Page 604 of 661 FirstFirst ... 104504554594600601602603604605606607608614654 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 9901

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "The tail? Ok, Shut up and hold still." Etrina didn't even try to ease her way into it this time. Failure wasn't an option on the table anyways. "Lets see.....Calculate time passed since event.....add extra 30 minutes for good measure...." Etrina reached down with her hand focused her ki into the weaving of a temporal reversal spell. For a moment Sarada felt a weird tingle in her rear followed by a quick sharp pain that only lasted a moment. When the magic faded...she could feel a familiar extension having returned to its proper place.

Returning her gaze to Sarada, Etrina nodded quietly. "....Problem solved, if you have any other requirements make them known....I'll give you the time you need and hopefully a straight shot." "
    Totoma watched in amazement as Etrina... somehow restored Sarada's tail. Oh, he had to get in on this action, definitely.

"Etrina, still have enough juice to restore mine, too?"

Ideally, the answer would be yes. Nothing like a dual Oozaru or... one Oozaru and Hitozaru combo to tip the scales.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Retired Overlord

Totoma watched in amazement as Etrina... somehow restored Sarada's tail. Oh, he had to get in on this action, definitely.

"Etrina, still have enough juice to restore mine, too?"

Ideally, the answer would be yes. Nothing like a dual Oozaru or... one Oozaru and Hitozaru combo to tip the scales.
    Etrina turned her attention to Totoma. Time was short....but not so short that doubling the odds wasn't out of the question. "Very well, make sure not to lose it this time. Lets see....was around the time time so..." Etrina performed the very same spell work once again....thought with noticeably more effort then the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It... it was back. Sarada's tail... it was back. She thought it would be months before it regrew, but Etrina somehow made it regrow in seconds.

The long, brown, furry appendage waved slowly behind her, seemingly testing itself out to make sure it was working correctly. "Holy shit," she muttered quietly. "I don't know what you did, but... thanks."
    "You can thank me by pummeling the idiot who harmed my familiar into the dirt." Etrina answered quietly. "....Assuming theirs anything left of him after I've had my turn....At the very least I'll keep him occupied while you prepare."

Turning her attention back to the mist cloud, Etrina telepathically contacted the rest of the group. "Someone get that cloud out of the way, I'm going in either way but a clear sky would be appreciated." Putting as much focus on her ki detection as she could, Etrina pulled upon what she learned from Kami and flew up towards the mist with wand ready...giving a moment for anyone who wanted to help part it for her before proceeding.

Etrina turned her attention to Totoma. Time was short....but not so short that doubling the odds wasn't out of the question. "Very well, make sure not to lose it this time. Lets see....was around the time time so..." Etrina performed the very same spell work once again....thought with noticeably more effort then the first time.

"You can thank me by pummeling the idiot who harmed my familiar into the dirt." Etrina answered quietly. "....Assuming theirs anything left of him after I've had my turn....At the very least I'll keep him occupied while you prepare."

Turning her attention back to the mist cloud, Etrina telepathically contacted the rest of the group. "Someone get that cloud out of the way, I'm going in either way but a clear sky would be appreciated." Putting as much focus on her ki detection as she could, Etrina pulled upon what she learned from Kami and flew up towards the mist with wand ready...giving a moment for anyone who wanted to help part it for her before proceeding.
    Totoma checked out his newly restored tail, a wide grin emerging on his face. "Haha! Thanks Etrina, you're the greatest! I owe ya one."

He felt relieved and... more whole now. A Saiyan's tail was a part of their pride, and, to be honest... it was his best feature! So fuzzy, so expressive, and so, so very handsome!

Alright, he may still be injured, but with a Second Wind and a heaping dose of Blutz waves, they'd be able to turn the tides. Though, Fife would probably go after their tails, so perhaps letting Sarada be the offense while he covered her, defending her from any tail-snipping attempts with his faster Hitozaru form would be best.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Karine for sure thought she'd perish in the attack, but a combination of dumb luck she and the others had managed to survive. Sarada had been in a bad way, but she was recovering now thankfully. As for herself, she was fine save being lower on energy and they were about out of those magical beans.

Forcing herself not to get idle and tend to anyone who needed it; mainly int his case Ishtar she formed one of her medical needles and then prompted verbally, gently. "May I?" It be better then just running over and poking them unaware; and while damaged their life wasn't at least in immediate danger as far as she could tell.
    "You can attempt it," Ishtar nodded weakly, when Karine offered her healing needle. The Oni's body would attempt to reject such a thing, given the state it was in, but there was no harm in trying when every hand would be needed to bring this Fallen Guardian to his knees ... as the Nosferatu worked then, the Oni turned to focus on the girl for which she had developed an affection for:

Sarada.

