Mighty Member

Default Batman the animated series episode 28: Robin's Reckoning

An excellent two parter that is one of my fave episodes and has excellent writing as it won an emmy for good reason! this gives Robin an excellent backstory and great emotion with thrills, action and drama balanced perfectly. There's even a nod to Akira in one scene in this episode.

I remembered when the two parter aired on prime time and it was awesome as i was turning 12 25 years ago seeing this.

I've been waiting for this one. Best of the best. Growing up, Robin episodes were my favorite. These are the episodes that I will rewatch just about yearly. As small of a thing as it is, I love that Batman has a different costume before he gets Robin. In an all-around fantastic series, this and Heart of Ice are the two standouts, but there is no competition for me here.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 01-05-2018 at 06:42 AM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

An excellent story that draws a lot of elements from the criminally underrated Batman: Year Three.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    An excellent story that draws a lot of elements from the criminally underrated Batman: Year Three.
    Year Three is amazing, wish DC collected editions would do a TPB or a HC. They should've done a Deluxe Edition of this and A Lonely Place of Dying. Glad to see someone else have a fondness for this story-arc

Extraordinary Member

I thought the first part was great. Something about the second part, though, I thought was lacking. I dunno, just kind of came off as dull to me. I do realize, btw, that I'm probably clearly in the minority on this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    One of my fave Batman stories too

Amazing Member

I Loved the episode. I'm actually re-watching the whole series. It's on Amazon Prime!

Incredible Member

One of the shows best 2 parters, it was great seeing Robin's origin (not to mention Batman's Year One style costume and Gordon with Red Hair a la Year One). It was nice to see a shout out to the Anime classic "Akira" as well

Thomas F Wilson (AKA Biff from Back to the Future) makes a great Zucco and Loren Lester does some great work with Robin's anger.

Overall a great pair of episodes!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    One of the shows best 2 parters, it was great seeing Robin's origin (not to mention Batman's Year One style costume and Gordon with Red Hair a la Year One). It was nice to see a shout out to the Anime classic "Akira" as well

Thomas F Wilson (AKA Biff from Back to the Future) makes a great Zucco and Loren Lester does some great work with Robin's anger.

Overall a great pair of episodes!
    I did noticed when i saw this episode he sounded like Biff and when i taped the episode and saw the end credits on the tape on pause it was him.