Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Ultraverse

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    If Marvel doesn't want to pay royalties, they should sell the rights back to the creators. But I doubt it. Marvel doesn't want competition.
    I honestly don't think it's that, at this point.

What if they sell the rights back, and the Ultraverse starts killing it in the movies or TV? Or what if they buy out the creators and the Ultraverse material flops?

The Ultraverse doesn't have the wealth of stories behind it that DC or Marvel do, so it's a far bigger gamble either way, and I doubt any suit at Disney wants responsibility for the decision.

So no one is going to make a decision about the Ultraverse either until they legally have to, or by some miracle, we get an EiC who cares about the characters

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

Digital reissues of the comics would be nice, but if the subject is toxic in terms of office politics....
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

Spectacular Member

how'd Topaz make into Thor Ragnarock?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    how'd Topaz make into Thor Ragnarock?
    Not the Topaz I was thinking of when I heard the name. And looking at the woman who played the Grandmaster's henchwench, the Ultraverse/Ultraforce version didn't pop up on my mental rolodex either. Although, the Queen of Gwendor would've made for an interesting rival, foe of Valkyrie in the flick. Probably a coincidence the name was used. But thinking about the flick's writer, Chris Yost, in his writing career at Marvel was a big fan of Nineties' characters and concepts, used them in books like SCARLET SPIDER, and X-FORCE to nice effect. I could see him sneaking an Ultraverse reference under the door.

Incredible Member

The complete, Glen Larson produced, syndicated NIGHT MAN television series will be getting a DVD release June 12. http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-vi...ly-coming-dvd/

are they allowed to use Night Man in the current marvel comics? on another note, the only actual episode of the tv show that I remember had a guest appearance by Manimal (and his daughter).

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

Prime would make for a great movie. It'd also be cool to see Lord Pumpkin on screen.

Ultraverse meet Crossgen. Crossgen meet Ultraverse.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    The complete, Glen Larson produced, syndicated NIGHT MAN television series will be getting a DVD release June 12. http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-vi...ly-coming-dvd/
    LOL. The description of the dvd makes me laugh. Anyway, you must sell your product as you can:
    Based on the Marvel Comics Comic Book character, all 44 episodes of this legendary live-action series are available in this value-priced 9-disc collector’s set – for the first time ever on DVD! One of Marvel’s first forays into scripted television, paving the way for modern hits like “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” and “Iron Fist.”
    However I suppose this is more an initiative from the studio owner of the TV rights more than a comic bussiness. Look than the red Marvel logo is nowhere to be seen in the cover of the DVDpack. And technically, it WAS a "Marvel Comics comic book".

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    are they allowed to use Night Man in the current marvel comics? on another note, the only actual episode of the tv show that I remember had a guest appearance by Manimal (and his daughter).
    I don't think so. I don't even believe they have any interest in the Ultraverse characters. They have their own franchises smaller and bigger to exploit. For them the Ultraverse characters are not in the bottom of the barrel, they are under the bottom of the barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw Vigilante View Post
    Prime would make for a great movie. It'd also be cool to see Lord Pumpkin on screen.
    Yes, it could be. Lord Pumpkin himself could be an interesting tale of terror.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Ultraverse meet Crossgen. Crossgen meet Ultraverse.
    And that is another group of characters than went into darkness after being acquired by another giant. (But it was Disney in this case). Well, at least Marvel tried to relauch them. Unsucessfully, but tried.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Damn shame that this series/line is buried.

IMO, compared to most 90s crap, the Ultraverse's characters were well developed with clear concepts and motivations. Not 100% original, but even then, what is/was?

Compared to most 90s characters, they were well conceived.

"He has three metal arms and a cybernetic eye! Totally not Cable!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I remember the Black Knight and Nightwoman episodes as well but i loved the Manimal episode.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I remember the Black Knight and Nightwoman episodes as well but i loved the Manimal episode.
    There was one ep that really stood out to me was one that involved the recovery of an alien from its crashed ship. The episode was actually 50% clips from another, short-lived Glen Larson produced series, THE HIGHWAYMAN. An episode entitled "The Hitchhiker".

Quote Originally Posted by The One and Only View Post
    There was one ep that really stood out to me was one that involved the recovery of an alien from its crashed ship. The episode was actually 50% clips from another, short-lived Glen Larson produced series, THE HIGHWAYMAN. An episode entitled "The Hitchhiker".
    Wow didn't know that. Thanks i will have to look that one up!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Black Knight was in the Night Man series? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Black Knight was in the Night Man series? WTF?
    Not the Dane Whitman Marvel version. This one was called Art Bryson an African American if i remember correct had some sort of Black Hole Powers.