Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who do you consider is Peter's best buddy in the superhero community

Peter has been close friends with both matt and johnny almost from the beginning and they count among his oldest friends. Matt has not perhaps been as close to peter but he was the closest thing to a kindred spirit that peter knew with whom he had shared his secrets, struggles and fought beside. The same goes for Johnny expect that they are closer to the point of almost sharing a brotherly dynamic not to mention Johnny considers him a member of his family. Which of these friendships/pairings do you feel you truly consider iconic and who do you think peter is closer to matt or Johnny?

I'd say Johnny Storm since they are the same age. There should be a mini-series about them together- or even an ongoing. Bring back the Strange Tales brand.

Yeah, I'd say Johnny, with Matt being close second.

Yeah, Johnny's got to be #1. No one else has the same degree of history, development, and as close a friendship with Peter that Johnny does.

Matt would probably be close, but now that Peter doesn't know he's Daredevil their relationship kind of feels back to square one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yeah, I'd say Johnny, with Matt being close second.
    I'd also put Wolverine as a distant third.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Johnny's got to be #1. No one else has the same degree of history, development, and as close a friendship with Peter that Johnny does.

Matt would probably be close, but now that Peter doesn't know he's Daredevil their relationship kind of feels back to square one.

I'd also put Wolverine as a distant third.
    I could see the argument for Daredevil at number 2. But I would put any other member of the Fantastic Four before Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wait, what? How? Did Matt do his own OMD?

Yeah pretty much with the purple man kids. He saved them and they decided to help him out by making the whole forget about his identity. Also I think he’s best friend is human torch right now

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I could see the argument for Daredevil at number 2. But I would put any other member of the Fantastic Four before Wolverine.
    Well, I did say distant third .

Johnny Storm the Human Torch
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If this were the 90's I'd say Torch or Daredevil, maybe MJ but I guess Superior (Ock) screwed that one up...
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfang View Post
    If this were the 90's I'd say Torch or Daredevil, maybe MJ but I guess Superior (Ock) screwed that one up...
    MJ's not a superhero.

(RYV doesn't count for purposes of this discussion.)

Amazing Member

yes def torch although they are not speaking due to peter selling the FF building.

That will likely be resolved during Avengers No Surrender, since the Avengers teams will be merged. Johnny did already seem to be over it in Uncanny Avengers #30 anyway. He spent a bunch of his inheritance from Reed on buying Avengers Mansion, which he gifted to the team, thereby making up for Peter's and Deadpool's actions which had cost the main and unity teams their previous HQs.

Definitely Johnny, especially after he learned the secret identity.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets