View Poll Results: Do you want less-expensive floppies?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • $1.99

38 82.61%
  • $3.99

5 10.87%
  • Don't klnow/No Opinion

3 6.52%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default $3.99 for floppies on fancy paper, or $1.99 for floppies on newsprint?

Which would you rather pay for Marvel's titles, if you could get the collections on fancy paper either way?

Alterna Comics is now printing floppies on newsprint and charging $1.50 for them, and is having great success with it.

http://www.comicon.com/2017/10/04/pe...t-renaissance/
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-05-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Fantastic Member

3.99 for 30 pages (22 story and 8 backup with other character or side character)

I'd take the $1.99 newsprint. You know, the issues will eventually be collected in a TPB anyway...

I like the idea.

I only buy online copies these days anyway, so it doesn't affect me. Might as well ask me what brand of buggy-whip I prefer.

BANNED

Again: no option like 2;99 which actually exist unlike the idea of 1,99 which likely wont work because of the many reasons already given in the Dc forum.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-05-2018 at 02:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Again: no option like 2;99 which actually exist unlike the idea of 1,99 which likely wont work because of the many reasons already given in the Dc forum.
    Bor, Marvel is not charging $2.99 for any of their comics. Not one! So why would they knock a dollar off the price of their floppies and keep printing them on 50-pound paper?

And why would you think that's an option?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 01-05-2018 at 02:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Bor, Marvel is not charging $2.99 for any of their comics. Not one! So why would they knock a dollar off the price of their floppies and keep printing them on 50-pound paper?

And why would you think that's an option?
    Because DC does it with a whole lot of titles? How is that hard for you to understand?

I think its an option because it is happening right now with the main competitor unlike your idea here.

Why would you think its not an option when it already exist?

So I guess it really was because you didnt want to have people consider the real world but only your “never going to happen” idea?

BANNED

You can go ask Marvel to knock a dollar off their price and to keep printing their floppies on 50-pound paper.

Good luck with that, but it has nothing to do with this topic.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 01-05-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I know there are other alternatives, as well as arguments against the whether this is even possible, but I would say that, YES, I would prefer $1.99 for the newsprint rather than the $3.99 for current Marvel. This one is barely even worth considering (as compared to DC) since Marvel paper/ink just sucks right now and it not worth the $3.99 they charge (and, yes, I still pay.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Because DC does it with a whole lot of titles? How is that hard for you to understand?

I think its an option because it is happening right now with the main competitor unlike your idea here.

Why would you think its not an option when it already exist?

So I guess it really was because you didnt want to have people consider the real world but only your “never going to happen” idea?
    Marvel has a cover price of $3.99 for 32 page books with a digital copy . DC's cover price is $2.99 for a 32 page comic. DC also has $3.99 books with a digital copy attached (Batwoman and probably others).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Marvel has a cover price of $3.99 for 32 page books with a digital copy . DC's cover price is $2.99 for a 32 page comic. DC also has $3.99 books with a digital copy attached (Batwoman and probably others).
    Exactly? That was my point. When DC is able to do it there is no reason Marvel should not be able to except they want to make more money, which is understandable.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I absolutely would prefer the old newsprint, but I highly doubt the costs are really double because of the paper.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

If you want us to buy $4 book then give us a $4 dollar story

I stopped buying new floppies due to the price and buy trades. Lets see for $12 I can buy 3 comics that take 2 min to read and have less story then a 1950s uncle scrooge comic or I can go to books a million or amazon and buy a full trade paperback or a 100 page manga that I can put on a bookshelf!

The only floppies I buy are older ones from pre 90s and they are all newsprint. Dropping the newsstand market was also really dumb. People can't just go into a gas station and try a comic they see. With the prices they are I doubt they would anyways.