Page 649 of 661 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 9901

Default Timeskip: Eater of Swords, Part One

Two Months Since The Defeat Of Fife

On the outskirts west of Brick City lie thick jungles, kept at bay from civilization through use of concrete, steel, and asphalt. It was in these jungles that the ruins of the Dino School's only temple remain, slowly but surely being claimed by nature once more. The humidity in the air clung to all things like a wet veil, making one's moments sluggish as the body burned through more energy trying to regulate internal temperature. It was in these conditions that Charco had lived in, grown in, struggled, worked, trained in, and just a week prior, 17 years ago, he had been birthed in.

The sticky sweat that had clung to his flesh was washed away with the cold waters of a nearby spring as he dove in, content to relax in it after a long day of training. Emerging from it, he ran a hand through his wet hair, slicking it back and away from his eyes where it would otherwise obscure his vision to like a clinging blindfold. A long drawn-out sigh came from his mouth, first from content, then as his day's training began to take its toll.

The memory of his time with the goddess and the others had grown to feel like a far distant memory despite how recently those events had occurred. At times, he wondered if it had all been just a pleasant dream. In comparison, life had returned to what could be considered "peaceful" for one such as he, save for the several arguments he had with his parents upon his return which had led to him to moving in with Tyranno-sensei. His actions during the tournament, broadcast across the globe, no doubt had painted him in a not-so-pleasant light in their eyes, deepening the already vast chasm his "hobby" brought between them. Figuring he was already a lost cause to them, he had dropped the charade of going to school and trying to be normal. He didn't regret his decisions, which he found to be the best for all involved, yet he would be a fool to deny that it still didn't weigh heavily on him. It still stung that he had yet receive a call from them since the day he stormed out, as if they had long forgotten his existence. With a growl of annoyance, he slammed his hand against the water, splashing it in all directions and doing nothing more than drenching him once more. He wasn't going to get anywhere in his training if he was going to dwell on trivial issues.

Those thoughts were immediately halted as he felt... something. It felt like a ki signature, but it felt weird, foreign, as if it was something similar to life energy, yet operated in a slightly different way. Turning, he found someone approaching the clearing in which housed the spring he was in. He could hear the soft chimes of boots spurs, the jangling of a wallet chain, the gleam of various metal bracelets, entwined with others made of leather and bead, and could smell the leather of the jacket the man wore despite the environment. Sweat clung the man's skin, on which tattoos peeked from otherwise concealing clothing, and beads ran down the asymmetrically shaven side of his head, with the other side consisting of long locks of black hair that clung to his face.

"Yo." The man said in greeting.

Climbing out of the water, Charco faced the man, knowing that very few people were foolish to wander these jungles without a good reason. "Who are you?"

The man paused before chuckling, "Not very friendly, are you?" The boy's eyes narrow slightly, "That doesn't answer my question." The man shrugged in defeat, relenting to the questioning, "I guess you could call me a drifter, although it's a side gig I've picked up."

"If drifting is your side gig, what's the main one?" The man smirked, "That one is a bit trickier to answer. I've been called many things: hero, savior, tyrant, demon, warehouse associate, douchebag, but I simply prefer the title of a swordsman."

"So what brings a swordsman like you here?" Charco asked, his body making the tiny adjustments needed to be ready should this growing tension boil over into conflict.

"The same thing you want. A worthy challenge to sharpen my skills." Before the man a purple cloud of ki manifested and from it came a sword that appeared to be made from bits and pieces of other swords. Catching it in a reverse grip, the drifter took a casual stance. "I trust you won't object to that?"

Charco smiled back in response, his chi flowing freely throughout his body, "Since you asked nicely, sure, why not." And with that, both men lunged at each other.

Default Rewind: Charco

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco was silent for some time after Ochazuke's explanation and demonstration. One could say they would imagine the gears grinding against each other in his head, as that one saying went. Then, the boy suddenly rose to feet, a small nod indicating that he had came to a conclusion.

"I was mistaken." He confessed, "I had previously thought this technique was the complete opposite of what the Dino School practiced. Now, I believe that is only true if you look at it from the surface."

Instinct is very important to him to those of his school. Trusting what has ensured their survival for countless generations,they had become vulnerable to that little death. If given the choice between fight or flight, they would default to fight like a wounded, cornered beast without question, yet also without sense.

