Page 632 of 661 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 9901
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    "Those are not bad wishes," Slaks says. "The first two, at least. I have no idea how your people would manage a country."

Not well, he guesses.

"Most wishes are like that," Slak adds. "Even though wishes are inherently selfish, they usually boil down to very simple wants, just different ways of achieving happiness. There was someone who just wished to be taller. Just that."

Slak snorts.

"But it is for that reason that we allow the Dragon Balls to keep existing in spite of the danger they pose. People should be able to struggle towards their wishes. You just went about it the wrong way... and that is why your wish will not be granted."

It is harsh, but it is the truth.

"You probably don't want to hear this, but it is probably for the best. If you had revived your parents, and they saw what you had done, it would have hurt them for worse than their deaths did."

Slak pauses to gather his thoughts for a moment. He feels entirely too awkward. He is really no good at this. Elder Troppo always made it look so easy.

"However, that doesn't mean you can't see them again," he says. "As I am given to understand, the afterlife does actually exist. As you are now, you probably won't go to the same place as your parents, but... you still have time to change. At least, I think you do. Consider it. I do not wish the life I saved to go to waste."

With that Slak stands up and leaves.
    Willa looks down, shamed, saying nothing as Slak leaves.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"While you were defeating the parasite, I took the opportunity to look into his mind," Slak begins.

It occurs to him that he has gotten a bit too used to using his telepathy without consent during his time on Earth.

"That parasite was only one of many," he goes on. "I saw a red planet, a castle of stone. There were dozens of parasites there, all of them created by their master, a being of great power. They fought against Guardians and trapped them or killed them."

He directs his gaze at Meagan.

"I saw a Chromaki female fighting them, probably one of your planet's former guardians. I also saw a previous guardian of Earth. At some point, Fife must have noticed something was wrong. He went to the red planet to investigate, but was taken over by one of the parasites."

His gaze seeks Eva. "This may be cold comfort now, but he did not betray you. It was the parasite who slowly corrupted and killed him."

The real Fife had died before he ever met him.

"Regardless, it is clear that what happened on Earth is just part of something far greater."
    Eva nods, eyes tearing. Fife had been an enemy for so long, the idea that he hadn’t betrayed her was...too much. She quickly excuses herself.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    As the battles of the past began to become more and more distant, a feeling of ennui settled upon the Nevadian. What now?

Fife, and whatever lingered inside him had been destroyed in every sense of the word. The World had been saved, and the enemies who posed the greatest threat to them--the warriors who defeated Fife, and stood them in the tournament--had been captured, or killed. It had truly been a whirlwind week for the Nevadian, one of the more hectic, frantic scrambles, in recent memory.

But, it was just that. A memory.

Held had been commissioned to join out of necessity, and accepted out of obligation towards one who saved his life, and fondness for the planet he adopted years ago. Both debts had been repaid. Deals had been made and upheld on his end.

It was now time to make preparations to complete the deal on both ends.

The Nevadian wandered around the lookout, somewhat surprised to see so many unfamiliar faces, but it was hardly alarming. It was somewhat calming, a semblance of normalcy from the rest of the world infiltrating this world above the world.

It's so busy here today, It'll be a pain to find Jinzi, I bet....I'm not exactly in a rush, but it's best to get on the same page.......
    Jinzi sees him and moves toward him.

“We have some unfinished business.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "A minute of your time, if I may," Zaofan says with a respectful bow.

He looks at the holes in the dirt. "This flower bed has seen better days. I tried to make a beverage to bond with the others before the tournament. That... Didn't turn out so well."

"But, now that it's all over, I sense that my friends and I have grown considerably. But I sense that at least ten of them are now stronger than me. But I've seen them in action -- they're well cultivated. Spirited, full of fire and passion. And I hope to get stronger as well, not out of vanity, but to bloom like them. To keep ip and maybe be a part of their collective harvest."

Zaofan then bends down to start tending to the dirt. "I was hoping, Master Balon, if you could teach me even a little of the Dragon Style before we part ways. I can even fly you myself. Now, I do not exactly know what that would entail, but in all your years, you've seen some of the best fighters in the planet, of this generation. I believe I can keep using that power for good. And indeed, to use that power to help right Battersea's wrongs. Starting with you. You may have the dragon back, but your tutelage could do right by you by helping me prevent other Batterseas. There's a vacuum in power now, and I need to be ready to stop would-be terrors from taking his place."

