Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Dang I'm floored. It seems like everybody knows something the others don't and no one is willing to show their cards yet. And I totally didn't expect the tone to get dark this soon. My favorite thing being Bizarro going for scary but still accidentally using the old speech pattern. That was hilarious.

BANNED

I'm thinking the same regarding the Creeper, he has to show up again! I refuse to accept this as a one time visit! Especially since he shows up because Bizzaro knowing of their former aquaintance.

Pup Up is now a mvp of the book. His goddamm antics at Bizarro were delicious. Speaking about Bizarro, I think the HIVE Queen saw in Jason's mind something about his own suspicions buried deep beneath because Jay refuses to voice them. Hence the surprise smackdown scene.

If there's one thing I didn't like in the whole issue was what it felt (to me upon first reading) an underselling of Ducra's teachings but I never read the former use of this HIVE character in Titans and I've no idea how formidable she's supposed to be on top of smack talk.

Other than that this is a creepy issue with horror tones. From Jason's monologue at Faye's house from the doorstep to finding out about her current fate.

Poor Pup Up in the last page :0

BANNED

The Queen's reaction looked dramatic but note Bizarro's own monologue. He's becoming something more than they expect. They expect the whole smart thing not to last but he mentions that is not happening.

Interesting enough and to go back the point above, Pup Up also hints at Jason suspecting more than he lets on. I bet his suspicions deep down go further than any of us think. He is the investigator of the bunch after all
    Last edited by Aioros22; 01-10-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    If there's one thing I didn't like in the whole issue was what it felt (to me upon first reading) an underselling of Ducra's teachings but I never read the former use of this HIVE character in Titans and I've no idea how formidable she's supposed to be on top of smack talk.
    I was hoping for a better showing of All Caste too, but I still honestly I don't know what to make of this instance. If it's underselling, then it's underselling what exactly? Queen Bee follows that mention with saying she knows Jason is not gonna kill. So is it her underselling the All Caste's training to produce assasins (who can kill), rather than their training quality? If that's the case, then it's more like she misses the point of Ducra's teaching. Which is fine I guess.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Woah, this issue was quite breakneck in terms of its pace, but being that it was a plot thread starter and twist/revelation story rather than a conclusion I'm kinda fine with that, especially after the latest issues which although were either good action or character interactions issues still felt like that had slowed down the plot quite a tad.

Other important notes
    - Pup pup was god damn adorable

- That twist with Faye was almost surreal, at least in terms of the usual tone of this book, but the intended effect of having it be a creepy moment sure was succesful, at least to me.

- Whats the thing that the hive queen lady saw anyways? Considering the current story I think it was Jasons refusal to acknowledge Bizs dark side but her reaction seemed a tad too dramatic to me.

- what in gods name is the connection between Artemis and Creeper? This feels like Lobdells 'IN' and opportunity to write Creeper as more than a shallow cameo for later down the track. At least considering the interview in which he admitted he really wanted to write Creeper, its what I'm assuming. Plus expanding on Artemis and her story may be a good idea regardless as she seems like the character with the least ammount of central focus.
    Thing is, this issue is the ending for the Bizarro Reborn story.

BANNED

To note, Jason doesn't actually even try using the training anywhere because in both cases (taser and gun) were enough to do what he wanted. He didn't seemingly even bother with her reading his mind about not killing because what was in the bullets would likely be worse to her. But that's where me query was in for since she mentions the Caste in this sequence.

You do bring the point home, she's missing more about the teachings than she's nailing, I just wished Jason mention that to her instead, some snark how she wouldn't get it anyway.

I am missing my All Caste fix
    Last edited by Aioros22; 01-10-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Other than that this is a creepy issue with horror tones. From Jason's monologue at Faye's house from the doorstep to finding out about her current fate.
    I love his monologue. The self-awareness when he compares Outlaws to the JL is amazing. And with Faye, he shows his resposibility for her safety but not without the sense of retribution, that he's fine if it's time she has to pay for her crime. Just amazing character insight.
    Last edited by G-Potion; 01-10-2018 at 10:17 AM.