"As you said, I must embrace my instincts, but I must not be a slave to them. I must overcome those natural impulses and see what path lies ahead of me in that moment and become the master of that path."

Vague, hazy memories of him striking Battersea came to mind.

"I will need to start all over with the basics if I am to succeed. I have let the words of others in my school guide me for too long that I have forgotten the ground beneath my feet."
    Ochazuke lift a finger before him, point straight at Charco in a direct and very familiar posture seen countless times in their battles.

"Don't believe, Charco. Know."

He made his statement in a near bellow. There in the extension there was no killer intent present, only the hard, unyielding declaration of his words as they echoed through the hollow, white room. But when Charco had stated his intentions, the near accusatory gesture softened, and he received a nod in return.

"Today you've seen the nadir of a path that leads nowhere," he said, "Yet knowing the bottom, there is no other course but ascension."

He fell his arms to his sides. Falling into the horse stance, he raised them up, and began to throw punches to sculpt perfect form as he had did before.

"For the initiated, there is no new beginning in the martial arts, only those who are uncommitted and the reexamined. It is not the number of techniques you know, but those brought to proficiency that matter."

Knowing one's limits and striving to the greatest heights within them was the mark of ambition towards mastery. His counsel concluded, Ochazuke buried himself in this work, knowing full well Charco's nature was much the same. A teacher can only show you the way; it is up to you to do right by them and carry them forward, a thought that echoed in his mind with every word spoken here.

Default Rewind: Ochazuke

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke lift a finger before him, point straight at Charco in a direct and very familiar posture seen countless times in their battles.

"Don't believe, Charco. Know."

He made his statement in a near bellow. There in the extension there was no killer intent present, only the hard, unyielding declaration of his words as they echoed through the hollow, white room. But when Charco had stated his intentions, the near accusatory gesture softened, and he received a nod in return.

"Today you've seen the nadir of a path that leads nowhere," he said, "Yet knowing the bottom, there is no other course but ascension."

He fell his arms to his sides. Falling into the horse stance, he raised them up, and began to throw punches to sculpt perfect form as he had did before.

"For the initiated, there is no new beginning in the martial arts, only those who are uncommitted and the reexamined. It is not the number of techniques you know, but those brought to proficiency that matter."

Knowing one's limits and striving to the greatest heights within them was the mark of ambition towards mastery. His counsel concluded, Ochazuke buried himself in this work, knowing full well Charco's nature was much the same. A teacher can only show you the way; it is up to you to do right by them and carry them forward, a thought that echoed in his mind with every word spoken here.
    He nodded in response, "Thank you for guiding me. I hope the next time we meet, we will have both progressed down our individual paths."

With that said, Charco left Ochazuke to his training once more, eager to begin his own once more.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she walked, Meagan heard and sensed movement behind her. Then she sensed something moving quickly towards her from the tree above. There was a slashing sound as a blade moved quickly through the air....

Thanks to he near daily time in the White Room, training against nearly everyone she has ever known or met, as well as her training with Eva that helped heighten her senses, it should be no surprise that Meagan dodge this attack. What was a surprise was who she saw when her attacker revealed herself.

There was no doubt about it, the woman who now faced her bore an uncanny resemblance to Chris the Knife, so much so that Meagan was certain there was a family relationship.

The woman twirled her blade in her hand, then again she moved in for the kill, her blade being met with empty air. As she stumbled slightly to regain her balance, an invisible arm wrapped around her neck, pulling her head back while another twisted her blade arms behind her til the mystery assassin felt the tip of her own blade biting into her spine.

Meagan then spoke to her, "Name yourself and your purpose, do that and I may let you live."

The woman struggled against Meagan's choke hold, until finally her resistance weakened.

"They call me Katrina of the Long Blade."

Meagan pulled harder on her, the tip of the blade digging deeper into her back, "Your purpose, why did you attack me?"

The woman struggled to breath until Meagan loosened her grip ever so slightly, just enough for Katrina to talk

"Two messages, one from Chris the Knife, that he hasn't forgotten." the women's voice suddenly tinged in anger, "The other from me, Jinzi is mine. I will kill any women who tries to steal him from me."

