Page 596 of 661 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606646 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 9901
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT: Use it and find out. The rest were just valuable., the bracer the only thing unique.
    OOC: Oh, no. I meant other stuff as in "Held has other techniques I've been waiting for ages to use."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Even just those few moments of the backlash from pushing the Hitozaru form too far for his current level had seemed like an eternity. And the pain was getting worse, to an extent that Totoma had absolutely no metaphor to describe it. Whether that was because his thrashing had worsened his physical wounds or because of the backlash Totoma couldn't say, because by this point he could really only process two things: pain and a desire to escape it.

He'd very nearly withdrawn into himself, which would have... essentially severed or isolated him from his own body. It was the very same thing he'd done after the Jagam battle, actually. He'd locked himself in a little corner of his mind and refused to come out, save for Karine's sake... and even then only in the most dire of circumstances.

Ocazuke's words, however, gave him something to focus on other than the pain and wanting to escape it. His eyes regained some measure of cognizance and immediately focused on the half-senzu bean. He didn't really recall what it was at the moment, but if it helped...

He accepted the bean, chewing it briefly and swallowing it. The effect was almost immediate, as his body began to mend itself, and the pain receded, though not entirely. Still, compared to the world of absolute pain he'd been immersed in for those few moments, it was... manageable now.

Totoma sat up, face still scrunched in pain and his breath still rapid and shallow. "T-thanks... I... sh--" He coughed, spitting up a bit of blood.

"...pushed... too far. Backlash. Technique... not... mastered," he finished, barely able to form a coherent sentence.
    A man who has found his purpose is unassailable upon the firmament of his resolve. But though he should not fear death it would be a fool's errand to rush towards it heedlessly.

After a lengthy pause Ochazuke replied to him. "Yet you faced him down, in spite of it..."

The pulse of hidden energy he'd shown to the children before the tournament was no idle boast. He knew that now. So would the world. But as the fallen man coughed up blood, he found little cause for celebration here, and Ochazuke's eyes widened as the extent of damage further revealed itself.

Looking around, he took in what had happened while he'd been... indisposed. Battersea was dead--good riddance--and so was Willa, though Slak seemed to be attending to her... for some reason. Why?

Some of the others were fighting that assassin, Chris the Knife. Whatever, he hoped they tore that piece of shit limb from limb. He turned and looked at the bloody stump where his tail had been previously and grimaced.

"...bastard... took my... tail," he said, his tone belying the absolute rage at that fact.
    A man of few words, Ochazuke found he had fewer still. There was no need for insights when it was so plain.

Wordlessly he tore his shirt into navy-blue strips, affixing a splint to the injuries of the young man who gave everything.

"Rest," Ochazuke said at last, as he gently but firmly fixing Totoma to a position on his side such that he could breathe easy and take undue pressure off the wound.

Standing, the blood shocked through to reinvigorate his iron body as his power began to renew itself. A presence asserted without aura, a hollow seemed to burn from within Ochazuke as he turned his sight to the field of battle.

His back to Totoma now, he lift a hand to his face; doubtless, to clear his vision, as deep breaths roused his ki and his iron fingers shook.

“Another day, perhaps.”

Chris vanishes.
    A voice breaks into the comms.

“Mr. Koorimaru, Brock Lee here. Me and the crane girl got everyone off the island like you suggested to who wasn’t fighting. Damn close, but it’s clear. And yeah, that big powerlevel is coming still. Crane girl is heading your way, so am I and a few others. Brock out.”

This is heard over the comms. It seems the spectators are at least off the island, so casualties will be a minimum.

Because Fife is almost here. You can all feel him now.
    Yet it was not to be. As one enemy faded, so another descended upon him. He felt it in the air, when Evangeline swung the Pendulum backward, but this was something else entirely.

Turning back, he lift Totoma to his feet, carrying a depleted arm over his shoulders.

"...one day we will shatter the knife," he said darkly, "It seems we don't even have the luxury of a single idle moment."

Looking over the group, Adam walks over to Midori. "Do not move." Opening her mouth, Adam extends a tendril down her throat, branching out into her structure. Damage is mended, seals repaired, connections restored. Withdrawing, it leaves a few ounces of itself inside her, reinforcing trouble spots and aiding her power system. "Field repair complete."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dash looked up at him, speaking softly, "Hey, now, heroes don't cry. You're friends need your help giving that guy a beat-down. Don't worry about me, I'll be flying again in no time."

