Page 595 of 661 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    This is heard over the comms. It seems the spectators are at least off the island, so casualties will be a minimum.

Because Fife is almost here. You can all feel him now.

"Oh ****, the old man's here."

A pity he didn't have a building to drop on him for real this time.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

A voice breaks into the comms.

“Mr. Koorimaru, Brock Lee here. Me and the crane girl got everyone off the island like you suggested to who wasn’t fighting. Damn close, but it’s clear. And yeah, that big powerlevel is coming still. Crane girl is heading your way, so am I and a few others. Brock out.”

This is heard over the comms. It seems the spectators are at least off the island, so casualties will be a minimum.

That energy…

Fife.

Sarada's lips split into a primal grin. It seemed that Ishtar's blade would taste Namekian blood this day.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

“Mr. Koorimaru, Brock Lee here. Me and the crane girl got everyone off the island like you suggested to who wasn’t fighting. Damn close, but it’s clear. And yeah, that big powerlevel is coming still. Crane girl is heading your way, so am I and a few others. Brock out.”

"What?!" Koorimaru's voice was the very definition of alarmed, ringing over the comms "I thought we would have more time than this....I hope some of us have managed to conserve at least a bit of our strength.."

Incredible Member

Meagan slices through his back while Sarada does so in the front. This staggers him, so when Ishtar blows the big mech up via fire and fuel, he is caught fully in the explosion.

When it dies down, his burnt body stumbles up, healing as his technique feeds on the ground and plant life, alongside anyone too close.

He looks at Held.

“I wanted it. I was willing to play with their ideals, but they both failed me. The gun is mine as payment.”
    “Another day, perhaps.”

Chris vanishes.
    Chuan takes the technique in with his eyes, mind racing to see when he could interfere with its intended purposes. Alas, he doesn't get a chance to test his theory, and his teamwork.

Good enough. He will not escape next time. Parasites like Chris won't get a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    What is it that motivates his next action? Pride? Guilt? Fear?

Slak doesn't know. All he knows is that he dashes to her side and starts healing Willa.
    This, on the other hand....

He closes his eyes briefly. Slak did the right thing, even if it seemed like a bad idea.

For that reason alone, he smiles. It isn't a very happy look, but he was proud of the Namekian for going that far.

A healer's duty isn't easy. It would never be.

"Of course."

That was the downside. They needed Slak to be in top shape to oppose Fife, and now he wasn't.

Chuan had read up since the spar, and it wasn't like he was entirely sure of his own skills. But confidence, as fleeting as it was, drove him now. He leaned down and put a needle in his ally's forehead, just below his left antenna. It wouldn't be much, but it'd help him regain consciousness more quickly.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Chou calls out.

“Four senzu beans left. Who wants them?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Sarada tossed Meagan the healing stone. She wasn't going to be needing it.

Chou calls out.

"Give me one," Sarada told Chou. "I'll probably need it when this boost wears off."

She noticed that Slak was unconscious. "And hurry up and five one to Slak, too."

OOC: Stage 2: next post
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 04-17-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Another day, perhaps.”

Chris vanishes.
    He has vanished.
    Seeing this, Ishtar barks a command, and lunges forward.

"NO."

Yet it does not matter. Battersea lies dead, Willa is badly injured yet unconscious- saved by Slak's hand for reasons unknown- and task now complete, Chris the Knife departs with his prize, the fel revolver, Banefire; leaving behind the carnage of the battlefield.

For Ishtar, this is not good enough.

Not now.

Not like this.

There was no stopping the fire that burned within the Oni now, it would have its day ... it did not matter if it was Chris the Knife. It did not matter if it was the Nevadian named Held, or the machine, Adam. Ochazuke. Totoma. Sasheem. Meagan ... it did not matter.

It did not matter.

Ishtar takes a step forward, the ground splits beneath her feet.

Inhale.

A crackle of static pierces the tempest, as the golden-eyed Oni's comm comes alive:

“Mr. Koori-, Bro---- ee here. Me an--- ne girl got every--- island like you --- fighting. Da --- ah --- powerlevel is coming still. Cra --- girl is heading --- so am I and a few others. ---.”
    Exhale.

Ishtar's eyes loose focus a moment, as she attempts to understand. Yet in the end, it is the Dino School Disciple that brings clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Oh ****, the old man's here."

A pity he didn't have a building to drop on him for real this time.
    Ishtar bears her fangs, in a wicked smile.

"Fife."

The path was almost realized ... Ishtar's body occasionally spasming as the pain of her current state warred with the fire that goaded her on. It would not be much longer. Her blood was nearing its boiling point, and when that threshold was crossed ... there would be no turning back.

Only Wrath.

OT: Stage 2 active. Stage 3 in 5.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Give me one," Sarada told Chou. "I'll probably need it when this boost wears off."

She noticed that Slak was unconscious. "And hurry up and five one to Slak, too."
    OOC: Did Sarada give Meagan the crystal back?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Chou nods, giving one to Sarada and feeding one to Slak.

“Two left.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Chou calls out.

"I'll be fine." Held replied, his gaze in the direction of the massive incoming power level, "....Kenshiko was as tough as they come, but I think she was already half dead before we even crossed paths."

Although she was certainly every bit as strong as Ochazuke had implied, fighting despite wounds that would cripple a lesser person, it was clear that she was on the very dregs of her power, having been injured by Meagan and the others, pushing her own body to the point where even engaging had done more damage to herself than Held had dished out.

Perhaps it was thanks to his barrier, but the wounds he had endured, while unpleasant, were not the sort that would require special treatment. Atleast compared to the warriors besides him, many of which broken and bleeding, some even burning the skin from their bodies next to their collapsed comrades.

"But...I might have to take you up on that in a few minutes."

OOC: Also, what does that bracer thing do--Actually, screw it. HELD GOT OTHER STUFF

“Two left.”
    Raises hand

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "I'll be fine." Held replied, his gaze in the direction of the massive incoming power level, "....Kenshiko was as tough as they come, but I think she was already half dead before we even crossed paths."

Although she was certainly every bit as strong as Ochazuke had implied, fighting despite wounds that would cripple a lesser person, it was clear that she was on the very dregs of her power, having been injured by Meagan and the others, pushing her own body to the point where even engaging had done more damage to herself than Held had dished out.

Perhaps it was thanks to his barrier, but the wounds he had endured, while unpleasant, were not the sort that would require special treatment. Atleast compared to the warriors besides him, many of which broken and bleeding, some even burning the skin from their bodies next to their collapsed comrades.

"But...I might have to take you up on that in a few minutes."

OOC: Also, what does that bracer thing do--Actually, screw it. HELD GOT OTHER STUFF
    OT: Use it and find out. The rest were just valuable., the bracer the only thing unique.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    "Of course."

That was the downside. They needed Slak to be in top shape to oppose Fife, and now he wasn't.

Chuan had read up since the spar, and it wasn't like he was entirely sure of his own skills. But confidence, as fleeting as it was, drove him now. He leaned down and put a needle in his ally's forehead, just below his left antenna. It wouldn't be much, but it'd help him regain consciousness more quickly.
    Consciousness returns to Slak all too soon.

Never before has he been so low on Ki, yet that is not what causes him the greatest distress. His surroundings confirm the brutal reality all too clear. He had not imagined. It was not a nightmare.

This is his reality now.

“Two left.”
    He bites down the Senzu and feels his power return to him. He feel his brother's Ki approaching.

It seems he cannot leave the battlefield just yet.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Raises hand
    Throws one to Zaofan.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: Did Sarada give Meagan the crystal back?
    OOC: I edited it in my last post that she did.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!