Zaofan then stands up to look him right in the eyes. "May I come with you to train?"
    Balon nods.

“I would be honored to show you some of the Dragon style.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke pulled Kenshiko up by her shoulders. The strength he knew from training with her was still there, shown as she fought to follow him, reeling from his touch as she slowly found her feet.

Void the clinch, sink the stance, shift off-line and uproot...

Serving with the Red Raiders had hardened her still, the skills in every small movement sharper than he remembered, even in this condition. She would not be moved from this course so easily, even if it should lead her to fall.

“It's not too late. You can come back with me.”

After a struggle, reluctantly she suffered to lean on him for a time. Together they made dragged paces on the edge of the Lookout.

“Come back with you to what?”

In some small way he understood now what burden fell to her. In the role she took as Master, the trust put on her to lead and see her charge through must have weighed upon her constantly, and the faith of others that had once raised her up so easily became chains that weighed her down. Sergeant and Tiger alike, to nurture talent, one cannot take for granted those bonds formed. Watching those she'd trained fall to ruin must have been like sculpting from clay, only to watch it warp, chip and shatter there once tested in the fire. Yet dealing death this way did not numb her soul, only twist upon it when it was most vulnerable.

“Where the hell are we?”

“On top of the world.”

Walking on the edge over the sea of night clouds the former master leaned on her student. He had been her destroyer. Now he was all that stood before her and the Lookout's edge.

“You heard your Colonel, didn't you? You don't have to keep fighting. The Knife relieved Rautt of her command. It's over.”

She was silent, the fact washed over her as if it was a matter of course, as if he'd told her the sky was blue “What about it? As long as he's out there, so long as the Red Raiders still fight-”

“You heard her say it, it's over, Kenshiko! This leads nowhere!”

What is the worth of one's word without the strength or will to carry it through? What is the worth of one's soul if all her works had been brought to ruin? Even in this state, he could only begin to imagine the depths of his Kru's fall, but could see little other recourse to relieve her of her suffering.

He'd abandoned Aiko, and it was only by that memory she had of a Sensei she had taken him to be that she held fast to her dream for the future. The image in her mind gave her something to strive towards, a hope perhaps not so vain to escape the long shadow of the Crane's history. A lifetime ago, Kenshiko had given him a glimpse of the same. Perhaps if he raised her up, she'd remember herself the way he had known her. As he was able, Ochazuke would do right by them both; it was the only thing he could do.

“I'm not like either of you,” she said, “I don't have the luxury of quitting. I can't cut them out, I look out for my own!”

“And how will you do that now? You can barely stand. You won't be able to get beyond the Lookout. They won't let you leave here alive if you do this.”

“Then I'll die trying, why should that matter to you?!”

She stumbled and fell her weight against him. For a moment he forgot himself as he went to support her. So braced, she seized Ochazuke about the neck and the wound in her side screamed. She hadn't faltered, had she meant to strike at him? The posture was the same there, but her legs were deadened by the burden of pain, unable to raise their knees.

It was difficult for him to ascertain which was the worse betrayal, that of his support or of her skill for which her broken body refused to move, and so he found himself speechless. He slowly let her go, then, as Kenshiko limped a few steps toward her commanding officer.

“What are your orders Colonel,” she asked Willa, a short waver cracking in her voice, “Tell me like you always do. I told you not to trust Chris, he was outside our circle! But I'll still get you out of here, I owe you that much for giving me all of this!”

Chasing a familiar course, Kenshiko reached for an answer in denial, out of habit. Her vision had only brought her to ruin, so she'd put her hopes in another as she had for the last four years.

“We've gotten out of worse than this, you can still take the fight to him! Regroup with the Major! Then we can bring it all back to...to...“
    Willa steels herself, shaking offf her shame at Slak’s words and looking at her.

“I failed. I let Battersea in too much, let him corrupt my ideals. I thought I was using him , but in the end I lost sight and became him, lusting after power and ignoring those I should have trusted. I should have listened to you about Chris, about everything. But we aren’t finished yet.”

She stands, bound, beaten, but alive. She looks at Kenshiko, fire in her eyes.

