Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MCU Thor vs The Thing

616 Ben Grimm. This is Thor with his hammer, before it broke.

Standard arena, except there are some trees and boulders dotted around. Cause y'know... sand is boring.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The ever loving blue eyed Thing kicks some serious asgardian ass. Only iffyness is I can't think of an example of how Ben has done with lightning before but that's Thor's only shot as he gets manhandled worse than against Kurse in CQC.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Yeah, I dunno about all of that. This seems like it would go down like the Surtur fight in the beginning of Ragnarok. Thor is just too quick for Ben, and can just yoyo the hammer off of Ben until he drops. There is no reason for him to let this turn into wrestling (even though, to be extremely fair, Thor does just that TWICE against Hulk: in Avengers and in Ragnarok, both times sacrificing his significant speed and skill edge to enter into a clumsy grapple against a larger, stronger foe - writing can be really annoying sometimes).

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, if Ben gets his hands on Thor then Thor is done. Ben is much stronger than him.

Heck, I'm kind of dubious if MCU Thor - prior to his thunder god upgrade - can actually hurt Thing.

I mean, he's fast enough to play keepaway for a while but Thing can thunderclap or use his, mostly completely forgetten, superbreath to offset that.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

And that's certainly a fair take as well. I guess it comes down to whether Thor's bouncing Mjolnir off Ben repeatedly (or other ranged stuff) can eventually wear Ben down. I don't know that Ben's thunderclap is going to bring Thor down or do anything significant to him, and knocking Thor AWAY is the LAST thing Ben wants if he's going to win the fight. Thor is definitely a better fighter and quicker, so he can certainly play keepaway for as long as he needs to. Thor also doesn't really seem to get particularly tired, even during protracted engagements, though to be fair, none of those ever seem to go on for more than 10 or 15 minutes in the films - the nature of the medium, really. He can also just unload with a massive stream of energy (à la AoU against Ultron) and keep it on Ben relatively indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    And that's certainly a fair take as well. I guess it comes down to whether Thor's bouncing Mjolnir off Ben repeatedly (or other ranged stuff) can eventually wear Ben down. I don't know that Ben's thunderclap is going to bring Thor down or do anything significant to him, and knocking Thor AWAY is the LAST thing Ben wants if he's going to win the fight. Thor is definitely a better fighter and quicker, so he can certainly play keepaway for as long as he needs to. Thor also doesn't really seem to get particularly tired, even during protracted engagements, though to be fair, none of those ever seem to go on for more than 10 or 15 minutes in the films - the nature of the medium, really. He can also just unload with a massive stream of energy (à la AoU against Ultron) and keep it on Ben relatively indefinitely.
    Honestly I think Ben has better durability feats then MCU Mjolnir. Dude could basically walk through anything the MCU Avengers have had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Honestly I think Ben has better durability feats then MCU Mjolnir. Dude could basically walk through anything the MCU Avengers have had to deal with.
    Well, the only time Mjolnir was damaged (more like outright destroyed) was when it was against an actual god, who was imprisoned by another god, and then was ultimately defeated by yet another god, all three of whom are also stronger than anything the MCU Avengers have had to deal with yet. There's no evidence of middle ground between Mjolnir being perfect and Mjolnir getting destroyed.

That's not to say that Ben can't harm Thor of course or vice versa, just that Mjolnir itself is unstoppable until it's not. We've only seen two opposite extremes.

The Thing cannot be Koed by anything Thor shower before or after his upgrade. I'd be surprised if anything Thor did managed to get a violent grunt out of Ben.

Ben is up into the take muktiole bows from Class 100 characters regularly. Thor's best doesn't even approach class 80 levels of damage output. And that's including the mother of all lighting bolts.

If Thor tosses Ben the hammer and Ben makes the mistake of grabbing it, it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If Thor tosses Ben the hammer and Ben makes the mistake of grabbing it, it's all over.
    It wasn't over for MCU Quicksilver, and he's a piece of toilet paper compared to Ben.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    It wasn't over for MCU Quicksilver, and he's a piece of toilet paper compared to Ben.
    No kidding. Or MCU Hulk, for that matter, who is also nothing Ben couldn't one shot.

BANNED

amusing thought :how loud do you think Thor will scream if he encounters thing after his hammer gets destroyed and before his ascendance. As to the fight its clobbering time!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    No kidding. Or MCU Hulk, for that matter, who is also nothing Ben couldn't one shot.
    You think? He would beat the tar out of him, no doubt, but one punch victory seems a little much to me.

As for the fight, I went back over some older Thor stuff. He can generate a tornado capable of lifting the Destroyer Armor into the air. Could he maybe slowly lift Thing and toss him out of the arena? Or at least restrict him from fighting back?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

What has Ben done to suggest he is particularly more powerful than Thor? All the "keeps up against class 100s" stuff was in the classic days, these days he barely gets a look in against that crowd. Yeah he's lifted buildings and all but that's hardly all that beyond MCU Thor

Likewise MCU Thor has done little to suggest he's all that faster (if at all) than Ben by actual feats unless we're talking flying speed

I think Thing could survive a Jotunheim strike but not indefinitely

Yeah he's lifted buildings and all but that's hardly all that beyond MCU Thor
    Ehhhhh.... I'm not personally recalling anything strength wise from MCU Thor that's akin to pulling down buildings and compressing them into weapons, propping up a tottering oil rig, crap like that, unless I missed something.

Ben isn't anywhere in the class 100 crowd, but you shouldn't need to be to still well blow past MCU Thor strength wise, for instance.