Meagan suddenly flashed on the image of the scar Jinzi showed her earlier, and her own voice got lower with anger, "Jinzi let you off too easy last time. I won't be so kind." with a sudden movement, she knocked Katrina unconscious, letting her body drop to the ground.

Checking to make sure she was still alive, She was about to take Katrina as a prisoner when a small explosion unleashed a cloud of gas that both blinded her and made it hard to breath. When she was finally able to see again, the woman's body was gone. Now visible, Meagan scanned the area, but could no longer find any trace of Katrina's Ki.

Taking to the air, she looked around and still could not find any trace of her. Meagan then turned to look in the direction of Capsule Corps.

"Lady Evangeline," she mentally called out to the Guardian, "Something happened, I'll be a little late getting back. I will tell you all about it when I do." She then flew back down to the Capsule Corps building, landing at the entrance she called inside fro Jinzi or anyone else there who was still awake.
    I understand. Be safe. Eva replies.

After a few moments, a groggy Jinzi shows up.

“Meagan? What’s wrong?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "There's little else I can think of here on this wonderful blue planet," she said, her words sharp with a hint of mocking. "So many problems on the surface and the Federation still wants to reach out and spread it to the galaxy, it's a sick joke."

The name of her disowned pupil did not go unheard. She fell silent for a moment, the low trill of the transport's instruments interrupted only by a deep sigh.

"It's a disappointment is what it is," she said, "can't even fight for what he believes, now he can barely speak to it. Too little, too late here, at the end."

"So we're on the same page here after all, and there are no saints even here in this little patch of heaven on top of the world," Kenshiko replied, "the way your men attacked, some fool might've figured it was retribution. Some comfort. turns out it's less a divine calling, at that."

She heard his dissertation.

"Honor among thieves? Here's another cliche: We reap what we sow. What's a few million out of the fat hand that controls billions? Just another inconvenient problem to be swept away and ignored. Doesn't feel pleasant to step on a nail, does it? But there'll be hell to pay so long as someone's watching."

She swept the sweat-slick fringe out of her eyes. "One more: To the victor go the spoils. Another little convenience of absolution. So long as you have your prize, by right of conquest, it's a clear conscience. You took your bones from us. We took it from some other fatcat like Pantaloon. They took it from some backwater they can exploit because they can't fight back."

Resting her weight on her shoulder upon the wall, she shift herself toward Held and faced him down.

"To change this world, the system that treads on others must be uprooted. Revolutions are an ugly craft, but the truth is something that lasts forever. Sacrifice is necessary for things to change, and no price is too high to pay for a dream."

She shook her head.

"Those were the Colonel's words. I believed in them once," Kenshiko said wistfully. The small smile roused on her lips fell as she fell her head back, her throat exposed to the shadows of the craft. "Do you think your plunder, your ill-gotten gains are absolved of the bloodshed just because we were on opposite sides of the battlefield? Render your justice from this while you count your fat stacks."
    “Please.”

Jinzi says, leaning against the doorway.

“You talk big but the truth is my money is clean and earned the right way. Yeah, I’ve gotten rich off of my inventions but they in turn have changed the world for the better, hell poverty is almost non existent thanks to Capsule technology. But sure, steal from me and it’s ok. So what. So what about the thousands that nearly died on the Capsule of the World? No cost to high, huh? Just like the World Government says right? How very humanitarian of you. I spend billions making a geofront to protect people from harm, all free of cost and out of pocket, but sure, it’s ok to steal from me because I’m the bad guy monster billionaire fatcat, right?”

Jinzi huffs and leads Willa inside, locking her into a chair after making sure her ki binders were affixed tightly.

“The truth is I’ve done more good in this world then you ever have, will, or could, and all without stopping to your level. You revolutionary types are all the same, all talk but no game. Break the system but don’t offer anything in its place. I prefer to fix it from within, but I suppose the less copious amounts of bloodshed and opportunities to loot from people turns you off, hmm?”

He looks at a Held.

“I’ll pay you in echange for whatever monetary loot you got from them, and I’ll make sure whatever valuables you give to me will go back to their owners. No blood money for the good Sergeant to concern herself with.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Approx (???)

As Ishtar resisted the Call of Ilargi, by catching small glimpses of the world, training with Tasure, and spent as much time with Sarada- be it by training, mating, or at times ... both- as possible ... the Oni had used what little free time she allowed herself to improve her understanding of magic, and the nature of her Sij. The latter had come first, of course, though it was a task that did not consume much in the way of time.