Giving Zaofan a slight nod and a smile, she relaxed and let Chaun help her. Fortunately her spine wasn't broken, but the injury was traumatic enough to cause temporary paralysis. As Chaun was treating her she already started to get some feeling back in her legs, but for now she'll be out of the fight.
    While the others fight, Dash vanishes from the Island...

OOC: Don't worry, she's okay.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada tossed Meagan the healing stone. She wasn't going to be needing it.

"Give me one," Sarada told Chou. "I'll probably need it when this boost wears off."

She noticed that Slak was unconscious. "And hurry up and five one to Slak, too."

OOC: Stage 2: next post
    Catching it, she felt a little more of her Ki return, but not enough. Not worrying about it, she tried to see who still needed a boost and who was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    A man who has found his purpose is unassailable upon the firmament of his resolve. But though he should not fear death it would be a fool's errand to rush towards it heedlessly.

After a lengthy pause Ochazuke replied to him. "Yet you faced him down, in spite of it..."

The pulse of hidden energy he'd shown to the children before the tournament was no idle boast. He knew that now. So would the world. But as the fallen man coughed up blood, he found little cause for celebration here, and Ochazuke's eyes widened as the extent of damage further revealed itself.

A man of few words, Ochazuke found he had fewer still. There was no need for insights when it was so plain.

Wordlessly he tore his shirt into navy-blue strips, affixing a splint to the injuries of the young man who gave everything.

"Rest," Ochazuke said at last, as he gently but firmly fixing Totoma to a position on his side such that he could breathe easy and take undue pressure off the wound.

Standing, the blood shocked through to reinvigorate his iron body as his power began to renew itself. A presence asserted without aura, a hollow seemed to burn from within Ochazuke as he turned his sight to the field of battle.

His back to Totoma now, he lift a hand to his face; doubtless, to clear his vision, as deep breaths roused his ki and his iron fingers shook.

Yet it was not to be. As one enemy faded, so another descended upon him. He felt it in the air, when Evangeline swung the Pendulum backward, but this was something else entirely.

Turning back, he lift Totoma to his feet, carrying a depleted arm over his shoulders.

"...one day we will shatter the knife," he said darkly, "It seems we don't even have the luxury of a single idle moment."
    Going over to Ochazuke and Titima, Meagan showed them the crystal, "I have something her that can help. Letting them decide if they want to use it or not.

Jack slams the weapon down in frustration on the place where Chris had been. He whirled the weapon around and brought it down again.

Before Jack could bring it around a third time he felt a familiar hand slap him across the face.

"Calm your ass down, Jack."

Jack just stared in frustration at the spectre in front of him.

"You can't do anything about him right now, he's gone, but your friends, including that girl yo claim to care so much about, are here. And Fife is coming."

Manco shook his head, "And you no what else? I'm sure somehow, you'll survive, domb shit that you are. You should be dead a dozen times over, yet here you stand."

Manco, "But make no mistake, boy, Fife will kill every last one of them if you don't think of a way to stop him. So quit hiding behind your pain and Deal!"

Jack shook his head reason returning, slowly, but surely.

Throws one to Zaofan.
    *Misses the catch*

"DAMMIT!"

Of course Zaofan would have to work for a meal. Typical. Just typical.

The exhausted Zaofan got down on all fours, letting Bojack tip over, to sift through the dirt, frantically but slowly feeling his way around.

"CmoncomcmoncmoncmonWHERE ARE YOU!?"

Just then, he felt something smooth and curved between his fingers. Not a pebble. Not a stone. No, he pulled out the object and it was a... BEETLE!

He put it on the ground gently, recoiling in horror just a bit. But he tried again, felt something again, pulled up again. It was a... SENZU BEAN!

Holding it high in the air, he dropped it in his mouth with great flourish, bit down, swallowed, and then...

...his ki regenerated with a fury like never before. It felt like pistons pounding, generators spinning, cannons firing.

Zaofan was ready for battle, exploding in ki, grabbing Bojack, and flying off to rejoin the others a short distance away.

However, it didn't take long for him to see that, well, everything was relatively calm again.

He looked around. He could see the obvious damage, the bodies, and all. "...Where's Chris...? Did we win?"
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-17-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Even just those few moments of the backlash from pushing the Hitozaru form too far for his current level had seemed like an eternity. And the pain was getting worse, to an extent that Totoma had absolutely no metaphor to describe it. Whether that was because his thrashing had worsened his physical wounds or because of the backlash Totoma couldn't say, because by this point he could really only process two things: pain and a desire to escape it.

