quietly spoke, "Alright, team. Sarada and I found out that the pouch on Battersea's left side contains the Jade Dragon. If we get the dragon, we get Balon's support and then the Dragon Ball. Remember not to engage Battersea solo, but according to Chef Brutus, Battersea fights worse when he loses his temper. If you must fight him, do not fight him while he's calm. Antagonize and distract him so that he can't focus his mind in battle. Keep your wits about you."

Zaofan then unfastened his weighted cape, and threw it to the benches. His legs felt more energized, stronger and more forceful. Zaofan lightly hopped in place a few times to stretch his muscles as warm-up. "Let's do this."
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-10-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Default Asst. GM: Kenshiko

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Adam sizes up this other machine. A fixed form, and Adam had glut itself on the energy of the soldier's weapons. He transmits to the others, "See to Koorimaru, I will deal with this inferior machine." It morphs to a quadrupedal form and runs forward, then dives into the ground itself, burrowing towards the mecha. "Sasheem, if you do not destroy this giant robot, I will make sure you never eat again."
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Oh! Gunplapla!" Sasheem exclaimed for a second as a metal man had emerged from the carrier. Sasheem didn't know what it was, but he thought it was way cooler than the metal people they had. This one looked menacing and had weapons! It was like a giant action figure! Sasheem wondered if it smashed apart like one too!

"Bah...stoo..pid...can," Sasheem retorted, stretching his arms and rolling his shoulder. Acting as if it had the power to take away food from him anyway. The Majin's first actions were to power up, activate Naga Palm and phase his hands through the ground. From there he fired off multiple ki blasts in different directions with the aim of detonating more of those bizarre metal pancakes (mines) and setting them off. Partially as a warm up and partially to enact more chaos.

The Majin smiled however as one of the blasts strayed upward from the ground, towards the red enemy robot.
    The mines in the earth detonate and ki blast shoots upward on the mech's frame, fizzling out on contact, thought it is pushed upward.

The mech points its cannon to the ground and fires a plasma shot, the ray searing through the Earth where Sasheem's limbs fell and Adam burrowed, following with a riotous explosion.

The plasma array on the mechs back whir and fan out, charging energy into its super structure as it ascends from the ground.

Nunlil offered Asha'rah a nod, before handing over the young Guardian.

"Her power was siphoned away by that Witch of the Moon. It seems strange she should be unconscious this long considering the rate at which she recovered not three days ago. Perhaps the room will be of some help."
    Asha’rah’s distraction works, the giant version of her keeping Kevi busy long enough for them to get Eva into the guardian room.

Almost instantly, her body begins glowing as does Ronin Kai’s. He gestures suddenly for Asha’rah and Nunlil to leave.

“Leave, now. Support Ishtar. I can fix what has been done to Eva, but I need time.”

It is Kai speaking, but he is not looking at them. He TK glides to Eva and the two suddenly glow brighter.
    Blood dripping down from the wounds opened by Kevi, Ishtar presses on regardless; attempting to force the Witch up against a nearby tree before punching her through it.

Asha'rah accepted Evangeline's body with both arms, her metal fingers clinking softly against the guardian's metallic parts. Then she sped to the Guardian Room, the core within the core of a Kami's power. If anything could be done to better Evangeline's condition, here would be the place to do it. Kai was there to take charge of her, and so Asha'rah nodded and headed back to the surface.

Up above, Asha'rah could sense Kevi's ki, flitting here and there with deadly grace. Asha'rah own orbs flew after her, eight extensions of herself that she could direct well enough in so open a space. Relying on ki sensing and her own aura alone, her attacks were not quite as precise without the aid of her other senses, but they managed well enough to keep Kevi occupied now that she had resorted to more direct methods. Her aggression would spill into empty air.

When an enemy is primed for the primal satisfaction of hand to hand combat, trickery and frustration are among the best ways to sap their confidence and energy. Just a half-second's hesitation to commit at the crucial moment could spell disaster for them later. Asha'rah knew how to spell disaster.

