Page 96 of 661 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196596 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 9901
  1. #1426
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    The android's legs pull up into his body, 'crouching' for lack of a better term, followed by an uppercut at her extended leg. "Impressive, on equal footing I could not have avoided that. You are fast, for an organic. Compensating." It's legs form into a single trunk, and it diverts the excess mass into it's arms, which split into four.
    It grew two more arms, which would undoubtedly improve its ability to defend itself and increase its offensive output. Sarada accessed the new situation and made a decision as to how to attack next.

    Not having a ranged attack is killing me.

    She charged again, seemingly intent on trying the same thing. She snapped another kick at its head. Moments before impact, she disappeared.

    An afterimage.

    She reappeared behind it and threw a straight jab at the small of its back.

  2. #1427
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Stretching his energy sense out into Pantaloon's orbit, Ochazuke's sixth sense did not make him take leave of his others. Zaofan's exclamation awoke something dark within him.

    For a moment, the radiant ki meditation around him flashed cold, and the starkest shock of icy dread filled his vicinity. A danger reflex.

    Turning his head slowly, he stared straight into the vagabond thief's eyes and replied simply.

    "Are you?"

    The charge in his finger resumed, dangling as if its execution would hinge on this answer; but for the moment, he turned his attention back to Pantaloon's new defense.

    "We will have words after this task is completed."
    Zaofan was quickly taken aback, so much so that he nearly forgot about the battle. "What is his problem?!" Zaofan wondered.

    But it dawned upon him. Zaofan was only a mid-level student of his own Crane School, studying under Master Yakimesh Toh Magoh. He remembered the more elite students being bullies to the younger, less skilled students; indeed, that was one of the reasons why he left the school prematurely. He heard rumors of deep rivalries with the other branches of the Crane School as well. But Zaofan never bothered to ask the history or veracity of such rivalries. If Ochazuke mastered the Dodonpa (and which Zaofan himself never mastered), then he would certainly be an elite of his discipline. Zaofan wasn't sure if the blunt hostility was, thus, from ego or a troubled history, or even if his supposed "ally" asked about Zaofan being part of the school for the sake of another rivalry.

    Yet Zaofan shook his head to regain his concentration, and resumed his face of friendliness. "I know that fighting style anywhere. And I would sure like to speak with you later, friend." And so, Zaofan ran towards the field of kinetic spheres, twirling his staff Bojack from side to side.

    (OOC: I revised Zaofan's bio to reflect Master Yakimesh Toh Magoh, as well as to explain why he left his branch of the Crane School without fully learning about the rivalries between the 5 Crane Schools.)
    Last edited by Cyke; 01-25-2018 at 12:14 AM.

  3. #1428
    Astonishing Member Ptrvc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,027

    Default

    Jack observed the spheres as the spun around Jinzi, orbits within orbits. Unlike some of the others Jack had no big ranged or energy attacks that might be able to clear out huge amounts of the balls at once. There was probably also some trick to it that he did not understand. The inventor always seemed to have something up his each stage. Still this was a training exercise, so Jack might as well try to get stronger while he was at it.

    "What was that thing that had in that bar again? With the lights and quarters but it wasn't a slot machine?" he thought out loud, "Oh right, pinball."

    Jack began bat away at the spheres nearest to the surface, aiming to send them firing towards others, and if possible, maybe get the high score....er....start a chain reaction!

  4. #1429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan was quickly taken aback, so much so that he nearly forgot about the battle. "What is his problem?!" Zaofan wondered.

    But it dawned upon him. Zaofan was only a mid-level student of his own Crane School, studying under Master Yakimesh Toh Magoh. He remembered the more elite students being bullies to the younger, less skilled students; indeed, that was one of the reasons why he left the school prematurely. He heard rumors of deep rivalries with the other branches of the Crane School as well. But Zaofan never bothered to ask the history or veracity of such rivalries. If Ochazuke mastered the Dodonpa (and which Zaofan himself never mastered), then he would certainly be an elite of his discipline. Zaofan wasn't sure if the blunt hostility was, thus, from ego or a troubled history, or even if his supposed "ally" asked about Zaofan being part of the school for the sake of another rivalry.

    Yet Zaofan shook his head to regain his concentration, and resumed his face of friendliness. "I know that fighting style anywhere. And I would sure like to speak with you later, friend." And so, Zaofan ran towards the field of kinetic spheres, twirling his staff Bojack from side to side.