He'd very nearly withdrawn into himself, which would have... essentially severed or isolated him from his own body. It was the very same thing he'd done after the Jagam battle, actually. He'd locked himself in a little corner of his mind and refused to come out, save for Karine's sake... and even then only in the most dire of circumstances.

Ocazuke's words, however, gave him something to focus on other than the pain and wanting to escape it. His eyes regained some measure of cognizance and immediately focused on the half-senzu bean. He didn't really recall what it was at the moment, but if it helped...

He accepted the bean, chewing it briefly and swallowing it. The effect was almost immediate, as his body began to mend itself, and the pain receded, though not entirely. Still, compared to the world of absolute pain he'd been immersed in for those few moments, it was... manageable now.

Totoma sat up, face still scrunched in pain and his breath still rapid and shallow. "T-thanks... I... sh--" He coughed, spitting up a bit of blood.

"...pushed... too far. Backlash. Technique... not... mastered," he finished, barely able to form a coherent sentence.

Looking around, he took in what had happened while he'd been... indisposed. Battersea was dead--good riddance--and so was Willa, though Slak seemed to be attending to her... for some reason. Why?

Some of the others were fighting that assassin, Chris the Knife. Whatever, he hoped they tore that piece of shit limb from limb. He turned and looked at the bloody stump where his tail had been previously and grimaced.

"...bastard... took my... tail," he said, his tone belying the absolute rage at that fact.
    Karine felt more then a bit satisfaction they she had taken care of the mech, it being more then a useless lump of overly expensive metal at the moment. The drain of stretching her shadows was getting to her, so for now she recalled them; both what was left of her 'domain' as well as her summon. Putting up one at that level was straining enough, two however was pushing it but she had feel it nesscary.

A sharp scream from Totoma had yanked her from her thought process, practically drowning everything else out. At that moment to the extent of everything else she focused on the direction of the noise and the energy signature making her way as there quickly as possible when she could. Totoma was in bad shape, his tail now gone which enraged her. She'd kill them.

Thankfully one of those miracle beans had already been given to Totoma from Ochazuke had done its job. He was still in a great deal of pain, but it seemed it was something they could tolerate for now. Karine still hovered over them protectively, she didn't ask 'are you all right' since she wanted him to rest but she did stay around his side. Words didn't always have to be exchanged for intent to be there. She gave his hand a brief comforting squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"...Thank you.."

It was more then what she could say to Ochazuke, though a simple gesture the important fact was he got to them first. Karine had almost teared up seeing them in that state but she crushed down the feeling as best she could, throwing it to the corner. Totoma and the others didn't need her tears. They needed her metaphorical fangs.

Finally she stood up from Totoma at their words. "On that, we both agree. So it was the assassin then?"

If she had to delve into more into the shadow skill for them, then so be it. She'd make sure their domain turned into their nightmare.
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 04-17-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Chrona let out a sigh. "Geez Uncle....I suppose I should be thankful, but your making temporary annihilation sound like a spanking."

"Well...your right and your wrong. Everything fits into her design eventually.....but some routes are easier then others. Helping mom doesn't mean I have to paint within the lines all the time." She half smiled, her rebellious nature plain to see. "Honestly I'm a bit surprised at how well shes taking it though.....Knowing mom she's already planned around it, or planned it to begin with.....maybe both. Shes.....gotten a lot worse lately you know. You should pay her a visit...Well...when she's available I mean."
    "Be honest, girl. For a facet of time ... such a thing is hardly more than an, as you noted, spanking." Zurvan replied with a hint of amusement.

Though Chrona's explanation as to the matter of her mother ? It was off, just as Zurvan's own estimates were usually off by a second or more, depending on the slightest of ripples, deviations, or even just dumb luck. With a shrug the Aspect expressed as much, as well.

"You know well that is not true, girl. This quest these ... children, are on. My own child included ... this is no more a part of her plan, as this meeting is the plan of Timeline #85. As to the matter of meeting with her ? I see no reason why not, presuming she does not attempt to force me into "proper attire" yet again."

"Mother/Daughter, Master/Familiar.....I've kinda got a lot holding me to my job here. Any other scenario and I'd be off exploring the cosmos or something.....Or lets see...." Chrona paused a moment, then smiled with a silly expression. "Oh.....actually maybe its better this way......Quite a few timelines where a free version of myself pisses you off a bit too much......But I'm sure the you that's here wouldn't harm a hair on your darling nieces head right?"
    "There are an infinite number of timelines, I am sure you could find one where you do not cause nearly so much trouble." Zurvan replied with a small smile. Though before the Aspect could respond to whether or not he would harm his niece, something transpired that sapped any emotion from him save shock. It was a voice, heard across the island, speaking a language known only by one other.

