Page 7 of 661 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    "Hey kid," Jack called out after her before tossing her the long coat he had been wearing a few minutes earlier. "Put this on before you freeze."

"I'm honestly quite surprised to see you so far north wearing yonder getup," he said as he turned back to continue walking. "How did you get this far North wearing something like that?"
    A long coat came flying at her, having been thrown by the other man up ahead. She caught it easily, but begrudgingly. The implication that the cold would be what killed her was insulting. "Tsk."

"My getup?" She frowned until he asked how she made it up North wearing her armor? "You mean my armor? What's wrong with it?" She growled lowly. This idiot wouldn't know proper battle attire if it slapped him in the face. "I just landed on this planet a few minutes ago." She shrugged. "Take your jacket back. You need it a lot more than I do."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "For the girl Rose's sake, I should hope so," he said, the brief pause of his speech betraying the toll of the biting air with each inhalation.

If the girl was not simply a fool, then he silently hoped she would have a survivor's desperation. That might be the only chance they'd have to find her.

Stuck with a bundle of people, the child's reason for departing again brought his mind to food, much to his chagrin.

"The Cask Winterberry must be something special if she thought she could feed the village with it," he mused.
    "It is not unusual for one to take an interest in providing assistance. Yet now we have four complete strangers acting not for profit since no bounty has been offered for their safe return. This planet constantly surprises me." Meagan spoke her thoughts out loud.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A long coat came flying at her, having been thrown by the other man up ahead. She caught it easily, but begrudgingly. The implication that the cold would be what killed her was insulting. "Tsk."

"My getup?" She frowned until he asked how she made it up North wearing her armor? "You mean my armor? What's wrong with it?" She growled lowly. This idiot wouldn't know proper battle attire if it slapped him in the face. "I just landed on this planet a few minutes ago." She shrugged. "Take your jacket back. You need it a lot more than I do."
    "Armor's all well in good, but it's not the best think for chilly weather," Jack said with a shrug, "Still, if you don't think you need it..." Jack put the coat back on, "Far be it from me to try to tell you how live."

"Landed on the planet? That would explain it. If you had to walk you might have worn something warmer."

"Where you from Space Girl?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Those in Cask:

The cold is alarming, and seems even more....bitter as they leave town towards the nearest batch of evergreens and the frozen river thereby.

Five, then ten minutes pass as the town falls away from them and they enter the woods. Finally, another few moments pass and the river is seen.

As the move towards it, Sarada’s scouter informs her that something amongst the wind and snow moved, a brief flash of power bigger than her own or her companions, whom she knows now were those strong power levels she saw when landing.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Armor's all well in good, but it's not the best think for chilly weather," Jack said with a shrug, "Still, if you don't think you need it..." Jack put the coat back on, "Far be it from me to try to tell you how live."

"Landed on the planet? That would explain it. If you had to walk you might have worn something warmer."

"Where you from Space Girl?
    He was right. She was freezing and really wanted that coat. But, her pride just wouldn't allow her to admit that the bitterly cold air was getting to her. No, I have to be strong. I can't let a little cold air get to me!

"I'm from the planet Vacado, home of the saiyans, the most power beings in the universe." She emphasis, she whipped her long, brown tail a bit before wrapping it around her waist.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "It is not unusual for one to take an interest in providing assistance. Yet now we have four complete strangers acting not for profit since no bounty has been offered for their safe return. This planet constantly surprises me." Meagan spoke her thoughts out loud.
    "Eh Rose is a friend of mine, she helped me out when I first came to down, it would be remiss of me not to return the favor," Jack took a particularly long drag from is cigarette before expelling a large puff of smoke into the winter's air, "By your choice of words I would take it that you are also, not of this world," he asked.

"Eh Rose is a friend of mine, she helped me out when I first came to down, it would be remiss of me not to return the favor," Jack took a particularly long drag from is cigarette before expelling a large puff of smoke into the winter's air, "By your choice of words I would take it that you are also, not of this world," he asked.
    "That much I will admit to, but no more. I am here purely for training, though helping those who need it is part of my training."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-04-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Those in Dusk City:

The eerie sound leads them on closer and closer to town center, until they spot a strange shadowed form with a mysterious pipe at his mouth. The sounds and music are coming from this person, and as he plays, they see two children slowly walking towards the form, their eyes glazed as if in a trance.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Those in Cask:

The cold is alarming, and seems even more....bitter as they leave town towards the nearest batch of evergreens and the frozen river thereby.