By now, Kevi would probably be starting to get used to hitting air. She'd be on guard for the orbs, tiny dangers hidden within a sea of nothing but color. Perhaps Ishtar had had time to take advantage of the change of pace as well. Whatever the case, Asha'rah meant to continue to seize the initiative. Making not a footstep as she floated under cover of her own giant illusion form, she witnessed Ishtar land a mighty blow that sent Kevi hurtling through a nearby tree. Asha'rah grabbed the upper trunk and speared the severed end into Kevi's neck.

"What could Fife possibly promise you, Kevi?"
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 04-10-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Walking out of the debris and burnt wreckage of tank was Chou, covered in oil, sweat, dirty dark particles, shirtless and in fire. Yet seems alright as he turns in coma.

“ Anyone found tiger lady or rock guy? I got a score to settle with that big rock bastard.”

Looks to the mecha. “ Why didn’t pantaloons deny knowledge of al the damn toys!”

He rises his hands, telekinesis field on, applying pressure and tons of weight to the machines main core and shoulder pads. So to disrupt power circulating through it. Deciding to take that away as he launches his trusty old hammer into the beam rifle, smacking it to power core in attempt to blow it up, adding insult to injury. His phone was blasting with music.

“ The Trooper” by Iron Maiden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    When the two children appeared and did their entrance it took every ounce of dignified control to not squeal about how adorable the two were. Doing so would have embarrassed herself but the two hit the 'cute' button so it was somewhat hard to contain it, but contain it she did. She just watched the scene with a soft, fond smile as Totoma interacted with them. While in some ways the antics may have been cringe, the fact Totoma went out of his way to do that spoke a lot about them in another way. He was willing to put up and go through with something 'childish' for the sake of a few impressional children.

It was really touching. Karine did briefly wonder if it was a slight indication what he would be like with children of his own; though that was a ways off and a if.

Her red eyes turn from them, deciding to let Totoma speak as she addressed Maizl. "...Those two are adorable. I doubt they'd want to hear that from me though." She chuckled, then smiled once again. "You know, I have a adopted little sister named Tamaki that is a Sayain. Maybe one day she'll get to meet them. I think you would like her too as well as them."
    Another Saiyan living on Earth? It was rare for a child to be sent away from the planet; usually, they were sent to the nursery for her or one of the other care-nurse to raise them. The only reason a Saiyan child was shipped off to another planet was if they had SaiyAIDs.

Maiz narrowed her eyes slightly, then relaxed. Yes, that was the reason the girl was living here on this planet. Out of respect, she decided not to bring it up. "I'm sure I will," she answered with a slight smile. "As you can probably tell, I have great affection for young children. How old is she?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The mines in the earth detonate and ki blast shoots upward on the mech's frame, fizzling out on contact, thought it is pushed upward.

The mech points its cannon to the ground and fires a plasma shot, the ray searing through the Earth where Sasheem's limbs fell and Adam burrowed, following with a riotous explosion.

The plasma array on the mechs back whir and fan out, charging energy into its super structure as it ascends from the ground.
    "Uwaaaaaa!" Sasheem screamed as the plasma shot superheated the earth in which his arms had been buried in. Six of the arms the Majin had sprouted had melted off, the seventh on his back luckily managing to withdraw from the heated earth just at the right time.

"Hot! Hot!" Sasheem continued to shout as the ground below being heated also had the unfortunate side-effect of heating up Sasheem toilet which caused the Majin a great deal of pain. Using the propulsion technique that Kami had taught him, Sasheem attempted it with his one remaining arm, which was a bit awkward getting used to as it was on his back. Flying would be useful right now, but Sasheem, in this case, would find his advantage in rage.

It helped that the heated earth had given him an idea too. Sas he em fired a ki blast from his one arm at the ground to propel himself into the air. From there, above the mech he launched a blast of Venom Mist at the odd stop-sign shaped things that were beginning to make noise and charge energy.

Turtle island

Bard: Wasn’t embarrassing that one lizard guy had a pl of 99?

Dan: He is not my hero. Hell I am old enough to be his ancestor.
    As they got tracker chips too. The large reptile with apparent dreadlock head growths making notes.

Bard: Remember the plan, see tonit.

Dan: Right boss.