What Zurvan knew truly, was far less than Ishtar had been lead to believe.

And so after consuming, digesting, and eventually accepting that information; the Oni had moved on to the gift given by Evangeline:

The Grimiore of the Coven of Grey Thorns.

A tome full of the dark insight of the cult that had first been made known during the third day of their tutelage under Kami. And while it had merely been a dream .. a mental battlefield created for the purpose of safe training in that queer White Gold Room; Ishtar had found herself curious about the truths of those cultists responsible for the summoning of a Tulpa. A Daemonic Thought-form thought-form given life, and the strength of will to exist, and think, and act of its own accord. Yet the Oni had found herself stymied in her quest for information until, by luck, Shimmer provided access to the secret island reliquary of Fife; and in finding the Dragonball the golden-eyed Oni had found the source of the ... Consumed Guardian's ... insight into the spells known only by the Coven.

And as the Oni slowly began to work her way through the tome, the long-forgotten magicks of the Coven of Grey Thorns was revealed to her.

It was not long, before the spell that had been used to seal away the young Evangeline had been found. And it was only a short time after that Ishtar found herself able to cast such a thing herself. Knowledge as to the nature of the Crystal Spire that the Parasite had used to seal them away after the use of Skyfall, was also found ... yet it was in the end, beyond her. Beyond her, too, were a plethora of other spells. Dark, and twisted versions of Vitalmancy ... and even darker, and more twisted curses ... to say nothing of the summoning spells ... and in the end, Ishtar came to understand that what this Coven was, or rather, what it had been ... was nothing more than monsters, in the guise of men.

Yet there was one more spell, the Oni found she had the skill to learn. And so it was on a day nearing the third month Ishtar had tarried on Earth, that the golden-eyed Oni's studies came to fruition.

---

When the time came to perform the summoning ritual, Ishtar stole away to the Derelict Armory.

Now that the nearby storeroom was long since empty- quickly picked through as it had been by Sasheem, and the Saiyans- it was unlikely that anyone would disturb her for the duration of her task. What is more, the, while covered with detritus; was a thing that had close walls and only one exit. Should something go amiss, it would be easy to put an end to what might be summoned.

And in the end, what was required was surprisingly little. Or so it said in the Coven's Old Grimoire.

Of Summoning

... To give shape to thought, and flesh to shadow; a contract must be signed. To shape the shadows, a strong will is required. To coat bone in flesh, an offering of blood must be made. Yet giving form, and flesh, is not nearly enough. For a Daemon cares not for the ephemeral. To give life to the Tulpa, to command a Daemon of Ancient of Might ... an offering of great power is required ...

Listed too, were two methods of summoning for this particular spell. Yet the first had been immediately ruled out; Psychic Spellcasting. A thing that had been done by the mysterious, faceless leader of the original Coven, and a thing the Parasite had been capable of .. yet Ishtar herself was not one with the innate gift, nor was she strong enough to force the issue. So it was the latter method to be used in this. A runic summoning circle, imbued with the Oni's own life-force. There had been a few notes scribbled on the bottoms of the page ... yet it seemed to be nothing more than an offering of an idea on the shape of a creature ... some form of many-angled aberration, akin to the creature that Ishtar had first been acquainted with in the White Gold Room.

Yet the Oni had her own ideas as to the shape of the creature she intended to summon and bind.

So after a moment's consideration to cement the idea in her head, and several more minutes worth of slow and deliberate fashioning of the required summoning circle, Ishtar cut herself open and used her blood to trace the outline of the circle. Only to then pause, and offer an apology telepathically to Sarada, as the sting of the self-inflicted injury passed from the Oni to her Saiyan lover.

"I am sorry for the momentary pain, Sarada. I am ... in the process of ... something. When it is finished, I will show you, yes ?

When the golden-eyed Oni was then satisfied with the result of the circle and the amount of blood for the 'offering', she then pressed a hand to the center of the circle. And settling in to turn her thoughts to the shape to the soon-to-be Tulpa, Ishtar imbued the circle with the power to give the Ancient Daemon, life.

Yet there was ... nothing, for several moments.