"Ishtar ?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Voice now risen beyond the scope of the valley, as the ancient magic learned by Grav fueled her motions, the entire Island would hear it as Ishtar declared her intent.

"So that I may hasten Battersea's end ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Looking up, eyes glowing a black-tinged gold, Ishtar locked eyes with Battersea as she finished the incantation, the Oni's voice clearly heard despite the chaos that reigned on the battlefield:

Starapateñti, Paņca. Starfall.
    Star to fall ? ... No in this way it is ... Starfall.

"... Oh."

Looking down at Chrona then, Zurvan blinked a few times before sighing.

"The reunion was sweet, for what it was, niece of mine ... but it seems my daughter has found her way here. Come if you wish, but I must see what she has done." With that the Aspect turned, and was gone.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    *Misses the catch*

"DAMMIT!"

Of course Zaofan would have to work for a meal. Typical. Just typical.

The exhausted Zaofan got down on all fours, letting Bojack tip over, to sift through the dirt, frantically but slowly feeling his way around.

"CmoncomcmoncmoncmonWHERE ARE YOU!?"

Just then, he felt something smooth and curved between his fingers. Not a pebble. Not a stone. No, he pulled out the object and it was a... BEETLE!

He put it on the ground gently, recoiling in horror just a bit. But he tried again, felt something again, pulled up again. It was a... SENZU BEAN!

Holding it high in the air, he dropped it in his mouth with great flourish, bit down, swallowed, and then...

...his ki regenerated with a fury like never before. It felt like pistons pounding, generators spinning, cannons firing.

Zaofan was ready for battle, exploding in ki, grabbing Bojack, and flying off to rejoin the others a short distance away.

However, it didn't take long for him to see that, well, everything was relatively calm again.

He looked around. He could see the obvious damage, the bodies, and all. "...Where's Chris...? Did we win?"
    "Cookman!"
    "Zaofan!"

Two voices assaulted Zaofans ears at once. One he had only heard recently, and the other he hadn't heard since the tournament started.

Erosa as the first to greet him, blood on her claw but thankfully none the worse for wear all considering. "Cookman! Look better....good fight! Make good pack....Even Monkey surprise Erosa. Erosa want to turn into giant animal too!" Erosa waved her arms, seemingly unaffected by the approached menace.

"Good to see you kept your side so far..." The other voice came from behind, as Etrina approached to appraise Zaofans condition. "...Not dying I mean. Of course that's to be expected from you. I'm glad you all could hold things down here.....with the exception of that knife fellow and fife we did a rather sizable hit to our combined enemies."

For a moment, divine power ramping up her sight and senses, Asha’rah sees something. A grey thing, small and unknown, attached to Fife’s soul.

Or what would have been his soul, if he still had one. Only the grey thing resides in that spiritual place.

And then the former guardian, with no response, leaves.
    As she neared, her temporarily amplified senses revealed a strange grey thing within Fife. Asha'rah's brow furrowed under the faceplate, puzzled. It resided with Fife's soul...no! Where was the soul?! There was nothing there, nothing but this other entity inside the fallen Kami. Was there anything left of Fife in the body that stood before her?

The sight befuddled her so that she almost missed Fife trying to move past her. But when she noticed, she steeled herself. The moment of truth had come. Fife had called her bluff, and it was all she could do to keep her energies from flickering, giving away just how tenuous her grasp on her power was. She had directed Evangeline's energies to enter her in something akin to a controlled explosion, lengthening the period in which she could remain before her robotic prison snuffed her back to her former state. It had allowed her a few brief moments to put on a facade, but now she could practically hear mechanisms rolling into place, each crank weakening her hold on her godlike state.

If she was to lose this power anyway, and if Fife was attempting to ignore and move past her anyway, then she might as well lose her power in the most productive way possible. Allowing Fife to slip past her, she took a deep breath. It was the first true breath she'd experienced in a long, long time. She boiled her focus down, down to her essence, down to this next second of existence. Every second spent in meditation, every mental focusing technique she'd ever mastered, in this moment she was even more grateful for them and how they had helped her grow in subtle ways. Then the second passed, and she spun around, one foot trailing as she transferred her weight from the balls of her feet, up her calves and spine into the tip of her arm in one smooth motion. As she did, every iota of enhanced aura she had left, every bit of godhood lost again, was pushed into her wrist. Her fist open, Asha'rah delivered a palm strike into the small of Fife's back, unleashing a massive ki blast meant to propel him, injured and uncontrolled, to impact upon the tournament grounds where her compatriots could swarm upon him.

