Page 98 of 661 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 9901
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "You've really thought of everything...." Held murmured, looking on in bemusement at the preparations Jinzi had made. "I'd imagine if you managed to draw Willia here, you might have stood a pretty good chance...."

Held grunted for a moment, now fully on his feet.

Those spheres are everywhere....I don't know how I'd be able to avoid all of them like this.... I'll have to be patient and wait for an opening.
    As it turned out, the Nevadian had other more pressing matters to attend with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco's attempts to help Held seemed to do no good, as Jinzi easily outmaneuvered them all and took up yet another position of advantage. There their host stood, protected by countless little spheres.

If only there was a way to keep him still...

It didn't work back in Dusk City, but perhaps it would work here. Gathering energy into his palms, he pictured flowing water in his mind rather than a gouts of flame.

"Tyranno..."
    Hmm?

Held turned around hearing a familiar voice from nearby, shouting something he was entirely unfamiliar with.

Confusion, and then understanding dawned upon the Nevadian as he realized that it was Charco, preparing an attack of some sort to try and exploit an opening he had perceived.

Said understanding then turned to horror, painted clearly on the Nevadians face, as he realized that Charco had found nothing; he intended to create one of his own, with little head for whatever blocked his path to that creation.

The resolute expression on his face, focusing through his allies, to the 'enemy' made that much clear.

The Nevadian began to gather his Ki to his legs, preparing to do an emergency dive out of the way of the blast.

Is he fucking serious?! He's not going to---

Bringing back those arms, he quickly thrust them forth, firing off that stream of green energy towards Jinzi and his spheres.

"...BLAST!!!"

The rushing bolt of ki first struck Pantaloon's line of defense, yet their host would find the blast seeping through any available gap and with some flowing over the technological barrier until it completely encapsulated the billionaire and his defenses, whether the blast actually reached him or not. Once the energy met behind Jinzi, it exploded.
    Last edited by Miburo; 01-25-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Jinzi, behind his barrier of spheres, watches as Sasheem grows large and begins clothes lining his way through the spheres, regardless of the force behind them. He sees Totoma using ki strings to try and manipulate his way through the spheres, and Jack as he begins pin balling spheres into one another, trying to make room.

Meanwhile, his mind tells him as he gazes forward, that Chou has destroyed many spheres via his forty blades and Asha'rah has done well in keeping the ones on the outskirts away from herself and those around her using her own spheres. Even Slak's ki enforced rock manages to damage several as Meagan's disc smashes even more.

More and more fall, and Jinzi watches, seeing Ochazuke and Karine both readying their own attacks as Kai attempts to plan their next steps and Ishtar moves forward, body hardening, to join the fray. Just as his spheres begin really going, four things happen at once:

Meagan's ki blasts distract him ever long enough that Koorimaru's back attack half hits, sending Jinzi reeling to the ground, clutching his shoulder. Looking up, his eyes widen as Charco's blasts feeds through his spheres towards himself AND, high above like a bird, Zaofan unleashes a wide angle optic blast.

He reacts, and the world goes white around him as an epic explosion tears through the arena. The wind and dust and dirt kicked up stop even Adam and those fighting him as Jinzi, Held, Sasheem, Jack, Totoma, and Ishtar are encapsulated by the twin ki attacks. When the smoke and dust settle, a crater stands where Jinzi once was. Totoma, Held, and Jack are both laying on the ground, conscious but hurt and banged up. Ishtar, her body hardened, is a bit burnt around the edges but is still standing somewhat. Sasheem is fine, though his body looks like a flattish pancake now and is stretched across twenty feet on the edge of the crater. His toilet is also cracked somewhat.

As for Jinzi...............

He is laying on his back, looking up at the artificial sky as he smiles. All his spheres are gone, and the patch on his neck crumbles away. After a moment, so to does Jinzi.

Clapping fills the air as Jinzi walks up from the forest, smiling, completely unharmed.

"Well done, you defeated my simulacrum. I think that's a good stop for the night, don't you? Adam, I think that's enough for now. Come over here and greet the group properly, please."
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"Oh, and to those banged up, don't worry! I have plenty of regen tanks on hand to make you all right as rain!" Jinzi says, grinning madly.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell's Brigade View Post
    Jinzi, behind his barrier of spheres, watches as Sasheem grows large and begins clothes lining his way through the spheres, regardless of the force behind them. He sees Totoma using ki strings to try and manipulate his way through the spheres, and Jack as he begins pin balling spheres into one another, trying to make room.