Whatever frown she had been wearing disappeared when she heard Ishtar's voice as the Oni approached. It was very good that the Oni survived the attack. Very good. Sarada would have been disappointed if she died. But she hadn't, so that was good.

It's too bad those shorts didn't get blasted off... wait, where's her arm?

Had her arm gotten blown off again? She just got a robotic one, for shit's sake!

She sighed tiredly and smile anyway. "Yeah, I've determined that being alive is way better than being dead. I'm pleased you're still alive, too."

Her smile grew a touch, and despite all the chaos and mayhem happening around them, Sarada felt a small touch of contentment from just talking with Ishtar. She hoped she felt the same; but then, she had a good feeling she did.

Looks like the arm is regrowing, so there's that, at least. Though, at least we'd be matching stumps if it wasn't. Kinda. Mostly.
    When Sarada smiled, Ishtar couldn't help but offer her own, and when the girl spoke of her decision to stay alive simply because it felt better than dying, the Oni chuckled; not at all minding that to do so brought with it a spasm of pain.

"Being alive is by far the better option .. and I would rather not ... I do not wish to lose you."

A moment passed then, Ishtar simply staring down at the girl smiling weakly, before she worked up the energy- and courage- to speak.

"I have known you only a short time, and yet ..." Trailing off, cheeks flushed, the Oni could only shake her head embarrassed, before eventually stating:

"Please do not die."

With Etrina's arrival then, however ... whatever would have followed was lost for the time being.

"The tail? Ok, Shut up and hold still." Etrina didn't even try to ease her way into it this time. Failure wasn't an option on the table anyways. "Lets see.....Calculate time passed since event.....add extra 30 minutes for good measure...." Etrina reached down with her hand focused her ki into the weaving of a temporal reversal spell. For a moment Sarada felt a weird tingle in her rear followed by a quick sharp pain that only lasted a moment. When the magic faded...she could feel a familiar extension having returned to its proper place.

Returning her gaze to Sarada, Etrina nodded quietly. "....Problem solved, if you have any other requirements make them known....I'll give you the time you need and hopefully a straight shot." "
    At this, Ishtar blinked.

And when it happened again, Ishtar could only blink a second time.

That was ...

" ... Temporal manipulation."

Not just any, either. Localized. Precise. From Etrina, of all individuals ...

To say that the golden-eyed Oni was shocked, was an understatement. To say that she was- despite the pain- upset, was also an understatement ... but even more than any of the emotions that colored the stare that assaulted Etrina, was concern.

Localized manipulation at such a level was of the sort that tended to go unnoticed, but given what Ishtar had seen before the sky had been brought down upon them ...

Before the Oni could say anything towards explaining the issues with the use of such magic- especially now- a voice sounded with an image of its speaker, in the minds of those directly involved in this bending of time*:

"For some reason, my knowledge of the twenty-four hours surrounding this moment are ... lacking. Shame, that."

Silent for a moment, after Zurvan's acceptance of what transpired, Ishtar found that she could only chuckle weakly, too tired to be anything more than bemused and grateful. And with a sigh heard across the mental link offered by Zurvan, the Oni replied.

"I shall thank you in person, when this is ended ... Father."

The connection was then severed without a response from the Aspect, but the golden-eyed Oni knew well that her father would accept such an offering.

Today seemed the day for old memories and reunions after all, what was one more ?

It... it was back. Sarada's tail... it was back. She thought it would be months before it regrew, but Etrina somehow made it regrow in seconds.

The long, brown, furry appendage waved slowly behind her, seemingly testing itself out to make sure it was working correctly. "Holy shit," she muttered quietly. "I don't know what you did, but... thanks."
    Ishtar smiled as she saw Sarada's tail- that soft fluffy thing that expressed the girl's inner feelings- was returned to her. And watching as the girl flitted away to assist in the assault against Fife, the Oni could only chuckle again at the way the day had played out thus far.

"How passing strange."

OT: *(Etrina, Totoma, Sarada, Ishtar)
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem wondered if mist is too amorphous to be able to turn into anything. He figured he should probably test if that's the case out as soon as he spotted yet another dragonball appear. He aimed his antennae at the mist and zapped out a beam. If he succeeded...it'd be goodbye mist...and hello cotton candy.
    The other attacks didn’t effect it, but this does. In a flash, the mist is turned into cotton candy and falls away, leaving a sugar coated Fife with five dragonballs floating around him.