Whether she succeeded or not, Asha'rah would then hurriedly conceal herself and make her exit, heading to the tournament grounds herself.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

High above Turtle Island, Maiz floated serenely, arms folded and a pensive frown on her brow. Beside her, Pinach and Rutaba pouted angrily. Just minutes earlier, Brock Lee told them they had to leave the island to avoid getting caught up in the fighting that was taking place near the waterfall. The two children argued, stating -- rightly, admittedly -- that they were too powerful to be hurt by anything Battersea or any of the others were throwing at each other. While that was very true, Maiz knew that these Earthlings had abilities that rendered the gap between power levels worthless. She couldn't live with herself if something happened to either of them.

By threat and force, she made them leave with her.

Her only regret was being unable to do the same with Sarada, who was still on the island.

"We can help," Pinach protested futilely. "We're both stronger than all of them."

Maiz didn't answer, which was answer enough. She wasn't going to change her mind.

What's this? She suddenly felt the signature she knew belonged to Simon Battersea blink out of existence. He was dead. An interesting -- and surprising -- turn of events. Since the exodus from the island, the tournament was over. Which meant that the story of Earth's Champion was far darker than just one of murder and theft. Sarada and those allied with her felt it necessary to end his life.

She didn't blink. With his truth exposed, no tears would be shed over his grave.

Sarada's power level dipped drastically at some point before Battersea's death. Yet, Maiz could sense that the Blood Moon at their back was still active, and the girl was still conscious. Which could only mean that she had lost her tail somehow. A heavy sigh breezed through Maiz's lips. What will do with your pride now, child?

They both knew that a Saiyan's tail was a great source of pride. To lose it meant that they had likely lost a battle to a lesser race. There was no way Sarada could return to Vocado; not when everyone knew she had run away instead of being sent to the Meat Market. It would grow back, of course, but that was beyond the point.

She sighed again. "Come, children. Let's go. Sarada can find us later."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    Looking over the group, Adam walks over to Midori. "Do not move." Opening her mouth, Adam extends a tendril down her throat, branching out into her structure. Damage is mended, seals repaired, connections restored. Withdrawing, it leaves a few ounces of itself inside her, reinforcing trouble spots and aiding her power system. "Field repair complete."
    Midori blinked as she stared at Adam, not completely sure what exactly happened, or how she felt about it as she tried to comprehend it. She certainly felt better, so that was a plus. Finally deciding on a course of action, Midori gave the android a weak smile and said "Uh... thanks, Adam."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine felt more then a bit satisfaction they she had taken care of the mech, it being more then a useless lump of overly expensive metal at the moment. The drain of stretching her shadows was getting to her, so for now she recalled them; both what was left of her 'domain' as well as her summon. Putting up one at that level was straining enough, two however was pushing it but she had feel it nesscary.

A sharp scream from Totoma had yanked her from her thought process, practically drowning everything else out. At that moment to the extent of everything else she focused on the direction of the noise and the energy signature making her way as there quickly as possible when she could. Totoma was in bad shape, his tail now gone which enraged her. She'd kill them.

Thankfully one of those miracle beans had already been given to Totoma from Ochazuke had done its job. He was still in a great deal of pain, but it seemed it was something they could tolerate for now. Karine still hovered over them protectively, she didn't ask 'are you all right' since she wanted him to rest but she did stay around his side. Words didn't always have to be exchanged for intent to be there. She gave his hand a brief comforting squeeze.

"...Thank you.."

It was more then what she could say to Ochazuke, though a simple gesture the important fact was he got to them first. Karine had almost teared up seeing them in that state but she crushed down the feeling as best she could, throwing it to the corner. Totoma and the others didn't need her tears. They needed her metaphorical fangs.

Finally she stood up from Totoma at their words. "On that, we both agree. So it was the assassin then?"

If she had to delve into more into the shadow skill for them, then so be it. She'd make sure their domain turned into their nightmare.
    Steadying Totoma to his feet until the pain became managable - if it ever would be - Ochazuke replied to Karine with a grim nod in silence.

The man had announced himself by his artful carnage. They'd known he was on the way, yet even with the advance knowledge of the assassin they were powerless to oppose him.

"His alliance was forfeit the moment Battersea shed his pride to seize the moment," he said, recalling the prize Chris had sought. "Even possessing such grisly skill the Knife sought a darker prize."

He exchanged a glance with Karine. "It was no mere weapon. Banefire was its name. You felt it too, didn't you? Simon Battersea bound his soul to the thing."