Meanwhile, his mind tells him as he gazes forward, that Chou has destroyed many spheres via his forty blades and Asha'rah has done well in keeping the ones on the outskirts away from herself and those around her using her own spheres. Even Slak's ki enforced rock manages to damage several as Meagan's disc smashes even more.

More and more fall, and Jinzi watches, seeing Ochazuke and Karine both readying their own attacks as Kai attempts to plan their next steps and Ishtar moves forward, body hardening, to join the fray. Just as his spheres begin really going, four things happen at once:

Meagan's ki blasts distract him ever long enough that Koorimaru's back attack half hits, sending Jinzi reeling to the ground, clutching his shoulder. Looking up, his eyes widen as Charco's blasts feeds through his spheres towards himself AND, high above like a bird, Zaofan unleashes a wide angle optic blast.

He reacts, and the world goes white around him as an epic explosion tears through the arena. The wind and dust and dirt kicked up stop even Adam and those fighting him as Jinzi, Held, Sasheem, Jack, Totoma, and Ishtar are encapsulated by the twin ki attacks. When the smoke and dust settle, a crater stands where Jinzi once was. Totoma, Held, and Jack are both laying on the ground, conscious but hurt and banged up. Ishtar, her body hardened, is a bit burnt around the edges but is still standing somewhat. Sasheem is fine, though his body looks like a flattish pancake now and is stretched across twenty feet on the edge of the crater. His toilet is also cracked somewhat.

He is laying on his back, looking up at the artificial sky as he smiles. All his spheres are gone, and the patch on his neck crumbles away. After a moment, so to does Jinzi.

Clapping fills the air as Jinzi walks up from the forest, smiling, completely unharmed.

"Well done, you defeated my simulacrum. I think that's a good stop for the night, don't you? Adam, I think that's enough for now. Come over here and greet the group properly, please."
    Zaofan, still down on one knee, with a brow covered in sweat and himself breathing heavily, saw Jinzi clapping but several other bodies scattered about. "We...whhheee did it, team...!" And Zaofan collapsed, completely exhausted of ki.

His eyes closed, but he maintained his smile. His right hand slowly, but willfully, reached under his tunic. He pulled out a capsule, pressed the button, and dramatically tossed it to the side like it was a final act.

POOOF!

Out came a large amount of leftovers from the massive meal that Jinzi provided the group before their meeting.

"I...I made sure... to tuck some away... in case we... needed it. Bon...ahp...peh-teet."

The accumulated mass of attacks collided into a great shockwave. Ochazuke was blast backward, sinking his feet into the ground, pushed several meters back, plowing trenches into the artificial earth. Straining to keep his footing, all he could do as he caught his breath was stare at the handiwork of his comrades.

The perception of his ki meditation gave him some insight as to what happened. Before the Capsule Spheres could so much as twitch in the linkage of their barrier, everyone had simply...reacted. The inventor's orbit was completely destroyed in the mad assault.

I have my doubts about this being the intent of this training. But together our force is-

Suddenly he was alerted to a new presence. Behind them, among the trees. It was faint at first, but the spontanaeity of this training had layers in its curriculum.

Wheeling about Ochazuke raised his left hand, steadying it with his right, aimed the Dodonpa...

...and stayed his hand.

"Well met."

"Oh, and to those banged up, don't worry! I have plenty of regen tanks on hand to make you all right as rain!" Jinzi says, grinning madly.
    From his position on the floor, Totoma raised his hand in a thumbs-up. "Thanks."

His hand dropped back to the floor. He'd been so focused on the task at hand that he'd been caught completely with his pants down by that blast. Had he been the target or... whoever fired it moderately stronger, he'd be in much worse shape. Possibly dead. Another sign of just how rusty he was.

"...to whoever... fired that blast... gonna kick your ass... when I can get off mine."