    (OOC: I revised Zaofan's bio to reflect Master Yakimesh Toh Magoh, as well as to explain why he left his branch of the Crane School without fully learning about the rivalries between the 5 Crane Schools.)
    His cold visage softened somewhat, but yet Ochazuke was not entirely satisfied with Zaofan's answer. To most martial pragmatists, a beam is a beam is a beam. Koorimaru, one of the Android girls, among others in this varied group had many surface movements in common. But there was something about Zaofan's insight about the specific method of the Crane School's technique that put him on alert.

    "For the moment I'll attempt to decipher his movements as you make your attack," he offered plainly, "Go now."

    The tip of his finger burned hot, yet he resumed his calm, focused in the sense of his battle meditation, and so did any urge to aim it anywhere else.

    That shall be discerned later.

    The Crane Master Chahan was a master of assassins;he had eyes in many places, and with an utterance his acting hand could leap from avenues unexpected. Ochazuke thought he had left that world behind him, but the man headed toward the fight was as if a shadow of his past spoke plainly before him.

    What did Zaofan know about the Five Schools, the Five Fingers of the Grand Master? *

  5. #1430
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "Phase III: Maelstrom!"

    Hundreds of small kinetic spheres appear around Jinzi, each about golfball sized. They move about him like planetary rings, protecting and defending him. He gestures.

    "Come."
    Ishtar picks herself up, tendrils of melted mozzarella hanging from her shoulders, and shook her head. The blow had rattled her some, but there was still the sound of battle running in her ears. In a flash, Mr. Pantaloon disappears and re-emerged, carried up on a disc of light; hundreds of tiny orbs encircling him as if the stars themselves were his shield.

    He beckons then, "Come", and a shiver runs up the Oni's spine.

    -----

    He had called the planet, Erebus. Though it was not its true name- the place has long since lost that to time's steady march- and to Ishtar it had fit.

    The light provided from the planets' sputtering sun, had left the the sky a shade of rust, and the air she took in was dry, and stagnant with the decay of unspoken aeons. In the places where the ground was cracked and blackened, or where the faint remnants of long decayed masonry stood; there was nothing but coarse obsidian sand. She felt it cut into the soles of her feet with each step, seeking to teach her of this place. To tell her the secrets, lost to time, of its rise and fall. For was this not the reason she had been borne here? To learn?

    The Oni marched for some time- how long she could not say- on this long dead world. Each step a needle of pain, as the sand bit and cut; eager to learn of her own history, through blood. All the while, the words of her mentor echoing in her head:

    "The Lesson I teach now, is of the Second who was First. Yet it is not to be told here. Find me on Erebus, and we shall begin."

    So she soldiered on. When she tripped, and the sand bit into her elbows, and knees; she picked herself up. When the dying sun sank low in the sky, and it grew dark and the air cold; she marched on in spite of it. In time, her desire to learn of this place became a need. An ember in her gut that would eventually set her soul on fire. But for the longest time all she did was walk. And by the end, she had fallen as many times as steps taken.

    And so, clothes in tatters, hands and feet raw, and bloody; she finally found him. She noticed that his shape had changed- a common occurrence by any metric- and that he stood outside the only structure left on this ages dead world. A Cethedral. She felt his gaze upon him, and took a single step forward before falling to her knees. When she spoke then, her voice was weak, coarse; so long had it been since its use.

    "I am here, Teacher. What more must I see?" Yet a response was not forthcoming. Instead, Zurvan turned and moved towards the ancient cathedral, his measured steps filling the soundless void.

    Then it stopped, and her teacher spoke then; a beckoning. It was time.

    "Come."

    -----

    The others would see Ishtar in a trance-like state, the seconds stretching into a moment, before the woman lifted a hand slowly to her mouth before biting down hard enough to draw blood.

    The blow she had landed at the hands of the Mozzarella Tree had rattled her more than she thought. Now was not the time for trips into the past. Nor was it the time for such a lesson. But the way Mr. Pantaloon had sounded...

    Movement at her side, snapped her fully out of it then, and the Oni watched as Sasheem shot towards their benefactor; size growing as he closed the distance. It seemed he, and the man with the strange introductions intended to use their bodies as means of dispersing the orbs.