He seems surprised, even as a six dragonball manifests beside him.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "There are smarter ways to dealing with him. What we need is a really strong wind." Meagan kneeled down and placed the crystal on her, "This should speed up her energy recovery."
    Midori scowled, but didn't disagree with her. Instead, she turned to look at Shiro, trying her best to ignore the desire to tear apart Fife for both Erosa and potentially Sonomaru.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The other attacks didn’t effect it, but this does. In a flash, the mist is turned into cotton candy and falls away, leaving a sugar coated Fife with five dragonballs floating around him.

Meagan looked on and smiled, "I knew there was a better way of doing it." She spoke softly, mostly just thinking out loud as Shiro started to stir. "Shiro, I need to check on Kai. I'll be right back."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori scowled, but didn't disagree with her. Instead, she turned to look at Shiro, trying her best to ignore the desire to tear apart Fife for both Erosa and potentially Sonomaru.
    "You'll get your chance soon, just need to make sure everyone is up for it."

Meanwhile Kai stirs and props himself up against a boulder.
    Moving over to Kai's side, she handed him the crystal, "Hodl it for a minute and you'll start feeling better. Then get Lady Kami and Jinzi to be prepared for the worst, in case they have to evacuate the Lookout, or even destroy it so that it doesn't get into Fife's hands."
    Last edited by Tami; 04-19-2018 at 07:29 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Asha’rah damages Fife, but before he can slam into the barrier, he disappears. Reappearing behind her, he slams her as hard as possible towards the near exhausted Aiko. The young crane girl can’t dodge as Asha’rah is batted into her, both plunging into the ocean.

Meanwhile, with a concentrated effort between them, the barrier prison shatters.

Chou awakens, looking around.

“One senzu left, who needs it!?” He calls out, forsaking their mental link in his hurry.

Fife, upon seeing the barrier fall, flies up higher and surrounds himself with a mist obscuring his body from sight. However, as hisbthroat heals, he continues the spell and a fifth Dragonball appears before it too is shrouded by the mist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Hold her

Summoning his strength, Slak places his hands on Sarada and starts to heal her.
    Asha'rah's combo of attacks worked, mostly. Fife's spell was delayed, his throat crushed, and he was enveloped in the Kamihameha which helped to blast open the crystalline structure. Fife himself managed to escape the blast, however, disappearing in an instant. Perhaps he teleported. Perhaps he was capable of immense bursts of speed. Whatever the case, he threw Asha'rah into the monk girl who'd been forcing him to dodge immense kikoho ki blasts similar to the technique Ochazuke had used to annihilate Chou's dark side.

Together, they fell into the ocean. Asha'rah would have preferred to take a moment to gather her strength, but the weight of the body beneath her compelled her to act now. Scooping the monk-girl in her arms, she emerged from the ocean for the second time that day, salt water dripping from her clothes and chassis. She took her to where the injured fighters remained and set her down, then turned her attention back to the fighting. Fife had surrounded himself with a mist, complicating attempts to take him down quickly. Perhaps a moving shield could force him to-

Asha'rah's thoughts were interrupted by cotton candy. Namely, an entire cloud in the sky turning into cotton candy and falling away, leaving the former Kami exposed and covered in sugar. Sasheem, you glorious miscreant.

Laughing joyously, she launched herself at Fife. Her orbs whirled about in a blur, weaving in and out between a combo of palm strikes, crosses and kicks, aiming for Fife's neck and jaw whenever possible. Fife could not be allowed to summon the seventh Dragon Ball. Not until Asha'rah was ready.

"The fuck was that?"

One moment he was entering the mist, the next he was covered by cotton candy. Still, the advantage Fife had in the mist was gone, and Charco made a lunge for the Namekian, hoping to kick the old man's throat in.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    When Sarada smiled, Ishtar couldn't help but offer her own, and when the girl spoke of her decision to stay alive simply because it felt better than dying, the Oni chuckled; not at all minding that to do so brought with it a spasm of pain.

"Being alive is by far the better option .. and I would rather not ... I do not wish to lose you."

A moment passed then, Ishtar simply staring down at the girl smiling weakly, before she worked up the energy- and courage- to speak.

"I have known you only a short time, and yet ..." Trailing off, cheeks flushed, the Oni could only shake her head embarrassed, before eventually stating:

"Please do not die."
    If Sarada weren't so dark-skinned, Ishtar would have witnessed the Saiyan girl blush. Not out of embarrassment, as shame wasn't something a Saiyan was capable of feeling. Literally, even their tails didn't react in a situation when shame or embarrassment was a common response. The closest was a zig-zag pattern denoting irritation, or a twitch denoting annoyance; both proper responses for when a Saiyan was humiliated.