So the Oni offered more power.

Yet still, there was nothing.

... So the golden-eyed Oni offered more.

And then, finally, the blood-stained circle began to glow, each of the strange runes lighting slowly, counter-clockwise. So Ishtar waited, and kept her thoughts focused on summoning the Daemon she hoped for, offering a few words- as they had been noted- to assist.

"Vestige of Daemonic Might.
    By the blood that was offered, I give your ancient bones flesh.
    By the strength of my own will, I give shape to your shadow.
    By the power that was gifted; I give life, and thought, and purpose.
    With these three things, I invoke your memory now ...
    Tulpa."

As the final word was uttered, the summoning spell was completed; and in a bright flash of light Ishtar came face to face with the summoned Tulpa ...

For a moment, nothing happened then.

Ishtar simply stared at this Tulpa Daemon ... this thought-form given flesh ... this tiny abomination ... this ... Hellpup ? ... No, that did not seem accurate. What even was it ? After a few moments, of consideration- as the smallish creature simply stared up at it- Ishtar still could not say for sure. Her original idea had been for something passing similar; a hound of shadow and bone that she had become familiar with on another world some aeons before. And this was ... almost that. Yet it was far too small; and above all else it was ...

Far too ... cute.

Could it possibly be a Tulpa ?

As if in response to the Oni's thoughts, the tiny abomination got down into a crouch and waggled its tail furiously.

"What are you ..." The golden-eyed Oni started to stay then, only for the Tulpa to suddenly pounce, launching itself into Ishtar with force enough to shove her through the nearest wall.

A thing that produced a brief blossoming of pain, and a resounding,"Oof," from Ishtar as she was sent sprawling. And as the fledgling Tulpa bounced around the new space it had carried the two into, Ishtar realized that it was very likely the thing as she had intended it summoned. It was simply a pup. Perhaps in the end, she had not been strong enough for a full summon, without the assistance of others ?

In any case, And despite the fact that this was quite simply, a mess ... Ishtar had to admit in light of this recent development- being that it was seemingly as strong as the Oni herself- proved she had been at least technically successful. This was no doubt, a Tulpa. A thought-form daemon given life, by force of will and offerings of blood and power. Which meant that given time, it would develop its own mind. It was just a matter of ... getting to that point ? At the least, it would help that she had a natural kinship with fauna. Though .. one supposed that was another question ? Did this qualify as an animal ?

So many questions ...

A sudden burst of movement caught Ishtar's attention then.

"I ... hmm ?"

The fledgling Tulpa began to tug at the Oni's hand, then, nearly pulling her onto her face with a single yank.

"Oh dear ... What is it ?"

The Tulpa tugged again, towards the newly formed hole ... As if to say it wished to leave.

"Oh ... well. I ... is there a contract, then ?"

The Tulpa released Ishtar's hand, and stared at her a moment, before offering its insight into the matter, with an unnaturally deep and resounding:

"Boof."

And while Ishtar did not understand what 'boof', meant; there was a definite feeling that if it had been "no", it would not be nearly as docile as it had been thus far. So after taking a moment to get a handle on herself, and the situation; the Oni offered the newborn Tulpa a slow sigh before standing.

"Well ... okay. Please try not to cause more destruction, at the least."

"Boof."

And with another sigh, the Oni followed after her summon through the hole.

And as they made their way back, Ishtar attempted to think of an explanation for the creature that was going to be impossible to ignore- unsure as she was if it could be unsummoned, and given that the emotions of confusion, elation, and moderate concern would be impossible for Sarada to miss- and upon realizing that such an explanation was likely impossible; the Oni simply focused in on thinking of a proper name.

After all, it would not do to simply call it 'Tulpa'.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 05-03-2018 at 03:16 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I understand. Be safe. Eva replies.

After a few moments, a groggy Jinzi shows up.

“Meagan? What’s wrong?”
    "I couldn't leave without warning you. Does the name, Katrina sound familiar? I was just attacked by a woman who calls herself Katrina of the Long Blade. Blonde hair, green eyes. She wasn't close to my level, so I took her out easily, at least I almost did. She left a warning, one was from Chris the Knife and the other implied that she knows you well enough to threaten any woman that comes close to you."

Meagan, looking concerned, "I don't know if she is a stalker or an Assassin or both, but there is a definite connection between her and Chris and you need to watch your back. I can't be your bodyguard, as much as I wish I could. Still, I don't think there is any immanent threat. She was in pretty bad shape when she was rescued, probably had a partner in hiding. The impression that I got was that you weren't the target, but I could be wrong."
    Last edited by Tami; 05-03-2018 at 05:18 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"I couldn't leave without warning you. Does the name, Katrina sound familiar? I was just attacked by a woman who calls herself Katrina of the Long Blade. Blonde hair, green eyes. She wasn't close to my level, so I took her out easily, at least I almost did. She left a warning, one was from Chris the Knife and the other implied that she knows you well enough to threaten any woman that comes close to you."

Meagan, looking concerned, "I don't know if she is a stalker or an Assassin or both, but there is a definite connection between her and Chris and you need to watch your back. I can't be your bodyguard, as much as I wish I could. Still, I don't think there is any immanent threat. She was in pretty bad shape when she was rescued, probably had a partner in hiding. The impression that I got was that you weren't the target, but I could be wrong."
    He nods.

“That’s her. The woman who stabbed me after I dumped her. This...is not good news. But, if she’s not on your level I should be ok. Adam is here with me, and Held’s around. Thank you for the warning.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He nods.

“That’s her. The woman who stabbed me after I dumped her. This...is not good news. But, if she’s not on your level I should be ok. Adam is here with me, and Held’s around. Thank you for the warning.”
    "I have to go now, Eva is waiting for me. Just, be careful. I'll see you soon." Meagan took a reluctant step back, then turned and once clear of the building took flight.

It took a while, but it was an easy trip for Meagan. Her mind was partly on Jinzi and Katrina and Chris, partly on staying on course for her flight back, so it went by fast. Before she knew it, she was landing on the plaza of the Lookout.

Her first action upon arriving, to fill Lady Eva in on what happened.
    Last edited by Tami; 05-03-2018 at 07:49 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"I have to go now, Eva is waiting for me. Just, be careful. I'll see you soon." Meagan took a reluctant step back, then turned and once clear of the building took flight.

It took a while, but it was an easy trip for Meagan. Her mind was partly on Jinzi and Katrina and Chris, partly on staying on course for her flight back, so it went by fast. Before she knew it, she was landing on the plaza of the Lookout.

Her first action upon arriving, to fill Lady Eva in on what happened.
    Eva listens and nods.

“I promise to keep an eye on Jinzi and try to find Chris. Meanwhile, I contacted Nykos and he has agreed to at least show you the Kaio-Ken base form. He says if you can master that without dying, he’ll show you the more advanced ones.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 05-03-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Shiro's Travels Pt. 3

As Shiro finished her story, Laozi nodded as he said "That is a most fascinating tale you have, young Shiro. You, built to be an assistant and your sister, built to be a warrior, but neither of you stick strictly to what you were built to be. Though I have one concern in what I've heard."

"What is that?" Shiro asked, and Laozi answered "It sounds to me that you are sheltering young Midori."

"No I don't." Shiro countered, and the old man took a sip of tea as he questioned "But isn't it that every time your sister has trouble, you immediately run to solve that trouble?"

"No..." Shiro muttered, to which her host said "Yes you do. She hits a plateau due to her body, you offer a solution. She does something to possibly make enemies, you go in and smooth it over for her. And you keep her from things you don't think she needs to be involved with, leaving her hopelessly naive in many ways."

Shiro's eyes widened as she realized he had more information than she'd offered up, and staring at him suspiciously she asked "How do you know all that?"

"I am an old man, and old people have a mysterious way of knowing things." Laozi replied, causing Shiro to stare as she incredulously asked "You just... know?!"

"Mmm-hmm." Laozi hummed in agreement, and Shiro sighed as she muttered "Well, it's not the weirdest thing I've heard or seen recently."

"It's also because the barrier around my home gives me information on anyone who passes through it." the old man replied casually, and Shiro blinked as she stared at him for several long seconds before shaking her head.

"Now, we need to discuss your sheltering of your sister." Laozi said, and Shiro frowned as she replied "I still say I don't shelter Midori."

"You keep her from facing hardships or things you find will be too difficult for her to handle. That is sheltering." he said, and Shiro sat in silence for a few minutes before saying "I just worry about her."