    While ... Foolish. Ishtar believed there was more than one way to bypass such a thing, and the now melted tree she had brought crashing down, may yet hold an answer. Scooping up gobs of the sticky, melted mozzarella, Ishtar hardened her body with Armaiti and methodically coated herself in it; before adding her own body to the fray.

    With hope, when she impacted with the barrier, the cheese would cling to the orbs and slow their rotation, freeing the others up to penetrate Mr. Pantaloon's defenses.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  6. #1431
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Chuan strieks just a moment to late as Jinzi seems to 'melt' into the arena floor as if it were liquid, avoiding the needles and the flood of melted cheese that almost had him.

    After a moment, about thirty feet away, Jinzi reemerges and the arena stays solid beneath him. He glances over towards the android and calls out.

    "Remember, Adam, no real injuries here. This is just a training regiment."

    He then waves his hands and gravity reasserts itself to it's proper norm. As he does so, he raises up on a light disc several feet into the air.


    "Phase III: Maelstrom!"


    Hundreds of small kinetic spheres appear around Jinzi, each about golfball sized. They move about him like planetary rings, protecting and defending him. He gestures.

    "Come."
    OOC: I'm not doing so well here, but let's give it another try

    IC: Changing tactics, Meagan again goes invisible and moves in as close as possible. Once in range, she reappears while, with precise aim, throwing metal shuriken at each of the spheres.

    Vanishing again, she reappears at a different position with her own shuriken might discs circling around her. With barely a motion she sends them flying at the sphere with saw blade movement.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  7. #1432
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    352

    Default

    The confirmation of the control patch's importance to Jinzi's ability to control the field, while encouraging, also confirmed the irksome reality that the only means they had on hand to wrench the battlefield advantage from his hands, was to target a measly strip strapped to his neck.

    "Zaofan," Koorimaru said, eyes hardly straying from the display of control Jinzi haughtily demonstrated, "Despite the new defences Pantaloons has put in place, your wide angle blast is still our best means of removing the control patch from Jinzi without causing excessive harm. Unfortunately, we do not know yet how these defences are designed to protect Jinzi, and we don't want you to exhaust your reserves at this critical juncture. So attack only when you find an opening you can justify breaking through."

    That would be good enough for Zaofan, but what about the others? Whatever the case, as with before, those who could only attack at close range were tactically disadvantaged under these circumstances. But that didn't mean, they wouldn't be able to find ways to thwart Jinzi... or at least his sole ally.

    Placing a hand on Karine's shoulder, Koorimaru announced his plan, "Whatever you did to distract Jinzi, I commend you for it, my dear. You'd bought us a moment of advantage that has demonstrated that Jinzi is not invulnerable. I doubt he will fall for the same distractions twice, so now, I suggest you use your abilities to inform the group of how we must approach this. Long-range options are our best course of action. Those without long-range options should focus their efforts on pestering the android that our dear Sarada is now occupied with. The rest of us will focus on launching a preliminary attack on Pantaloon to determine any vulnerabilities in his defences. Focus for now on the conserving our energies, and remind them that it would be best that we launch our attacks from as many angles as possible."

    His part said, Koorimaru focused his gaze at Jinzi. True, the spheres were vast and many, but even he needed his own space from them to avoid suffocation. It was on one of those free spaces close to and behind and upwards from Jinzi that a Void Tunnel opened, spearing a crimson ray into his back.

  8. #1433
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    An energy field materialized around Asha'rah from nothing, trapping her within. A sense of alarm washed over Asha'rah, and after the persistent flood of visions it was all she could do to maintain a semblance of composure. Her orbs rose and jittered in place in response to her emotional state, but she managed to lift her hands to show she meant no harm.

    "I was one of the fighters from Dusk City, and am here at Kami's invitation," she said, looking to the group briefly, "I see Etrina and Ishtar among the familiar faces here. Something...strange happened when she teleported me, straining the method used to bring me here."

    Perhaps an icebreaker might help?

    "...Maybe I should lay off the doritos."
    "Perhaps that may be wise. I hear an addiction to those is unusually difficult to shake. More than doubly so if one also has an addiction to the dew of the mountain. How one manages to acquire an addiction to either, when neither are considered traditionally addictive substances, is beyond me. But I digress." As Kai responded only partly in jest- there were rumors to that effect going around that were a great deal more credible than they could ever be if there weren't some kernel of truth to them- he allowed the barrier to drop; her words and gestures- but more importantly, the looks of recognition of those she had mentioned- proved sufficient to at least place her in the same category as the others who had teleported in. Offering his hand, he continued. "I am Ronin Kai, and I apologize for detaining you. While it is probably not my place, I welcome you to this meeting space within Capsule Corporation all the same."