Neither were the proper response in this case, so her tail simply wrapped around her waist.

"I don't plan on it. Don't lose your arm again. I have plans for those fingers of yours." She winked.

Well, she was feeling more like her usual self more quickly than she figured.

"For some reason, my knowledge of the twenty-four hours surrounding this moment are ... lacking. Shame, that."
    "Eh." A sudden, but familiar voice rang in her head. "Zurvan?"

Yes, that was who it was. But, why would he be talking to her in her head, and what was he even talking about?

Sarada scratched her head idly before shrugging. Whatever it was about, it was going to have to wait until Fife was dealt with. Him having five dragonballs was enough of a headache to concern herself with without considering Ishtar's estranged 'father'.

Sarada was probably as surprised as anyone when Fife's mist suddenly turned into a giant blob of fluffy, pink... stuff that fell away, leaving the false god exposed. "He can't complete his spell if he can't talk. Rip his throat out!!" The Saiyan closed in on Fife, hands stretched out in front of her. A volley of blasts erupted from those hands, aimed not at Fife, but the dragonballs.

Her hope was to knock them away from him to buy them a little time.

As she closed in, she turned her head to where the Blood Moon was last located to see if it was still active. If it was, things were going to get very interesting.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Between Asha’rah and Charco, they manage to crush his throat badly, stopping the spell once more. In frustration, Fife TK grabs both, slams them together, and throws them down towards the rest of the group before flying higher to get away, the dragonballs trailing him.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

If Sarada weren't so dark-skinned, Ishtar would have witnessed the Saiyan girl blush. Not out of embarrassment, as shame wasn't something a Saiyan was capable of feeling. Literally, even their tails didn't react in a situation when shame or embarrassment was a common response. The closest was a zig-zag pattern denoting irritation, or a twitch denoting annoyance; both proper responses for when a Saiyan was humiliated.

Neither were the proper response in this case, so her tail simply wrapped around her waist.

"I don't plan on it. Don't lose your arm again. I have plans for those fingers of yours." She winked.

Well, she was feeling more like her usual self more quickly than she figured.

"Eh." A sudden, but familiar voice rang in her head. "Zurvan?"

Yes, that was who it was. But, why would he be talking to her in her head, and what was he even talking about?

Sarada scratched her head idly before shrugging. Whatever it was about, it was going to have to wait until Fife was dealt with. Him having five dragonballs was enough of a headache to concern herself with without considering Ishtar's estranged 'father'.

Sarada was probably as surprised as anyone when Fife's mist suddenly turned into a giant blob of fluffy, pink... stuff that fell away, leaving the false god exposed. "He can't complete his spell if he can't talk. Rip his throat out!!" The Saiyan closed in on Fife, hands stretched out in front of her. A volley of blasts erupted from those hands, aimed not at Fife, but the dragonballs.

Her hope was to knock them away from him to buy them a little time.

As she closed in, she turned her head to where the Blood Moon was last located to see if it was still active. If it was, things were going to get very interesting.
    It was destroyed in Skyfall.

The dragonballs stay the course and fly after Fife.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Between Asha’rah and Charco, they manage to crush his throat badly, stopping the spell once more. In frustration, Fife TK grabs both, slams them together, and throws them down towards the rest of the group before flying higher to get away, the dragonballs trailing him.
    Pausing in her attempt to finish healing the others, she says, "excuse me" then takes off into the air. As she flies after him, a dozen Ki discs hover around her like Asha'rah's orbs encircle her. Moving at high speed, she gets in close enough she sends the discs onward, taking the momentum and building on it, going even faster and going straight for him, ready to slice and dice.

Even as she attacks, she keeps flying after him.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-19-2018 at 09:37 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sasheem leaps from the water once again and stretches his arm around one of Fife's ankles. Instead of trying to pull the Namekian down, Sasheem let's himself be snapped upward, his fist drawn with a punch was aimed directly at Fife's knee.

Adam configures itself into a rocket, blasting upwards on stored heat and repulsor energy, chasing after Fife. It tracks every move the Namekian makes, every twitch, every microexpression, and just at the moment Fife becomes aware of the android, it leaps through time. "The Circle Screams!" Not going for Fife, going for the dragonballs. Adam grabs as many as it can, wrenching them away from each other, taking them into it's body.