He meant sparring, of course, but it came out sounding more like a threat.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

When Sarada leapfrogged over Adam and landed behind him, she bore witness to the chaos and carnage that had been taking place behind her. People were attack Jinzi from all angles, including from above. Whereas before, he had been dancing around their attacks as if he had been fighting his entire life; this time, he was staggered and actually hurt. But Charco, the boy her age that she talked to briefly...

He unleashed a massive blast point-blank that managed to filtered through Jinzi's defenses. The explosion kicked up a maelstrom of wind, dirt, and debris that forced her to halt her fight and cover her face to keep from getting anything in her eyes. It was unreal how narrow Charco's tunnel-vision was. He hit Jinzi, yes, but he also hit many of their allies.

Including the mutt.

"No! Damn it!"

There was no doubt his weak ass was hurt by the blast, just as there was little doubt that when he healed, he would get a zenkai boost and surpass her in power. Damn it all!

When it was over and the dust cleared, a few of them were lying on the ground, including Jinzi. Not the real one; oh, that one walked out of the fucking forest -- the same forest she had run toward not even fifteen minutes ago -- completely unscathed.

The training was over for the day, leaving Sarada feeling exhausted, but unsatisfied. She didn't do her fair share, she felt. She hardly tested the limits of what her body could do. She got a better workout fighting Jack at the Cask.

Well, that's not exactly true.

She did determine that the first thing she needed to do was come up with a ranged attack. Being a purely close-quarters combatant was limiting her potential. I just have to figure out how. And I know just who to talk to. None other than the guy who nearly killed half the team.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“ Yet no one mentions. The dragon twister.” “ As he smirks and then fell down, hammer vanishing.:

Cynical as ever, Ochazuke gazed in disbelief at the industrialist's fervour. Slowing his breathing, he closed his eyes for a long moment and loosed a long sigh.

"Truly a bold new method of training. I have not been pushed quite this hard in some time," he smirked, "But...to the end of our mutual objective, Mr. Pantaloon, what do you make of the outcome of today's session? What are our chances?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Zaofan, still down on one knee, with a brow covered in sweat and himself breathing heavily, saw Jinzi clapping but several other bodies scattered about. "We...whhheee did it, team...!" And Zaofan collapsed, completely exhausted of ki.

His eyes closed, but he maintained his smile. His right hand slowly, but willfully, reached under his tunic. He pulled out a capsule, pressed the button, and dramatically tossed it to the side like it was a final act.

POOOF!

Out came a large amount of leftovers from the massive meal that Jinzi provided the group before their meeting.

"I...I made sure... to tuck some away... in case we... needed it. Bon...ahp...peh-teet."
    Ochazuke then walked over to Zaofan. He stood over him and turned his head at an angle, as if there were some specific abnormality he'd ascertained over him.

After a moment, he wordlessly offered him a hand up.

He should have guilty that his reckless attack had caught several of his team mates, yet as he stood there, energy spent and left watching as his and other blasts collide into a beautiful pyrotechnic, and found only elation. That one had felt so very different than the previous attempts he had made; it felt so right. Charco had finally managed to perform the complete technique and fully realized his grandmother's legacy.

"Fuck yeah..." He breathed out before plopping onto his knees.

"Oh...my bad...everyone..."

It should have been an awkward mess, but Charco was too happy to let the consequences get in the way right now. He would leave those troubles to his future self. Besides, Jinzi said he would patch them back up, so no harm, no foul, right?

One could only pity the youth's bliss in ignorance.

Midori frowned as she heard Jinzi call a stop to the fight, annoyed at not getting a chance to go against Adam due to being pretty much brushed off by both the Saiyan girl and the other android. She also knew that Shiro had been making a careful plan to fight Jinzi with several others, and she doubted that they'd gotten to use it with Charco pretty much destroying everything.

Shiro stared at Charco basically using overkill to defeat the situation, and with a groan collapsed to the ground as Midori walked over, fell to her butt next to her sister as she muttered "You getting the feeling that our being here is pointless?"

"Are you?" Shiro asked, and Midori nodded as she said "Yeah. With one of our 'teachers' and others pretty much brushing me off like a child and the other getting decimated by that guy single-handedly, I'm feeling rather useless at the moment. Might as well go back to Saito and let the others deal with it."

"... I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind going home, I miss Doctor Nijimoto." Shiro agreed, and Midori laid down next to her sister as she stared at the artificial sky, wondering if they should just pack up and go home.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Astonishing Member

Violent coughing as a result of the dust and debris kicked all over the area was the result the Nevadian gave to his host.