    Lacking the instincts and inclinations of a fighter, Kai had- from the dawn of this surprise exercise until now, it's third/fourth stage- contented himself with getting a feel for the area and movement in different gravities, making sure to avoid getting in the way of the efforts of those who were facing off against their host. Observing the various methods brought to bear by those here was a learning experience, both of what the others could- and would- do, at least in a limited circumstance, and of the utility of sufficiently advanced technology. Thus far, the desire to avoid potentially avoid ending things early had kept him out of the confrontation, but...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "So... anyone have any plans for this stage?" Midori asked, not taking her eyes off the multitude of small kinetic spheres circling their opponent.

    "Maybe Kai, Asha'rah, and I can use our barriers to create a path to Mr. Pantaloons so we can attack him directly." Shiro suggested.
    "I can provide stable, mobile platforms for people to reach him with, though they'd be useless for defending against our host's... defenses." Kai asked the group, using sound manipulation in an attempt to ensure both that the words actually reached and- more importantly- wouldn't be intercepted. "If the rest of you can protect yourselves enough to make the trip worthwhile, I could let you bring the fight to him in a way he's almost certain not to expect."
    Last edited by Noldere; 01-25-2018 at 07:11 AM.
    ~Live as if each and every passing moment would be your last~

  9. #1434
    Truth and Conviction Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,213

    Default

    2.5 times Earth's gravity. The difference should not be so great, yet Slak finds himself leaning against his staff for support.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    "Phase III: Maelstrom!"

    Hundreds of small kinetic spheres appear around Jinzi, each about golfball sized. They move about him like planetary rings, protecting and defending him. He gestures.

    "Come."
    A Dragon Shot would be an efficient way of dealing with them, but he has used too many of them today. He needs to save his Ki. Slak grabs a rock and reinforces it with Ki.

    He aims at one of the orbs and throws it.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

  10. #1435
    Watashi ga Kita! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "Perhaps that may be wise. I hear an addiction to those is unusually difficult to shake. More than doubly so if one also has an addiction to the dew of the mountain. How one manages to acquire an addiction to either, when neither are considered traditionally addictive substances, is beyond me. But I digress." As Kai responded only partly in jest- there were rumors to that effect going around that were a great deal more credible than they could ever be if there weren't some kernel of truth to them- he allowed the barrier to drop; her words and gestures- but more importantly, the looks of recognition of those she had mentioned- proved sufficient to at least place her in the same category as the others who had teleported in. Offering his hand, he continued. "I am Ronin Kai, and I apologize for detaining you. While it is probably not my place, I welcome you to this meeting space within Capsule Corporation all the same."




    Lacking the instincts and inclinations of a fighter, Kai had- from the dawn of this surprise exercise until now, it's third/fourth stage- contented himself with getting a feel for the area and movement in different gravities, making sure to avoid getting in the way of the efforts of those who were facing off against their host. Observing the various methods brought to bear by those here was a learning experience, both of what the others could- and would- do, at least in a limited circumstance, and of the utility of sufficiently advanced technology. Thus far, the desire to avoid potentially avoid ending things early had kept him out of the confrontation, but...



    "I can provide stable, mobile platforms for people to reach him with, though they'd be useless for defending against our host's... defenses." Kai asked the group, using sound manipulation in an attempt to ensure both that the words actually reached and- more importantly- wouldn't be intercepted. "If the rest of you can protect yourselves enough to make the trip worthwhile, I could let you bring the fight to him in a way he's almost certain not to expect."
    Unsure of how to respond similarly, Shiro simply decided to speak out loud and said "I can most likely create a barrier large enough to protect all of us from harm, but I am unsure if it could withstand onslaught long enough to get us up there."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  11. #1436
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OOC: I'm not doing so well here, but let's give it another try

    IC: Changing tactics, Meagan again goes invisible and moves in as close as possible. Once in range, she reappears while, with precise aim, throwing metal shuriken at each of the spheres.

