Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: X-Files

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I think I agree. Anderson already said she’s not likely to come back. Carter is squandering his opportunity to finish the story l, and from the sound of it it won’t be finished this season. And if Scully and Mulder aren’t back for the next installment I know I won’t be watching
    It's certainly an issue that will be hard to get around effectively.

Let alone if you should even try when a large component of your creative team feels like she is already gone.

Def didn’t expect this story with Langley.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

For some reason, I really enjoyed the episode. The theme of the song California Sun...going to this ideal place where you belong compared and contrasted with Langly's speech about his virtual heaven if he designed it (but it also being his hell) was effective. Ending was dark, but a bit fun.

Overall, I found it a good combo of action, dark, and comedy.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-10-2018 at 11:14 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I liked it as well, it was a nice surprise. The alien killswitch on Mulder’s phone was a nice touch.

Ron, Carl and Bill...Deep Throat, CSM and Bill Mulder. Mulder stumbles across Deep Throat’s grave and we finally learn his real name: Ronald Pakula (nod to the name of the director of All the President's Men and The Parallax View)

An X-Files wiki tells me that in confirming Deep Throat's name, that confirms "Ronald" being uttered in Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-11-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I finally got round to last week’s episode and, man, what an improvement over the premier. Hell I thought it was probably the best episode of the revival so far aside for Darin Morgan’s episode. It wasn’t great. Hell it was more than a little silly but it really worked for me. Duchovny and Anderson came across particularly energized here with tons of that great Mulder/ Scully banter that has always elevated even the worst episodes of the show.

I’m slightly worried that Chris Carter is handling the next episode but at least it’s a standalone, which he is still way better at than the mythology episodes, which really have become as bad as everyone always accused them of being but never really were.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I've realized my ideal vehicle to end the show, series finale, is another movie. I actually really liked the added scale (budget) and time the Fight the Future (first X-Files movie) had to do the mythology arc some justice. Also, they hired a few decent "name" actors (Blythe Danner and Martin Landau).

Hell, it could just be a Netflix film (not in theater).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-19-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Yeah, it needs to go out in celluloid.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Is there an X-Files thread about anything X-files? I'd like to know what everyone's favorite episodes are.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

The thrill is gone. Been gone. I can't believe anymore. I wish Gillian Anderson all the best.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Is there an X-Files thread about anything X-files? I'd like to know what everyone's favorite episodes are.
    I'm assuming this is it.

Some of my favourites:

Anything by Darin Morgan up to and including last year's ep - but Clyde Bruckman is probably my favourite
    Pretty much all the mythology episodes from season 2 and 3
    Bad Blood
    Dreamland
    Small Potatoes
    Die Hand Die Verlitz (or however you spell it)
    Triangle
    Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man
    The Post Modern Prometheus
    Beyond the Sea
    Quagmire

Clearly, I think the show was at its best when it played with its formula. This is why I actually think season 6 was one of its best. Most of its best monster of the week episodes were in the first couple of seasons. After that, it soeared with its comedy episodes, its more character-driven episodes and the better mythology installments.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Some of my faves:

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    Musings Of A Cigerette Smoking Man
    Bad Blood
    Triangle
    Ice
    Squeeze
    Monday
    Pusher
    3 - this is case of me really liking this one for my own little idiosyncratic reasons
    Folie à Deux
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-22-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Some of my favorite episodes:

Jose Chung's From Outer Space
    Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
    Small Potatoes
    Duane Barry/Ascension (put it together since it's a 2 parter)
    Never Again
    Memento Mori
    X-Cops
    Improbable

I also liked '3' as I found it unintentionally hilarious.. and I have to give "Drive" an honorable mention for Bryan Cranston's great performance and overall good episode.

My favorites are "Monday," "Quagmire," "Unusual Suspects," "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man," "Humbug," "Small Potatoes," "Dreamland" (parts I and II), "Squeeze," "Tooms," "The Postmodern Prometheus," "Arcadia," "Sunshine Days," "First Person Shooter," "X-Cops," "Je Souhaite," "War of the Coprophages," "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas," "Home," "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," "Chinga" and "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster."

I really liked that new "Plus One" episode... "Your not old, Scully. You still got it going on, you still got a little scoot in your boot."
    Jerry Siegel/Joe Shuster, Bill Finger/Bob Kane/Gardner Fox/Sheldon Moldoff/Jerry Robinson, William Moulton Marston under the pen name Charles Moulton/Harry Peter. Creators of the most enduring iconic archetypes of the comic book superhero genre. The creators early Golden Age versions should be preserved. The early Golden Age mythology by the creators are as close to the proper, correct authentic versions as there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    My favorite episode ever, I believe came in season 1. Mulder & Scully were in Alaska or Anartica and there was this parasite that infected these scientists that made them kill everyone in the camp.