Default 'Venomized' Mini-Event Starting in April

Marvel has announced a new five part Venomized miniseries that will conclude the epic Venom-centric storyline that began in Venomverse last fall. Venomized, written by Cullen Bunn and illustrated by Iban Coello, will be released every week in April.

(W) Cullen Bunn
    (A) Ivan Coello
    (C) Nick Bradhaw

On Sale April 4

The story that began in VENOMVERSE reaches its epic conclusion with VENOMIZED! The POISONS, a species that hunger for super-powered symbiotes and their hosts, have picked their next target…THE MARVEL UNIVERSE ITSELF! Their first objective? Put every superhuman in a Klyntar symbiote – and CONSIME THEM! But with VENOM and the X-MEN still missing after the events of “Poison X,” the planet, and its heroes, is defenseless!
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-05-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Man, it feels like the 90's all over again .

I understand that Venomverse sold fairly well from what i recall, but this just feels so...unnecessary.

Not to mention we're already doing another major Venom storyline in with Venom Inc. right now.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2018...rse-venomized/

Venomized will feature the Poisons, a group of strange crystalline aliens that consume and assimilate kyntar symbiotes and their hosts. Bunn and Coello first introduced the Poisons in Venomverse, when Eddie Brock was summoned into an alternate reality to fight the Poisons alongside other "Venomized" characters from across the Multiverse.

Brock succeeded in stopping the Poison threat on that planet, but it seems that the Poisons have found a way into our Marvel Universe and are looking to consume any symbiote they can find. Even worse, the Poisons are led by an alternate-universe version of Thanos, who has been assimilated by the Poisons along with several other supervillains!

According to the synopsis of the first issue of Venomized, the Poisons' goal is simple: they'll expose Earth's superhumans to symbiotes and then consume them. Even worse, both Venom and the X-Men are missing after the events of "Poison X," an upcoming crossover between X-Men: Blue and Venom, which means that Earth is vulnerable to an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, it feels like the 90's all over again .

I understand that Venomverse sold fairly well from what i recall, but this just feels so...unnecessary.

Not to mention we're already doing another major Venom storyline in with Venom Inc. right now.
    Worst of all, it's hinting that the O5 are coming back in this event.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Worst of all, it's hinting that the O5 are coming back in this event.
    ..Oh yay .

So this is what we get instead of "big" events now, just smaller events followed by...a continuation of that smaller event.

BANNED

Something tells me that we may see Dr. Doom’s Venom Bomb again in this event.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I wonder if we'll get to see a symbiotic Kamala in this. Also, I hope that sometime they bring back the xenophage, a creature that devours symbiotes rather than assimilating them:

"I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Edit, double post
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Contradiction! If the X-Men Blue team are missing, Cyclops shouldn't be on that cover.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Something tells me that we may see Dr. Doom’s Venom Bomb again in this event.
    I thought that the Latverian satellite already released it's payload over NYC? The ironic thing about that is that it was really caused by a Stark technician dropping a monkey wrench while he was repairing a Stark Industries satellite. It fell and struck the Latverian satellite, causing the virus to be released.

I was originally gonna ask why this needs to exist especially so close to Venomverse and Venom Inc but then I saw the plot synopses and just stopped caring. Who is asking so much for this stupid Poisons plot point that they keep shoving it down our throats?

Y'know, I think it's kind of funny to see them spinning all these major storylines focused on Venom when the actual Venom solo isn't doing so hot in sales at the moment .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I think it's kind of funny to see them spinning all these major storylines focused on Venom when the actual Venom solo isn't doing so hot in sales at the moment .
    Wonder if they plan to stop this before or after the Venom movie. All we need is for Flash and Mania to get another book and we’ll practically be on Wolverine levels of publicity.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wonder if they plan to stop this before or after the Venom movie. All we need is for Flash and Mania to get another book and we’ll practically be on Wolverine levels of publicity.
    Or Spider-Man levels. He did it first, and he's had so many spinoffs of his own. That being said, bring it on, though the proper title if they want to make a verb out of "Venom" should be "Envenomed."
    The spider is always on the hunt.