Five, then ten minutes pass as the town falls away from them and they enter the woods. Finally, another few moments pass and the river is seen.

As the move towards it, Sarada’s scouter informs her that something amongst the wind and snow moved, a brief flash of power bigger than her own or her companions, whom she knows now were those strong power levels she saw when landing.
    Minutes pass and Sarada was beginning to despise her saiyan pride -- momentarily, of course. It wouldn't have killed her to take the coat. Oh, well.

Her scouter beeped. "Something's out there," she spoke, mostly to herself, but loud enough that the others could hear her. Whatever it was, it had a power level that was higher than hers. And higher than the people she was with, all of which were even with her. Seems I made the right decision after all. Her heart started thumping with excitement. "It's strong."

She sounded as excited as she was.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He was right. She was freezing and really wanted that coat. But, her pride just wouldn't allow her to admit that the bitterly cold air was getting to her. No, I have to be strong. I can't let a little cold air get to me!

"I'm from the planet Vacado, home of the saiyans, the most power beings in the universe." She emphasis, she whipped her long, brown tail a bit before wrapping it around her waist.
    "That is what they all say until someone more powerful comes along. Arrogance is what destroys many races."

Ochazuke narrowed his eyes as a sharp gale cut across.

So she is an off-worlder.

"If they could do anything...they would have," he muttered, "right now they can't even feed themselves."

And yet another one.

This one seemed desperate to make an impression. Here in the north, under a starless sky, over frozen fields, the only insulated thing she seemed to wear was this furry pelt around her waist and the frayed mane about her head.

Still, curiosity got the best of him as he questioned her in a low mutter.

"But why armor?"

Those by First Bank:

The goon fighting Midori steps back away from her kick, drawing a dangerous looking knife as he does so. Meanwhile, between Shiro and a new stranger (Kai), the bigger hiver’s guns and systems stop working.

The three inside get out and start targeting Shiro, the civilians, and Kai with their guns now.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Those in Dusk City:

The eerie sound leads them on closer and closer to town center, until they spot a strange shadowed form with a mysterious pipe at his mouth. The sounds and music are coming from this person, and as he plays, they see two children slowly walking towards the form, their eyes glazed as if in a trance.
    Charco came to a stop, the soles of his sneakers skidding harshly across the concrete sidewalk. The sight of the mysterious musician was enough to turn his blood into slush, but the children solidified it into pure ice. To say he regretted running into this situation was an understatement, but one cannot wish away the hornets after shoving one's head into their nest. Out of instinct, the teenager took a defensive fighting stance.

"...man...fuck this..." He whispered to himself before speaking aloud, "Who are you? Are the one behind all of this?"

Those in the Ship:

As Held gets ready to confront Jinzi, a loom boom can be heard, followed by shrieking. The ship seems to rock ever so slightly, and a panic alarm can be heard ringing throughout the ship. Jinzi curses.

“Damnit, she found me here too?”

He taps a button and starts ordering the captain to keep the civilians safe as he starts leaving the mess hall.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"That is what they all say until someone more powerful comes along. Arrogance is what destroys many races."
    Sarada scoffed, then outright laughed. The sheer lunacy of such a statement. Someone actually stronger than the saiyans. It was too absurd to even consider, much less fear as factual.

"That's ridiculous. What a stupid thing to say." Her eyes rolled. "It isn't arrogance if you can back it up."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke narrowed his eyes as a sharp gale cut across.

So she is an off-worlder.

"If they could do anything...they would have," he muttered, "right now they can't even feed themselves."

And yet another one.

This one seemed desperate to make an impression. Here in the north, under a starless sky, over frozen fields, the only insulated thing she seemed to wear was this furry pelt around her waist and the frayed mane about her head.

Still, curiosity got the best of him as he questioned her in a low mutter.

"But why armor?"
    The question reached her ears, even over the howling wind whipping up powdery snow around them. "Why armor?" It was an odd question, though she quickly reminded herself that they wouldn't know saiyan culture on this planet. "I come from a race that wages war constantly. We always wear this armor in battle to protect us from injury." Her mother said that she needed to cover her entire bosom to keep from getting stabbed in she chest. She never did change into a more practical armor.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!