“We lost, but we are not defeated. I lost my way, but I haven’t broken. My oldest friend and ally, I would ask you one more time to follow me. We cannot defeat those gathered here after everything. We will go with Pantaloon. He’ll take us and we shall be jailed. Charlie Base is still secure, Chris never knew where it was. Damask is still in play too. We shall gather our strength again, our true will, and when the time comes we shall be free again, and we will do things better. I swear this to you.”

She holds a bound hand out.

“One more time Sergeant, will you stand with me again?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"While you were defeating the parasite, I took the opportunity to look into his mind," Slak begins.

It occurs to him that he has gotten a bit too used to using his telepathy without consent during his time on Earth.

"That parasite was only one of many," he goes on. "I saw a red planet, a castle of stone. There were dozens of parasites there, all of them created by their master, a being of great power. They fought against Guardians and trapped them or killed them."

He directs his gaze at Meagan.

"I saw a Chromaki female fighting them, probably one of your planet's former guardians. I also saw a previous guardian of Earth. At some point, Fife must have noticed something was wrong. He went to the red planet to investigate, but was taken over by one of the parasites."

His gaze seeks Eva. "This may be cold comfort now, but he did not betray you. It was the parasite who slowly corrupted and killed him."

The real Fife had died before he ever met him.

"Regardless, it is clear that what happened on Earth is just part of something far greater."
    Betraying no emotion, Meaagan simply listened and took in the news. "Thank you, Slak for finding this information and sharing it with us. It seems my mission has expanded and has new urgency. If the Goddess is imprisoned, the one who has done this will pay a thousand deaths for a thousand years." Her hand clenched as she spoke.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Midori frowned, crossing her arms over her chest as Shiro said "That is very troubling information, Slak. But thank you for getting it and letting us know so that we can have some idea what we're preparing ourselves for."

Midori nodded in agreement, but asked "Though why is this 'Master' doing this? Is he just an overlord looking to take over the universe, or does he have another plan in mind?"
    "That I cannot tell. Though if he is targeting Guardians, I cannot imagine his intentions are remotely good."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It was about this time, Ishtar approached, and the information that was disclosed of this ... 'parasite' was one that left the Oni at a loss. In the end, Fife had never been the enemy, only a parasite in its shell. What is more, the parasite was merely the foot soldier of a greater presence, one that lurked within a castle sat upon a dying planet. It was a strange turn of events, added to an already stranger day. And in a way, it was almost frustrating.

Taking a moment both to steady herself, on new legs however; Ishtar simply focused on the information disclosed before asking a simple enough question.

"Did you see the stars hanging in the sky ? What of its sun ? What of its moon ?"

The questions seemed strange, and yet the golden-eyed Oni had spent more time than most present had been alive exploring the star-ways. Such information might prove useful in ascertaining its approximate location. Though to say that Ishtar herself intended to search out such a place was almost laughable. The task that had been asked of her by Evangeline was accomplished.

All the Oni wished for now, was to enjoy her temporary peace. And more importantly, to make good on the promises to Sarada.
    Slak closes his eyes and drags the memory to the forefront of his mind

"I saw a sun," he says. "The planet only had one, a dull red star."
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Sasheem continued to sleep, leaning over the edge of the lookout, his drool falling through the crowds below.

"That I cannot tell. Though if he is targeting Guardians, I cannot imagine his intentions are remotely good."

Slak closes his eyes and drags the memory to the forefront of his mind

"A Red Dwarf, one of the most common types of stars in the universe that are capable of having habitable planets in their solar systems. It is also one of the longest lived stars in the universe, so it is quite possible that this planet may be as ancient as the universe it's self for all we know. Still, it is something to start with."
    Last edited by Tami; 04-27-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Slak shakes his head again. "None that I could notice."
    "I see." Sarada sighed and unfolded her arms. If a Saiyan wasn't in danger, then she felt no real obligation to help with this. She had already gone out of her way to help Eva before. All the work she had gathered together in the last few days for this planet was done, so she felt that the best thing for her to do was to go home. The Saiyan race was woefully unprepared for Jagam.

She was woefully unprepared. That took precedence over everything else in her mind.

"Well, in that case, I see no reason for me to get involved. I still have training to do, plus I'd like to help the Saiyans get stronger before Jagam decides he wants to try and wipe us out for good. That takes precedence over everything else to me personally."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Slak closes his eyes and drags the memory to the forefront of his mind.

