Page 634 of 661 FirstFirst ... 134534584624630631632633634635636637638644 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 9901
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Nodding, she then looked bemused and curious,"Oh? So, what do your textbooks say about Chromakai?"
    "That you guys used to be warriors like us," Pinach started, looking down to remember what else he learned. "But then you became pacifists and gave up fighting each other."

"Also, you can manipulate the elec…tromag…netic spectrum! And you can become indivis… I mean invisible."

It was clear that the Saiyans stopped observing Chroma before the invasion happened. The new regime hadn't had the chance to revisit the planet and was ignorant of what was going on there.

"And you guys have colors for names, too. Like teal," Pinach added, pointing up to Meagan with a wide grin.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi sees him and moves toward him.

“We have some unfinished business.”
    Held chuckled slightly as Jinzi addressed him.

"Indeed we do. I have to say, you make these awkward conversations a lot more bearable with your tendency not to avoid them. I have to admire that."

It perhaps should have been expected from a businessman as experienced as Jinzi, but Held had seen much older, much more 'reputable' men do their best to avoid upholding the end of a deal, as if it were for their souls, and the ruler of the afterlife had come to collect.

"I'm not in a hurry exactly." Held explained, rubbing his chin, "But since we've saved the world and all that, there's only really one thing to get down to, isn't it?"

To prepare to return home.

"I imagine it will take a bit of time, huh?" he inquired, "Which isn't an issue. I suppose I should wrap up any loose ends I can while I'm here....Maybe try and take another cruise without this one going tit's up."

Not to mention I'll have to figure out my assests on earth, and am I going to transport them? I haven't even counted the raid haul, and earth isn't big enough for a galactic credit system, is it? We really need to get them registered with the merchants guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar blinked.

Zurvan speaking with people, was a thing she knew. He had said as much about speaking with, as he called them, 'the Bottomless Homunculus, Polite Sarada, and the Cookman'; yet he had said nothing of this Care-Nurse. Likely a thing that had slipped the Aspect's mind in light of the events of the day and yet ... it left Ishtar wholly unprepared for the blunt comment that followed the brief introduction.

... you have her scent lingering on you ...

"I ... yes. We touched briefly, earlier ... though I am sure this is about the ... kissing, and teasing ... and soon-to-be mating ?" The Oni replied, almost blurting it out, after a moment of sputtering.

"Oh. Also. It is, nice to meet you, Maiz."
    "Mm."

If Maiz was disturbed at hearing of her ward teasing and kissing this woman, she didn't show it. Then again, this was old news dating back years.

"Likewise, Ishtar. I must admit to being… surprised at my ward's choices in bedmates. An Earther man and a woman whose apparent age skews far higher than what I've determined her tastes to be."

If Maiz new that Ishtar was far older than she was, then she decided to not to say. Though, it was obvious that she knew there was much more to the blue woman than was outwardly evident.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "That you guys used to be warriors like us," Pinach started, looking down to remember what else he learned. "But then you became pacifists and gave up fighting each other."

"Also, you can manipulate the elec…tromag…netic spectrum! And you can become indivis… I mean invisible."

It was clear that the Saiyans stopped observing Chroma before the invasion happened. The new regime hadn't had the chance to revisit the planet and was ignorant of what was going on there.

"And you guys have colors for names, too. Like teal," Pinach added, pointing up to Meagan with a wide grin.
    "And your names sound like food, almost makes me hungry." She laughed a little, "I didn't know the Sayian education system was so advanced. Let you in on something you can take back to school if you like. Not all Chromakai can turn invisible, only about 10% can. Another 10% can alter colors and hide like chameleons. And then there are the 10% that can create illusions."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Eventually the teenager's body got restless, lacking the exhaustion currently weighing down on his brain. Perhaps it was best to not dwell on those issues for now and use this opportunity to correct the issues he had found in himself the last few fights.

Climbing to his feet, Charco glanced out to the others, looking for a few in particular. For now he needed the advice of Totoma, Ishtar, and Ochazuke, and so, he would seek out the latter most first.
    In the aftermath of his reunion, however long that brief moment lasted, Ochazuke turned from the edge of the Lookout and from the path of his fallen master. Deep within the foundation of the building following steps down where they were held suspended from the slats of the white wall, with a trick of angles hiding the construction might suggest one was descending on floating platforms as they moved inward to the heart of the complex.

Within one of many simple white rooms the harsh sound of dedicated breath preceded the drop of thunder and shake of wind, footfalls shocking as they pressed into punches.