    Vanishing again, she reappears at a different position with her own shuriken might discs circling around her. With barely a motion she sends them flying at the sphere with saw blade movement.
    After attempting to destroy as many Orbs as possible, Meagan suddenly stopped and thought, "This is pathetic, embarrassing."

    Feeling a bit frustrated, she moved again into another position, stood up despite the gravity, and powered up in a flash of prismatic light. Holding out her palms to Jinzi, she called out loudly, "Hey, Pantaloon, beat this!" and fired off a blast of Ki at him and the Orbs surrounding him. If he is as good at controlling this environment as he seems, the only thing that will get destroyed will be the orbs.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  12. #1437
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Chuan strieks just a moment to late as Jinzi seems to 'melt' into the arena floor as if it were liquid, avoiding the needles and the flood of melted cheese that almost had him.

    After a moment, about thirty feet away, Jinzi reemerges and the arena stays solid beneath him. He glances over towards the android and calls out.

    "Remember, Adam, no real injuries here. This is just a training regiment."

    He then waves his hands and gravity reasserts itself to it's proper norm. As he does so, he raises up on a light disc several feet into the air.


    "Phase III: Maelstrom!"


    Hundreds of small kinetic spheres appear around Jinzi, each about golfball sized. They move about him like planetary rings, protecting and defending him. He gestures.

    "Come."
    For the moment, it seemed like they were going to win. Her mental attack seemed to have given the rest of the group that much needed window to slice through their defenses, but of course it wasn't meant to last. Soon, the battle once again changed and now Jinzi was surrounded with energy orbs before gesturing for them to come.

    Of course. She thought with an internal sigh. It wouldn't have been that easy..

    Quote Originally Posted by KamenRaida View Post
    The confirmation of the control patch's importance to Jinzi's ability to control the field, while encouraging, also confirmed the irksome reality that the only means they had on hand to wrench the battlefield advantage from his hands, was to target a measly strip strapped to his neck.

    "Zaofan," Koorimaru said, eyes hardly straying from the display of control Jinzi haughtily demonstrated, "Despite the new defences Pantaloons has put in place, your wide angle blast is still our best means of removing the control patch from Jinzi without causing excessive harm. Unfortunately, we do not know yet how these defences are designed to protect Jinzi, and we don't want you to exhaust your reserves at this critical juncture. So attack only when you find an opening you can justify breaking through."

    That would be good enough for Zaofan, but what about the others? Whatever the case, as with before, those who could only attack at close range were tactically disadvantaged under these circumstances. But that didn't mean, they wouldn't be able to find ways to thwart Jinzi... or at least his sole ally.

    Placing a hand on Karine's shoulder, Koorimaru announced his plan, "Whatever you did to distract Jinzi, I commend you for it, my dear. You'd bought us a moment of advantage that has demonstrated that Jinzi is not invulnerable. I doubt he will fall for the same distractions twice, so now, I suggest you use your abilities to inform the group of how we must approach this. Long-range options are our best course of action. Those without long-range options should focus their efforts on pestering the android that our dear Sarada is now occupied with. The rest of us will focus on launching a preliminary attack on Pantaloon to determine any vulnerabilities in his defences. Focus for now on the conserving our energies, and remind them that it would be best that we launch our attacks from as many angles as possible."

    His part said, Koorimaru focused his gaze at Jinzi. True, the spheres were vast and many, but even he needed his own space from them to avoid suffocation. It was on one of those free spaces close to and behind and upwards from Jinzi that a Void Tunnel opened, spearing a crimson ray into his back.
    If she had been more tense, the sudden gesture would have made her jump. Fortunately after the mental attack was successful, this gave her much needed breathing room in the lull of the attack patterns so she could think. It was far easier to think and conceptualize battle strategy when not in the chaotic mess , though inside of the heat of battle was an entirely different matter. A shortcoming she supposed that could only be better fixed by nothing but experience.

    "I wasn't expecting that to work honestly though.." Her gaze shifted back to Jinzi, eyes narrowing a bit. "..I wonder how stable those energy balls are and if they have a chain reaction when the explode like normal Ki? Usually Ki clahes and cancels out or overwhelms when hitting each other. Assuming it works the same. I'll set up the link again."

    Her theory could wait, she went about setting the second phase in motion.