Ishtar considers the information offered 's moment, before nodding.

Of the two variants of red star that were known to the Oni, only one offered a darkling red light. Before Ishtar could offer her own insight on the matter however, the young Chromakian spoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "A Red Dwarf, one of the most common types of stars in the universe that are capable of having habitable planets in their solar systems. It is also one of the longest lived stars in the universe, so it is quite possible that this planet may be as ancient as the universe it's self for all we know. Still, it is something to start with."
    And in this could be found a boon of itself, really. Such a matter did not now hold the Oni's interest beyond the superficial, and if the much younger woman wished to assert herself in this; Ishtar did not see a reason at all to stop such a thing.

"Well. It would seem what little I might offer on this matter, is not required." The Oni offered then, with a small smile.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "I see." Sarada sighed and unfolded her arms. If a Saiyan wasn't in danger, then she felt no real obligation to help with this. She had already gone out of her way to help Eva before. All the work she had gathered together in the last few days for this planet was done, so she felt that the best thing for her to do was to go home. The Saiyan race was woefully unprepared for Jagam.

She was woefully unprepared. That took precedence over everything else in her mind.

"Well, in that case, I see no reason for me to get involved. I still have training to do, plus I'd like to help the Saiyans get stronger before Jagam decides he wants to try and wipe us out for good. That takes precedence over everything else to me personally."
    "There is still logic to the idea that your Guardian had also run afoul of this Master and his parasites. Even if there wasn't a chance that Lady Iris might still be alive, personally I would still wish to seek revenge and prevent him from harming others. Whatever his reason for doing so is, it obviously poses a threat to all worlds." Meagan shifted slight and took a step forward, "Still, I agree that it would be unwise to leave a planet in danger to fight an unknown enemy. Though my heart desires to go rescue Lady Iris, if it is possible to do so, my mind knows that before I can I first need to first protect my planet. Just as you wish to protect yours, Sarada."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar considers the information offered 's moment, before nodding.

Of the two variants of red star that were known to the Oni, only one offered a darkling red light. Before Ishtar could offer her own insight on the matter however, the young Chromakian spoke.

And in this could be found a boon of itself, really. Such a matter did not now hold the Oni's interest beyond the superficial, and if the much younger woman wished to assert herself in this; Ishtar did not see a reason at all to stop such a thing.

"Well. It would seem what little I might offer on this matter, is not required." The Oni offered then, with a small smile.
    Turning to Isthar, she gave her a smile, happy to see her healthy again, "Perhaps there might be away of narrowing down the location of this particular star. My knowledge of such things is relatively recent, something I learned from an encounter with an old Astronomer who was kind enough to take me in during a blizzard some time back. If you are better versed in this subject matter, then perhaps you might know a way to find it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Tasure had been about to respond to Sarada when she--as well as Karine and Totoma--had excused themselves to go listen to the Namekian. She'd remained nearby, listening in out of idle curiosity. Something about parasites and guardians and... whatever. Didn't really interest her. What piqued her interest was the mention of Jagam.

She had visited the other Riskbreakers on her way home--well, the ones that were on the way--and she had learned that the name of the sonuvabitch that had killed her, and nearly killed Toto, was... Jagam. Ah, so Sarada knew about him and was planning to face him.

Brave, but foolish. She had no idea what sort of trouble she was looking to face. No. Idea. At. All.

Tasure snorted dismissively. "Girl, I recognize your potential and bravery, but I hope you realize that it takes a Super Saiyan to handle a Super Saiyan. I'll admit, I'm not 100% sure, but he was holding back when he fought Toto and me ten years ago. Given his power, I, for one, assume that he can go gold."

She crossed her arms and leaned against a palm tree. "...I won't babysit you brats--if something you can handle shows up, I'll stand aside and maybe offer critique--because otherwise you won't grow, but if by some chance Jagam shows up, you will sit your asses on the sideline and let me handle him, am I clear? Not only do I have a score to settle, but I'm probably the only Saiyan alive that can actually contend with him..."

Her gaze locked on Totoma and she glowered. "Although if a certain halfbreed had kept up with his training and not cried over his dead mommy for ten years, we'd have a fighter capable of tearing Jagam a new asshole, even if I'm right and he is a Super Saiyan. Feh..."

Totoma shrank under her intense gaze, fidgeting uncomfortably. "I... I think you might be exaggerating, mom..."

"Don't. Contradict. Me. On. This." Tasure's anger at Totoma's self-doubt was almost palpable, and Totoma immediately shut his trap.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "There is still logic to the idea that your Guardian had also run afoul of this Master and his parasites. Even if there wasn't a chance that Lady Iris might still be alive, personally I would still wish to seek revenge and prevent him from harming others. Whatever his reason for doing so is, it obviously poses a threat to all worlds." Meagan shifted slight and took a step forward, "Still, I agree that it would be unwise to leave a planet in danger to fight an unknown enemy. Though my heart desires to go rescue Lady Iris, if it is possible to do so, my mind knows that before I can I first need to first protect my planet. Just as you wish to protect yours, Sarada."
    Sarada nodded, thankfully that she didn't have to explain herself any further. Out of everyone here who wasn't a Saiyan, Meagan probably understood where she was coming from the most. Her own planet was under siege by an invading force and she had taken it upon herself to protect them. While Sarada hadn't gone that far quite yet -- she still had a long way to go before she replaced Mato as the strongest Saiyan alive -- she was going to make it her goal to become strong enough to kill Jagam. With a clear goal in mind, added to the more relaxed environment of Earth and possibly Vocado in the near future, her strength should grow exponentially.

Hopefully quickly enough so that she could at least make Jagam sweat.

Throw in the likes of Mato, Queen Toma, Tasure, Maiz, and every other Super Elite, they would stand a good chance.

"Thanks for understanding. It sounds like a good fight, but I can't lose focus."

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Tasure had been about to respond to Sarada when she--as well as Karine and Totoma--had excused themselves to go listen to the Namekian. She'd remained nearby, listening in out of idle curiosity. Something about parasites and guardians and... whatever. Didn't really interest her. What piqued her interest was the mention of Jagam.

She had visited the other Riskbreakers on her way home--well, the ones that were on the way--and she had learned that the name of the sonuvabitch that had killed her, and nearly killed Toto, was... Jagam. Ah, so Sarada knew about him and was planning to face him.

Brave, but foolish. She had no idea what sort of trouble she was looking to face. No. Idea. At. All.

Tasure snorted dismissively. "Girl, I recognize your potential and bravery, but I hope you realize that it takes a Super Saiyan to handle a Super Saiyan. I'll admit, I'm not 100% sure, but he was holding back when he fought Toto and me ten years ago. Given his power, I, for one, assume that he can go gold."

She crossed her arms and leaned against a palm tree. "...I won't babysit you brats--if something you can handle shows up, I'll stand aside and maybe offer critique--because otherwise you won't grow, but if by some chance Jagam shows up, you will sit your asses on the sideline and let me handle him, am I clear? Not only do I have a score to settle, but I'm probably the only Saiyan alive that can actually contend with him..."

Her gaze locked on Totoma and she glowered. "Although if a certain halfbreed had kept up with his training and not cried over his dead mommy for ten years, we'd have a fighter capable of tearing Jagam a new asshole, even if I'm right and he is a Super Saiyan. Feh..."

Totoma shrank under her intense gaze, fidgeting uncomfortably. "I... I think you might be exaggerating, mom..."

"Don't. Contradict. Me. On. This." Tasure's anger at Totoma's self-doubt was almost palpable, and Totoma immediately shut his trap.
    Super Saiyan...

She swallowed shakily. No one really knew for certain just how powerful a Super Saiyan was. There had only been one or two in history. The general consensus was that going gold increased a Saiyans power by x50. A staggering number. Even someone like Jagam -- who had a PL of around 40,000 ten years ago -- would have a PL of 2,000,000 as a Super Saiyan. He could destroy the entire galaxy with that kind of power.

Still, she didn't let numbers scare her. It was a Saiyan's dream to battle a hyper strong opponent, and they didn't get any stronger than a Super Saiyan.

"There are over a hundred thousand Super Elites on Vocado right now," she replied with a heavy frown. "If we train them and give them a clear goal of becoming strong enough to at least make Jagam sweat individually, then we can possibly overwhelm him with numbers. It's our only hope. There isn't another Super Saiyan alive and there hasn't been since Vocado. So, unless you plan on wishing him back to life, this is the best we can do."

What other choice did they have?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!