"Why do you think she's so weak she can't handle those things?" he asked, and Shiro answered "I don't think she's weak, I just fear that she could go from the happy, energetic hero fighting for justice to being a cold, emotionless killer, slaughtering her enemies without remorse."

"That is a very real fear, but your handling of it makes me believe that you see her as too weak to handle it." the old sweeper replied, and Shiro sighed as she muttered "I don't think she's weak. I just don't want to see her go down that path, because... because she'd likely keep going until she became a monster and I'd end up having to watch her die, possibly even by my own hand."

Laozi nodded as he said "I can understand that, but you should have more faith in her, believe in her and the strength of her character."

"I-I know, but every time I try I see her murdering people and then laying dead on the ground." Shiro muttered, and Laozi smiled comfortingly as he said "You don't have to go full-force into it. Try taking it one step a time."

Shiro smiled weakly as she said "I will try."

"That is all you can do. Now, stay here for just a moment." Laozi said, rising from his seat and strolling away. Shiro watched him walk away and sat in silence, then turned her eyes to her empty teacup, staring at the last dredges sitting in the bottom of her cup.

After several minutes, Laozi returned and set a capsule onto the table before Shiro.

"Here is what you came here seeking." Laozi said, and as she picked up the capsule Shiro asked "Thank you, but why are you just giving it to me?"

"Because as soon as you passed the barrier, I saw that you were a good person and your intentions for it were noble and worthy." Laozi said. Then his smile fell, and an oppressive aura that screamed 'imminent death' filled the building as he said "Had they not been, you'd have been dead where you stood."

Then, just as suddenly as it appeared, the aura vanished and Laozi was smiling again.

Swallowing thickly, Shiro asked "Wh-where did you get a capsule anyways?"

"Very dedicated delivery people." Laozi replied, and Shiro stood to her feet, pocketing the capsule as she said "I thank you again for this, Laozi."

"You are most welcome, Shiro." Laozi accepted it, and as they walked to the door Shiro said "I hope you have many more healthy years."

"I do as well." Laozi said with a chuckle, and Shiro exited the door and walked into the snow. As she passed the barrier, the small house vanished like it'd never been there.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Default Slak's Tale I

One by one they leave the Lookout and so does Slak. He flies away and lands on a rocky shore of a continent whose name he does not know.

That is fine.

He can feel many weak energy signatures a few dozen miles, probably a village of some sort. It is as good place to start as any his journey. Slak raises a finger and points it at himself. Light shoots out and hits him. His clothes glow for a second then nothing. To an outsider, they would look the same as before. However, Slak can clearly feel the difference.

His clothes now weigh a total of ten tons.

He might not have Jinzi's gravity equipment but this is a good substitute. Slowly, carefully Slak stands on his hands then slowly pulls back his fingers until he is standing on only two.

Alright.

Even though he is upside down, Slak nods to himself. He has six months to train. It is better to make the most of it.

He starts moving towards the village, finger by finger.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When Ishtar asked how it was, she only had enough brain activity to uttered one word, "Wow."
    When Sarada finally responded, it was a single word.

Wow.

The bond they shared however, was yet alive with the lingering sensations, and unspoken emotion, of the hours of love-making that had lead to this point; and it expressed what a word could not. Most importantly, it told Ishtar that what had passed between them before- pain, and suffering- no longer held even a flickering presence in Sarada's mind. So in the end the Saiyan's desire had been fulfilled, and the majority of the memories stored this evening ... and morning; would be of what had come after. Almost as important, was the way that Sarada ached, a pleasurable mix of exhaustion and numbness that drifted through the connection of Aka Manah and gently tugged at Ishtar, herself. Proof at least, that what the golden-eyed Oni had been enough besides. A thing that had been- for a brief instant- a passing concern.

