Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: X-Files

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    My favorite episode ever, I believe came in season 1. Mulder & Scully were in Alaska or Anartica and there was this parasite that infected these scientists that made them kill everyone in the camp.
    Ah yes, Ice. It was just the X-Files doing the Thing but it did it really, really well. Certainly a hell of a lot better than that dreadful official remake.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

My favorite episode ever, I believe came in season 1. Mulder & Scully were in Alaska or Anartica and there was this parasite that infected these scientists that made them kill everyone in the camp.

I wanted to add that one but couldn’t figure out the name. Great episode.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I also liked '3' as I found it unintentionally hilarious.
    I should get more bold about my love for it, because I really do love the episode. It was a surprising bit subversive. It offered some old vampire folklore, had this good erotic romantic chemistry with Mulder and Kristin, Mulder let his hair down to the audience in a way we hadn't seen enough, it was a very Californian episode with the wildfires mixed in with the LA subculture, some vampiric ambiguity, I loved the somber setting with Scully missing and Mulder psychologically and spiritually lost, etc.

(just learned the episodes was watered down from its original dirtier script)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-24-2018 at 01:43 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Just watched episode 3 and, would you know it, that was tons of fun. The first episode of this season was terrible but the next two have been way better than anything in the past season outside of the Darin Morgan episode. Carter is so much better with MOTW than mythology episodes at this point.

Up next... this season's Darin Morgan episode!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Tonight’s episode was hilarious.

Tonight’s episode was hilarious.
    It was one that stood toe to toe with any episode from any era.

“ Where the hell are they taking Reggie?”

This episode was great!

Love it.
    The alien voice sounded like a narrator from some old scifi show somewhere. But I couldn't place it. Anybody know?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It was ok, some great little clever parts.

Truth be told, I'm not one of the biggest Darin Morgan comedy quirky goofy X-Files fans. Vince Gilligan's Bad Blood is funnier and more fun than any of Morgan's episodes for me. Despite Morgan having done (written) Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, probably the best episode of X-Files, I don't like his later episodes as much as some fans do (not to say I dislike them either of course). Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose balanced its funny with a dark tragic serious poignant edge. And it had Peter Boyle. To Morgan's credit though, he does slip some poignancy in all of his episodes, like with Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-25-2018 at 07:01 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

“ Where the hell are they taking Reggie?”

This episode was great!
    I died laughing during Reggie in the opening and appearing in the past episodes parts.

I was surprised that throughout the episode no one mentioned the whole Berenstein Vs Berenstein bears thing (basically same thing as Mandela effect)

I was surprised that throughout the episode no one mentioned the whole Berenstein Vs Berenstein bears thing (basically same thing as Mandela effect)
    Oh they did..indirectly with Reggie claiming M.Effect over his favorite childhood books being written by Dr. Wussle vs Dr. Wuzzle.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 01-25-2018 at 07:50 AM.

The parallel Universe riff was a scream. I took it as a little snark at Fringe.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Another brilliant Darin Morgan episode! No real surprise there. But aside for being hilarious, I kind of love the fact that it dealt with the main theme of the current mythology episodes (how does "the Truth is Out There" fit in a post-facts world?) a thousand times better with tons of humour and wit - and even some actual melancholy underlying the whole thing. It's probably the most blatant riff on Trump in fiction that I've come across yet but the way it deals with it is genuinely smart that plays into both the show itself and the real world in the way that facts and truths have become so distorted by Trump that all those silly conspiracy theories just come across as pat in comparison.

I wish Morgan was more prolific but the rarity of his work really does just make it all the more precious.

Edit: Oh and of all the thousand and one hilarious little details in this episode, arguabluy nothing made me laugh harder that Duchovny's Timmy Wiseau impression and subsequent tantrum. I'm laughing just thinking about it.
    Last edited by Ilan Preskovsky; 01-25-2018 at 04:21 PM.

All-New Member

I died laughing during Reggie in the opening and appearing in the past episodes parts.

Yeah the mandela effect, where people mis remember something from a film and use it as proof of alternative dimensions.

Wow. "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" is among my favorites now!
    Jerry Siegel/Joe Shuster, Bill Finger/Bob Kane/Gardner Fox/Sheldon Moldoff/Jerry Robinson, William Moulton Marston under the pen name Charles Moulton/Harry Peter. Creators of the most enduring iconic archetypes of the comic book superhero genre. The creators early Golden Age versions should be preserved. The early Golden Age mythology by the creators are as close to the proper, correct authentic versions as there is.