- Whats the thing that the hive queen lady saw anyways? Considering the current story I think it was Jasons refusal to acknowledge Bizs dark side but her reaction seemed a tad too dramatic to me.
    Honestly her reaction had me thinking she saw something else, more about Jason and his supernatural history than Bizarro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Thing is, this issue is the ending for the Bizarro Reborn story.
    True but Im not really referring to the traditional story arc format, rather that this issue and long arc came with no solution to the problem, just insight for further issues. And I honestly like that it didnt feel the need to wrap up the arc with a last minute resolution. Unlike the first arc which had one objective of incapacitating black mask, which was achieved in the end. In that ones case the arc was more traditional, it contained a problem and a solution that gave a short term resolution (as in black mask will be back). But this arc is clearly just a fragment of the Bizarro story, one that Im assuming and hoping will unfold as time goes on. Lobdell has been quite consistant and committed with his plot threads and character details after all.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Honestly her reaction had me thinking she saw something else, more about Jason and his supernatural history than Bizarro.
    Same here. I mean dont get me wrong, everything is clearly pointing to Jason being smarter than he is letting on and being aware of Bizarros changes, hence the interuption. But like I said her reaction just seemed much more...disturbed. Like she saw something horrible or frightening, rather than a dormant secret or thought. Its probably just the drama being amped for the sake of it, but damn I really would be morbidly curious to see more insight into Jasons resurrection.

I love his monologue. The self-awareness when he compares Outlaws to the JL is amazing. And with Faye, he shows his resposibility for her safety but not without the sense of retribution, that he's fine if it's time she has to pay for her crime. Just amazing character insight.
    I second these thoughts as well.

Same here. I mean dont get me wrong, everything is clearly pointing to Jason being smarter than he is letting on and being aware of Bizarros changes, hence the interuption. But like I said her reaction just seemed much more...disturbed. Like she saw something horrible or frightening, rather than a dormant secret or thought. Its probably just the drama being amped for the sake of it, but damn I really would be morbidly curious to see more insight into Jasons resurrection.
    Is there any chance what she saw has something to do with Ma Gunn's letters and the mysterious guy? Bizarro has been just as hard at work keeping them from Jason as well.

Is there any chance what she saw has something to do with Ma Gunn's letters and the mysterious guy? Bizarro has been just as hard at work keeping them from Jason as well.
    Perhaps. I mean something like Jason suspecting and secretly investigating these mysteries behind both Bizs and Artemiss backs sounds like a bat thing to do. Plus seeing a batfam member actually doing some detective work is always a refreshing thing to see.

True but Im not really referring to the traditional story arc format, rather that this issue and long arc came with no solution to the problem, just insight for further issues. And I honestly like that it didnt feel the need to wrap up the arc with a last minute resolution. Unlike the first arc which had one objective of incapacitating black mask, which was achieved in the end. In that ones case the arc was more traditional, it contained a problem and a solution that gave a short term resolution (as in black mask will be back). But this arc is clearly just a fragment of the Bizarro story, one that Im assuming and hoping will unfold as time goes on. Lobdell has been quite consistant and committed with his plot threads and character details after all.
    I definitely like that he's not taking the traditional approach. Bizarro's story is one that could having a longer and more complicated situation especially since Lobdell has said he wants the next idea to be a team going through major changes between their team dynamics. Even nicer I love we're getting to see Bizarro's personal little Lazarus pit. He's taking a wildly different attitude going back to reuse it compared to Jason who's still on a journey to rejecting the remaining bits of Lazarus left in his mind starting from his own rebirth. On some level it brings back those drifting theories about either Jason having immortality coming out of the pit or wether or not he needs repeated dips to keep the life. It's a pretty good theme to keep between the Outlaws definitely.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but was Faye's twist scene about that she was fine all along or was there the implication Jason found a planted letter? "Compatriots" in the wording threw me off and for a moment I thought this was Bizarro's attempt to keep Jason from talking with Faye as she clearly was the one who asked Jason to come over.