Held had barely managed to avoid the bolt of raw coursing power sent in direction, diving at the last possible second. The sheer force of the blast alone managed to take its toll of the Nevadian, although that might have been a result of it colliding with another force, from the sound of things.

I guess I got lucky....I didn't think I'd manage to dodge that in time....The radius of thing was insane....

"....Did...." Held rolled over to his side, panting heavily, "...Did I misunderstand what we were trying to do here?"

Perhaps Held had misunderstood the context of 'sparring' match among earthlings. Held felt pretty certain that the amount of energy put forth from Charco had the potential to be quite dangerous.

Which, to be fair, was not entirely uncommon amongst the training he endured in Nevada, but he had understood human training to be a bit more.....Coddled? Constrained?

Cautious? Cautious. That was the word.

"If I didn't manage to get out of the way--"

The Nevadian paused, realizing that he failed to escape the entire radius of the attack. He had gotten away from half of the blast, at best.

The other half of the blast seemed to be endured by the blue---somewhat blackish now--horned female in front of him. Judging from her stance, as some sort of makeshift shield.

Concern began to creep into the soul of the Nevadian as he began to shakily rise to his feet. Thankfully, the gravity had been restored to normal, or perhaps even that would have been beyond him.

"....Are....You okay?"
    Last edited by Miburo; 01-25-2018 at 11:20 PM.

Adam stops, then resumes humanoid form and walks to Jinzi's side.

Inverse Regenesised

Ajna wished to work with the plan the others from earlier had cooked up, but he simply couldn't find a chance to get in edgewise to engage in close quarters, and yet he was too out of practice to summon a Spirit Ball, so a ranged energy attack simply wasn't in the cards either. Regretting his training, or lack there of as of late, seemed to be becoming a theme for him. He also felt rather at odds with his team mates, with how every one was clustering together. He understood the necessity of cooperating, but there was just too much chance of friendly..

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Charco's attempts to help Held seemed to do no good, as Jinzi easily outmaneuvered them all and took up yet another position of advantage. There their host stood, protected by countless little spheres.

If only there was a way to keep him still...

It didn't work back in Dusk City, but perhaps it would work here. Gathering energy into his palms, he pictured flowing water in his mind rather than a gouts of flame.

"Tyranno..."

Bringing back those arms, he quickly thrust them forth, firing off that stream of green energy towards Jinzi and his spheres.

"...BLAST!!!"

The rushing bolt of ki first struck Pantaloon's line of defense, yet their host would find the blast seeping through any available gap and with some flowing over the technological barrier until it completely encapsulated the billionaire and his defenses, whether the blast actually reached him or not. Once the energy met behind Jinzi, it exploded.
    .. that. Ogatan-san never pulls his punches at all, does he? First risking a cave in, next.. But his train of thought was lost there as an incredible spectacle played out in front of him.

Woahhhhh! It took a minute for Ajna to react, but when he did he whooped loudly.

"What a finish! Man!"

Wish I'd participated more, but maybe next time! Clenching his fist in front of his face, Ajna was determined to render greater service in the future. This little training suggestion had done much to highlight his faults; some he'd been aware of, others he hadn't even considered.

He may have been high on the fumes of everyone else's emotions, but he was sincerely impressed with the display of everyone's abilities.

Wiping the little sweat he'd accumulated on his brow off, Ajna jogged over to where those who'd been caught in the blast had dropped to see if they needed any help getting to the regen tanks.
    Last edited by IGee; 01-25-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke then walked over to Zaofan. He stood over him and turned his head at an angle, as if there were some specific abnormality he'd ascertained over him.

After a moment, he wordlessly offered him a hand up.
    Zaofan could see through his closed eyes that someone was blocking the sun, even if artificial. He peeped one eye open and raised a hand to shield the eyes, only to see Ochazuke. Surprised to see the extended hand, Zaofan took up the silent offer, grabbing his hand and pulling himself up.

Zaofan dusted himself off and met eye to eye with Ochazuke, giving him a nod of approval. "Thank you, stranger. Good work out there."

Zaofan put his hands together, and bowed to a 45 degree angle, head down.