Despite the fight they'd won, he'd find no victory tonight, and rest would not find him and he spent it training execution. Hands started folded in front before he pivot back, twist around, dropping his foot to landing at the exact moment his fist cast out, synchronous in the harmony of its violence. Examination of the technique, feeling the moment of it and realizing each minute error, the smallest step towards perfection. It was not enough to be adequate. Turning about to the neutral stance once more, he turned about in the opposite direction and struck the air again, seeking to engineer the single, perfect strike.
    Last edited by grampagen; 04-27-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "And your names sound like food, almost makes me hungry." She laughed a little, "I didn't know the Sayian education system was so advanced. Let you in on something you can take back to school if you like. Not all Chromakai can turn invisible, only about 10% can. Another 10% can alter colors and hide like chameleons. And then there are the 10% that can create illusions."
    Rutaba hastily pulled out small holographic tablet and recorded what Meagan had just told her. "Apparently, the Academy in the past only worried about Saiyan history," Pinach explained. "But, when King Mato took over, he revamped everything, so us kids are a lot smarter than the adults." He nodded to himself.

"See, old geezers like Sarada don't know anything hardly. Heehee, I'm surprised she can even read. The academy back then was so terrible!" Rutaba finished writing and slipped her tablet back into her jacket pocket. "Can we visit Chroma some time in the future? We really like visiting other planets."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It made sense in a way for that to be the first matter touched on, Ishtar noted.

Considering that the Saiyan had been dead until recently, it was likely somewhat concerning to see a- former- tender of the Endless Garden, and Shepherd of the Lost Souls, wandering around atop the Lookout with the living. Though the comment itself was an interesting one, the avoidance of actually speaking its name, not lost on the golden-eyed Oni.

"The Afterlife ? One supposes. Though such a place is ... not what I would consider to be home. It has been ... a very long time, since last I saw the place. To say I am similar to those you know is also ... not accurate."

The subject changed quickly however, back to the initial comment that started the conversation off; and for that Ishtar found herself somewhat relieved. And there was definitely truth in what was said about the age of those assembled, and with a nod the golden-eyed Oni agreed to as much before moving on. "You are all young, yes. As to what was taught to Totoma ... a method to counter the racial hunger that is third only to the desires of mating, and fighting."

Pausing a moment, Ishtar considered her words carefully before explaining how exactly she went about this.

"In short, I ... showed the boy how to subsist on nothing more than water. Which required the boy to learn how to convert the water into energy .. I did this by filling him with such until the only option was to do so, or die." A massive compression of the lesson as it had been learned by Ishtar, herself, but one that had yielded results far faster. Several months of meditation in a river, compressed into the span of a few hours.

"Other mentors, however ? ... Perhaps Ochazuke. The man offered Totoma relationship advice, as I understand it ... and also punched him in the face. A lot ? Yes .. knowing Ochazuke, it was a lot."

If anything her 'brother', was predictable in that facet. Unyielding progress through the labors of combat.
    Tasure listened to Ishtar, wearing the trademark Saiyan poker face. This oni claimed to be different from the Oni she'd become familiar with in the afterlife, and from the faint... something... bubbling beneath the surface that Tasure could feel, she was inclined to believe her.

When she described the... training she'd given her boy, Tasure felt slightly dismayed. Sure, Totoma was a quick study--especially under pressure--but hearing the 'or die' part still didn't sit well with her, as a mother. Still, Totoma was alive, and apparently had internalized the lesson on how to... not eat as much? Or at all?

"I see. Hm, well, for the males, it's usually fighting, then eating, and then, a distant, distant third... mating. For female... 'bout even, I'd say. Depends on the individual. For Toto..."

She glanced over at Totoma, who wasn't paying attention at all and instead was back to stealing glances at his mate, with his tail doing that metronome-wag. "...well, now it's just mating and fighting."

"And... Ochazuke, is it? Relationship advice and punching... on Vacado, those might as well be one and the same," said Tasure, with a wry smirk. "I'm glad he's found mentors, though. Especially in his relationships. Can you believe he and Karine haven't mated yet? I... I just don't get it."

Good. Tasure was on board. They were going to need her strength and influence to whip the Super Elites into even better shape than they already were in. "Hmph. I wouldn't count on becoming a Super Saiyan before me. I may be weaker than you now, but considering how much stronger I've become in just a week, I'll probably be stronger than you in just a year or so."

She smirked.

Wait, how much stronger was she? She hadn't thought to check her power level after it was certain all the fighting was over. She felt a lot more powerful, but she wanted an exact number.

"550?" The Capsule Corps scouter didn't lie. She had a power level of 550. In just a few days, she went from 50 to 550. It was too unreal for words. "I'm an Elite," she muttered shakily.

She flinched when she felt a firm hand on her shoulder. "Don't embarrass yourself, child. You've done better than I thought you would but you still have a long way to go." Despite the firmness in her words, there was a smile on her lips.

Sarada returned the smile. "I know. I think I'll stay here for a few more months and train. The Super Elites won't be too impressed with a power level that's barely above half their own."

"A sound idea. At this rate, you may be a Super Elite yourself by the time you come back."

Well, there was an idea she wasn't at all opposed to.
    "Maybe you will, maybe you won't," said Tasure. "But if I had to guess... at your current rate... hm..."

She rubbed her chin, thinking. "...I'd say it would take you about five and a half years to reach my current level, give or take a half-year. 'course, that's not taking into account tougher training than you've gotten or particularly grueling battles, so... we'll see?"
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Rutaba hastily pulled out small holographic tablet and recorded what Meagan had just told her. "Apparently, the Academy in the past only worried about Saiyan history," Pinach explained. "But, when King Mato took over, he revamped everything, so us kids are a lot smarter than the adults." He nodded to himself.

"See, old geezers like Sarada don't know anything hardly. Heehee, I'm surprised she can even read. The academy back then was so terrible!" Rutaba finished writing and slipped her tablet back into her jacket pocket. "Can we visit Chroma some time in the future? We really like visiting other planets."
    "Ah...." Meagan hesitated in thought, "well, someday. Might take a awhile. My people are sort of involved in something right now, so it's not quite ready yet for tourists. When that day comes, I'll find a way to contact you and invite you over to visit."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    In the aftermath of his reunion, however long that brief moment lasted, Ochazuke turned from the edge of the Lookout and from the path of his fallen master. Deep within the foundation of the building following steps down where they were held suspended from the slats of the white wall, with a trick of angles hiding the construction might suggest one was descending on floating platforms and moved inward to the heart of the complex.

Within one of many simple white rooms the harsh sound of dedicated breath preceded the drop of thunder and shake of wind, footfalls shocking as they pressed into punches.

Despite the fight they'd won, he'd find no victory tonight, and rest would not find him and he spent it training execution. Hands started folded in front before he pivot back, twist around, dropping his foot to landing at the exact moment his fist cast out, synchronous in the harmony of its violence. Examination of the technique, feeling the moment of it and realizing each minute error, the smallest step towards perfection. It was not enough to be adequate. Turning about to the neutral stance once more, he turned about in the opposite direction and struck the air again, seeking to engineer the single, perfect strike.
    If Charco hadn't been so scatterbrained, he might have searched within the lookout's structures first, but eventually he would find the one he sought.

He wasn't one to pry in another's business, yet he was familiar with this scene; escaping the turmoil of one's mind through the body. The two of them had found themselves at the same solution to their issues. Although perhaps a bit exploitative, this might make his request to the other easier, as it would give both of them a distraction.

He didn't bother hiding his approach, but then again, stealth was far from his expertise. Bare feet padded across the cool floor, the boy was still clad in the ruined clothing he had worn through the gauntlets of grueling battles of the tournament as he approached Ochazuke. Unsure of how to address the other, he simply cleared his throat, hoping it would be enough to grab his attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    If Charco hadn't been so scatterbrained, he might have searched within the lookout's structures first, but eventually he would find the one he sought.

He wasn't one to pry in another's business, yet he was familiar with this scene; escaping the turmoil of one's mind through the body. The two of them had found themselves at the same solution to their issues. Although perhaps a bit exploitative, this might make his request to the other easier, as it would give both of them a distraction.

He didn't bother hiding his approach, but then again, stealth was far from his expertise. Bare feet padded across the cool floor, the boy was still clad in the ruined clothing he had worn through the gauntlets of grueling battles of the tournament as he approached Ochazuke. Unsure of how to address the other, he simply cleared his throat, hoping it would be enough to grab his attention.
    Each part of the practice was prepared in a portion.

Shoshin the initiation flowing from a lack of preconception. Anything could happen, conflict can start suddenly. Accepting this the fighter can respond intuitively to the next stage.

Mushin the mind without thought, bereft of emotional tenseness. With knowledge of his goal, through muscle memory the rehearsed routine of kata exploded into reflexive bunkai, the will to fight manifest and struck out all by itself.

Zanshin the awareness in the remainder. Striking through the invisible opponent, he twisted his knotted knuckles, held firm, prepared to face the consequences and see what might come.

His fist barreled a straight line toward Charco where he'd entered the chamber. Ochazuke's eyes held fast, staring unblinking, unspoken fury through him as he remained yet on guard.

"You did well today," he said, acknowledging the teen even as he turned his back to him, resetting his posture to the initial phase, "A man who must claim he is King denies his claim even as the words leave his mouth."

Throwing his hand back swiftly once more, the punch came again, swifter, sharper, with less drag in the impact.

"But desperation makes reckless fools of us all. That's been especially true for many of us lately."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held chuckled slightly as Jinzi addressed him.

"Indeed we do. I have to say, you make these awkward conversations a lot more bearable with your tendency not to avoid them. I have to admire that."

It perhaps should have been expected from a businessman as experienced as Jinzi, but Held had seen much older, much more 'reputable' men do their best to avoid upholding the end of a deal, as if it were for their souls, and the ruler of the afterlife had come to collect.

"I'm not in a hurry exactly." Held explained, rubbing his chin, "But since we've saved the world and all that, there's only really one thing to get down to, isn't it?"

To prepare to return home.

"I imagine it will take a bit of time, huh?" he inquired, "Which isn't an issue. I suppose I should wrap up any loose ends I can while I'm here....Maybe try and take another cruise without this one going tit's up."

Not to mention I'll have to figure out my assests on earth, and am I going to transport them? I haven't even counted the raid haul, and earth isn't big enough for a galactic credit system, is it? We really need to get them registered with the merchants guild.
    Jinzi nods.

“Four to six months for my best spaceship. I’ve got to build one for you and one for Meagan. Is that acceptable?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Willa smiles at Kenshiko and nods, thankful.

Once Jinzi is done with Held, he walks over and nods to the two women.

“It’s time. I’ll transport you to the nearest WG Police HQ, let them deal with you. For what it’s worth, I know the WG failed you. Treated you poorly and lied about a lot of what happened at Vermillion and at other places. I’ll do what I can so you have a fair trial. I won’t just let them railroad you, but you will be judged for tour crimes. I’ll recommend leniency for what it counts for.”

Willa nods, the restraints on her keeping her ki in check. Kenshiko is also placed in ki binders (Jinzi having acquired a few pairs from Galaxy Police back in the day).

He escorts the two women to the battered transport, Chou opting to go with him just in case.

Before he leaves, Chou offers everyone a simple goodbye. Now free of his dark side and having laid to rest his debt to Kami, he intends to go visit his circus friends and family, maybe settle down now.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi nods.

“Four to six months for my best spaceship. I’ve got to build one for you and one for Meagan. Is that acceptable?”
    Held nodded, smiling as he did.

"I've done three years on this place, six months isn't anything to lose sleep over. It gives me time to think, anyways."

Meagan, huh? I guess it makes sense. She did mention her planet was under occupation or something, when we spoke to the Dragon.

"Still, I know I've said it before, but thanks again, Jinzi. It's a bit of an imposition, I know, but I don't have many other options at this point."

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Held nodded, smiling as he did.

"I've done three years on this place, six months isn't anything to lose sleep over. It gives me time to think, anyways."

Meagan, huh? I guess it makes sense. She did mention her planet was under occupation or something, when we spoke to the Dragon.

"Still, I know I've said it before, but thanks again, Jinzi. It's a bit of an imposition, I know, but I don't have many other options at this point."
    “Trust me, I don’t mind. In fact, if you need to you can stay at Capsule Corp for the duration if you’d like. I’ve got plenty of room.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Each part of the practice was prepared in a portion.

Shoshin the initiation flowing from a lack of preconception. Anything could happen, conflict can start suddenly. Accepting this the fighter can respond intuitively to the next stage.

Mushin the mind without thought, bereft of emotional tenseness. With knowledge of his goal, through muscle memory the rehearsed routine of kata exploded into reflexive bunkai, the will to fight manifest and struck out all by itself.

Zanshin the awareness in the remainder. Striking through the invisible opponent, he twisted his knotted knuckles, held firm, prepared to face the consequences and see what might come.

His fist barreled a straight line toward Charco where he'd entered the chamber. Ochazuke's eyes held fast, staring unblinking, unspoken fury through him as he remained yet on guard.

"You did well today," he said, acknowledging the teen even as he turned his back to him, resetting his posture to the initial phase, "A man who must claim he is King denies his claim even as the words leave his mouth."

Throwing his hand back swiftly once more, the punch came again, swifter, sharper, with less drag in the impact.

"But desperation makes reckless fools of us all. That's been especially true for many of us lately."
    "Yeah..." The word lingered in the air as he was unable to add much more to that. Ochazuke's words were true, for the group had been reckless fools; he included. The next few moments of awkward silence were spent watching the other punch the air, each time gathering more and more information on how to better throw the next one. Again, it was something he was used to from his own training.

But learning how to punch wasn't the reason he came here.

"I was a reckless fool today... even more so than usual." He admitted, figuring there was no use in sugar coating things around Ochazuke, "I went beyond the limits this time, and found myself in a place I shouldn't have wandered into so aimlessly."

Even now he was uncertain if he had fallen unconscious during that time, or if he had truly died in that moment.

"That place I wandered into is one you and Jack are more familiar with. While Jack's Dead Hand, as he calls it, drives him to an early grave with each use, you navigate the line between life and death more efficiency. That is why I wish to ask for your advice on the matter."