Default Cable #153 preview

https://www.cbr.com/cable-153/
    Just two more issues to go after Brisson leaves the title sadly. :/
    Give Brisson another X-Title stat! And hopefully a team book.

I´m still pretty confused with the timings here... Does the action take place 13 years ago?? that is right after Selene killed the X-ternals?? I am confused...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I´m still pretty confused with the timings here... Does the action take place 13 years ago?? that is right after Selene killed the X-ternals?? I am confused...
    Honestly the timeline for this is screwed. It's supposed to be set in the 90's, which wouldn't be 13 years ago, but should just be a vaguely 'in the past...' sort of thing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Honestly the timeline for this is screwed. It's supposed to be set in the 90's, which wouldn't be 13 years ago, but should just be a vaguely 'in the past...' sort of thing.
    Blame it on the Sliding Timescale.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Blame it on the Sliding Timescale.
    Nah, I blame Brisson for dating it and editorial for letting him lol.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Preview looks good. Cable is one of those books where you really can overlook the weird quirks of time travel, sliding scale and all, and just enjoy it for what it is. That's what makes Cable comics so entertaining.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I will miss this team it's a shame they had potential. Considering I'm not a fan of time travel stories they still managed to capture my attention .

Blink will have a new team and a new title but the New Exiles have not been able to convince me, yet it's a good opportunity for fans of the character who has been in limbo for so long.

So Marvel changed Blink's cleavage after all the controversy...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    It is supposed to take place around the comics that were published 13 years ago, i.e., 2004, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Preview looks good. Cable is one of those books where you really can overlook the weird quirks of time travel, sliding scale and all, and just enjoy it for what it is. That's what makes Cable comics so entertaining.
    Agreed. 100%. You simply cannot overanalyze time travel and enjoy stories featuring it. Because you either create a time paradox anyway by going back in time and changing the future (i.e., where did you come back from if that future no longer exists?); or if you’re going off of a multiple timelines model (i.e., string theory or multiverse) then what did you really change? You just essentially shifted to a different timeline, but the one you came from still exists. So you accomplished nothing.

In this case, yeah, the writer screwed up. He subbed out real world time for Marvel time or something. Just roll with it and enjoy the rest of the story, because it’s pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I will miss this team it's a shame they had potential. Considering I'm not a fan of time travel stories they still managed to capture my attention .

Blink will have a new team and a new title but the New Exiles have not been able to convince me, yet it's a good opportunity for fans of the character who has been in limbo for so long.
    I also love this team and think New Exiles looks horribly lame. Wish Blink was staying with Cable and this crew for a new X-Force book instead.