After all, it had been far too long since the Oni had last given in to her own carnal desires. Allowed herself to please another, and find pleasure in return; and do so in a way that not only titillated the senses and body, but also the mind, and soul. Longer still since she had offered another, anything more than an impassioned sticky-fumbling to ease the mind, and permit her body the release enough to continue on for a few decades without protesting a lack thereof. Yet this had been ... almost as if it had been the first. And perhaps in a way it was ... Sekhmet was long since gone and what had passed between them was still there ... but distant, like a far off lantern in a deep wood. The connection that had intensified and doubled the experience between the two lovers had also been newly formed; and had offered Sarada- and to a lesser degree Ishtar- a pleasure that had never been experienced before. And in the end, thanks to Asha'rah- and in large part luck, and fate and the Oni's own stupidity- her body was effectively 'new' as well, the organs, and muscles and tendons and all those intricate constructs that had been provided by the Goddess of Creation were still coming into their own. Though after what had just happened ...

I believe I am properly 'broken in'.

An amusing thought, by any measure, and one that caused the golden-eyed Oni to chuckle once more as she pulled Sarada closer and kissed her on the cheek.

"I would have you like this again .. before I leave; and as much of you as you would offer me besides." Ishtar said then, softly. Admitting both with words, and emotion that she would in fact enjoy nothing more. And a subconscious admission that despite the calling the golden-eyed Oni would attempt to stay as long as she could. "Yet for now .. perhaps rest, and then food ... and then when you are rested and fed, you can begin to make good on your promise to punch me in the face ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Default Training Timeskip / Antics

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Surely, she was strong enough by this point for the red Oni to consider mating with her. And sense Ishtar would feel the pleasure she would derive from what was sure to be as intense and rough as her times with her and Jack, it was about as close to a threesome as they could get. Just thinking about running her tongue between the rock hard abs was getting her excited and wet.

"So, where's that cousin of yours?" she inquired casually, but the hidden feelings of arousal and lust for Nunlil were transmitted like a neon sign. "I need to ask her that question I put on hold."
    When Sarada approached Ishtar, after their training for the day had reached its end; her emotions were already a glowing beacon of intent.

The lust, and arousal that the Saiyan was keeping hidden- by wrapping her tail around her waist- filtered through the connection of Aka Manah freely, after all; and the Oni had found herself subject to much of the Sarada's ... activities in the days, and weeks, since the connection had been formed. Perhaps not enough to get used to such things- at times the golden-eyed Oni found herself suddenly wracked with phantom pleasure that completely ruined her focus- yet enough to understand that it was a part of what was now 'normal' between the Oni, and her Saiyan lover.

So when Sarada then asked after Nunlil's whereabouts, Ishtar took a moment to determine the answer; before leaning in and stealing a kiss from the woman.

"She is in the sleeping quarters. Good luck."

Arx Inosaan

Default Return to Ilargi, feat. Asha'rah (1/2)

The Day Before Departure

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Ishtar was gladdened for Asha'rah's offer, which gladdened the former god in turn. But she was hesitant, of the effort and time involved in the journey. Asha'rah placed a reassuring hand on Ishtar's shoulder, careful not to let the metal rest too heavy upon tender new flesh.

"We both seek something of our pasts among the stars, Ishtar. It is no sacrifice on my part to live through this with you. Take all the time you need."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh
    Offering Asha'rah smile then- a weak, and feeble thing that only tugged at the corners of her mouth- the Oni repeated the words offered a moment before; as if hoping that the Goddess might understand just how much such kindness meant.

"Thank you ... Asha'rah. I will have an answer, soon enough ..."
    The night before Sarada was to leave on her own quest, to return to Vocado and deal with the ghosts of her own past; Ishtar was stealing her last moments with the woman before leaving off to do the same. And as much as the Oni wished to travel with the girl to her home planet, both to see how much it changed, and to perhaps deal with this ... Parsley, herself. It had been understood between them for some time that they would need to deal with these lingering phantoms of years past, themselves. And they would not be alone, or separated, of course. The connection saw to it that each would be with the other in spirit, and to support the other in their time of need despite the vast distances between Vocado, and Ilargi.

Enough reason at least, for the two to separate. With of course, the promise of seeing the other again.

Yet there was one other matter that needed to be tended to, before Ishtar departed for Ilargi. The matter of an answer the Oni had perhaps put off far longer than she intended.

And so, after seeking Asha'rah out, Ishtar approached the former God of Creation, and made a decision that would determine a course of events yet to come.

"Asha'rah ... I know it has been far longer than ... 'soon'. Yet I am leaving tomorrow, for Ilargi ... and if you are not now opposed, I would enjoy your company. As would, I suspect, Anubis."

Arx Inosaan