Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Sniper GLs vs. the MU

You may recall that John the GL engaged in an interstellar sniper duel with a yellow lantern sniper. They had construct rifles and projectiles. Obviously, the projectiles were significantly FTL to be used in real time and the scopes could find targets on the planet in question.

So, the GLC crosses dimensional boundaries (maybe Disney told them that the DC movies are getting killed by the MU movies - haha). They decide to take out the major standard Earth heroes and villains that you find on Marvel Earth. Let's says there are 25 of them. They set up in a near by solar system and open fire. Who in the MU survives the weapon and can retaliate effectively. For this one, no going back in time or dimension jumping. You have to fight it out.

Yeesh. No warning at all? Caught totally unawares?

A lot of dudes are going to get shot lol. People with autoshields like Strange should survive the initial barrage and begin to suss it out but still...

Does Marvel Earth have an early warning defense system? Or long range scanning?

Reed Richards apparently has a device that can summon the Silver Surfer. If he survives, that could be trouble.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I mean the individuals with cosmic awareness that notices there's now 25 folks shooting at Earth from an interstellar distance might be an amusing scenario.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean the individuals with cosmic awareness that notices there's now 25 folks shooting at Earth from an interstellar distance might be an amusing scenario.
    How many of those individuals hang out on Earth though? Legit asking, I don't know.

I guess the question is: are there less than 25 people that can actually stop this plan from succeeding, and can any of the names on that list survive an initial strike?

We also start to get into weird PIS territory to answer that, because while I'd argue Reed Richards SHOULD have automatic defenses to prevent this, I'm pretty sure he actually doesn't. Where the GLs are operating at top ninja sniper PIS free purposes. It's a pretty stacked deck. It's like asking if you had Reed and Doom team up to take out DC earth, and gave them surprise and one sided prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    How many of those individuals hang out on Earth though? Legit asking, I don't know.
    Oh, not many.

Which is primarily why it'd be amusing. You'd have a ton of folks like "oh hey there's some green guys popping people on Earth, should we do something?" and Galactus tells them to "Let Silence Reign" or whatever.

I guess the question is: are there less than 25 people that can actually stop this plan from succeeding, and can any of the names on that list survive an initial strike?

We also start to get into weird PIS territory to answer that, because while I'd argue Reed Richards SHOULD have automatic defenses to prevent this, I'm pretty sure he actually doesn't. Where the GLs are operating at top ninja sniper PIS free purposes. It's a pretty stacked deck. It's like asking if you had Reed and Doom team up to take out DC earth, and gave them surprise and one sided prep.
    I mean if they don't gank Franklin Richards first, Reed technically has automatic stuff ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Is Franklin Richards just sorta always hanging out in peak cosmic form during a typical day in 616? The dude could prevent so much stuff but just... doesn't. Which is why I ask.

Also, my head canon is now saying that these are all exact clones of John Stewart. 25 Johns. 25 Stewarts. Its the only logical way they would be any good at sniping ;P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Is Franklin Richards just sorta always hanging out in peak cosmic form during a typical day in 616? The dude could prevent so much stuff but just... doesn't. Which is why I ask.
    Even as a kid he's a pretty decent reality warper. Which is kinda the key thing here.

Also, my head canon is now saying that these are all exact clones of John Stewart. 25 Johns. 25 Stewarts. Its the only logical way they would be any good at sniping ;P
    By them just existing, wouldn't the planet just explode because he's in the vicinity ?

Arx Inosaan

Even as a kid he's a pretty decent reality warper. Which is kinda the key thing here.
    Oh, totally I get that. Kid has massive power and potential. Just curious if there was any in-comic explanation why he never just deleted the Annihilation Wave, found all the Skrulls etc or if its just PIS to make other characters relevant.

By them just existing, wouldn't the planet just explode because he's in the vicinity ?
    So you admit that the GL's win? I knew it. John is unstoppable. Thanks for validating my suspicions.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Oh, totally I get that. Kid has massive power and potential. Just curious if there was any in-comic explanation why he never just deleted the Annihilation Wave, found all the Skrulls etc or if its just PIS to make other characters relevant.
    Because it's reality warping, he doesn't have cosmic awareness, and he's like six. He also wasn't present for the Annihilation War? Like, that was a deep space event. Maybe a handful of the Earth heroes were there for that, it was mostly just to flex cosmics, and Dick Rider.

My main point though, was that if Reed gets shot, Franklin will just fix it, and it's not likely happening again.

Also last time he did anything large scale he created Heroes Reborn, and nobody wants that again.

DO YOU?

Well.. I guess there was that Celestial Voltron thing, but that involved adult Franklin, and "To me, my Galactus!"

Anyway, yea.

So you admit that the GL's win? I knew it. John is unstoppable. Thanks for validating my suspicions.
    Really, that many John Stewart in the same area likely kills all of them. The resulting failure wave, and all.

DCAU John Stewart is at least competent.

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I think Franklin's powers only returned to him during that recent Hickman arc, and to be honest I don't know that they were still active when he left it. My impression is that kid Franklin lacks much actual control of his powers at the best of times though, making him a funky character to use for rumble scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I think Franklin's powers only returned to him during that recent Hickman arc, and to be honest I don't know that they were still active when he left it. My impression is that kid Franklin lacks much actual control of his powers at the best of times though, making him a funky character to use for rumble scenarios.
    Mm, during Fear Itself he showed himself capable enough of reversing death/near death, and reversing the changes of a Skyfather level being.

After Thor recalled Mjolnir through Ben.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Is Quasar alive, and which one? I think that Wendell Vaughn had installed a Quantum sensor suite around the solar system to give him early warning, but I don't know if it will really help in these kinds of scenarios. What about a Nega Bands user?

Also, what level is Doctor Strange at, nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Is Quasar alive, and which one? I think that Wendell Vaughn had installed a Quantum sensor suite around the solar system to give him early warning, but I don't know if it will really help in these kinds of scenarios. What about a Nega Bands user?

Also, what level is Doctor Strange at, nowadays?
    Last I saw of him was Black Order Strange, who murdered the hell out of Doctor Spectrum and his buddies.

Arx Inosaan

Did Marvel Earth keep that honestly-great-idea planetary defense shield from last year?
    Last edited by Morning; 01-05-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Last I saw of him was Black Order Strange, who murdered the hell out of Doctor Spectrum and his buddies.
    He's been depowered at least once since