    "For those who can hear me, there is a plan for those willing to listen. Those with long range should attack the android our companion Sarada is occupied with, the rest should launch a preliminary attack on Pantaloon to determine any weaknesses. You should conserve as much energy as possible. Its probably best to attack as from many angles as possible."


    After that was announced, Karine summoned her trademark dark lance though she didn't toss it; not yet.

  13. #1438
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    For the moment, it seemed like they were going to win. Her mental attack seemed to have given the rest of the group that much needed window to slice through their defenses, but of course it wasn't meant to last. Soon, the battle once again changed and now Jinzi was surrounded with energy orbs before gesturing for them to come.

    Of course. She thought with an internal sigh. It wouldn't have been that easy..



    If she had been more tense, the sudden gesture would have made her jump. Fortunately after the mental attack was successful, this gave her much needed breathing room in the lull of the attack patterns so she could think. It was far easier to think and conceptualize battle strategy when not in the chaotic mess , though inside of the heat of battle was an entirely different matter. A shortcoming she supposed that could only be better fixed by nothing but experience.

    "I wasn't expecting that to work honestly though.." Her gaze shifted back to Jinzi, eyes narrowing a bit. "..I wonder how stable those energy balls are and if they have a chain reaction when the explode like normal Ki? Usually Ki clahes and cancels out or overwhelms when hitting each other. Assuming it works the same. I'll set up the link again."

    Her theory could wait, she went about setting the second phase in motion.

    "For those who can hear me, there is a plan for those willing to listen. Those with long range should attack the android our companion Sarada is occupied with, the rest should launch a preliminary attack on Pantaloon to determine any weaknesses. You should conserve as much energy as possible. Its probably best to attack as from many angles as possible."


    After that was announced, Karine summoned her trademark dark lance though she didn't toss it; not yet.
    "A little too late." Meagan said after she unleashed her attack. Still, after she sent her blast off to Jinzi, she turned her attention to the battle between Sarada and the android, moving into position to assist if possible.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  14. #1439
    Mighty Member rhyvurg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It grew two more arms, which would undoubtedly improve its ability to defend itself and increase its offensive output. Sarada accessed the new situation and made a decision as to how to attack next.

    Not having a ranged attack is killing me.

    She charged again, seemingly intent on trying the same thing. She snapped another kick at its head. Moments before impact, she disappeared.

    An afterimage.

    She reappeared behind it and threw a straight jab at the small of its back.
    The surprise attack, coupled with the no-normalized gravity, splats Adam face first into the ground. But the fluidic being snaps back up, throwing a series of attacks at the saiyan, it' lower arms jabbing, the other two swinging for her head.

  15. #1440
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    For the moment, it seemed like they were going to win. Her mental attack seemed to have given the rest of the group that much needed window to slice through their defenses, but of course it wasn't meant to last. Soon, the battle once again changed and now Jinzi was surrounded with energy orbs before gesturing for them to come.

    Of course. She thought with an internal sigh. It wouldn't have been that easy..



    If she had been more tense, the sudden gesture would have made her jump. Fortunately after the mental attack was successful, this gave her much needed breathing room in the lull of the attack patterns so she could think. It was far easier to think and conceptualize battle strategy when not in the chaotic mess , though inside of the heat of battle was an entirely different matter. A shortcoming she supposed that could only be better fixed by nothing but experience.

    "I wasn't expecting that to work honestly though.." Her gaze shifted back to Jinzi, eyes narrowing a bit. "..I wonder how stable those energy balls are and if they have a chain reaction when the explode like normal Ki? Usually Ki clahes and cancels out or overwhelms when hitting each other. Assuming it works the same. I'll set up the link again."

    Her theory could wait, she went about setting the second phase in motion.

    "For those who can hear me, there is a plan for those willing to listen. Those with long range should attack the android our companion Sarada is occupied with, the rest should launch a preliminary attack on Pantaloon to determine any weaknesses. You should conserve as much energy as possible. Its probably best to attack as from many angles as possible."


    After that was announced, Karine summoned her trademark dark lance though she didn't toss it; not yet.
    Though he had long ranged attacks, Chuan was pretty sure his phantom needles wouldn't work on fluidic beings like the android assaulting Sarada. It'd need something seriously powerful to take him out! That said, the others did have Jinzi handled, so he had to come up with a new plan.

    Is anybody in your team a grappling specialist? We need to immobilize the robot's arms so we can separate them from its body!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •