Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

To get back on topic, both Blue Marvel and Spectrum both need an ongoing if the Ultimates is truly dead and gone. Those two, Blue Marvel especially, got me back into reading comics and any extended absences from them will have me exiting again. I'm tired of the same old stories being rehashed over and again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    To get back on topic, both Blue Marvel and Spectrum both need an ongoing if the Ultimates is truly dead and gone. Those two, Blue Marvel especially, got me back into reading comics and any extended absences from them will have me exiting again. I'm tired of the same old stories being rehashed over and again.

LOL actually the "topic" was for "people who joined from the ANAD time frame" (Not from the 80's, 70's, 60's, 2000's, etc) to comment on if they will continue to read Marvel Comics now that they are returning to the status quo, seeing as they most likely join due to the increase diversity and legacy characters. But seeing as the topic has been twisted and turn plus tons of "Non ANAD" fans wanting to give their two cents on why they dislike ANAD, it's not surprising that the original purpose of this thread has become so confused.

Hey, maybe Harsh Lesson (great avatar btw ) came back to comics, joined again?!?, for Ewing's Ultimates. ANAD Marvel team with a real diverse cast. Maybe not so off-topic? I don't know.

Tbh I'm not sure that many posters disobered both Marvel and CBR with ANAD. It would be interesting to know of course, so I'd better stop here derailing the thread.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    I'm tired of the same old stories being rehashed over and again.
    I disagree with this view.
    Marvel has different stories all the time from what i read.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Hey, maybe Harsh Lesson (great avatar btw ) came back to comics, joined again?!?, for Ewing's Ultimates. ANAD Marvel team with a real diverse cast.
    I am not to clear on your point here but ultimates had a real diverse cast.
    I think your point is or what you getting to is that you want more diversity in the cast.
    I guess you want more to be added on or kick carol out if the ultimates book comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I am not to clear on your point here but ultimates had a real diverse cast.
    I think your point is or what you getting to is that you want more diversity in the cast.
    I guess you want more to be added on or kick carol out if the ultimates book comes back.
    Oups!

Sorry, English is not my language and I also read your answer to Harsh Lesson too quickly and misunderstood it. I thought that you were saying that he was off-topic because, perhaps as a reader of Mighty Avengers or as an 80s fan of Monica, he wasn't one of the*"people who joined from the ANAD time frame". My bad!

(Btw I liked Ultimates even if I stopped reading it during Civil War II but came back for Ultimates2. I have no complain about the cast : I love T'challa and I haven't read anything with Monica since the 80s when I was also a fan of Binary. I was pleased also to discover Blue Marvel - interesting character- and MAC - cool design. But to be honest the diversity of the cast wasn't the reason for reading the book : It was simply the story and the art. )

Sorry again for the misunderstanding and for posting here without adding anything interesting to your thread.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

If anyone did join during the ANAD era sales sure didn't show it.

Extraordinary Member

Sorry again for the misunderstanding and for posting here without adding anything interesting to your thread.
    Leo619 started the thread,but thanks for making yourself clear.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-09-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Well remember there are more ways to get comic book than the comic book store.

Especially if your store took the stance that certain books would never be welcomed in that store.

If there was a way to look at EVERY venue of sales-

comic book store
    ebay
    used book stores
    amazon
    digital

I would expect the result not be what folks expect.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post

Depends on where you're talking because outside of comic shops says that people did join in on the ANAD era, comic shops and physical single issues aren't the be all anymore

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well remember there are more ways to get comic book than the comic book store.

Especially if your store took the stance that certain books would never be welcomed in that store.

If there was a way to look at EVERY venue of sales-

comic book store
    ebay
    used book stores
    amazon
    digital

I would expect the result not be what folks expect.
    If that were true Marvel wouldn't be trying so hard right now to course correct.

Which I might add is a big issue with Marvel now a days. There use to be a time where if Marvel would really hard on an idea then put it out their for the fans. Because they thought and worked hard on that idea they would in return stand by that idea and knew fans would too if they kept showing how great an idea it was. They wouldn't be swayed because they where in-tune with the characters, the world, and why the fanbase loved their comics. Lately, it seem more like they are just throwing ideas out their and not taking the time they need to develop. Our in terms of ANAD they knew it wasn't an fully "good idea" but they through it out there anyway, just for the sake of saying they tried.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

Oups!

Sorry, English is not my language and I also read your answer to Harsh Lesson too quickly and misunderstood it. I thought that you were saying that he was off-topic because, perhaps as a reader of Mighty Avengers or as an 80s fan of Monica, he wasn't one of the*"people who joined from the ANAD time frame". My bad!

(Btw I liked Ultimates even if I stopped reading it during Civil War II but came back for Ultimates2. I have no complain about the cast : I love T'challa and I haven't read anything with Monica since the 80s when I was also a fan of Binary. I was pleased also to discover Blue Marvel - interesting character- and MAC - cool design. But to be honest the diversity of the cast wasn't the reason for reading the book : It was simply the story and the art. )

Not a problem, at least your not like the posters that come into the thread just to trash ANAD which are essentially trolls.

But yes, I just wanted to correct what the actual topic was about. I didn't want people to get the wrong impression that the purpose of the thread was to talk about ANAD books, even though that could be included in the discussion when talking about what you will do when the change back to status quo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Not a problem, at least your not like the posters that come into the thread just to trash ANAD which are essentially trolls.

But yes, I just wanted to correct what the actual topic was about. I didn't want people to get the wrong impression that the purpose of the thread was to talk about ANAD books, even though that could be included in the discussion when talking about what you will do when the change back to status quo.
    Whilst I didn't first read marvel in this era it did get me into them again in a big way for a good while

most of the books I liked have now been cancelled which irritates me a lot

I haven't liked it all but I have liked some very much

I really appreciate the views of people who did first start in this era

I hope I haven't irritated anyone - the idea for this thread fascinates me
    Last edited by kilderkin; 01-10-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Whilst I didn't first read marvel in this era it did get me into them again in a big way for a good while

most of the books I liked have now been cancelled which irritates me a lot

I haven't liked it all but I have liked some very much

I really appreciate the views of people who did first start in this era

I hope I haven't irritated anyone - the idea for this thread fascinates me
    Oh no, so to be honest the biggest issues have just been people coming into the thread just to trash ANAD, which goes against the very foundation on why this thread was created. After all, you would only joined during the ANAD time frame if you liked the ANAD era. Otherwise, you never would have joined. So when people come in just to trash ANAD, it just discourages those that actually enjoyed the ANAD and joined during that time frame from actually posting. It's the entire purpose why Appreciation threads are created, a safe haven of sort so people can talk positively about something they enjoyed without others having to come in and trash it. (Or places like Mary Sue, which is heavily moderated to prevent those who are anti-diversity from posting.)

I just hope this thread hasn't been damage beyond repair to where people will avoid talking about what they would do with Marvel switching gears.

For example, similar to you, my first comic was before ANAD. It was Miles Morales as Ultimate Spider Man. But I wasn't really a comic person per say. I was almost entirely manga. I didn't pick up DC or Marvel besides Miles Morales until ANAD came in. Once ANAD came in, almost all the money that was spent to manga went straight to Marvel, and not only did I pick up ANAD, I tried exploring other areas as well. But it was ANAD that made me the comic fan and is the only era that really provides what I'm looking for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    If that were true Marvel wouldn't be trying so hard right now to course correct.

Which I might add is a big issue with Marvel now a days. There use to be a time where if Marvel would really hard on an idea then put it out their for the fans. Because they thought and worked hard on that idea they would in return stand by that idea and knew fans would too if they kept showing how great an idea it was. They wouldn't be swayed because they where in-tune with the characters, the world, and why the fanbase loved their comics. Lately, it seem more like they are just throwing ideas out their and not taking the time they need to develop. Our in terms of ANAD they knew it wasn't an fully "good idea" but they through it out there anyway, just for the sake of saying they tried.

The course correcting thing so far has just been a fan perception and taking a cancellation here and snippets of interviews and wanting to come to that conclusion much like your belief that they’re throwing things out there just cause when you can say all publishers have been doing that for decades. Just because something isn’t to your specific liking doesn’t mean they threw it out there just cause, this is akin to when folks kept screaming Marvel is purposely killing the X-Men despite Marvel consistently putting out 4+ X-Men comics a year